PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Yeah the answer you get depends on which Best Buy you talk to. I'm probably going to duck out of work at about 4pm (or maybe just take that Thursday entirely and monitor the line situation) and go from there. It's worth noting that my best buy informed me that if you have a preorder that you're guaranteed a launch day system.

e: I would also add then when I went to BB to try to pay off some of my preorder, they could me this is a process that could not be completed because the SKU is closed. Whenever you add payment for Best Buy, I guess it automatically cancels it and refunds the initial deposit and adds it again.
Your Best Buy let you add money to your PS4 reserve? Mine told me I could only put money down when I reserved it and at the time of purchase. Weird, I guess I got a misinformed rep.

So I'm super late to this party. I just tonight decided that I would have enough to buy one at launch. Where's my best bet to get one of these now?

So I'm super late to this party. I just tonight decided that I would have enough to buy one at launch. Where's my best bet to get one of these now?
Check this thread on a daily basis and have hope. Have hope that a store like Bestbuy or Gamestop opens preorders again.

Unlike the Xbox One, this little thing is going to be alot more difficult to get at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this thread on a daily basis and have hope. Have hope that a store like Bestbuy or Gamestop opens preorders again.

Unlike the Xbox One, this little thing is going to be alot more difficult to get at launch.
I live in the Northwest, so we have Fred Meyers. They always get consoles on launch--they're actually where I got my WiiU way back when--so I'm thinking they 'may' be my best bet.

Both will be completely sold out until the initial demand dies down. In the UK the Xbox is starting to raise up in demand dramatically because of their software.

I live in the Northwest, so we have Fred Meyers. They always get consoles on launch--they're actually where I got my WiiU way back when--so I'm thinking they 'may' be my best bet.
If you dont find one I'll see you one of my preorders for 600 plus shipping.

That Taco Bell, Sweepstakes must be pretty legit. This is the 2nd Cag post I've seen with someone winning it and I don't browse here much.......hmmmmm kind of hungry now.....

Sorry, wasn't looking for attention. Just thought I would post in here if people are trying to win still to give them hope. AND, that I'll be gaming the PS4 on relase week!

Yay! I'm getting a free PS4! Well...maybe. Not because I won the Taco Bell contest, but I won a T-Mobile contest (prize being a Samsung Galaxy S4); I'm selling it to pay for my PS4. I've listed it on eBay, Craigslist, and Amazon, but I haven't got any bites yet. :( I need to sell this thing before the value of it tanks (Black Friday and SGS5 are on the way). I was thinking of selling it for less than $500 (way below asking price), since ANY money I get for it will be a gain.

That Taco Bell, Sweepstakes must be pretty legit. This is the 2nd Cag post I've seen with someone winning it and I don't browse here much.......hmmmmm kind of hungry now.....
The Taco Bell PS Vita promotion last year had many people winning; Burger King Wii U promotion did too.

to all the people with the questions about Best Buy.  When the Iphone 5 came out, they did the same thing.  A preorder put you in line at the store, they would have a list with the order of the preorders, and depending on stock would fulfill the preorders in order.  I preordered the Iphone, and didn't get it until after a week of it being out.  They should call people to let them know if they are getting one release day.  My guess is that most people who preordered there will get one on launch, while people who preordered towards the end of the preorders for best buy may be waiting a few days...

Man I always think this contests are either impossible to win or no one wins at all... but two people on here winning, not to mention it is every 15 minutes... maybe it is real...  Taco Bell for lunch it is!

just so i understand, for the people that won the taco bell promotion, did you text in the code and receive a your a winner, or did you receive the code later on?

just so i understand, for the people that won the taco bell promotion, did you text in the code and receive a your a winner, or did you receive the code later on?
Yeah it tells you right away you win. Had to complete it by PC though since the website had issues on the phone.

hmmmm... it is tempting, wonder if I may just wait for the free game to start Oct 29th and try my luck then... I ust paid off my ps4, so it isn't a huge deal... but would be nice to have another $400 (who wouldn't like that).

to all the people with the questions about Best Buy. When the Iphone 5 came out, they did the same thing. A preorder put you in line at the store, they would have a list with the order of the preorders, and depending on stock would fulfill the preorders in order. I preordered the Iphone, and didn't get it until after a week of it being out. They should call people to let them know if they are getting one release day. My guess is that most people who preordered there will get one on launch, while people who preordered towards the end of the preorders for best buy may be waiting a few days...

Man I always think this contests are either impossible to win or no one wins at all... but two people on here winning, not to mention it is every 15 minutes... maybe it is real... Taco Bell for lunch it is!
I understand what your saying but per the BestBuy posting regarding pre-orders (found here http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Consoles-Accessories/Xbox-One-and-PlayStation-4-at-Best-Buy/td-p/688169 ) the following is the "system" they will use...

Does a pre-order guarantee that I will get my console on launch day?
A: The quantities that we are allowing to be pre-ordered are based on the initial quantities we expect to receive, and the number of units that our stores will receive will be based on the quantity they pre-order. This is why you'll see, "Pre-order - Pick it up on release day," listed by the Store Pickup option on BestBuy.com, and the same is expected for in-store pre-orders as we expect to be able to fulfill these on release day. For any pre-orders where customers choose ship-to-home, fulfillment dates will depend on the chosen method of shipping.

How long will my order be held if I ordered for in-store pick up through BestBuy.com or placed my pre-order in store?

A: We have standard times that stores will hold these types of orders.

• BestBuy.com In-Store Pick Up: Once the product is indicated as available for pick up, we'll hold your items at the store for 8 days. If you don't pick up your items by then, we'll cancel the order and refund your method of payment.
  • In-Store Pre-Orders: These orders will be held for 5 days. If they are not picked up within that timeframe, the products will be available to be sold to other customers.
I pre-ordered for pick up at a store that is having a midnight opening. Do I have to be there at midnight on launch day to pick up my console?

A: No. Pre-orders will be held for specific timeframes based off of where your order was placed (In Store or on BestBuy.com). See Q4 for additional details.

Based on that information I feel decent that for those of us that were there the first couple of days after the announcement will in fact get our systems day one UNLESS Sony craps the bed and the supply is terrible for everyone... Just my $0.02...

No, I believe everyone that originally preordered will get thier consoles, however, with this new batch of preorders opening up... there may be a chance that they may have to wait for their consoles, then as for people who just want to go get one, it will be a couple of weeks, my bet is that most retailers will be getting a shipment for black friday that they will not sell until then!  So if someone hasn't preordered, black friday will be your best bet, I could definitely see a 10 console minimum for first come first serve to get hype back up to be there at midnight or what ever time they open this year.

I wish that there was more options than the Taco Bell box. I would prefer not to eat Taco Bell because afterwards I would be feeling it, lol. Now if they did KFC or something, then I would be in.

I am glad they are reducing preorders of the PS4 to one per person at GS. Hopefully it cuts down on el hoardo at the end of the year.

Wow, one month away. It's going to be great, even though the only PS4 games I plan to play right now will be Watch Dogs and Injustice (going to wait a bit for Injustice).

Well, Ubisoft just pushed back the Watch Dogs release to 2014. I assume the already pre-ordered bundles will have us select another game?

Watch Dogs getting delayed really comes to affect my decision to get the PS4 now. Not sure if Killzone and Assassin's Creed will make it worth it now.
If Amazon gives people who brought the bundle a FREE game or some Amazon Credit then people will keep their preorder.

If its just pick another game, then I can see a lot of users just cancelling (me included).

If Amazon gives people who brought the bundle a FREE game or some Amazon Credit then people will keep their preorder.

If its just pick another game, then I can see a lot of users just cancelling (me included).
Its an unreleased game that was delayed by the publisher, not through any fault of Amazon. The chances of Amazon giving you anything for free is 0.0%.

Honestly the best case scenario is Amazon just changing your order from Bundle to non-bundle Launch edition.

Its OK if you cancel, someone who ordered a Standard edition who's about to be upgraded will thank you.

Its an unreleased game that was delayed by the publisher, not through any fault of Amazon. The chances of Amazon giving you anything for free is 0.0%.

Honestly the best case scenario is Amazon just changing your order from Bundle to non-bundle Launch edition.

Its OK if you cancel, someone who ordered a Standard edition who's about to be upgraded will thank you.
Yeah it's unrealistic to expect Amazon to "make this right" because they aren't at fault.

amazon is not the only company that has issues now lol alot of stores did a watch dogs bundle including gamestop,bestbuy,walmart. what a mess this will be. i don't know if this decision was made buy the people working on game or the higher ups in ubisoft. if i had to guess i would say the higher ups in ubisoft seeing it's like a month away which same thing happend with rayman early this year. MY guess is the pre order numbers for ac4 was not that great and they seen how watch dogs was blowing it out of water this way they get ac4 out then early 14 they have watch dogs.

amazon is not the only company that has issues now lol alot of stores did a watch dogs bundle including gamestop,bestbuy,walmart. what a mess this will be. i don't know if this decision was made buy the people working on game or the higher ups in ubisoft. if i had to guess i would say the higher ups in ubisoft seeing it's like a month away which same thing happend with rayman early this year. MY guess is the pre order numbers for ac4 was not that great and they seen how watch dogs was blowing it out of water this way they get ac4 out then early 14 they have watch dogs.
Yeah, people on other sites are speculating that GTA 5 sales scared them off, but 1) who didn't see that coming? and 2) that was two months prior to release. I'm guessing that AC4 preorders aren't great, and the games ran the risk of cannibalizing each other.

The Wacth Dog delay is surprising as hell, especially this close to launch. Wow. I wasn't planning on picking it up day one, but it sucks for those who were. Curious to see how retailers handle the bundle situation. If I ordered it I would want to be able to pick another game.

No, I believe everyone that originally preordered will get thier consoles, however, with this new batch of preorders opening up... there may be a chance that they may have to wait for their consoles, then as for people who just want to go get one, it will be a couple of weeks, my bet is that most retailers will be getting a shipment for black friday that they will not sell until then! So if someone hasn't preordered, black friday will be your best bet, I could definitely see a 10 console minimum for first come first serve to get hype back up to be there at midnight or what ever time they open this year.
Will this be online or do you have to go in the stores for the new pre orders?

The Wacth Dog delay is surprising as hell, especially this close to launch. Wow. I wasn't planning on picking it up day one, but it sucks for those who were. Curious to see how retailers handle the bundle situation. If I ordered it I would want to be able to pick another game.
same thing happend with rayman early this year this is showing how awful the leaders at that company are. you are one month away from launch when the game is about to go gold and it gets delayed. if they knew the game would not be done it time the delay would have been done before this.

Still going to keep my preorder, just to have the system in case a Wii situation happens. Going to grab Injustice instead. Have not played Injustice anyway so whatever.

Then my PS4 can collect dust like my WiiU did this year, lol.

I understand what your saying but per the BestBuy posting regarding pre-orders (found here http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Consoles-Accessories/Xbox-One-and-PlayStation-4-at-Best-Buy/td-p/688169 ) the following is the "system" they will use...

Does a pre-order guarantee that I will get my console on launch day?
A: The quantities that we are allowing to be pre-ordered are based on the initial quantities we expect to receive, and the number of units that our stores will receive will be based on the quantity they pre-order. This is why you'll see, "Pre-order - Pick it up on release day," listed by the Store Pickup option on BestBuy.com, and the same is expected for in-store pre-orders as we expect to be able to fulfill these on release day. For any pre-orders where customers choose ship-to-home, fulfillment dates will depend on the chosen method of shipping.

How long will my order be held if I ordered for in-store pick up through BestBuy.com or placed my pre-order in store?

A: We have standard times that stores will hold these types of orders.

• BestBuy.com In-Store Pick Up: Once the product is indicated as available for pick up, we'll hold your items at the store for 8 days. If you don't pick up your items by then, we'll cancel the order and refund your method of payment.
  • In-Store Pre-Orders: These orders will be held for 5 days. If they are not picked up within that timeframe, the products will be available to be sold to other customers.
I pre-ordered for pick up at a store that is having a midnight opening. Do I have to be there at midnight on launch day to pick up my console?

A: No. Pre-orders will be held for specific timeframes based off of where your order was placed (In Store or on BestBuy.com). See Q4 for additional details.

Based on that information I feel decent that for those of us that were there the first couple of days after the announcement will in fact get our systems day one UNLESS Sony craps the bed and the supply is terrible for everyone... Just my $0.02...
To be fair though, that is basically what bestkeeper was saying. He was saying they have a system in place that says where you ordered. Obviously you're going to have an odd store or two that is terrible, but if Sony gave the go ahead to allow them to take all these preorders, I have to imagine they'll have a decent supply. Enough to fill every last one of them? Probably not. The people that ordered in June/July are probably safe in my opinion.

I'm not even upset about the Watch Dogs delay (way more upset about the crew tbh). I wanted AC4 and I can just swap out Watch Dogs at launch with Knack. This will work out best for everyone involved I think. Watch Dogs has been getting a lot of sour press in relation to GTA V so kicking it back isn't a bad choice.

Best case to me is Amazon just knocking the $60 off the price and sending the console only.   I'm not really into the other few bundles they're offering.

My assumption is that this isn't a "bundle" in the classic sense, where it's a special box with pack-in game.  If that's the case, and it's just the system and the game packed separately, our pre-orders shouldn't be in danger.

If you dont find one I'll see you one of my preorders for 600 plus shipping.
I really, really hope you're kidding. Given the website that we're on, that would just be far too ironic otherwise.

Sure you did. Lol. Why do people use promotions to get attention from strangers? If a normal person wins something like this they don't hurry up and tell strangers. Lol
This is a terribly douche-y response. It's not exactly weird to brag about winning a $400 item, is it?

Watch Dogs being delayed doesn't make me regret getting the Battlefield 4 bundle now. Victory!

Now I can enjoy BF4 for a little while with no remorse, then get sick of it just in time for Watch Dogs/whatever else comes out in the Spring.

https://twitter.com/kazhiraiceo/status/390162208493412352

lolol

good news is looks like pepole will get the system but without game
Thanks! That twitter account is hilarious!!!

Quick samples:

You can play on a PS4 through an XBOX ONE via the HDMI input. Microsoft has finally found a way to turn XBOX ONE into a great game console!

Microsoft say that the XBOX ONE is not designed to be used vertically. Or horizontally. Or diagonally. Or at all.

Microsoft owns the URL XBONE .com, based on the derogatory name for XBOX ONE. They also own Bing .com, based on the derogatory name for Bing

wow .. seriously..

my one launch game that i had preordered and looking forward too on ps4 was delayed... fuck  I seriously don't care for any other launch titles as I mostly have everything preordered on Xbox.

Hopefully Amazon will just move those who have the Watch Dogs Bundle preordered to a standalone Launch System. I doubt they will force the choice of a different game. I was thinking about canceling my Watch Dogs Bundle for the DS4 Bundle anyways. I would gladly just take the system and pick up a controller down the road (I don't think any launch title has a 2 player option anyways).

bread's done
Back