PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

What do you guys think: Ghosts or BF4?
just depends type of game you like. If you like a run and gun game and alot of face to face gun battle then ghost is for you. If you like alot of team work involved to win and tanks and trucks and plans and bigger maps bf is for you. It's really impossible to compare those two seeing they are complete diff kind of games.

for me i do both games

Anyone else with pre-orders through Bestbuy stop getting authorizations on their credit card?  My order is showing as "Payment Validated", but my credit card doesn't seem to be getting authorized anymore.  Also, since I preordered via Bestbuy dot com does anyone know whether I can still go to the midnight opening and pick up my system or am I going to have to wait until the "order" is ready for pick-up before getting it?

Dammit I have Amazon PS4 Game Pre-order's but none are launch games since i got in on the TRU 20% deal and the others arent Launch games any more and I didn't get a B1G1 coupon. I even have my PS4 preordered from them. :(

So my brother told me last minute that he wants a PS4 and I'm trying to figure out which is the best option for waiting in line for? I have thursday off and I don't mind waiting in line. 

Unless someone has a PS4 order from Amazon they don't want? 

I'm trying to figure out how that would work out though o.o

Last edited by a moderator:
My dumb arse got a speeding ticket today.  I'm punishing myself by canceling my PS4 pre-order.  May the odds be ever in your favor, should you be in line with Amazon for one.

Go ask in the thread specifically for the codes - I think a few people have tried pre-ordering today to see what would happen.
I preordered, canned it because I thought Amazon was doing a B2G1 and then re-ordered a game around 12. I will see what happens. I know when the sale hits they will be gone in 5 mins so I don't want to even bother since that would require me to be there and waiting at 12 while at work which I know wont happen, lol.

FYI, Target & Best Buy in Norther Virginia, Prince William area will be having additional PS4 for those that didn't preorder.  At least in Target they said they wouldn't make you camp out, they would check the line and tell the first people they had theirs secure for opening next morning.  They stated they would have around 20 PS4s available.  Not sure how many Best buy would have.

Anyone know what kind of stock Target is getting on games?

Is it going to be a ton of games or will it be if I don't get there friday at 10 AM they will be all gone?

Anyone know what kind of stock Target is getting on games?

Is it going to be a ton of games or will it be if I don't get there friday at 10 AM they will be all gone?
I've read people claim there would be "50x of each title per store", but right now it is looking pretty low. Like Killzone seems to be 6 per store, with Knack in the 2 - 3 range.

I've read people claim there would be "50x of each title per store", but right now it is looking pretty low. Like Killzone seems to be 6 per store, with Knack in the 2 - 3 range.
Ouch, not going to chance Target with a B2G1 sale then, by the time I get there, they will probably be cleaned out.

Ouch, not going to chance Target with a B2G1 sale then, by the time I get there, they will probably be cleaned out.
I got lucky and got them to do the deal for me online as a "one time" override. So if they don't have what I want on Tuesday/Friday at least I know I will still be getting them. I'll miss out on trying for the additional 30% off but I'm okay with that in the long run. I'm going to probably be in the hospital most of Tuesday doing tests and such (unless they get rescheduled) so it was highly unlikely I was going to get to Target until way later in the day.

Target isn't worth it due to all the confusion anyway. So many stores are doing so many different things, that you could spend hours without getting a copy, be first in line on Friday and still miss out because of stupidity. Like, I can understand keeping some for launch, but what sense does it make to turn down sales today, just for the promise of sales tomorrow.

Target isn't worth it due to all the confusion anyway. So many stores are doing so many different things, that you could spend hours without getting a copy, be first in line on Friday and still miss out because of stupidity. Like, I can understand keeping some for launch, but what sense does it make to turn down sales today, just for the promise of sales tomorrow.
Yeah this whole situation is very weird. Some games coming out at different dates. I could imagine on friday all the confusion and anger when x game has been sold out before launch or they have 2 copies because everyone bought them early.

Yeah this whole situation is very weird. Some games coming out at different dates. I could imagine on friday all the confusion and anger when x game has been sold out before launch or they have 2 copies because everyone bought them early.
Honestly, they would have been better off if they kept EVERYTHING for Friday and put a street date in the system. Sure people would still get rejected, but that would remove all the confusion / doubt / drama attached.

Question: Does anyone know when BB made the PS4 available fore preorder in-store? I know I preordered one but lost the receipt. I do a lot of purchases through BB and I'd like a timeframe of which dates to look through in my RZ account so I can pull up the receipt digitally
I did mine online so as a reference my pre-order was done on June 22nd. When you look up the Reward Zone account the description if the transaction state specifically "pre-order transaction" so it should be relatively easy for you to find.

Just sold my pre-order card from Target to a couple on CL for $135. I already have two pre-ordered on Amazon so I had no need for it. 

Wasn't planning on selling it and was going to cancel the pre-order but getting money for it is even better.

Question: Does anyone know when BB made the PS4 available fore preorder in-store? I know I preordered one but lost the receipt. I do a lot of purchases through BB and I'd like a timeframe of which dates to look through in my RZ account so I can pull up the receipt digitally
June 11 is when they started taking preorders

Got a shipping notice from Amazon for my copy of Killzone I ordered along with my Knack bundle. Don't see a point of shipping it to me before the console, but I guess I can stare at it for 3 days.

would you rather take a chance on not having it by Friday?

If they ordered it with the system, then in theory, they would both arrive at the same time, in the same package and in turn, your point is moot.
Yeah I just figured it would be in the same box. I ordered the Knack bundle, so there will already be a game in there anyway. No big deal, and at least it confirms my credit card is good. ;)

The people who made TrueAchievements have now made a TrueTrophies site, allowing members to track and compare their trophies obtained.  The site also allows you to find other people to play with, which might be very valuable for a new system, since your friends on current generation systems might not all be buying a PlayStation 4.

You can also make groups, so someone can get a CAG group started to make it easier for people from this site to find each other to play with. 

I don't really enjoy promoting these sorts of sites, as they seem to encourage the wrong type of play, but they can be very useful for finding cooperative players if you can't find any (especially with older or smaller titles).

I was kinda worried since my pre-order for Knack was already shipped I wasn't gonna be able to take advantage of the B2G1 but then I check my e-mail and they sent me the code for the BOGO.

This is why I love amazon. ^.^

After seeing what happened to Target this week, there's no way people end up with early shipments, right?

On the other hand, on my pre-order, it says delivery estimate - Nov 12-15.

Hey, quick question...is anyone who pre-ordered at GameStop in-store worried about not getting their console? I have not pre-ordered a console since the Dreamcast back in '99, so I am not sure how the 360, PS3, Wii, and Wii U launches went. Just curious if anyone has any info. 

bread's done
Back