PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

i got a question regarding select games for ps3 trade up to ps4 version, so for $9.99 , we are only getting digital version, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

you expect them to mail you a physical copy for $10?
lol, i expect them to allow me to trade for the ps4 physical copy in select retail stores like bestbuy, and gamestop similar to the xbox 360-xbone trade up process.

Why are people even using the live free games even remotely in comparison? Games for gold is a limited time promo that only lasts until the end of the year. It's not part of the service, it's a limited time promotion.

PS+ 'free games', as it stands, is tied to the service as a perk. A lot of the free games are less than a year or two old and not always ones people immediately played.

Comparing the two is like comparing apples to genetically engineered spiders.
Not anymore...

lol, i expect them to allow me to trade for the ps4 physical copy in select retail stores like bestbuy, and gamestop similar to the xbox 360-xbone trade up process.
Yeah it seems a little wonky that we get the Digital Version, but we still need the disc from the older platforms game. I'm not sure if the Xbox one had some exclusive deal with retailers for the trade in, or if Sony just wanted to do it this way.

Why are people even using the live free games even remotely in comparison? Games for gold is a limited time promo that only lasts until the end of the year. It's not part of the service, it's a limited time promotion.

PS+ 'free games', as it stands, is tied to the service as a perk. A lot of the free games are less than a year or two old and not always ones people immediately played.

Comparing the two is like comparing apples to genetically engineered spiders.
Aside from the fact that it is no longer limited time, I fail to see any logical reasoning why they shouldn't be compared.

It would be comparing apples to "genetically engineered spiders", if and only if LIVE offered some other drastically different service.

But: (1) both LIVE offers online play, which PS+ does for the next gen; (2) LIVE offers game discounts, which PS+ does; (3) LIVE offers free games, which PS+ does. General consensus is that XBOX wins for item (1), which I do not know since I never play MP; PS+ excels, perhaps arguably, in item (2), since I buy games from both markets during massive discounts; but PS+ definitely is superior in item (3).

Yeah it seems a little wonky that we get the Digital Version, but we still need the disc from the older platforms game. I'm not sure if the Xbox one had some exclusive deal with retailers for the trade in, or if Sony just wanted to do it this way.
the main reason i want digital, is i plan to trade my game in, with the digital version i cannot. if the digital version is my only choice for ps4,i am just going to wait for a price drop on the ps3 version, or the ps4(if it happens eventually).

ms has never really focused on rpg's which i don't think they need to do that seeing most people if thye want to play rpg they get it for ninendo or sony system anyways.
Huh? Where were you at the beginning of this gen?

Off the top of my head: Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Last Remnant were all early-gen exclusives designed to bring RPG fans to the 360.

Off the top of my head: Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Last Remnant were all early-gen exclusives designed to bring RPG fans to the 360.
that was what 7 years ago? when i play rps it's either 3ds or ps3 no questions asked.

Exactly. 2008 & 2009 the 360 was the only choice for RPGs. Then, for some reason, they just stopped. Also, don't forget Eternal Sonata, which didn't show up on ps3 until about a year later, and Phantasy Star Universe which had a fun single player and really good online aspects. There were also many lesser titles to hold RPG players over until the next release, like Kingdom Under Fire and Too Human. I'm not sure why, but after FF13 it just seemed like MS no longer valued the RPG player's business. Other than The Witcher, I don't think I've even played a RPG similar title on Xbox since Final Fantasy 13.

Does amazon's email notification not work for preorders?

I'm signed up for all of the ps4 bundles, but didn't get any emails.

I'm partially doing it just to say I had one at launch... it was the same way with Xbox 360... I got it near launch during the shortage and take pride in knowing I had it from the beginning. My gamerscore isn't amazing, but it is high from having it near day one. I am super excited to have a Sony Console at launch since they priced me out of getting one at the ps3's launch. Yea the titles aren't great, but I am getting it for the features, including the remote play with my vita.

I also know that the launch may be stale, but I know the ps4 will beat the Xbox in terms of titles throughout the next few years... Xbox fans can state we have a better launch lineup, but that is only one day, over the next year, the PS4 will have the better games and the Xbox will go through a period like the Vita. Vita's launch was excellent, and then nothing... Ps4's launch will be bare, but then we have several months to look forward to. What does the Xbox have to look forward to? Titanfall? That is about it!

PS4 has

Infamous, Watch Dogs (ps4 extras), Sony Santa Monica's game, War Thunder, Naughty Dog's game, Day Z, dynasty warriors, the Order, deep down, destiny, kingdom hearts 3, outlast, planetside 2, the crew, mlb the show, injustice...
(I know some aren't ps4 exclusives, some just wont come to xbox one)

Xbox has announced

Crimson Dragon, D4, Dead Rising 3, Forza, Halo, Killer Instinct (Would take Injustice over a pay as yu go game), Kinect Sports, Ryse, Sunset overdrive, and titanfall...

I mean seriously? Now some may be on other systems, and some I may have gotten wrong info on as far as exclusivity, but the games I listed are for sure coming to ps4, not to mention a bunch of Japenese titles that haven't been announced for the West that won't be on Xbox One...

I am fine with my launch purchase and will be even happier as time goes on, better than instant gratification for xbox purchasers.

Do you seriously think anyone cares that you had it at launch?

How does Target work their console preorders? Chance they are opening them again on Friday and just want to know if they charge the full amount like Best Buy or not.

Missed the opportunity at Amazon, but I hope they get more soon. By the way, I like the new Playstation ad it says #4ThePlayers....sadly most players won't be getting it because many are just buying to sell

#4TheFlippers lol

Where is the best place to grab Injustice for PS4 so I get it before release date? Amazon does not have it yet and I want to make sure I have a copy before my PS4 comes in. Just so I have a game to make sure the PS4 is properly working.

Where is the best place to grab Injustice for PS4 so I get it before release date? Amazon does not have it yet and I want to make sure I have a copy before my PS4 comes in. Just so I have a game to make sure the PS4 is properly working.
Best Buy has preorders for it (as does Gamestop). I'd imagine that Gamestop preordered in store would be the most reliable to get it on time, but Best Buy online does show the release date as 11/12 (instead of 11/15) so you could just flip a coin.

Considering the total lack of info / screens / public displays / etc of Injustice PS4 I'm a bit worried that the date will slip (this seems like the kind of thing you'd totally want to show off if you were Netherrealm / WB), so you might want a backup plan.

I believe Target has opened preorders for PS4.

http://www.target.com/p/playstation-4-console-playstation-4/-/A-14485673#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=ps4

$399. I believe it's from the cancelled Watch Dogs bundles.
Wow, that is ODD. I went to the page an hour ago and I swear it was for the $399.99 PS4 released on 11/15/13. Now it's for random things.

I did order mine, and it went through and everything.

I did notice when I did a manual search, it would not appear under searches.

Sorry! Not sure what happened.

Wow, that is ODD. I went to the page an hour ago and I swear it was for the $399.99 PS4 released on 11/15/13. Now it's for random things.

I did order mine, and it went through and everything.

I did notice when I did a manual search, it would not appear under searches.

Sorry! Not sure what happened.
I hit refreash a couple of times, and it appeared. Added to cart, then said my cart was empty. Come on Target!

It's coming up as the PS4 for me, but when I select preorder, it goes to my cart and says my cart is empty. Does anybody know if Target charges your card right away, or when it ships?

My Target link is showing the red 3DS. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Im being honest when I say I was able to preorder one this morning. I am not sure what is happening with Target's website. Sorry again for any confusion.. let's hope their issues get resolved soon

I don't think anybody doubts that you ordered it. If you keep clicking on the link you provided, it eventually pulls up the PS4, but now when it comes up, it doesn't let us add it to the cart. 

Best Buy has preorders for it (as does Gamestop). I'd imagine that Gamestop preordered in store would be the most reliable to get it on time, but Best Buy online does show the release date as 11/12 (instead of 11/15) so you could just flip a coin.

Considering the total lack of info / screens / public displays / etc of Injustice PS4 I'm a bit worried that the date will slip (this seems like the kind of thing you'd totally want to show off if you were Netherrealm / WB), so you might want a backup plan.
Jesus. I sure hope not but your probably right. I mean if Injustice gets delayed, then I am going to almost have to pick up Ass Creed IV. Not that I have nothing against it, but I have all the other Ass Creed games in my backlog, lol.

I just ordered the BF4 bundle.

Same. It wasn't up 10 minutes ago, just showed up now. Tried about 10 times before it let me check out.Thing is I don't need PS+ at all, I still have a 12 month card unused. I'll cancel this if another bundles without PS+ pops up.

Killzone bundle is up now too. Now which one is best?

Same. It wasn't up 10 minutes ago, just showed up now. Tried about 10 times before it let me check out.Thing is I don't need PS+ at all, I still have a 12 month card unused. I'll cancel this if another bundles without PS+ pops up.

Killzone bundle is up now too. Now which one is best?
Same with me, I kept trying to order and right after I picked the shipping address it would say unavailable. If finally went through after a couple tries. I had BF4 preordered for the XBO, so I'll just cancel that. I'd like to get Killzone, but I can only play FPS with a legacy control option, and none of the Killzone games have offered that.

Same with me, I kept trying to order and right after I picked the shipping address it would say unavailable. If finally went through after a couple tries. I had BF4 preordered for the XBO, so I'll just cancel that. I'd like to get Killzone, but I can only play FPS with a legacy control option, and none of the Killzone games have offered that.

I'm not familiar with the control option. Could you elaborate?

Edit: The killzone bundle has that same error too, cannot checkout after picking your address. I'm tossed on what to do, I want a PS4 but have no care for bundling nor buying more years of PS+.

I'm not familiar with the control option. Could you elaborate?

Edit: The killzone bundle has that same error too, cannot checkout after picking your address. I'm tossed on what to do, I want a PS4 but have no care for bundling nor buying more years of PS+.
It uses the left stick to move and look/strafe with the right stick. It's what Goldeneye and Perfect Dark used on N64. Those were the first FPS I played and got used to that, I've tried to learn the other control schemes, but I just can't get used to them.

From amazon games on FB:

For a very limited time, the Battlefield 4 and Killzone PS4 bundles are available for pre-order. http://amzn.to/1cTlc0r
It would be helpful if Amazon actually stated on their website that the PS+ code is for a one year subscription (unless I'm blind and missed it). I had to zoom in on the picture to barely make out that it says 49.99 on the upper right corner and then infer that this is for one year...

I don't see a thread...I guess it is a good thing I didn't make a new one. Is it not under 'video game deals' because it is regular price?

bread's done
Back