PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Be sure to be there at midnight. GameStop sold my launch Xbox 360 which was paid in full. I used amazon this time around.
I wouldn't sweat losing out on your preorder. In fact, I preordered mine at Best Buy and I'm not even worried about it. Retailers (Gamestop especially) have gotten much better about handling inventory vs. preorder allocations. These retailers have had months to coordinate and execute their preorder process so I'd be surprised if we get a ton of horror stories on 11/15. Sure, there's the random off chance that some clueless employee will mistaken somebody's reservation with a customer's name but that's more of an isolated incident than the norm come launch day.

I don't think it's worth rearranging your schedule to be there at midnight. Midnight launches are fun if you have the time to spare but I personally would rather just go to work on launch day, Friday, and pick up my PS4 on the way home from work to avoid using up a vacation day and ensure I get a good night's rest on Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it not say on your receipt how long GS will hold your console? Game pre-orders always say 48 hours. Is it different with consoles?
It does say for games on the receipt that they hold for 48 hours, but I remember a bunch of parents flipping out at my local GameStop when I was there the weekend after Luigi's Mansion came out (so about 5 or 6 days after launch) because they preordered the game and it wasn't held for them. I don't think most people read the back of their receipt, and I would doubt most GS employees warn that something will only be held for 48 hours and not indefinitely because it could jeopardize the preorder. Which makes sense on their part, that's their job, and it is the job of the consumer to stay informed as is the case with any store. They may hold consoles longer. When I was in the same GS about a month ago one of the managers working said they could just hold them for up to 48 hours, but there's also a chance that they won't be told to sell through until a week later in an attempt to avoid upsetting customers who don't pick up their console right away for whatever reason.

The other problem I foresee, less prevalent perhaps, are people either forgetting which store they preordered at/assuming they just go to any store for a preorder or insisting that they did preorder at a place even if their order isn't in the system.

when I was at gamestop back in June the guy in front of me asked how they were handling ps4 pre orders and he told the guy that as long as they accepted your money for the pre order you were guranteed one day one.  Anyone else hear this from a gamestop employee?  Hopefully hes right. 

when I was at gamestop back in June the guy in front of me asked how they were handling ps4 pre orders and he told the guy that as long as they accepted your money for the pre order you were guranteed one day one. Anyone else hear this from a gamestop employee? Hopefully hes right.

They say they hold your preorder for 48hours from release day.

Times have changed man, they dont operate like that anymore. Back then they took 100+ preorders with absolutely no clue about how many they were getting. The Wii and PS3 launches they fixed the issue and it was no longer a problem. The Wii U had no problems either, gamestop knows how many systems they are getting and they wont exceed that preorder number.

I recall a gamestop managing saying back in 2005 that he had to call about 100+ disgruntled customers the days prior to the 360 launch. He hated his job completely by the end of it.

LOL yeah right. Around 6 months ago I ordered Max Payne Collectors Edition online with in store pickup. I went there at 12:30 and they had sold it to some other guy that morning. I would NEVER preorder a console from Gamestop. Good luck to whoever does lol

Pre ordered the first day of the promotion on 8/24. Paid the initial 10%. Today, made the final payment. I must say, it is a load off my back now that I don't have to worry about it come launch. My games, dualshock 4, and PS+ card are at Gamestop. Now, I have to decide how I'm going to proceed in getting this at launch as I have the 15-17th off work. Do I go at midnight and game all night. Or be more human and go to bed normally after work the 14th, and get up bright and early the morning of the 15th? Decisions, Decisions.
u2asa7er.jpg
ebu7yjaq.jpg
I thought Wal-Mart's layaway closes at 10 PM and you have to buy the next day?

Does amazon have a way to add more reward points to a pre-order? I have a bunch now on my amazon cc but couldn't find a way to do it on the site.

Walmart does not. It's treated as a layaway item.
my walmart had display for xbox one and ps4 and they had slips of paper with the product info on it no it's not a physical card but it's a thing you bring to layaway area/service desk. With the games even current gen games my walmart has phisical cards you have for pre order

I really find that hard to believe. Im going to wal-mart in a few so ill see if this is also at my store.
why don't i go right now at 11 p.m just to take a photo of the slips and then the wall of pre order cards for upcoming games will that make you happy? Just because one store does not do it don't mean others do. but what does it matter you bash me on everything i say anyways even if it's my opinion.

why don't i go right now at 11 p.m just to take a photo of the slips and then the wall of pre order cards for upcoming games will that make you happy? Just because one store does not do it don't mean others do. but what does it matter you bash me on everything i say anyways even if it's my opinion.
How was anything he said a personal attack on you?

says a guy that just did personal attack on me
:)

I just pointed out how no one ever believes what you say.

Back on Topic:

Was at my target earlier. Out of ps4 pre order cards, still had 4 through 10 of xbone cards. I got card 2 well over a month ago at this point. Those are moving really slow to say the least.

:)

I just pointed out how no one ever believes what you say.

Back on Topic:

Was at my target earlier. Out of ps4 pre order cards, still had 4 through 10 of xbone cards. I got card 2 well over a month ago at this point. Those are moving really slow to say the least.
well i proved them all incorrect and you by that post i just linked. my target is out of x1 cards but have like 3 ps4 cards left so just shows some areas are diff areas. Over the years i know from going to gaming stores that my area is a xbox heavy area and yes some areas are ps heavy areas.

Does amazon have a way to add more reward points to a pre-order? I have a bunch now on my amazon cc but couldn't find a way to do it on the site.
What I recently did was buy a physical gift card with the points. Then you can apply the gift card to your order via the orders page. If there's a better way hopefully CAGs will help us.

Pre ordered the first day of the promotion on 8/24. Paid the initial 10%. Today, made the final payment. I must say, it is a load off my back now that I don't have to worry about it come launch. My games, dualshock 4, and PS+ card are at Gamestop. Now, I have to decide how I'm going to proceed in getting this at launch as I have the 15-17th off work. Do I go at midnight and game all night. Or be more human and go to bed normally after work the 14th, and get up bright and early the morning of the 15th? Decisions, Decisions.
u2asa7er.jpg
ebu7yjaq.jpg

Nice! I decided to join in and finished my payment for PS4 at my local gamestop, now to decide whether or not to get the camera...

0zEejrR.jpg

Nice! I decided to join in and finished my payment for PS4 at my local gamestop, now to decide whether or not to get the camera...

0zEejrR.jpg

I just don't see the appeal of it right now unless you do a lot of local gaming with 2+ conteollers

I have the Watch Dogs Bundle and the 2nd Controller Bundle pre-ordered on Amazon. I am trying to decide which is the better choice given we will likely have no idea how Watch Dogs really is before launch (I'm thinking that the reviews will be held till launch so those who pre-ordered will buy it anyways for the new system). The more gameplay I see the more of an Assassins Creed vibe I get. I personally did not care for the AC series. Anyone get that feeling or is it just more of a visual thing?

I have a pre-order on amazon but I want to put it on my credit card instead of my debit for points and such. I can't switch payment without losing my launch day spot, can I?

I have the Watch Dogs Bundle and the 2nd Controller Bundle pre-ordered on Amazon. I am trying to decide which is the better choice given we will likely have no idea how Watch Dogs really is before launch (I'm thinking that the reviews will be held till launch so those who pre-ordered will buy it anyways for the new system). The more gameplay I see the more of an Assassins Creed vibe I get. I personally did not care for the AC series. Anyone get that feeling or is it just more of a visual thing?
Do you expect to have a use for the second controller? In my case, because the DualShock's batteries are not swappable (like the rechargeable AAs I always use in my 360 controllers), having a second one that's always charged up will make sure I don't get interrupted by batteries going out. The fact that the PS4 can charge controllers while in standby (unlike the PS3) is icing on the cake. And if history is any indication, the charge cable Sony provides is not going to reach 11 feet back to my couch from my console table.

If you're on the fence about Watch Dogs, you might want to stick with the dual controller bundle. If Watch Dogs turns out to be junk, I'm sure you'll have an easier time selling a new DualShock 4 for top dollar if you decide you don't need it.

With black friday right around the corner I would go with the 2nd controller bundle.

well i proved them all incorrect and you by that post i just linked. my target is out of x1 cards but have like 3 ps4 cards left so just shows some areas are diff areas. Over the years i know from going to gaming stores that my area is a xbox heavy area and yes some areas are ps heavy areas.
Holy grammar, Batman!

I don't really think that proves anything, in regards to the Target comment. All of my local Targets had at least double, if not triple the amount of PS4 reserve cards to Xbox One cards. The closest one to me only started with 5 XB1 cards and 20 PS4 ones. The Target I visited in Tampa was pretty close to the 1:3 ratio as well. And from what I've read here, that's pretty common across the board. If that's the case, than PS4 has more preorders than XB1 sold, even though there are cards left still.

in terms of preorders PS4 to XB1 is 4:1 according to several gamestop stores in my area. In terms of the early core gamer audience PS4 is doing well so far.

If you were a true gamer you'd get both at launch.
only way i get both is if gamestop puts up another great trade in promo for systems after buying games and controllers for both would be around 1300 bucks unless i want to be playing my xbox one and ps4 at mcdonalds on their free wifi good chance it will not be possible. Plus the only game i want to play on ps4 right now is second son and that is not out till feb which is tax time so that will allow me to get one for sure.

pre

pre orders are pre orders it will be interesting how many pre orders for both systems turn into real sold systems.
Yes, the numbers will be adjusted due to some speculators come release week but when my main store has 85 PS4's and 25 XB1's, there's no way 60 PS4 preorders will end up being cancellations.

I thought you said before you had no need for extra controllers?
well im buying the blue ps4 controller and the ps4 camera when i do get ps4 and im selling the black controller that comes with ps4. The xbox one i have to buy the charge cable and other things.

Main question i ask is why do you bash me on everything i say?

I just snagged an Xbox One and two games effectively cost-free by trading in around $650 worth of current-gen games and old electronics at GameStop (thanks to Playcation coupons). I was only going to get the PS4, but all that store credit made the choice to get both fairly effortless.

Yes, the numbers will be adjusted due to some speculators come release week but when my main store has 85 PS4's and 25 XB1's, there's no way 60 PS4 preorders will end up being cancellations.
Thats a pretty big difference.

To the avg consumer who doesnt care about all the John Kerrying by microsoft (aka Flip Flopping) that 100 difference in price will be a big factor. I got pre orders for both x2 but plan to only keep 1 ps4 and pick up xbone later on after a price drop.

well im buying the blue ps4 controller and the ps4 camera when i do get ps4 and im selling the black controller that comes with ps4. The xbox one i have to buy the charge cable and other things.

Main question i ask is why do you bash me on everything i say?
How exactly am I bashing you?

Why do you get so defensive is a better question.

bread's done
Back