PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

It actually says 8 days, my problem is I dont have a car. Bestbuy is 3 miles away. My only transportation is to take the stupid college shuttle that can take hours to get on because it only seats like 12 people. If I was home this would not be an issue (although I would still be pissed because I have to pay a toll to get to Bestbuy).

$10 is $10. Plus the points ill get from the PS4 Purchase and game purchase I should get another $10. And then the bestbuy mystery coupon is another $5 so im trying to get $25 worth of credit to pay off a Mario 3D World.
In the completely random chance you go to ASU I'd give you a ride if you want. Our Target is about that far from campus and the ORBIT shuttles can sometimes be impossible to get on.

Was able to get my hands on some demos and stuff at best buy after work. I will say fifa 14 runs amazing on next gen it is now a day one purchase for me. Knack was pretty fun they have a decent size demo. Knack plays alot like rachet and clank seeing you play as a big guy and small guy. which is great seeing i loved that series for me the best sony series. They also have couple indie games that were alright nothing great. The might have made ds4 little bigger then ps3 ds3 but for me it's still a major issue for me. AS a person that has pretty big hands i would get cramps alot playing ps3 and even playing for like 40 mins with ds4 i was starting ot get cramps. Ms has the perfect size controller with 360 and x1 for a person with bigger size hands. Another thing is that the people saying ps4 runs hot is talking nonsense the one at best buy was running cool to the touch. I hope by the time i pick up a ps4 in spring a 3rd party company has made a bigger controller for ps4 which they did for ps3.

Was able to get my hands on some demos and stuff at best buy after work. I will say fifa 14 runs amazing on next gen it is now a day one purchase for me. Knack was pretty fun they have a decent size demo. Knack plays alot like rachet and clank seeing you play as a big guy and small guy. which is great seeing i loved that series for me the best sony series. They also have couple indie games that were alright nothing great. The might have made ds4 little bigger then ps3 ds3 but for me it's still a major issue for me. AS a person that has pretty big hands i would get cramps alot playing ps3 and even playing for like 40 mins with ds4 i was starting ot get cramps. Ms has the perfect size controller with 360 and x1 for a person with bigger size hands. Another thing is that the people saying ps4 runs hot is talking nonsense the one at best buy was running cool to the touch. I hope by the time i pick up a ps4 in spring a 3rd party company has made a bigger controller for ps4 which they did for ps3.
How the hell do you hold your controller to get cramps? Do you have extra fingers?

How the hell do you hold your controller to get cramps? Do you have extra fingers?
1: the hand grips are wayyy to small even on ps4 they are pretty small compared to 360/x1 controller

2. the thumb sticks position is way to low

3. seeing the controller is too small my knuckles are always bent.

alot of people grip about ps3 was the controller not like im only one. tons of people prefer the xbox controllers for ds because of the size diff.

it is nie the ps4 controller has the trigger buttons have a curve to them. I was not a fan of the trigger's on ps3 controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad that's how i hold the controller. For me the location of thumb sticks are just more easy on my hands on the 360 i don't know why that is true or why i get cramps from ps3 controller. I'm not sure why you jump all over me about my OPINIONS :/ i guess they are not allowed here unless you love everything about ps4.

i will admit from being a major gamer over last 20 years i have major hand issues which is why i get cramps on smaller controller like ps that requires me to grip more then i need to on the bigger xbox controller.

too bad that's how i hold the controller. For me the location of thumb sticks are just more easy on my hands on the 360 i don't know why that is true or why i get cramps from ps3 controller. I'm not sure why you jump all over me about my OPINIONS :/ i guess they are not allowed here unless you love everything about ps4.

i will admit from being a major gamer over last 20 years i have major hand issues which is why i get cramps on smaller controller like ps that requires me to grip more then i need to on the bigger xbox controller.
Come on now. It seems like more people don't have this problem than do and I've seen some people hold them weird ways (some people play with the controller backwards), so naturally people are going to disagree. Not to mention, this is the PS4 thread, so most people are going to be pro Sony.

Either or, I don't have this issue and love my DS4. :3

Really, the two biggest complaints about the DS3 is that your fingers slip off the L2 and R2 buttons to easily (which is why I got those trigger thingies for them), and when playing games like Super Stardust HD, my thumbs hit each other when moving to the right with the left stick, and to the left with the right stick - simultaneously. 

Terrible.

Hopefully the DS4 resolves these issues. Will have mine soon. :)

1: the hand grips are wayyy to small even on ps4 they are pretty small compared to 360/x1 controller
2. the thumb sticks position is way to low
3. seeing the controller is too small my knuckles are always bent.

alot of people grip about ps3 was the controller not like im only one. tons of people prefer the xbox controllers for ds because of the size diff.

it is nie the ps4 controller has the trigger buttons have a curve to them. I was not a fan of the trigger's on ps3 controller.
I think the cramps you're describing are actually a build up of lactic acid and common during play sessions but doesn't result in cramps that would cause you to drop the controller in immense pain. You may also suffer from a self serving bias where you feel you have large hands, controllers are small so you subconsciously hold them in a way that causes discomfort that you don't experience when holding custom controllers.

Just to let everyone know I have the Portta HDMI splitter mentioned a few posts back and while it works okay for the price I do have some issues with it.  The screen will flicker and lose picture for my systems sometimes and the PS3 hand trouble getting the right screen resolution when using it.  I think the Xbox 360 did too.  It seemed to work best when one system was on, then turned off, and then another system turned on.  When I switched between them with more than one on that is when I'd get screen issues. 

FNR6lTo.png

Best Buy has a list of stores with PS4 demo kiosks.

Went to BB today.

An employee was playing with his DS4 and he let me hold that badboy...feels incredible compared to the POS DS3

(this post sounds too sexual for my liking o_O)

[quote name="loudlyrandomplay" post="11202024" timestamp="1383778890"]
I think the cramps you're describing are actually a build up of lactic acid and common during play sessions but doesn't result in cramps that would cause you to drop the controller in immense pain. You may also suffer from a self serving bias where you feel you have large hands, controllers are small so you subconsciously hold them in a way that causes discomfort that you don't experience when holding custom controllers.[/quote]or the guy just gets cramps when using the controller. My hands get numb when I play the Vita or the 3DS no matter if I hold it right or not. It's not hard to figure out how to hold a controller folks.

I mean holy crap how is the weather up there on your high horse?

Anyone think Sony will sell their own extended warranty plans for the PS4 on PSN like they do with the Vita? I had to pre order with GS but would rather not have to give them any more money for a warranty if i can just get it through sony.

If anyone is interested, I have one ps4 launch day delivery pre-order from amazon to give away. And no, I'm *not* looking to make a profit; I just want to help someone out that didn't get the chance to pre-order and I want to give it away for exactly msrp and not a penny more (well, unless your state charges tax, in which case that would be added).

I've given away one ps4 and one xbone pre-order so far, I have one ps4 left, and i'll be cancelling it Friday night to make sure it doesn't get charged if I don't find somebody to give it to. Let me know if you're interested!

If anyone is interested, I have one ps4 launch day delivery pre-order from amazon to give away. And no, I'm *not* looking to make a profit; I just want to help someone out that didn't get the chance to pre-order and I want to give it away for exactly msrp and not a penny more (well, unless your state charges tax, in which case that would be added).

I've given away one ps4 and one xbone pre-order so far, I have one ps4 left, and i'll be cancelling it Friday night to make sure it doesn't get charged if I don't find somebody to give it to. Let me know if you're interested!
You're an awesome CAG, this is why I like this site so much. You probably just made some ones night :bouncy:

Same, I have the DS4 launch edition bundle that if someone who's a regular wants to take over is theirs for cost.

I'm trying to find somebody with a extra per order but if not I'll prolly wait overnight for a ps4 at target. THATS HOW BAD I WANT IT LOL

I've posted before about "transferring" my preorder to a CAG in need. A few people contacted me, but most don't want to pay me directly. I'm definitely not going to give access to my account so you can change the payment info. It is on my main account. If it was a secondary account I'd be fine, but only someone who wanted to preorder more than two and resell them would have done that I feel.

If the last person who pmed me previously doesn't want it I will have one available. I was also thinking of running a contest, whoever has posted the most messed up preorder-losing story on CAG so far gets the preorder. Thought that would be funny, but maybe a bit cruel. I'm also wondering if a thread somewhere for those looking to transfer their preorders might help with this

I also have a second PS4 preorder that is my backup in case Gamestop screws me over at launch. I have credit there to cover it and don't want to risk changing the payment info on my Amazon preorder. So if I do get my console at Gamestop I will have a PS4 on launch day at my house. I am located in Orange County, so if anyone is local and wants dibs on that I'll sell that at cost+tax in person. Otherwise I'm just going to sell it on CL at cost or some even number near cost.

Anyone think Sony will sell their own extended warranty plans for the PS4 on PSN like they do with the Vita? I had to pre order with GS but would rather not have to give them any more money for a warranty if i can just get it through sony.
I don't remember seeing it on the Vita, but they had it on the PS3. I'd say it's pretty likely they will offer it up on the PS4.

Hahaha. I mean honestly...I can see there's a HUGE hype factor. People are paying upward of $700 for the PS4...but my god...these consoles just are NOT WORTH THAT MUCH by far. The Radeon R9 290X would be a wiser investment than essentially a PS4. That's more like a PS7 (assuming great leaps in graphics processing technology is not made).

Lol..people wanting to wait overnight..gosh dang...I don't see the point in that honestly. Hahha!
It's going to be my first (and hopefully last) experience. Though, if I don't see anyone in line, I will probably just go to sleep and come early in the morning.

bread's done
Back