PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I agree completely. Even Madden 25 is built for next gen. From what I was reading, there's a good amount of features that just wouldn't work on the current gen.

Personally I would like to narrow it down to three out of these games: AC: Black Flag, BF4, COD:Ghosts, Madden25, and NBA2K14.

Thinking Asassins Creed and BattleField then either Madden or 2K14. That would let me have a good selection of game types to have a launch. Not even counting the PS+/F2P games, which I believe there are 7 games that are free at launch!
2k14!!!

Yea it is cool.

Im sick of people saying it's only going to be good on PS4 and the PS3 version sucks. But thank you for your stupid comment that contributes nothing to this world
And I'm sick of people acting like their version of reality is factual. Maybe you didn't have any issues, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong, just means that you didn't have one. Especially when your major complaint is against people who most likely didn't play either version and are talking out their ass in the first place.

And I'm sick of people acting like their version of reality is factual. Maybe you didn't have any issues, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong, just means that you didn't have one. Especially when your major complaint is against people who most likely didn't play either version and are talking out their ass in the first place.
No point in arguing

Last edited by a moderator:
Gedemer do what i did months ago. add vic to your ignore list & CAG instantly becomes more enjoyable. all he does is picks fights &  brag how he use to review games. ive never talked to him, but he is always turning threads into crap with his arguments. add cocojames too... trust me.

yo-guys-i-gotta-calm-down-im-going-through-the-teleportation-phase.jpg

Gedemer do what i & did months ago. add vic to your ignore list & CAG instantly becomes more enjoyable. all he does is picks fights & brag how he use to review games. ive never talked to him, but he is always turning threads into crap with his arguments. add cocojames too... trust me.
Cocojames...*shudders*

Cocojames...*shudders*
I don't mind Cocojames and there are certainly worse people than both of us. However, I don't see why whodoneit mentioned me bragging about reviewing games in the past. Maybe 4 of my 5,000+ posts mentioned it and none of them were bragging.
Not to mention, I still review games...

That game is looking so good. Has me considering buying a Basketball game for the first time since NBA Jam on SNES.
It looks amazing graphically but I didn't like the controls nearly as much as with 2K13. Even though it doesn't look nearly as good and won't be feature complete this year I'm interested to see what NBA Live manages to do and how it actually plays.

First I had even heard about it, hopefully they're right and it's just sour grapes fear mongering click bait.
If it does exist, then a large portion of consumers who have got to interact with them are lying. Most people's experiences i've read about say something along the lines of being shocked that it runs cooler than a fat ps3 when they put their hands by the vent.

Nobody takes his posts seriously, almost everything he says is a lie, and he changes his stance and opinion like the wind changes direction. Even worse is he's too naive to realize that everyone feels this way and he continues to post here even though he's clearly not liked or respected. smh
Yep and everyone loves you and your Sony butt kissing attitude. Guess what Sony will only care for your 399.99 next Friday . So why kiss so much butt when they don't really care about you like they say they do?

Yep and everyone loves you and your Sony butt kissing attitude. Guess what Sony will only care for your 399.99 next Friday . So why kiss so much butt when they don't really care about you like they say they do?
Oh, my god. You finally found the Caps Lock and punctuation keys on your keyboard. :p

First I had even heard about it, hopefully they're right and it's just sour grapes fear mongering click bait.
If Sony pulled a 360, then Sony would be really stupid. Plus this is going towards a more PC based architecture and they make Vaio Laptops which well are in a smaller shell. Sony should have no problems with this. Same goes to x-box one.

If a 360 happens again this gen, just dear god, lol.

If Sony pulled a 360, then Sony would be really stupid. Plus this is going towards a more PC based architecture and they make Vaio Laptops which well are in a smaller shell. Sony should have no problems with this. Same goes to x-box one.

If a 360 happens again this gen, just dear god, lol.
I think you meant 180. Sorry couldn't resist.

A little bit much that they won't even touch the Xone now and odd when they have to develop equally for both platforms. Not the first time in recent weeks that a dev has said they're enjoying working on the PS4 more and finding it easier to develop for.
I think he meant enjoying and developing more compared to the ps3
Now on which one they rather play on is ps4

Hello guys, last week I went to my local best buy and asked if they were going to a midnight opening for the ps4. The Best Buy employee said yes but to check my email because they would be sending confirmation if my pre-ordered unit had arrived. My question if this is the norm for all Best Buys? Are you guys also waiting for a confirmation email that your ps4 unit is in stores?

Or is this just my local Best Buy policy?

Hello guys, last week I went to my local best buy and asked if they were going to a midnight opening for the ps4. The Best Buy employee said yes but to check my email because they would be sending confirmation if my pre-ordered unit had arrived. My question if this is the norm for all Best Buys? Are you guys also waiting for a confirmation email that your ps4 unit is in stores?
Or is this just my local Best Buy policy?

This is what happened to my wii u preorder. You Should get an email saying your order is ready for pick up before going to the store. Otherwise, they will give you a hard time giving to you. Keep Checking the order status as well.

This is what happened to my wii u preorder. You Should get an email saying your order is ready for pick up before going to the store. Otherwise, they will give you a hard time giving to you. Keep Checking the order status as well.
Thank you for the reply. Where do I check my order status. I pre-ordered in store if that means anything.

Is it somewhere in the Best Buy website where I can check my pre-order?

I'm not sure what 2nd game to get. I'm definitely getting knack. I want a shooter too so it's either call of duty, battlefield, or killzone. Honestly, I'd love to get nba 2k14 but I refuse to buy a game with a heat player on the cover. fuck LeBron and the refs.

Thank you for the reply. Where do I check my order status. I pre-ordered in store if that means anything.
Is it somewhere in the Best Buy website where I can check my pre-order?

You can only check the status if you preordered online I believr

I love seeing interviews like this with developers.  It seems more and more developers are jumping on the PS4 bandwagon after the difficulties on the PS3.  It seems this next gen Sony really listened to fans and developers from their remarks...  here is some excerpts from an interview with NBA2k14's senior game producer..

Mike Wang admitted that he wasn’t a big fan of the PS3, more specifically the DualShock 3 controller. However, the DualShock 4 “converted” him as he loved the new changes that were implemented.

the senior game designer stated that the PS4 is ridiculously powerful and easier to developer for when working on “NBA 2K14.”

Mike Wang also disclosed that a few of his co-workers from the studio won’t play anything else other than the PS4. They won’t even touch the Xbox One.

We just continue to see these, and I have yet to see a negative interview similar to this about the PS4...  It continues to show me I made the right choice when it comes to just straight gaming consoles.

Serious question.

Would it be "safe" to sell a PS4 on eBay and after the buyer purchases it, change your delivery address to theirs on Amazon?

I always make sure that there address and info is seller protected thru paypal when sell but it's a risk I wouldn't the risk ant worth the reward just put you will ship when receive day of release many are selling high with this description

I did it, Changed and paid off the system already for the person.  sent the item to the verified Paypal address.  they have good feedback and take their feedback seriously.  guy literally emailed every hour he was at work letting me know he would pay me the moment he got off.  sure enough he did!  After Ebay fees I made about $120, not a ton, but that wasn't the point, I upgraded my regular system to the battlefield 4 bundle, so I got BF4 and another year of PS Plus for free...

Don't get NBA LIve, I understand you refuse to get NBA 2k14... may I suggest printing your own cover like I do with my sports games.  I would say rent live first or wait for a review, because right now it is looking God awful.  I would say go with your other choice! BF4

After all the good comments on NBA 2K14 being made for next gen and the positive previews, I'm going to have to get it.  I don't like the cover, either.  LOL.

I am loving the people on craigslist and Ebay seeling them for $800 plus when that isn't the market.  The only way you will sell something is if it matches the market for the item.  Right now systems are going for $150-$250 more than MSRP.  Not sure what the difference is between the ones going higher and lower, but that is what people are paying.  Not to mention it is a huge risk after release, if more become available rather quickly, then they won't be worth anything extra.  But on the other hand if they are even more scarce then people are thinking, the price could get that high.  I wasn't trying to gouge anyone when I sold my vanilla preorder, the buy now was 599, right in the middle of the average selling price.

Don't get NBA LIve, I understand you refuse to get NBA 2k14... may I suggest printing your own cover like I do with my sports games. I would say rent live first or wait for a review, because right now it is looking God awful. I would say go with your other choice! BF4
After all the goo comments on NBA 2K14 being made for next gen and the positive previews, I'm going to have to get it. I don't like the cover, either. LOL.
Yeah, I think I'll most likely get BF4. The NBA Live videos look assy. I did consider making my own cover and throwing the stupid heat cover away...but the fact that he's on the disc and the title menu....I just can't do it.

Off topic: has anybody actually won a ps4 from Taco Bell?

I am loving the people on craigslist and Ebay seeling them for $800 plus when that isn't the market. The only way you will sell something is if it matches the market for the item. Right now systems are going for $150-$250 more than MSRP. Not sure what the difference is between the ones going higher and lower, but that is what people are paying. Not to mention it is a huge risk after release, if more become available rather quickly, then they won't be worth anything extra. But on the other hand if they are even more scarce then people are thinking, the price could get that high. I wasn't trying to gouge anyone when I sold my vanilla preorder, the buy now was 599, right in the middle of the average selling price.
I would never buy a new system from craigslist in cash. Screw that. I remember when we camped out for the Wii people were offering my brother $200 for the ticket to get into Bestbuy to purchase the system (they handed out tickets and hour prior to launch), its one thing to buy a preorder card but to buy an entire system is just foolish.

You would not be covered by eBay's seller protection policy. Feel free to roll those dice though!
Naw I wont do it.

I am just contemplating keeping my Preoder as I have a Gaming PC and since FFXV might get ported...the main game I want is Killzone.

Spend $400 on a new GPU or $480 for a PS4 + 2 games...decisions decisions

I pre-ordered my console back in June and spoke to a few people at Best Buy. Originally I asked the store manager how the process was going to work about picking up my system and he told me "If you aren't in line at midnight we will sell your console to someone else". I was so pissed I called Corporate and asked about the policy to which they said we haven't established one yet. Thankfully a few days later I saw the post about how they would hold all preorders for 8 days after launch. But I was a bit angry at first.

I did it, Changed and paid off the system already for the person. sent the item to the verified Paypal address. they have good feedback and take their feedback seriously. guy literally emailed every hour he was at work letting me know he would pay me the moment he got off. sure enough he did! After Ebay fees I made about $120, not a ton, but that wasn't the point, I upgraded my regular system to the battlefield 4 bundle, so I got BF4 and another year of PS Plus for free...
Are people who did it this way ordering from different accounts? Didn't amazon say they would cancel multiple orders?

Yeah, I think I'll most likely get BF4. The NBA Live videos look assy. I did consider making my own cover and throwing the stupid heat cover away...but the fact that he's on the disc and the title menu....I just can't do it.

Off topic: has anybody actually won a ps4 from Taco Bell?
I won yesterday, quite a few from CAG have one, check out the contest thread. Plan on keeping Knack and the ps plus but selling the console as I have one from GS paid off with credit.

Naw I wont do it.

I am just contemplating keeping my Preoder as I have a Gaming PC and since FFXV might get ported...the main game I want is Killzone.

Spend $400 on a new GPU or $480 for a PS4 + 2 games...decisions decisions
I would go with whatever you would want to use more, pc or console. I have a pretty decent gaming pc (i7 870 + SLI GTX 470s) but due to various reasons a living room console is more accessible during my free hours.

I guess Amazon meant no more than one console... didn't mean bundles count... I f I had of preordered two launch day consoles I think they would have canceled.  I ordered one launch console and then one bf4 console... different items on their website if that makes sense

bread's done
Back