PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

More than likely I'll have to find a different rep to deal with.
More than likely if it's gone this far and no one can help you you'll just have to pay sales tax. Amazon has already gotten enough flack for people skirting around the tax thing. It sucks, yeah, but it is the law and there's only so much Amazon's CS can do as awesome as they are.

They wouldn't be breaking tax rules, they would credit the difference - the state would still have its tax collected.
I mean breaking their own rules of giving credit to something that is out of their control... but I also meant that they can't give everyone a pass for taxes just b/c a CSR was misinformed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in CT...and while it's been a couple months since I ordered from amazon (late September), I was not charged tax on that order.

Any idea when this changed?
If you change anything with the order (i.e. update payment, change address, put gift card credit on the order, etc.) it will show the change for tax. It will still charge tax when it ships regardless though.

If you change anything with the order (i.e. update payment, change address, put gift card credit on the order, etc.) it will show the change for tax. It will still charge tax when it ships regardless though.
Oh, I know...I applied a gift card to cover the tax when I saw these posts and it updated with the tax amount. No big deal, there.

But I just wonder when it changed. Again...order in late September did not charge me tax. Obviously now they are...

To answer my own question, looks like it became effective November 1st in CT. Glad I saw this...would have charged my card for the tax, when the rest was already paid off via gc. Not a huge deal, but an unexpected $25 charge from amazon on my statement would not have given me the warm fuzzies.

As said before, Best Buy is contacting people whose pre orders are in to pick up at midnight, no contact, then it did not come in!
Since when did they start contacting people? I haven't heard anyone that I know that has pre-ordered get any notifications yet.

don't know why guys are selling on ebay. fees and shipping are too expensive. the best way to go is craigslist or at your local gamestop. There will be people looking for one at midnight. If someone offers me at least $500 on the spot, I'll just give it to them. Easy $100 and I'll just wait for my online shipment.
Only 100 if you play no taxes on it

Walmart

1454603_558802254191113_94129746_n.jpg
Anyone else notice the one missing from the top?

don't know if it's been mentioned but, every PS4 box will include :

• $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
  • 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial
  • 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/
Just watch none of it stack on existing accounts. :lol: Says the musics for new subscribers only. Really brilliant move on their part to get everyone sucked into PS+ and buying on PSN though.

Just watch none of it stack on existing accounts. :lol: Says the musics for new subscribers only. Really brilliant move on their part to get everyone sucked into PS+ and buying on PSN though.
My PS+ expired last month and I didn't use my 1yr card yet (been holding out). On top of that, $10 for free. I'm a happy camper.

Thing is I actually spoke with Amazon who confirmed I wouldn't be charged tax. Now they are charging me tax. I know that it's out of Amazon's control in these cases, but because Amazon were the ones who "confirmed" I wouldn't be charged tax, the responsibility lies on them.
But if you talked to them before the law changed, it doesn't matter.

State law trumps any current business policy. Once it is in place, there's nothing the company can do. If they don't follow it, they will get penalized.

Stop asking if anyone is doing preorders... it is a week till launch of a sold out console!  Go camp out at a store for 48 hours or you are waiting a couplee of weeks....  NO ONE IS STILL TAKING PREORDERS ON THE SYSTEM

State law trumps any current business policy. Once it is in place, there's nothing the company can do. If they don't follow it, they will get penalized.
Well they can and have adjusted the pre tax price down for some people so that they only would up paying what they were going to originally. YMMV obviously.

But I spoke to them about the law changing. I knew it was going to change so I wanted clarification, which they provided - it proved to be incorrect though. I'm not saying they should not charge me tax because of the misinformation, but they should take the 6.35% tax off of the subtotal (so the taxed total would then equal the original subtotal).

You're correct. I have a preorder going on Amazon credit line, and it showed "estimated tax to be collected" of 0.00. Applied $100 in Amazon credit to that order, and the tax appeared ($28.xx for VA). Virginia is a new tax state on Amazon, so its fine, though I thought my payment change may have screwed me on that. Whatever the case, I'm not going to raise a stink about it.

The only place I don't pay tax is NewEgg, and I seem to almost never but anything. 

Unless it's PC parts or something related. Let's face it. All the places with great service will be the ones they tag with tax first.

But I spoke to them about the law changing. I knew it was going to change so I wanted clarification, which they provided - it proved to be incorrect though. I'm not saying they should not charge me tax because of the misinformation, but they should take the 6.35% tax off of the subtotal (so the taxed total would then equal the original subtotal).
why should they eat the tax that you should be paying anyway?

The only place I don't pay tax is NewEgg, and I seem to almost never but anything.

Unless it's PC parts or something related. Let's face it. All the places with great service will be the ones they tag with tax first.
This is what I do in a lot of cases. Buy from newegg through ebay.

Gaming PC vs PS4

Arghhhh!!!!

Cannot decide. It'll cost me 450 for new RAM and a new GPU. The PS4 will be 396 plus 60 for game.

You're correct. I have a preorder going on Amazon credit line, and it showed "estimated tax to be collected" of 0.00. Applied $100 in Amazon credit to that order, and the tax appeared ($28.xx for VA). Virginia is a new tax state on Amazon, so its fine, though I thought my payment change may have screwed me on that. Whatever the case, I'm not going to raise a stink about it.
i'm in VA, same thing here, called them once but its whatever at this point

Gaming PC vs PS4

Arghhhh!!!!

Cannot decide. It'll cost me 450 for new RAM and a new GPU. The PS4 will be 396 plus 60 for game.
Where do you want to play your games and who do you want to play them with? PC will generally have a greater swath of stuff at lower prices but you miss out on the exclusives and those genres like JRPG that just don't make it to PC. That and slow or terrible (or both) ports that you still have to use a controller for.

Where do you want to play your games and who do you want to play them with? PC will generally have a greater swath of stuff at lower prices but you miss out on the exclusives and those genres like JRPG that just don't make it to PC. That and slow or terrible (or both) ports that you still have to use a controller for.
I love my PC but I tried Bf4 last night and I need to upgrade lol.

Grrrr

puzzles me the amount of people that complain about tax on amazon. i'm kind of happy amazon now charges tax in my state makes my taxes much more easy to file that i don't have to report all the purchases i made on amazon in that year. 

I love my PC but I tried Bf4 last night and I need to upgrade lol.

Grrrr
Well if I had to choose one I would personally go PC but I already built a new one about a year ago so I don't have to choose.

puzzles me the amount of people that complain about tax on amazon. i'm kind of happy amazon now charges tax in my state makes my taxes much more easy to file that i don't have to report all the purchases i made on amazon in that year.
1040 or it didn't happen.

bread's done
Back