PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Don't really think they were rushed. No launch system has really had an impressive launch.

I would say 360 had a better launch line up then either system this time same can be said about ps3. This launch has a lot of great games but problem is those games are also on systems people already have so most people will say why should I spend 400/500 dollers when I can just spend 60 on game to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
)(&*%()*) Just found out Amazon cancelled my ps4 preorder made the first day they offered preorders. My default credit card was expired on there from the end of June, never noticed since I generally use my oodles of Amazon credit. Evidently they sent me out an email first of August, and cancelled within 48 hours. SInce the email heading was nothing about a (&^%ing cancellation I assumed at the time it was just more spam from them, which you get when you have a trillion orders. Dispatched a probably futile message to CS. Everything I can find they dont charge until up to 10 days before shipping so this blows my mind this could happen. Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit: From the OP:

AMAZON - Free Shipping. You will not be charged until your console ships.

Wth.
Dude, that sucks. But having a current card on file is pretty much policy anywhere online - especially when it comes to pre-orders regardless of when they will be fulfilled, isn't it? Unfortunately since it was back in August I'd imagine that as awesome as Amazon's CS usually is it would be hard for them to do anything about it.

Dude, that sucks. But having a current card on file is pretty much policy anywhere online - especially when it comes to pre-orders regardless of when they will be fulfilled, isn't it? Unfortunately since it was back in August I'd imagine that as awesome as Amazon's CS usually is it would be hard for them to do anything about it.
I talked to CS. Having a valid card on file wasnt the problem, I have 4 or 5 payment forms on file. Just the one that was marked as default expired at the end of June, and they reduced the price to $399.95 in July and reauthorized that card. According to the email, they are supposed to try the other payment methods but for whatever reason they did not. Talked to a supervisor and they can do nothing other than pay for shipping from another seller, which all have $700+ prices to boot. I still have a preorder at gamestop, but would rather save paying tax through amz and convert that $100 to a controller/games.

I am a huge amazon fan, so I expect more from them than other retailers. If this was walmart or best buy or gamestop I would never have even wasted my time calling as that is par for the course from them. Amazon is normally a cut above the rest, but there are several solutions that they could have offered me, wait list for someone else to cancel, an option to pay it off at the initial preorder date, a phone call to say hey we are going to cancel your preorder, etc. And it is not like their email correspondence was great, they sent a half dozen "Playstation 4 Order" emails prior to the cancellation notice ones (also marked Playstation 4 Order), all of which was little things like "Order an extra controller!" or "There has been confusion about standard vs. launch day editions, you have ordered the launch day edition." I just see no reason to authorize/reauthorize at random intervals like a 4 cent price drop and not follow up with the customer.

Some google fu shows that some had their orders cancelled in September for a variety of amz screwups, and 10 days ago they were having their orders reinstated. Again, what the hell Amazon.

PS Vita? Really?

Only great launches for me were Dreamcast, PS2, and SNES. Granted I wasn't alive yet for the SNES launch, the selection sounded good.
yeah it had 25 games which included:

Escape Plan
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Super StarDust Delta
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer
Plants vs. Zombies
Rayman Origins
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

among others. Thats a pretty solid lineup of decent games to launch with. There was more than enough games to satisfy a person who bought a Vita on day one as it was not only large but diverse with its selection

I would say 360 had a better launch line up then either system this time same can be said about ps3. This launch has a lot of great games but problem is those games are also on systems people already have so most people will say why should I spend 400/500 dollers when I can just spend 60 on game to play it.
You sure about that?

Xbox 360-

Amped 3
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
Gun
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
PS3-
Call of Duty 3
Genji: Days of the Blade
Madden NFL 07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

NBA 07
NBA 2K7

Need for Speed: Carbon
NHL 2K7
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk's Project 8

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Titles in bold were exclusives to the system.

yeah it had 25 games which included:

among others. Thats a pretty solid lineup of decent games to launch with. There was more than enough games to satisfy a person who bought a Vita on day one as it was not only large but diverse with its selection
Wow. I really didn't know it had all those games. A lot better than 3DS's launch, that's for sure. LOL

I was planning on getting Watch Dogs along with my Killzone PS4 bundle, but Watch Dogs has been delayed.  I would like to get another game, but Im not sure what I should get.  Should I just get another $60 AAA game, or get something like a $50 playstation card and pick up some digital games.  Any suggestions?

I was planning on getting Watch Dogs along with my Killzone PS4 bundle, but Watch Dogs has been delayed. I would like to get another game, but Im not sure what I should get. Should I just get another $60 AAA game, or get something like a $50 playstation card and pick up some digital games. Any suggestions?
Go digital, lots of good indies and sequels available.

I was planning on getting Watch Dogs along with my Killzone PS4 bundle, but Watch Dogs has been delayed. I would like to get another game, but Im not sure what I should get. Should I just get another $60 AAA game, or get something like a $50 playstation card and pick up some digital games. Any suggestions?
save it for a future release

Looks like i'll be 'gameflyin' a game or two  for launch as I've already ordered all the launch games i wanted on XBox.

Watch Dogs delay is a big launch lineup loss for both platforms.

Yeah Kotaku is running with the rumor now. They even said Sony has pulled Drive Club from a press event today and won't comment on the rumor.
It's a pretty big deal considering how much they have hyped that title for launch. I guarantee something big will be done for PS+ to make up for the loss of the PS+ edition of Drive Club. I'm pretty disappointed. I would have bought that.

If I was concerned with a strong launch lineup I'd go more with the Xbox One. I just have a lot of concerns to the overall quality of the system to buy a One at launch. I'm one of the ones that will get both systems, just not right away. I really want a PS4 but it's looking now like AC4 and then a long wait until Watch Dogs and Infamous.

If I was concerned with a strong launch lineup I'd go more with the Xbox One. I just have a lot of concerns to the overall quality of the system to buy a One at launch. I'm one of the ones that will get both systems, just not right away. I really want a PS4 but it's looking now like AC4 and then a long wait until Watch Dogs and Infamous.
The Xbox One will be the PS3 for me. I didn't get either at launch and waited about 2 years later to buy when it was cheaper.

To me it's not even close. Sony has way more RPGs and even exclusives like The Witcher will be on PS4 now. It makes PS4 a no-brainer. Combine that with a more powerful system and $100 cheaper, then it's an easy call IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch the Xbox One with a 15 foot pole at launch. The Drive Club delay sucks, but just like with Watch Dogs I was never really that interested in it to begin with. Im still rollin' with KZ and BF4 as my launch titles. I wonder which game will replace it for ps+, Knack maybe? I'd be down for that.

I'm partially doing it just to say I had one at launch... it was the same way with Xbox 360... I got it near launch during the shortage and take pride in knowing I had it from the beginning.  My gamerscore isn't amazing, but it is high from having it near day one.  I am super excited to have a Sony Console at launch since they priced me out of getting one at the ps3's launch.  Yea the titles aren't great, but I am getting it for the features, including the remote play with my vita.

I also know that the launch may be stale, but I know the ps4 will beat the Xbox in terms of titles throughout the next few years...  Xbox fans can state we have a better launch lineup, but that is only one day, over the next year, the PS4 will have the better games and the Xbox will go through a period like the Vita.  Vita's launch was excellent, and then nothing... Ps4's launch will be bare, but then we have several months to look forward to.  What does the Xbox have to look forward to?  Titanfall?  That is about it!

PS4 has

Infamous, Watch Dogs (ps4 extras), Sony Santa Monica's game, War Thunder, Naughty Dog's game, Day Z, dynasty warriors, the Order, deep down, destiny, kingdom hearts 3, outlast, planetside 2, the crew, mlb the show, injustice...

(I know some aren't ps4 exclusives, some just wont come to xbox one)

Xbox has announced

Crimson Dragon, D4, Dead Rising 3, Forza, Halo, Killer Instinct (Would take Injustice over a pay as yu go game), Kinect Sports, Ryse, Sunset overdrive, and titanfall...

I mean seriously?  Now some may be on other systems, and some I may have gotten wrong info on as far as exclusivity, but the games I listed are for sure coming to ps4, not to mention a bunch of Japenese titles that haven't been announced for the West that won't be on Xbox One...

I am fine with my launch purchase and will be even happier as time goes on, better than instant gratification for xbox purchasers.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch the Xbox One with a 15 foot pole at launch. The Drive Club delay sucks, but just like with Watch Dogs I was never really that interested in it to begin with. Im still rollin' with KZ and BF4 as my launch titles. I wonder which game will replace it for ps+, Knack maybe? I'd be down for that.
I hope it is Knack. Looks really original.

You missed some Xbox One games.
Kingdom Hearts 3 and The Crew are also coming to Xbox zone. Black Tusks new IP and Fable Legends were also announced

Sony you missed Rime, Shadow of the Beasts and Everybody's gone to the Rapture coming to PS4

I'm sure MS will also announce more games. They have been hinting at Crackdown 3 since the reveal.

Are you kidding me!! They delayed Drive Club also??

This makes me want to cancel my PS4 pre-order, and just put it all on my X1. Jesus.

Looks like I might be waiting until Black Friday to buy a single game.

And isn't Deep Down PS4?

Are you kidding me!! They delayed Drive Club also??

This makes me want to cancel my PS4 pre-order, and just put it all on my X1. Jesus.

Looks like I might be waiting until Black Friday to buy a single game.

And isn't Deep Down PS4?
I believe DriveClub delay is a rumor right now, but looking plausible.

Nice, Amazon just sent me an email about changing my Watch Dogs bundle over to just a plain launch edition. Also checked my Amazon account and they updated it on the site also. Only downside is that they used up the Amazon credit I had sitting on my account. But its fine was going to use it for my preorder eventually or an extra DS4.

My Watch Dogs Bundle was updated to a Launch Edition. However, they did not refund the credit back to my account (I had it all paid off via amazon credit). The total shows a negative amount instead of a $0.00 balance. Guess they are going to hold it hostage until the item ships?

It's still glitchy though. I don't think they've updated it. My local kiosk is at "Weather Forecast Cape Cod".
They did not update it. No Kiosks within 100 miles for me.

Also I sure hope Drive Club doesn't get delayed. Just so the fact I can see what a PS4 game looks like. I am getting Injustice but no clue if that will be optimized for PS4 graphics wise.

It's still glitchy though. I don't think they've updated it. My local kiosk is at "Weather Forecast Cape Cod".
I think there are only 2 or 3 kiosks in the entire U.S. right now, all in California. If you're seeing a marker with the letter "A" on it, that's the centroid of the zip code you entered, not an actual kiosk. It's a bit confusing. An actual kiosk will be dark blue and marked with the PlayStation logo.

To see an example, enter some California zip code (I used 90210, heh) and a 100 mile radius, then zoom out.

My Watch Dogs Bundle was updated to a Launch Edition. However, they did not refund the credit back to my account (I had it all paid off via amazon credit). The total shows a negative amount instead of a $0.00 balance. Guess they are going to hold it hostage until the item ships?
same thing happened to me, my balance shows -$61 though, payed it all off with amazon gift cards as well. Contacted amazon via chat and they confirmed that I will still be getting the PS4 at launch but without the game (obviously) and that they would refund the money directly into my gift card balance in my account.

same thing happened to me, my balance shows -$61 though, payed it all off with amazon gift cards as well. Contacted amazon via chat and they confirmed that I will still be getting the PS4 at launch but without the game (obviously) and that they would refund the money directly into my gift card balance in my account.
That's what I figured. I am a bit hesitant on getting the credit applied back into my account prior to launch. I feel that they would somehow screw it up and cancel the order. I will just hang tight and wait for Nov 15 to come around to get the credit back. I'll just keep a watchful eye on my balance to make sure it gets applied properly.

That's what I figured. I am a bit hesitant on getting the credit applied back into my account prior to launch. I feel that they would somehow screw it up and cancel the order. I will just hang tight and wait for Nov 15 to come around to get the credit back. I'll just keep a watchful eye on my balance to make sure it gets applied properly.
This is exactly what an Amazon representative just suggested that I do. Wait it out.

The plan for most stores is to ship your PS4's right off the bat if you got a Watch Dogs bundle and then ship Watch Dogs automatically when it comes out. So you'll still be getting the Watch Dogs bundle, just the bundled game several months later.

The plan for most stores is to ship your PS4's right off the bat if you got a Watch Dogs bundle and then ship Watch Dogs automatically when it comes out. So you'll still be getting the Watch Dogs bundle, just the bundled game several months later.
Amazon (NA) is switching all Watch Dogs Bundle's to Launch Edition's. They lowered the price to $399.96 and refunded the difference back. So [at least for Amazon NA] the Watch Dogs Bundle no longer exists.

I had something like this happen to me a year or two ago with an Amazon order/bundle. You should be able to choose the "Apply balance to your order" Amazon store-credit option when you click on the actual order number. The negative balance from the order should then revert back to your Amazon credit balance, in effect collecting that leftover credit on the order. Might be worth a try...

Traded in almost $200 worth of old games today, finally got my PS4 paid in full (only owed like $70ish). Was able to fully pay off Battlefield 4 and since Watch Dogs date was moved I had them put my $5 deposit on AC 4 and then ended up having it almost paid off as well (owe like $10-$15). Looking to get Killzone at Best Buy possibly with my $25 reward certificate (or perhaps another accessory like an extra controller).

Well I paid off my PS4 on Amazon! :)  Now I'm planning on buying Madden 25 on Amazon for the Ultimate team packs they are offering, and then FIFA 14 at BEst Buy to get the $10 reward cert.  After todays trailer I think I am going to bite on NBA 2k14 and might as well do Best Buy to get the $10 as well! :)

Less than a month away!!!  I don't know how I will be able to work at all on that Friday in anticipation of getting home and seeing that package on my door step! :)

bread's done
Back