PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Oh Origin is so much better than Steam, I'm so glad I have to deal with it every day when I want to play Battlefield. :whee:

No PS+? You're doing it wrong then.

Five more hours and then hours of frustration when it doesn't work!!!

5ulrwg.jpg
i still remember the awful launch of sim city sucks i wasted 60 bucks on that gam and never play. Thanks to the small cities you play it for like 4 hours you pretty much done with the world lol.

Oh Origin is so much better than Steam, I'm so glad I have to deal with it every day when I want to play Battlefield. :whee:

No PS+? You're doing it wrong then.

Five more hours and then hours of frustration when it doesn't work!!!
Eldritch, i just want to clarify i have no issues with people "flipping". i am in no way saying i am a saint, because i b believe there is no difference between buying 1-2 of a certain game, and trading it in for profit, or buying 4+ copies, then trading it in profit, because you are potentially take away a game from a potential cag, or buyer who actually wants to play the game. i prefer my video games in physical, so i can trade them after i am done. SOrt of like the feeling of owning your own blockbuster,gamefly, rentals on games. that is why i am not interesting in ps plus+

I just got a text from Gamestop stating that my Killzone pre-order is available tomorrow. Perhaps PS4 games are also releasing early or is it just a glitch on GS's part?

when kinect and ps move were both announced i was more excited for ps move then i got a free starter set as a prize at release and over the live of that thing i was like meh. 

They brought back the Move. Controllers?
Yes, the same ones from the PS3 and that's why the controller has a light on it.

I don't really get why they didn't go that next step like Kinect since they added the second camera for depth perception. Then again that might be the difference in the price of the two cameras (following the assumption that the Xone would be $400 without the Kinect).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the same way, having 10 installed full games on my console will in no way really be a hindrance to me since I usually only focus on 1 or 2 games at a time between my WoW raiding and other interests. I mean its not like you uninstall the game and its suddenly gone forever, if you get the urge just uninstall a game you have not played in the last 10 weeks and reinstall a old game.

I really don;t think the install process is going to be a big pain either, I am fairly sure they will be using the chapterdized install method so that you can start playing pretty quickly while the rest of the game installs / downloads.
I just hope its not like the Vita where if you uninstall the game your saved game data is deleted aswell.

I just hope its not like the Vita where if you uninstall the game your saved game data is deleted aswell.
Unless they're incredibly stupid I doubt it would. It's honestly amazing they haven't changed that on the Vita yet but it's one of those things that would probably take a huge rework of the OS and update to every title to change.

Who gives a shit about the camera? If I wanted that shit Id have bought a xbone. 

Kinect was a joke, move was a joke, wii was a joke. 

An actual controller is all I need. :)

I still don't want to ever be forced into motion or touch screen controls but I'm OK with both being available if they're done well.
Where as i dont want to be forced to pay for motion controls I dont want. I know some people like them and use them, but I dont want to be forced to pay for something I wont use.

Where as i dont want to be forced to pay for motion controls I dont want. I know some people like them and use them, but I dont want to be forced to pay for something I wont use.
Then you wont be getting an Xbox One lol. Microsoft has already confirmed they wont be selling a bundle without the Kinect. Your gonna have to wait for a price drop.

I still don't want to ever be forced into motion or touch screen controls but I'm OK with both being available if they're done well.
I don't expect the PS4 camera to sell well, which will probably make the good content limited. Xbox One content creators have the benefit of a Kinect with every system, so anyone can experience their content without having to buy a $60 accessory. I will say at least it's more reasonable than the $150 price the Kinect launched at.

Unboxing videos are ridiculously stupid.
They are... unless you are looking for

• If a game comes with a manual
  • Digital code for cross buy
  • Check the quality of limited / collector's editon items
  • Seeing if a pack (Sega Fun Pack, Capcom Triple Pack, PSP Dual Packs, etc.) come with the games on different disk or one disk.
  • See if there is an online pass or if multiplayer is on the disk
It's even worst for stuff that isn't games.

But apart from that it's stupid.

diff with kinct and ps cam is that kinect is a awsome tool for non gaming stuff and looks like 2.0 will be even better with non gaming stuff. I'm a person that does enjoy the on gaming stuff ms systems do offer. The aps on 360 are better i think then ps3 and even the apps that are on my smart tv.

diff with kinct and ps cam is that kinect is a awsome tool for non gaming stuff and looks like 2.0 will be even better with non gaming stuff. I'm a person that does enjoy the on gaming stuff ms systems do offer. The aps on 360 are better i think then ps3 and even the apps that are on my smart tv.
^ :rofl:

Kinect 1 was garbage, the only good thing that came from it was Dance Central. That's it. Voice commands were a joke too. I'm just glad Sony didn't force the camera on us, would have sucked to have to pay for something I didn't want. And damn that PS4 camera is tiny.

kincet had alot of pretty decent games more then just dance central and yes when it came to most gams kinect voice control did suck but worked great with things like netflix. 

why is that so funny? is it because i enjoy using systems i spend 300-500 bucks on for more then gaming? to be honest if video game sytems this day and age did nothing more then play games no way in heck i would spend 400-500 bucks on them.
While I will be trying to get a PS4 first this time around I will have to agree with Timbo. It may be a gimmick but when it's time to watch Netflix I typically turn the xbox on and then just bark out orders to the Xbox to launch the app and start the shows (all while getting stuff from the kitchen). Kinect has some crummy games, some ok games and some great opportunities for multitasking. Not $100 worth, but still pretty cool.

Some things are not for everyone, we get that. I'm not going to judge any of the haters other than they hate.

Also, we used the PS Eye Toy for my kids birthday parties and they were great as short distractions. Kinect did the same thing (the free doublefine game has been sooo helpful when people are arriving).

Now, with all that said I just want a system that plays games for a looong time. No RRoD (360) and no crappy disk drives with fans that blow dirt and dust on the lense (PS2). I also don't want to have to worry about constant upgrades or drivers (computer). I want my controller to have all the features it should have the first time (PS3 Sixaxis). I don't want it to have a hard time playing some games (Metroid Edition Gamecube) or a hard time with later double density disks (Launch Wiis and Xenoblade). I don't want hinges to break (DS) and I don't want it to be cancelled too early (Dreamcast). Maybe I should just buy an arcade cabinet that plays Mame roms lol.

I don't expect the PS4 camera to sell well, which will probably make the good content limited. Xbox One content creators have the benefit of a Kinect with every system, so anyone can experience their content without having to buy a $60 accessory. I will say at least it's more reasonable than the $150 price the Kinect launched at.
Well. That Xbone is $100 more and weaker. It's like those others are paying $100+ for that Kinect.

Huh, wow. Guess I'll drop by after work and see if I can pick mine up too. That'd be great because it's the only physical game I have preordered for my PS4. The console is coming via Amazon and I have PS+ already, so on the 15th all I'd have to do is wait for UPS. No need to go anywhere near the nuttiness that will probably be GameStop on 11/15...

Well. That Xbone is $100 more and weaker. It's like those others are paying $100+ for that Kinect.
Price wasn't really what I was commenting on. I'm saying the PS4 camera will probably fail where Kinect 2.0 will be fine because everyone with an X1 has a Kinect. They don't need to convince people to buy them like Sony does. If Sony doesn't create interesting uses for the PS4 camera, then nobody will buy it. If nobody buys it, then Sony will stop making content. I honestly hope they come out with cool stuff and give me a reason to buy one, but I don't see that right now.

Man, I hope Amazon ships my KZ game early. I dont have release day shipping for it so its going to arrive a fews days after launch if they dont.

Price wasn't really what I was commenting on. I'm saying the PS4 camera will probably fail where Kinect 2.0 will be fine because everyone with an X1 has a Kinect. They don't need to convince people to buy them like Sony does. If Sony doesn't create interesting uses for the PS4 camera, then nobody will buy it. If nobody buys it, then Sony will stop making content. I honestly hope they come out with cool stuff and give me a reason to buy one, but I don't see that right now.
Just because everyone will have a Kinect 2.0 doesn't mean they will produce good content for it. MS sold a shit ton of Kinect 1's and we all know how that turned out.

I see what you're saying. Yeah, the PS4 cam does seem a bit eyecam-ish part 2 to me, too. That clay drawing animation, or whatever that was, was not impressing to me. I do use the PS3 cam.......sometimes.

I ordered the camera, when I cancelled my XB1 preorder.  In the unboxing video it looks exactly like I expected it to; a camera attachment that will allow my daughter to play Just Dance 14.

wow, almost forgot ps4 releases at novemeber 15, time sure flys. i really want to see sort of stress test, and how ps4 holds up over time.

bread's done
Back