PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

If the first chat rep on amazon won't credit you for tax being charged keep trying. Someone will give in eventually.

Also ask them to notate your account to always have credits issued to all your orders in the amount of what tax is.

The amount of cheapassery here must be peaking when you are arguing over taxes.

I had to pay 32$ for tax thanks to Ohio's high ass rates, and I didn't complain to Gamestop

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of cheapassery here must be peaking when you are arguing over taxes.

I had to pay 32$ for tax thanks to Ohio's high ass rates, and I didn't complain to Gamestop
I did, I was all "I enjoy coming in and seeing you guys but I'm not standing outside in the middle of November to pay $24 more in tax! So I'll buy these Kindle cards instead and everyone wins."

Edit- I totally missed this while deleting the email: Remember to buy Xbox Live for your PS4!

If the first chat rep on amazon won't credit you for tax being charged keep trying. Someone will give in eventually.

Also ask them to notate your account to always have credits issued to all your orders in the amount of what tax is.
This. Calling them up acting angry might be more efficient for this though.

sig.jpg

Shut up Timbo, no one on cag pays their Amazon tax at the end of the year.
not all states require it but i always did seeing my state did but now my state is charged tax so i have no choice. Any way was that really needed? i was just stating if your state requires it by law you are supposed to report any purchases you did not get taxed on. i for one enjoy have nice roads and other tax funeded projects.

"A friend with weed is a friend indeed, a friend with dill weed must be in a pickle."  Hello all, I myself could use some advice.  I preordered the PS4 back in June on Amazon.  Last month I dislocated my elbow and without insurance havn't been able to do much aside from a couple x-rays and treatments which has made me completly broke.  I really need to fix my elbow and surgery seems to be the answer.  I decided I can't afford the PS4 and could really use some extra money so I listed it on an Ebay auction.  I made one of the drop shipping/change Amazon shipping address listings that have been trending.  The buyer has a 3 year old account with 100% feedback.  I made a listing that followed all of Ebays pre-order guidelines and one that covered my ass.  EXCEPT for the "must have signature confirmation with $250+ orders."   Since Amazon would be shipping the item directly and I won't ever have it on hand I can't include signature confirmation.   I called Amazon just now and they said they would personally deliver the item.  It sounded kinda sketchy and I will be calling many more times to get as many responses as possible.

My questions is, has anyone ever been able to succesfully get amazon to add signature before the item ships out?  The rep said carrier information is not available to him as of yet.  I read that Nov 13th is prob when the item will ship out from Amazon so I only have 5 days to figure this out.  If I can't find a way to get signature confirmation from Amazon or through whatever carrier will be delivering this to the guy who won my Auction then I will be cancelling the whole Ebay listing and eating the neg. feedback.  This will suck because my Ebay account is 11 years old with perfect feedback from selling odds and ends.  I know this thread has had many people already warn people like me that there is a good chance I could be scammed and lose the $430 I will be charged for this PS4.  But I figure as long as I can figure out a way to get signature confirmation then I will be safe.  The fact that I have talked back and forth a few times with the winner of the listing makes me feel more confortable too.

Wow NCIX are being  tools with their PS4 preorders.

"Thank you for your preorder of PS4 sku 85519. Please note we will not be getting enough stand alone PS4 units; therefore, we are offering you the first chance to switch over to our current bundle deal sku 91431 (Sony PS4 Hardware BUNDLE-PLAYSTATION 4+ 2 CONTORL+KILLZONE Shadow FALL+49.99 Playstation Plus ). Please note this bundle deal is higher in price then your stand alone unit $569.99 vs. $399.99; however, If you wished to switch over you are locked in for one. It may or may not be shipped on launch date due to where you are on the current pre order list, but you are locked in for one at the latest will ship by first week of Dec. 2013."

Sounds like they are deciding they don't want to sell just the PS4 and now want to upsell you on a bundle. If you don't take it - then you get nothing.

So after watching the Xbox one dash demo, I have to say it is quite slick and has a lot of great features... but honestly that is the only thing that makes me jealous of it.  To me now the Xbox is an entertainment console, and the PS4 is a gaming console.  I want a gaming console!  I already have something for each thing the Xbox does, the Xbox just puts it into one and makes it easier to use.  But I am not willing to spend $500 on something like that

I would rather pay the $400 for my PS4 and play games!

So after watching the Xbox one dash demo, I have to say it is quite slick and has a lot of great features... but honestly that is the only thing that makes me jealous of it. To me now the Xbox is an entertainment console, and the PS4 is a gaming console. I want a gaming console! I already have something for each thing the Xbox does, the Xbox just puts it into one and makes it easier to use. But I am not willing to spend $500 on something like that

I agree it does look interesting and ill probably end up with one sooner or later. I just can't get over the fact that's its essentialy a brick until you do over a 3 gig update.

So after watching the Xbox one dash demo, I have to say it is quite slick and has a lot of great features... but honestly that is the only thing that makes me jealous of it. To me now the Xbox is an entertainment console, and the PS4 is a gaming console. I want a gaming console! I already have something for each thing the Xbox does, the Xbox just puts it into one and makes it easier to use. But I am not willing to spend $500 on something like that

The Xbox does look pretty sweet and it does have a better launch offering of games imo, but with all the paywalls and rumored technical shortcomings, I think the PS4 will give you a better experience over time for less money.

I agree it does look interesting and ill probably end up with one sooner or later. I just can't get over the fact that's its essentialy a brick until you do over a 3 gig update.
And to think just a week ago Xbox fan boys were flaming the PS4 for not being able to play DVDs or Blu rays without a patch :p

Why do these updates matter?

Seriously in this day and age if you do not have a solid internet connection... you should seriously bite the bullet and upgrade already. I am in no way worried for this. They said it should take about 15-20 minutes to DL. I would hope that with their insanely new servers across the world and with my good connection it should realistically take about 10 minutes.

And on a PS4 thread of all places to complain about an update...? I have lost desire in playing games at times when sitting and waiting for my PS3 to update!

I love how at amazon they were all stacked nice and neat on the pallets and at walmart they look like they were just thrown on there.

Damn walmart distribution center
The difference between an internal distribution network (Walmart) and and end user distribution center (amazon).

For walmart, they could care less how those palettes are stacked, because they are just going on trucks. Making them neat costs money they don't recoup.

For amazon, the neatness means efficiency in picking single units for shipment. Efficiency means time savings, which means money.

Damn, it sucks that free plus wont stack for current members, I think Killzone comes with a 7 day trial as well.

Just picked up the DS4 at Best Buy. Feels good but will certainly take me a little bit of playtime to get used to coming from Xbox for so long. Can't wait to actually get to play something with this thing! Also picked up my pre-order of Killzone as well and got my $12 discount for GCU, already feels like I'm winning with deals so far this next gen!

I plan to deep clean my gaming setup on Monday. I want my PS4 and Xbox One to feel like their joining a loving family, not a house of slobs lol.

Personally I don't mind paying taxes since there are a necessity to fund state projects (and I live in Illinois so Springfield needs the money). I know it isn't the cheap ass way but I try to do my part.

Just saw on Amazons site that someone mentioned that the description of the PS4 shipping, is that it comes in its own box, and they said it means there will be no shipping box, just the PS4... anyone else know about this, I don't want just my PS4 box to sit on the porch with everyone knowing what it is!!!

Just saw on Amazons site that someone mentioned that the description of the PS4 shipping, is that it comes in its own box, and they said it means there will be no shipping box, just the PS4... anyone else know about this, I don't want just my PS4 box to sit on the porch with everyone knowing what it is!!!
If that's the case, I am prepared to wake up early and park my ass out on my front porch...impatiently waiting. Grab a chair, PS Vita, energy drink and I am set lol.

If that's the case, I am prepared to wake up early and park my ass out on my front porch...impatiently waiting. Grab a chair, PS Vita, energy drink and I am set lol.
I'd like to do the same...except they are now predicting a decent sized snowstorm for my area Thursday into Friday. If that's the case...I'll just watch out my window. Frostbite would seriously effect my ability to play next weekend. Besides, I don't want the ups gut to have a heart attack and drop the box when the "snowman" on my porch starts moving and talking....

That sucks if true. But on the bright side it could mean a good amount of returns because the box is damaged a little bit. Which is good for the Amazon Warehouse shoppers :)

If true, I will lose all faith in Amazon.

Amazon better not fucking do this, are they insane?! I guarantee a ton of these will get stolen or "lost" if they do. So stupid!!!

Especially with that convenient pro stealing handle on the box.
I know!, they have done this before in the past with those Portal Gun replicas so I'm worried as fuck now, they just slapped a shipping sticker right on the box. Mine was delivered but the box was beat to crap, I'm pretty sure it didn't get stolen cause nobody knew wtf it was, but if they do this with the PS4 I might not be so lucky.

bread's done
Back