PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Well I paid off my PS4 on Amazon! :) Now I'm planning on buying Madden 25 on Amazon for the Ultimate team packs they are offering, and then FIFA 14 at BEst Buy to get the $10 reward cert. After todays trailer I think I am going to bite on NBA 2k14 and might as well do Best Buy to get the $10 as well! :)

Less than a month away!!! I don't know how I will be able to work at all on that Friday in anticipation of getting home and seeing that package on my door step! :)
I'm a bit gunshy on FIFA honestly. The next gen stuff we've seen from EA Sports has been pretty wretched. I'm definitely in on NBA2K14 and I'm waiting to see if the Driveclub delay is real before pulling the trigger on either Knack or Killzone. I know I'm definitely getting NBA2K14 and AC4 at this point but I want to see how things play out before preordering anything else.

Im at college, ive been going back and forth about going through with my PS4 preorder at bestbuy. Well today I got a text from my parents telling me I got a $200 check in the mail for Sunday Time working. 

No doubt im getting the PS4 now!

The Sony Store in Costa Mesa, Ca is the only PS4 location in all of southern California. The Sony store in Palo Alto, Ca is the only location in northern California

I'm a bit gunshy on FIFA honestly. The next gen stuff we've seen from EA Sports has been pretty wretched. I'm definitely in on NBA2K14 and I'm waiting to see if the Driveclub delay is real before pulling the trigger on either Knack or Killzone. I know I'm definitely getting NBA2K14 and AC4 at this point but I want to see how things play out before preordering anything else.
I believe FIFA will be included in the ps4 kiosk. Hopefully they'll be coming to a target or gamestop nearby soon

Wow, 2K14 looks dramatically better on PS4 (as it should) compared to Xbox 360. 2K14 on 360 almost looks like a step backwards this year...

Yeah, I expected some kind of PS+ replacement. But Sony can't expect people to just willingily accept that without disappointment. Swapping a next-gen exclusive title for an indie.

Are you kidding me!! They delayed Drive Club also??

This makes me want to cancel my PS4 pre-order, and just put it all on my X1. Jesus.

Looks like I might be waiting until Black Friday to buy a single game.

And isn't Deep Down PS4?
Deep Down looked so promising until they revealed the gameplay. It went from hero to zero in 30s.

And yeah, I might stop by GS soon and just cancel my pre-order since there's absolutely nothing I want now from PS4 until next year. I can do without the same old Assassin's Creed with prettier graphics and stale gameplay at a premium of $460.

Im not a driving game fan, but was excited to play a full ps4 game from ps+ day one. swapping it out for what looks like an indy title is disappointing. Was hoping it would be Knack but i guess that was just wishful thinking

gamestop's black Friday add was just posted on bfads net  I noticed both the ps4 and xbox one are in the add  which states limited quanties on both and to check your local store for availability, this maybe a good thing for those who did not pre order the systems.  Hopefully they will have some available since it is in the add. I should noted as stated on bfads this is probably not the finalized add since both watchdogs and driveclub are both in the add and were recently delayed

I'm very content with my PS4 preorder and Killzone. I'll pick up Call of Duty and Battlefield once I find a sale online. But you have to remember, resogun comes free at launch for PS plus subscibers. Now you also get Contrast for free. That means I'll have Killzone, Resogun, Contrast, Playroom and the free to play games on launch day. That is alot of gaming for most anyone.

While on the topic of the GameStop Black Friday Ad, PSN+ 1 year subscriptions are going to be on sale for 30 bucks. Of course this could change since the ad needs a reprint (because of Watch Dogs + Drive Club). But yeah pretty good price just a heads up to you guys.

No one mentioned in here of the GS ad as far as PS4, BF4 for $40!  The PS3 is 29.99, then only $10 to upgrade, for less then a month after release, a game like that for $40 is pretty good! no need to buy at launch.

While on the topic of the GameStop Black Friday Ad, PSN+ 1 year subscriptions are going to be on sale for 30 bucks. Of course this could change since the ad needs a reprint (because of Watch Dogs + Drive Club). But yeah pretty good price just a heads up to you guys.
Yeah, I was impressed by that. I just bought a 1-year card for $35 (Best Buy promo + RZ coupon) but would get another one from GS if they're $30.

Yeah, I was impressed by that. I just bought a 1-year card for $35 (Best Buy promo + RZ coupon) but would get another one from GS if they're $30.
Why stop at one? Get get like 6, enough to cover you the whole life of the ps4.

Required for online mutli and free games. 180 to cover you for a long time. Easily cover the cost in the first year with the games you get at no extra cost.

You will not see the sub at this price again I bet, i full expect it to go up to the same as the live sub (59.99) and that a deal on it in the future will be 40 at best. Rarely saw ps+ subs on sale until recently and then its only been BB for 40 before this deal at GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
plz tell more other stores will have better bf ads then gamestop only good thing in that add is the 30 bucks of psn. even bf4 at 40 bucks for next gen is nothing special seeing those bf gams drop in price pretty fast.

JUST GOT MY PS4 CANCELED at target !! FU TARGET FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DriveClub pack
That's shit. They shouldn't just cancel it because you got a bundle. It's not like they were actually bundles and all of a sudden they aren't going to have that PS4 in stock now.

JUST GOT MY PS4 CANCELED at target !! FU TARGET FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DriveClub pack
I would call them asap and see what you can do about it. Or go to twitter and kick up a stink. Neogaf is already talking about it so if enough people bomb them on social media about it, they'll likely reach out and try to help you out.

plz tell more other stores will have better bf ads then gamestop only good thing in that add is the 30 bucks of psn. even bf4 at 40 bucks for next gen is nothing special seeing those bf gams drop in price pretty fast.
I don't think that BF4 deal is great either. I imagine the PS4 copy will hold its value much better than the PS3 version. Might as well pay a little more now and get a PS4 disc and not have to deal with a digital copy. Not sure if it's true, but someone in that GS ad thread said it was a 50GB download.

I don't think that BF4 deal is great either. I imagine the PS4 copy will hold its value much better than the PS3 version. Might as well pay a little more now and get a PS4 disc and not have to deal with a digital copy. Not sure if it's true, but someone in that GS ad thread said it was a 50GB download.
no way it's 50 gb lol maybe 5 gb yes but 50 no lol bf3 on pc is like a 8 gb download. i doudt alot of x1 an ps4 games will be giant digital downloads like ps3 games were seeing is htat reason why ps3 games were so massive installs was to help the game run better an look better with the little system resources ps3 had which should not be case on next gen.

Just switched my payment to a new card and changed my shipping address on my launch edition PS4 pre-order on amazon without any sort of hiccup. So either I just got lucky or they fixed it, if anybody was reluctantly thinking about changing they're payment type.

no way it's 50 gb lol maybe 5 gb yes but 50 no lol bf3 on pc is like a 8 gb download. i doudt alot of x1 an ps4 games will be giant digital downloads like ps3 games were seeing is htat reason why ps3 games were so massive installs was to help the game run better an look better with the little system resources ps3 had which should not be case on next gen.
How is it surprising that games might be as large digitally as their physical counterparts? As we get into the next gen it is common sense to expect games to increase in size, not decrease. To say its lol to be 50 gigs but more likely 5 gigs would be like expecting cd and DVD based media games to be confined to 12 and 24 MB like SNES carts.

How is it surprising that games might be as large digitally as their physical counterparts? As we get into the next gen it is common sense to expect games to increase in size, not decrease. To say its lol to be 50 gigs but more likely 5 gigs would be like expecting cd and DVD based media games to be confined to 12 and 24 MB like SNES carts.
Battlefield 3 was like 18 gb, so that is well over twice / almost three times the size. Also they typically compress digital versions when compared to physical versions. At least, I recall that being the case for the Vita.

Uncharted 3 [just the single player] on PSN is a 40gb download and some of you can't believe next-gen titles will be 50gb? Seriously?

EDIT: And as someone above me said Killzone: SF has been confirmed for 50gb at the very least.

Battlefield 3 was like 18 gb, so that is well over twice / almost three times the size. Also they typically compress digital versions when compared to physical versions. At least, I recall that being the case for the Vita.
BF3 was over three times the size someone stated as a probability, and it released years ago. The new one should be bigger. Even compressed for download (it should still uncompress for installation) I can't see how it lends credence to lol 5 gb maybe lolol. I'm not saying its 50 gigs, because I don't know, but there shouldn't be any question that full next gen titles should be big. Since 5 gb hasn't been big for a game for a long time, I'm much more inclined to believe the 50gb figure.

BF3 was over three times the size someone stated as a probability, and it released years ago. The new one should be bigger. Even compressed for download (it should still uncompress for installation) I can't see how it lends credence to lol 5 gb maybe lolol. I'm not saying its 50 gigs, because I don't know, but there shouldn't be any question that full next gen titles should be big. Since 5 gb hasn't been big for a game for a long time, I'm much more inclined to believe the 50gb figure.
I think you're overestimating some things...

Rayman Origins - 1.5 gb

Rayman Origins Vita - 932 mb

Rayman Legends - 2.1 gb

Rayman Legends Vita - 1001 mb

Rayman Legends Wii U - Said to require 7 gb to install, so it should be 3.5 gb, but too lazy to pop on my Wii U to verify.

Anyway, I only use Rayman Legends as an example, since Legends is bigger, longer, contains a good percent of Origins, and still the file size only went up 600 mb (69 mb on the PSV...).

If you don't like this example, then...

Killzone 3 - 41.5 gb

Killzone Shadow Fall - Around 50 gb

Not exactly a huge jump between the two, despite having close to a 2 year gap.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Target is CANCELING Watchdogs and Driveclub bundles outright. They are not honoring these ps4 pre-orders. Every item in the bundle is being cancelled. They must be canceling xbone Watchdogs bundles as well.

In contrast, bundled pre-orders with Amazon and Gamestop are safe. They are honoring the ps4 pre-orders and will ship/sell the games in 2014.

Screengrab taken from Reddit:

XftEXOo.jpg

Perhaps Cheapy D or the mods should make a stickied thread so that cags can discuss any legal recourse.

I think you're overestimating some things...

Rayman Origins - 1.5 gb

Rayman Origins Vita - 932 mb

Rayman Legends - 2.1 gb

Rayman Legends Vita - 1001 mb

Rayman Legends Wii U - Said to require 7 gb to install, so it should be 3.5 gb, but too lazy to pop on my Wii U to verify.

Anyway, I only use Rayman Legends as an example, since Legends is bigger, longer, contains a good percent of Origins, and still the file size only went up 600 mb (69 mb on the PSV...).

If you don't like this example, then...

Killzone 3 - 41.5 gb

Killzone Shadow Fall - Around 50 gb

Not exactly a huge jump between the two, despite having close to a 2 year gap.
I don't disagree with your examples, but they're kind of in the favor of my point. The last BF game was 18 GB. Games tend to get bigger, as time goes on, not smaller. New more powerful hardware wouldn't give us smaller games unless they were attempting to keep games at the same point they were years ago. Since that's typically not the case, we can assume that the BF4 will be bigger than 18 GB. 50 is bigger than 18, while the 5GB that was stated earlier seems to be a laughable guess at the potential size. Maybe it will be smaller than 50, but I'm saying that no one should be expecting it to be smaller than the previous entry.

I don't disagree with your examples, but they're kind of in the favor of my point. The last BF game was 18 GB. Games tend to get bigger, as time goes on, not smaller. New more powerful hardware wouldn't give us smaller games unless they were attempting to keep games at the same point they were years ago. Since that's typically not the case, we can assume that the BF4 will be bigger than 18 GB. 50 is bigger than 18, while the 5GB that was stated earlier seems to be a laughable guess at the potential size. Maybe it will be smaller than 50, but I'm saying that no one should be expecting it to be smaller than the previous entry.
This.

Textures are higher res on the new gen stuff, therefore the size will be bigger. Its like have a 5mp image vs 16mp image, the data of the 16mp image takes up more space thus a larger file size.

Games will only get bigger from the increase in performance of the new consoles.

Its science.

The Battlefield 4 file size will be huge but I'm buying the ps3 version for $30 @ Gamestop on Black Friday anyway. Then use the insert code to unlock the ps4 version for $10. This makes BF4 on ps4 for $40 the next gen game deal of the year!

Yeah, the Battlefield 4 file size will be huge but buying the ps3 version for $30 @ Gamestop on Black Friday will still be worth it. Then use the insert code to unlock the ps4 version for $10. This makes BF4 on ps4 for $40 the next gen game deal of the year!
Ehh not REALLY...

For 20 dollars more you can pre order it and get the FREE map pack that you get for pre order, you get to play it 2 weeks sooner, and you have a physical copy to trade in afterwards. Most like you can buy for 60 and trade in a couple of months later and still have only paid 40 for it or less.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Target is CANCELING Watchdogs and Driveclub bundles outright. They are not honoring these ps4 pre-orders. Every item in the bundle is being cancelled. They must be canceling xbone Watchdogs bundles as well.

In contrast, bundled pre-orders with Amazon and Gamestop are safe. They are honoring the ps4 pre-orders and will ship/sell the games in 2014.

Screengrab taken from Reddit:

XftEXOo.jpg

Perhaps Cheapy D or the mods should make a stickied thread so that cags can discuss any legal recourse.
YOUR ACCOUNT

You may be required to register with Target in order to access certain services or areas of the Site. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant to you the user name you request. Your user name and password are for your personal use only. If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. In addition to all other rights available to Target including those set forth in these Terms & Conditions, Target reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your account, refuse service to you, or cancel orders.

http://www.target.com/spot/terms-conditions

If you think you have any legal recourse I have some bad news for you.

YOUR ACCOUNT

You may be required to register with Target in order to access certain services or areas of the Site. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant to you the user name you request. Your user name and password are for your personal use only. If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. In addition to all other rights available to Target including those set forth in these Terms & Conditions, Target reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your account, refuse service to you, or cancel orders.

http://www.target.com/spot/terms-conditions
Aint that some shit.

Hurray for physical pre order card I got.

Just TRY and cancel my card target...you'll have to rip it out of my cold dead hands.

Legal recourse? Lolololololololol

The sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

Actually, they're fairly neutral. My point has always been that they will get larger (this goes without saying, seriously... what idiot would suggest games will get smaller?), but it will not be so dramatic that the game goes from 18 gb to 50 gb like some people seem to believe. My second example pretty much points out that Killzone 3 was already huge and the shift to next gen wasn't exactly this dramatic shift in size. Now, realistically Battlefield 4 might be 30 gb, but I will be stunned if it was 40+. Also on a similar / perhaps more relevant note, torrent sizes of The Last of Us seem to be 32.? gb, where as the PSN download size is said to be 26 gb. In either case, I don't want to bicker about file size. It's ALL speculation and guessing and it will be whatever it will be. Like I only used Rayman Legends as an example because people originally thought the invasion levels were removed due to size limitations on the Vita.

The Battlefield 4 file size will be huge but I'm buying the ps3 version for $30 @ Gamestop on Black Friday anyway. Then use the insert code to unlock the ps4 version for $10. This makes BF4 on ps4 for $40 the next gen game deal of the year!

Ehh not REALLY...

For 20 dollars more you can pre order it and get the FREE map pack that you get for pre order, you get to play it 2 weeks sooner, and you have a physical copy to trade in afterwards. Most like you can buy for 60 and trade in a couple of months later and still have only paid 40 for it or less.
The map pack is a pack in, so preorder is not required.

Pre-order and Get the China Rising Expansion Pack - Everywhere to run. Nowhere to hide. All pre-orders of Battlefield 4 will get China Rising, a free Premium Expansion Pack. Fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland in four massive maps, using all-new vehicles and high-tech military equipment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Code and instructions for redemption will be included in the product packaging. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

The map pack is a pack in, so preorder is not required.
Ahh didnt catch that part. So why is it called a pre order bonus then? Silly marketing.

Either way, my other points are still valid. Also does having that map pack on ps3 translate to ps4 when you digital upgrade?

bread's done
Back