PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I dig the Pulse Elites also. Traded up from a regular Pulse set to the Elites and it's worlds better. Is the update to use them supposed to be in the day 1 patch?

They ever put up an official link to the day 1 update for download?

I know someone found it on a sony server, but id feel better for something a little more official. Would suck to brick console first day...

They ever put up an official link to the day 1 update for download?

I know someone found it on a sony server, but id feel better for something a little more official. Would suck to brick console first day...
pretty sure I saw it in the big old faq along with instructions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it's just a precautionary email that was sent out, but apparently some Target stores may have oversold on their ps4 pre-orders. My friend who works electronics told me that basically it said to apologize to the guest if they run out . I think most stores should be fine, but some probably got like 20+. He also told me that they'd be numbered and set aside to be sold based on the number on your pre order card.

Haha, I'm still wrestling daily with which pre-order I will go through with, a BB release day pre-order where I can get it earlier in the day (but who knows how BB will handle it), or an Amazon launch edition that will probably take till 7PM to get delivered.

Haha, I'm still wrestling daily with which pre-order I will go through with, a BB release day pre-order where I can get it earlier in the day (but who knows how BB will handle it), or an Amazon launch edition that will probably take till 7PM to get delivered.
Dang, 7pm? Screw that noise. I'd go with Best Buy... unless Amazon is cheaper for you because of tax or something.

What decides if Amazon uses UPS or Fedex to ship? Location? Shipping speed?
Generally where it originates from and where it's headed to. Like here in Michigan if it's coming from Indiana it goes by the regional courier (Prestige). If it's from Illinois or Kentucy it usually goes FedEx but occasionally UPS. Any further than that and it's always UPS.

Generally where it originates from and where it's headed to. Like here in Michigan if it's coming from Indiana it goes by the regional courier (Prestige). If it's from Illinois or Kentucy it usually goes FedEx but occasionally UPS. Any further than that and it's always UPS.
Weird. I'm in Michigan and my stuff always comes UPS, usually from Kentucky.

Maybe it's where in the state you are then?  Just north of Detroit (like the city limit is about a mile away) it's 100% prestige from Inidana, about 70/30 split FedEx/UPS from Kentucky over the 200 orders in the last six months.  Then again everything that's transported to Michigan is kind of weird since we're basically a dead end.

It's an 85/15 split in favor of UPS for me with products from Amazon, I'm hoping it's fedex this time, they usually come at 12pm.

Would anyone be interested in 'taking' my Amazon PS4 pre-order for exactly msrp (+tax if your state charges it)? I have 2 available and I'm going to cancel both, but I figure if anyone wants one then I could change the shipping address to their place so that the pre-orders don't go to waste. As far as my credentials for online-trustworthiness, I have over 100 trades on reddit's GameSwap subreddit and over 100 positive feedback on ebay. And, well, the one trade I did here years ago went well =p Anyways, not a penny of profit for me, just looking to help someone out =) 

Would anyone be interested in 'taking' my Amazon PS4 pre-order for exactly msrp (+tax if your state charges it)? I have 2 available and I'm going to cancel both, but I figure if anyone wants one then I could change the shipping address to their place so that the pre-orders don't go to waste. As far as my credentials for online-trustworthiness, I have over 100 trades on reddit's GameSwap subreddit and over 100 positive feedback on ebay. And, well, the one trade I did here years ago went well =p Anyways, not a penny of profit for me, just looking to help someone out =)
Thanks for doing this. I sent you a PM because I know someone who missed out and now she's regretting it.

This is probably a silly question, but if I decide to keep my launch BF4 bundle from Amazon is there somewhere I can exchange BF4 without a receipt? I assume Amazon would want the whole order back even if I wanted to just change the game. After all the BF4 footage and playing the beta I just have no interest in it anymore.

Stores check serial numbers to see where you bought it from.

I think you misunderstood. I am talking about BF4, not the PS4. I am well aware of hardware serial numbers, and if I didn't want the PS4 I'd just cancel the order.

you are correct, I got my abbreviations mixed up.

When people cancel their console pre-orders, do they automatically go back up on Amazon? If so, how soon after cancellation? Considering getting a PS4 now because I have enough amazon credit to pay for it. Already have the X1 pre-ordered from Gamestop.

When people cancel their console pre-orders, do they automatically go back up on Amazon? If so, how soon after cancellation? Considering getting a PS4 now because I have enough amazon credit to pay for it. Already have the X1 pre-ordered from Gamestop.
It probably goes to those that ordered the standard edition.

Consoles don't go back up for sale if you cancel your order. Amazon would wait until they have enough stock to reopen orders before they did so for individual orders. I'd say hold onto it or find someone else that wants it before you cancel.

It does help a little, thanks.

I may buy a new headset if only to upgrade to wireless(and hopefully surround sound)... but I don't have a whole lot of money. :( I was blessed with some extra work to be able to afford a PS4, and I've got a little extra on top of that, but it may be better spent elsewhere. Still, if anyone wants to make some recommends, I'd appreciate a PM. Universal headsets would be best, since I still use 360, but anything wireless that works with PS4 and has good sound quality/dependability. Thanks
http://www.frys.com/product/6423142?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I bought these back when they were $120. Great sound. Comfortable. Wireless. Universal. Not surround sound though. If you've got a Fry's near you, you should take them home for a test drive. At that price you could just keep it around as a standby headset.

I appreciate you trying to help, regardless. Any chance you happen to know where I could swap the game without a receipt? I'm obviously not going to open it, and have no desire to play it.
You're going to do what you're going to do, so I wouldn't even bother with a moral lecture or anything. However, don't expect people to map out return fraud for you, either.

whether or not it actually hurts the store in the real world isn't super relevant, you're basically asking them to buy a copy of the game from you for msrp (which is surely more than they normally pay to the publisher/distributor, it's not really 'the same price') and you're adding to their inventory. it is called return fraud around these parts and folks don't much care for it, so you can't be too taken aback by any vitrol you get as a result.
Additionally, I didn't flip him even the slightest grain of shit. I just stated that it's return fraud, whether he sees it as hurting anyone, or not, and that he shouldn't try to pull other people into it. If you're going to do it, do it. The chances are slim of any consequences from it, but be aware of what you're doing, the risk v. reward, and manage it by yourself.

Do you still have the other available?

Wow. I'm not looking to open up a game and then return it after playing it. They're not losing any money as it's the same price, and a very similar item. If Amazon didn't require the entire "bundle" to be returned it'd be a non-issue. People do far worse around here and you're going to call me out on something that doesn't even hurt them? Ok.
It's against the rules to talk about this stuff... just saying.

It's against the rules to talk about this stuff... just saying.
Much more helpful of a post. Not sure how this is against the rules yet defrauding trade in stores (Amazon thread) is ok, but I'm not here to break rules. Feel free to edit the quoted posts as I've removed the offending posts already.

If your PS4 is shipped by UPS, check for your closest UPS Customer Center location. You can use UPS My Choice to have your package held for pickup there. Since all my UPS packages go through there before getting on the truck, when it's held I can pick it up when they open at 9AM. So if you order through Amazon or else where online, definitely consider doing that to get your console faster.

You can also pay $5 to have it shipped to a UPS Store or work place if you like.

Walmart is your best option for an exchange. Get an older woman to it. Tell them it was a gift and it's to violent. Also...lol at morality. It's an even exchange. No harm done. It's ok for people to buy a lot of games and flip them. Taking cheap retail from gamers forcing expensive used for gamers. Yet an even exchange makes people pee themselves.

Much more helpful of a post. Not sure how this is against the rules yet defrauding trade in stores (Amazon thread) is ok, but I'm not here to break rules. Feel free to edit the quoted posts as I've removed the offending posts already.
It's largely against the rules because it's legally questionable and arguments come from it. At least with flipping, there is no talk of defrauding a company and rarely do things break off into a debate about morality.

It's largely against the rules because it's legally questionable and arguments come from it. At least with flipping, there is no talk of defrauding a company and rarely do things break off into a debate about morality.
I didn't say anything about flipping. I was talking about the people who send in games as bundles and get the trades accepted, or submit them until they do, full well knowing that they are sending in an incomplete item. Also, cutting out UPCs or "not for resale" areas seems like fraud, yet is freely discussed. If you're going to make one against the rules, make it all against the rules, that's all I'm saying. Not to mention as soon as I was told it was against the rules, I fixed my posts. If people would just edit the quoted posts, we could just drop the issue altogether.

http://www.frys.com/product/6423142?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I bought these back when they were $120. Great sound. Comfortable. Wireless. Universal. Not surround sound though. If you've got a Fry's near you, you should take them home for a test drive. At that price you could just keep it around as a standby headset.
I have the F540s as well and love them. Admittedly I don't do much voice chat these days but the sound quality of the game audio is superb. I just recently replaced the battery as it was only lasting about 60-90 minutes after a year of use; you can find Logitech original batteries on Amazon that drop in.

Holy crap, that price at Fry's. I paid so much more for mine.

I wish I could upgrade my Newegg shipping.  It's shipping from California to New York and I got free eggsaver shipping, so it could be a bit of a wait.  I was hoping that they'd ship from their New Jersey warehouse.

I have the F540s as well and love them. Admittedly I don't do much voice chat these days but the sound quality of the game audio is superb. I just recently replaced the battery as it was only lasting about 60-90 minutes after a year of use; you can find Logitech original batteries on Amazon that drop in.

Holy crap, that price at Fry's. I paid so much more for mine.
I have those as well and use them for PC/cable box/PS3 and they work wonderfully. Now if only they had more inputs so I could use the PS4 and WiiU with them as well they would be perfect.

this is a more detailed information regarding how bestbuy handles ps4/xbone midnight releases. It might be beneficial for those who preordered it, and those who wants it, but did not preorder it.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Midnight-Opening-FAQ/td-p/721719
Thanks, I saw the same info from IGN. I think my plan of attack will be to go to Best Buy the night before release, and if I can't get a PS4 I'll just hit up Kmart the next morning.

bread's done
Back