PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Especially if you mean Sunday, as in, a few days ago.

Could've sworn I saw it in 1 of these mega threads before then, but it was one of those 'i heard/was told' type of things. That's why I'm all for certain things getting yanked out of mega threads and getting their own thread.
Yep, that's what I mean - as in, 4 days ago. :whistle2:( The manager at my GS has helped me out before - wonder if he could bump it up if I bring my receipt in on Sunday? Won't hurt to swing by before then & ask him about it I suppose.

Got this from Newegg:

"We are excited to announce that your pre-order for the PlayStation 4 will ship soon! The official release date for the PlayStation 4 is Friday, November 15, 2013; however, we will begin shipping pre-orders on Thursday, November 14, 2013.

You will receive a tracking e-mail on Thursday, November 14th. The shipping method included in your order will be 3 day air service unless you have paid for an expedited shipping method. For example, if you chose Next Day service, it is likely your package will arrive on Friday, November 15th. Pre-orders with 3 Day service will likely arrive on or before Tuesday, November 19th.

We would like to offer you a fantastic opportunity to upgrade your pre-order to Next Day Shipping Service for the price of $9.99! Simply contact Newegg Customer Service via telephone at 800-390-1119 with your pre-order number and ask to upgrade your shipping to Next-Day. This request must be made before 12 noon PT Wednesday, November 13. Because this is a pre-order and there is no way to discount the price initially, you will be charged the full amount for the Next Day Shipping Cost ($38.68) when your pre-order is transferred into a new sales order. Once your new order is invoiced, we will issue a refund for the difference. The refund will appear back to your original form of payment within 3 to 5 business days. If your pre-order already has Next Day service, you will be refunded the difference after your order is shipped.

We encourage you to anticipate the delivery of your PlayStation 4 to ensure you are available on the estimated delivery date. All shipping couriers use their best discretion when delivering your packages and depending on your location, they may require a signature upon delivery.

We are just as excited as you are about the delivery of this order! Visit our dedicated gaming section located here to purchase the additional controllers and games you’ll want after your PlayStation 4 arrives. If you have any further questions regarding the information provided in this email, please do not hesitate to contact Newegg Customer Service through one of our convenient contact methods provided here."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep,I just got the same NewEgg email.  FINALLY.  I was worried...no communication from them even though I had ordered the first day pre-orders were available.  Even an email to CS was completely clueless.  I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

I'm happy about it, $410, no tax, overnight shipping.

I was surprised to see that Amazon was offering launch day delivery under 2 day shipping. I was happy after selecting 2 day that expected delivery was launch day. Even better with prime's free service. Now if we can only get confirmation that the B2G1 will be happening.

SOny just released the price for the ps4 protection plan:

U$ 49.99 for 2 years AFTER 1st year expired (manufacture's warranty) => total 3 years

U$ 59.99 including accidental plan

http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/pricing/index.htm

I just called them to confirm: psn plus subscriber will not get a discount for now.

You have up to 30 days AFTER receiving the console to sign up for the accidental plan. However, if you are looking for the regular plan, you can sign up within 1 year of purchase.

Accidental plan will cover problems like USB port malfunction, etc..., which Sony considers as physical damage. Given that information, I think it is better just to sign up for the accidental plan just to be on the safe side!

ANd yes, you can pay via phone or via PSN. And yes, you can use your PSN wallet money to pay for that!!

I hope that helps guys!!

So I'm getting a PS4 at launch, but am not currently a PS+ member, and would really love to pay $30 at GS for a subscription, but don't want to wait until then. I keep seeing these Walmart ads on TV that state that if you buy an item today, and it goes on sale at a different store in the future, they'll give you the difference on a Walmart giftcard when you bring in the ad. Anyone see a problem with doing this for the PS+ membership, besides converting my cash into Walmart credit?

So I'm getting a PS4 at launch, but am not currently a PS+ member, and would really love to pay $30 at GS for a subscription, but don't want to wait until then. I keep seeing these Walmart ads on TV that state that if you buy an item today, and it goes on sale at a different store in the future, they'll give you the difference on a Walmart giftcard when you bring in the ad. Anyone see a problem with doing this for the PS+ membership, besides converting my cash into Walmart credit?
System comes with a 1 month subscription, I would wait.

SOny just released the price for the ps4 protection plan:

U$ 49.99 for 2 years AFTER 1st year expired (manufacture's warranty) => total 3 years

U$ 59.99 including accidental plan

http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/pricing/index.htm

I just called them to confirm: psn plus subscriber will not get a discount for now.

You have up to 30 days AFTER receiving the console to sign up for the accidental plan. However, if you are looking for the regular plan, you can sign up within 1 year of purchase.

Accidental plan will cover problems like USB port malfunction, etc..., which Sony considers as physical damage. Given that information, I think it is better just to sign up for the accidental plan just to be on the safe side!

ANd yes, you can pay via phone or via PSN. And yes, you can use your PSN wallet money to pay for that!!

I hope that helps guys!!
Well yeah for $10 difference and if it covers the USB ports as well then it is worth it.

Yep, in the fine print it says that it excludes black friday deals.

Well yeah for $10 difference and if it covers the USB ports as well then it is worth it.
Only issue is you need to decide within the first month. At least you can get the regular extended one after that though.

How much of a discount do PS+ members get on PS3 warranties anyways?

Only issue is you need to decide within the first month. At least you can get the regular extended one after that though.

How much of a discount do PS+ members get on PS3 warranties anyways?
Well yeah but most of accidental warranties are like that and you should probably know by then if you're interested or not anyway. Sony didn't have RROD and the YLOD was only a half of a percent of systems it mostly occurred in the time frame this covers which is why I'm leaning towards it.

I just got a text from gamestop saying my ps4 NBA 2k14  would be available Friday PM are they releasing it early its not supposed to be out until Tuesday.  Did anyone else get a text?

Honestly unless you're in an environment where you're going to be dropping your console, spilling on it, or knocking it over I don't see any practical advantage to the accidental plan since wear and tear is covered in both. Still it's only $10 more and if you're getting one you may as well get the accidental for that small premium. If it was $20 difference I would probably advise against it.
You clearly don't have a toddler ...

Just got my copy of COD Ghosts from Dell...Going to end up trading it for something else since I took advantage of the spend 50 get 10 promo. Will end up using that $10 back for that accidental plan.

Amazon

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153439266890261&set=a.10151362562415261.817101.137830960260&type=1&theater

1393537_10153439266890261_2039999253_n.jpg

sell it on ebay or cl. if on ebay, make sure to use sig confirm and insurance.
Im considering doing this as looks like an easy $200+..

YOu dont really have an option of forcing sig and insurance if shipping straight from amazon to customer though..just hope it works out.

Im considering doing this as looks like an easy $200+..

YOu dont really have an option of forcing sig and insurance if shipping straight from amazon to customer though..just hope it works out.
No need to be so greedy. I just sold my PS4 Launch Edition preorder here for Super Mario 3D World & TLoZ: A Link Between World+. And my Xbox One preorder for $80+.

No need to be so greedy. I just sold my PS4 Launch Edition preorder here for Super Mario 3D World & TLoZ: A Link Between World+. And my Xbox One preorder for $80+.
...what? I canceled my launch edition pre-order when I could've traded it/sold it for goodies? I'm losing my touch.

Go figure, snow is in the forecast for Thursday night into Friday morning.

Looks going to the midnight launch might be up in the air

My local Gamestop told me about it yesterday which is why I made a separate thread for it. Its something I would have totally missed in the big threads. I was really surprised my local gamestop made the phone call as they are usually so behind on letting people know about promos.

Especially if you mean Sunday, as in, a few days ago.

Could've sworn I saw it in 1 of these mega threads before then, but it was one of those 'i heard/was told' type of things. That's why I'm all for certain things getting yanked out of mega threads and getting their own thread.

Wish I could find a good deal for my PS3. Craigslist is just page after page of 360/ps3 systems. Damn thing is going to end up in the closet. Have no room for it after next Friday.

She just turned three actually. I'm really not worried about her though because she stays away from where all that stuff lives, and actually doesn't fiddle with that kind of stuff. Now if it covered the controller (which it doesn't as far as I can tell from the terms) that's different since even as good as she is with them accidents happen. Either way I'm getting the accidental or nothing since it's only $10 more.

That is the cleanest, neatest warehouse I've ever seen.

We will have a new baby in the house several months after launch so I'm without a doubt picking the accidental coverage. Especially since its not that expensive and I can use PSN Money to pay for it. We have similar coverage under our renters insurance, learned my lesson the hard way when my laptop fell off the couch.

If/When I have a kid and they break my 65 inch TV, they will be put up for adoption. That or I get all of their wages from their first job until restitution is made for my tv.

Reason #378 why I dont have kids yet.

That seems like a pretty sweet deal and easier than trying to sell on ebay/clist. I've come to the realization that most of the upcoming games I want to play are on the WiiU. Mario, DKC, Bayonetta, etc.

I may have to see about trading off my Xbox or PS4 for some WiiU or 3DS games.

Aw, that's so nice that the PS4 box has a handle on top! I'm fond of it because PS2/PS3 had one as well and during the scarce periods when I'd camp out at a store or just happen upon one, it felt like a victory to lug it around like a big prize but now with my Amazon preorder, there'll be no hunting this time 'round.

I think Amazon is shipping Killzone: Shadow Fall now finally. Went from "11/15" to "In Stock." I cancelled my order before it could ship just in case they really do match Target's Buy 2 Get 1 deal next week.

I think Amazon is shipping Killzone: Shadow Fall now finally. Went from "11/15" to "In Stock." I cancelled my order before it could ship just in case they really do match Target's Buy 2 Get 1 deal next week.
Oh Cthulhu, I entirely forgot about that and still haven't figured out what if anything I want from it. And oh crap I have no money in my bank account because of this Walmart business and a PayPal transfer probably won't get into my account on time because of the weekend.

I really hope they do. After I got word Target isn't getting injustice, it's not even worth the effort to wait in line and return a free game. If amazon does not match it, I'm just going to suck it up and buy 3 games for... *gasps* MSRP!

I really hope they do. After I got word they're not getting injustice, it's not even worth the effort to wait in line and return a free game. If amazon does not match it, I'm just going to suck it up and buy 3 games fore... *gasps* MSRP!
But but but, no adult can afford a $180 dollar expense in cold hard cash. Please tell me you have credit for flipping or exploiting another deal!

Oh Cthulhu, I entirely forgot about that and still haven't figured out what if anything I want from it. And oh crap I have no money in my bank account because of this Walmart business and a PayPal transfer probably won't get into my account on time because of the weekend.
Sounds like you need dat PayPal Debit MasterCard.

bread's done
Back