PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

It looks like they've just matched MS on the digital policy. Fine for multiple consoles in a single household , but game sharing basically dead.

Was looking at pre ordering battlefield 4 on the psn store today and saw the verbage of the license and I'm beginning to think we wont be able to game share with a friend

For ps4 battlefield it says:

One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4 systems when signed in with purchasing account.

For ps3 battlefield it says:

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. This item has been sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account.

I know no one knokws for sure if we will be able to until we get the consoles.
This was already known, I believe. You can share a purchase between the home console and your account logged in elsewhere. Reads exactly as I understood it. You can't open share digital copies, but you can share a PSN account between two people, technically. If I'm not mistaken, that means you can both play multiplayer with the same purchased copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking at pre ordering battlefield 4 on the psn store today and saw the verbage of the license and I'm beginning to think we wont be able to game share with a friend

For ps4 battlefield it says:

One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4 systems when signed in with purchasing account.

For ps3 battlefield it says:

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. This item has been sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account.

I know no one knokws for sure if we will be able to until we get the consoles.
From my understanding licenses will work the same as on the Xbox 360. One for the PS4 that made the purchase and one for the login that the game was purchased on. This hasn't been confirmed but going to test this out once I get my PS4.

Then the big question is will you be able to log in more than one user at the same time like you can on Xbox. Because that's a way to let somebody else play the game on another console. They log in as player one. They log you in as player two and they can play the game whether you are playing or not. If it's more restrictive than that, then that sucks. Not like I'd have two PS4s any time soon (or even one), but eventually I would I'm sure and this would be a way for you kid to play some game that you bought, on the 2nd PS4.

Has anyone that pre-ordered at Amazon attempted to upgrade their shipping?  I previously chose Free Super Saver, but I just got Prime and would of course love to upgrade to Release Day.

Sony has confirmed on the PSN Store that Call of Duty Ghosts is 1080p on PS4, AC4 Black Flag will be 1080p + 3D on PS4, and Battlefield 4 is 1080p on PS4.

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/22/four-more-ps4-games-up-for-pre-order-in-the-usca-playstation-store-starting-today/
the question that still remains is is all those titles true 1080p ? for awhile now 360 and ps3 games have been saying 1080 p on them even if the systems just upscaled to 1080 p. it's just that if you compare the guts of ps4 to same the same level in a pc pcs with those specs have issues playing games at ultra at 60 fps with out frames droping to like 40 fps most of the time. i would be really impressed if ps4 can hold 1080 p 60 fps non stop.

From my understanding licenses will work the same as on the Xbox 360. One for the PS4 that made the purchase and one for the login that the game was purchased on. This hasn't been confirmed but going to test this out once I get my PS4.
Yes. Please let us know. I don't have a PS3, but I thought the way it worked now is that as long as the purchasing acct is on the console, even if it's not the logged in account, you can still play the game. And this works for up to a max of two consoles. That's what I gathered from the PS3 gamesharing threads on this site. I'm hoping this works on the PS4, too, because a friend and I are/were planning to gameshare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQvggeBG-KE

^Sony released a new ad today.

the question that still remains is is all those titles true 1080p ? for awhile now 360 and ps3 games have been saying 1080 p on them even if the systems just upscaled to 1080 p. it's just that if you compare the guts of ps4 to same the same level in a pc pcs with those specs have issues playing games at ultra at 60 fps with out frames droping to like 40 fps most of the time. i would be really impressed if ps4 can hold 1080 p 60 fps non stop.
This is what is holding me back from following through with my pre-order, no reason to get next Gen when I could just get a PC. Of course PS4 would be cheaper and I would have exclusives but 60fps on 1080p res is important to me :cry:

That's a really good Ad. Sony's new advertising Agency seems to be really working for them. They're making some really good commercials and pushing them out often, I keep seeing the other ones they've aired constantly on TV where as I still haven't seen any Xbox One ads going around.

That's a really good Ad. Sony's new advertising Agency seems to be really working for them. They're making some really good commercials and pushing them out often, I keep seeing the other ones they've aired constantly on TV where as I still haven't seen any Xbox One ads going around.
ms has never really did full out tv ads most the ones i see is for games like ghost is being showing with xbox one logo after and tons and tons of ads are on during sports mostly nfl and heck was at packer game on sunday and they showed tons of xbox one ads on video board.

someone will be getting in trouble if that is on shelf :/
I really don't see the problem with that. I mean not like you will be breaking street date of the PS4. It works on the PC so I see no reason not to put them out early.

Then again yeah someone is getting in trouble.

Let's hope they do the same for the games. There was barely any advertising support for the SCEA published PS3 games.

Best Buy states: 

"PlayStation 4 NOVEMBER 15 MIDNIGHT STORE OPENINGS

Find out which stores open at 12:01 a.m. to sell PS4 gaming systems on release date. Use the drop-down at the right to see stores that will hold midnight openings. Choose store pickup at one of the midnight opening locations when you pre-order to get your PS4 on release date."
-------------

Does this mean Best Buy is going to give out systems first come first served so that people who preordered last can end up taking systems from those who preordered months ago? 

Best Buy states:

"PlayStation 4 NOVEMBER 15 MIDNIGHT STORE OPENINGS

Find out which stores open at 12:01 a.m. to sell PS4 gaming systems on release date. Use the drop-down at the right to see stores that will hold midnight openings. Choose store pickup at one of the midnight opening locations when you pre-order to get your PS4 on release date."
-------------

Does this mean Best Buy is going to give out systems first come first served so that people who preordered last can end up taking systems from those who preordered months ago?
I think it's just poor wording. They are likely advertising that if you pre-order at a store that is doing a midnight opening, you would be able to pick it up at midnight (as opposed to 10am when then usually open).

A look back of the launch commercials for each system-
Sony obviously has had a very rocky and mostly miss record with advertising this generation but their recent TV ads have been phenomenal in my opinion.

This is one of my favorite video game ads ever. Having seen it a crazy amount of times and watching it just now it's still powerful and there's so many little details to catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czx65TWQA94

I also think this PS4 commercial is brilliant. If you know the system you get what they're showing but it really communicates the experience they're going for. It's a litlle weird if you're paying too much attention to the music but that's not the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0d9d-cdxhk

This is a UK ad in longer form but I still think it's brilliant and shows that Sony has a clear strategy this time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDNawl37Mo

Love those PS4 commercials can't wait for my PS4, I had plan to buy both system but will cancel my Xbox one purchase for a Year to see if MS will bring back DRM. I know it sounds weird but with all the rumors about MS gradually going to bring it back and also MS will plan a stage hack on there own servers to bring DRM back. But of course i know it is just rumors still......I just can't help feeling a little paranoid(MS has a lot to do to get back my thrust).

Love those PS4 commercials can't wait for my PS4, I had plan to buy both system but will cancel my Xbox one purchase for a Year to see if MS will bring back DRM. I know it sounds weird but with all the rumors about MS gradually going to bring it back and also MS will plan a stage hack on there own servers to bring DRM back. But of course i know it is just rumors still......I just can't help feeling a little paranoid(MS has a lot to do to get back my thrust).
What do I have to do to get a little thrust? ;)

What do I have to do to get a little thrust? ;)
One must become a masterthruster.

thrustmaster_th8_rs_1.jpg

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-wargame-gameplay

Here's the IGN COD: Ghosts PS4 1080p footage people have been talking about. Looks like current gen lol... How can the Xbox One not run this at 1080p???

is it pretty much expected that bestbuy/gamestop will only fufill preorders at the midnight launch? I couldn't decide which console to get so I've missed out on preordering. 

is it pretty much expected that bestbuy/gamestop will only fufill preorders at the midnight launch? I couldn't decide which console to get so I've missed out on preordering.
Same here but for me it was because I was thinking of getting them at a later date but my schedules cleared up so now I'm on the same boat.

is it pretty much expected that bestbuy/gamestop will only fufill preorders at the midnight launch? I couldn't decide which console to get so I've missed out on preordering.
I'm pretty sure midnight will be preorders only. Especially since, at my GS at least, they're having a special event the Saturday before launch to get everyone to come in & have everything paid off so they can just pick it up & go at the launch.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-wargame-gameplay

Here's the IGN COD: Ghosts PS4 1080p footage people have been talking about. Looks like current gen lol... How can the Xbox One not run this at 1080p???
Ughh. that doesnt look impressive at all.. definitely looks current gen.

Has anyone that pre-ordered at Amazon attempted to upgrade their shipping? I previously chose Free Super Saver, but I just got Prime and would of course love to upgrade to Release Day.
You can change your shipping to two days (free with Prime), and it will reflect the free shipping within a few minutes of the change ;)

Ughh. that doesnt look impressive at all.. definitely looks current gen.
That's what I'm worried about this year. I assume developers are focused on current gen and just making next gen games up converted versions, not built from scratch.

That's what I'm worried about this year. I assume developers are focused on current fen and just making next gen games up converted versions, not built from scratch.
That's sort of why the Xbox One has the more exciting launch because of titles like Ryse and Dead Rising 3. They may not be your bread and butter, but they were built only for Xbox One

That's sort of why the Xbox One has the more exciting launch because of titles like Ryse and Dead Rising 3. They may not be your bread and butter, but they were built only for Xbox One
Knack and Killzone were built for PS4.

On the topic of CoD, Battlefield 4 looks soooo much better; it truly looks next gen (or just the current gen version looks cruddy).

I've read before that Ghosts isn't using a new engine.  So the next gen version won't be a big upgrade except being true 1080p and supposedly 60fps.  Has Sony itself confirmed 60fps yet?  As Timbo said, running both will be what the hardcore gamers should care about. 

I've read before that Ghosts isn't using a new engine. So the next gen version won't be a big upgrade except being true 1080p and supposedly 60fps. Has Sony itself confirmed 60fps yet? As Timbo said, running both will be what the hardcore gamers should care about.
Aren't all CoD games 60fps on PS3 and Xbox? I know the Wii U dipped pretty bad on single player, but they even got that version to be a smooth 60fps in multi.

Anybody know when you get charged when you preorder a ps4 game off psn?
You will usually be charged for the product two days before the expected release date although this can vary. Please check your pre-order confirmation email for details.

If you do not have ‘Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content’ set up on your wallet, and don't have enough cash in your account on the expected Payment Date, we will send you an email informing you that you need to top-up your Sony Entertainment Network wallet to complete your pre-order. If you don't have enough money in your wallet and have Automatic Funding enabled, we will charge your credit card.

Taken from Sony's site about pre-ordering.

Aren't all CoD games 60fps on PS3 and Xbox? I know the Wii U dipped pretty bad on single player, but they even got that version to be a smooth 60fps in multi.
Yeah they are. I was a little skeptical about the first cross gen titles until I heard official reports. Glad to know the numbers look good now.

Knack and Killzone were built for PS4.

On the topic of CoD, Battlefield 4 looks soooo much better; it truly looks next gen (or just the current gen version looks cruddy).
bf runs at 30 fps on current gen so yeah it's just awful bf3 was so bad on 360 was one of the reasons i tossed some doe down for gaming pc . in my mind bf 4 is still a must to play on pc nothing beats mouse and keyboard on a game like bf.

I've read before that Ghosts isn't using a new engine. So the next gen version won't be a big upgrade except being true 1080p and supposedly 60fps. Has Sony itself confirmed 60fps yet? As Timbo said, running both will be what the hardcore gamers should care about.
according to iw it's a new engine i doudt its a built fully brand news seems like it's alot of old engine with new next gen stuff added. Thing is that the only diff from current gen to next gen is lighting and shadows everything else is the same on current gen and next gen like changing maps and new ai stuff.

I loaded a couple amazon gift cards to my ps4 bf4 bundle order. Now it shows my delivery estimate as 11/15, before it said they would be email at a later date. I guess its updated now.

Anyone know whether or not the target pre-orders are going to be online or in store? (the ones that they cancelled for drive club and watchdog bundles)

bread's done
Back