PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I don't think my PS4 is coming early, even though it is shipped. FedEx has the package and it is just sitting there at the facility not moving for 2 days. I ordered it from the Sony Store and it seems like they have instructed FedEx to just hold it there. Package weighs 9.9 pounds by the way for those who want to know. I guess it was too good to be true, it would had been ironic if Sony themselves broke street date anyways.
They can do that and specify a strict delivery day. I've had it happen a couple times before, and given that it is the Sony Store, it makes sense.

that seller was me and no I did not change or contact amazon to change the info. I pm'ed you the info back I'm still baffled as to why amazon would even do something like that.

Edit: wait so you changed your email and it moved your ps4 pre order to your new account? That's fucking weird if you need me to do anything more on my side let me know bro.
Wow you guys did that wrong! You should of had him just pay you in a giftcard, you pay off the system and change the shipping address to him... you didn't need to sell the Amazon account! Good luck getting that one figured out... nothing you can do except try and find another way to get the PS4 cause it's gone! Add in the fact that you can't get help from customer service because have fun telling them what you did, which isn't allowed. The thing I recommended isn't even allowed however it is easier to accomplish

They can do that and specify a strict delivery day. I've had it happen a couple times before, and given that it is the Sony Store, it makes sense.
One hundred percent correct! I am sure all shippers are getting a strict do not deliver before Nov 15th. That is why it is sitting there!

If anyone else preordered Killzone Shadow Fall from Best Buy, here is a heads up about their pre-order bonus (which I didn't know i would be getting).  I got a code to redeem the following:

Shadow Pack Pre-Order Bonus

Dominate the flow of combat and fight on your own terms with the exclusive extras you'll unlock when you pre-order Killzone: Shadow Fall for PS4.
Shadow Pack includes:

• OWL Skins — customize your OWL Combat Drone's appearance
  • Spotlight Move — humiliate your fallen enemies in multiplayer mode
  • Official Soundtrack — listen to the epic cinematic score

Last edited by a moderator:
So how much cold hard cash have you guys actually had to part with for your ps4 and games being that this is cag. Between deals I've found and trade ins I've ended up with my ps4 console an extra controller and 7 games for only $330 out of pocket

I am ready. Going to walmart around 7AM Friday morning to pickup my system I preordered on 8/24.

hu9utypa.jpg

2u6a9yme.jpg

edereqe4.jpg

4ezumura.jpg

6u3abapu.jpg

So how much cold hard cash have you guys actually had to part with for your ps4 and games being that this is cag. Between deals I've found and trade ins I've ended up with my ps4 console an extra controller and 7 games for only $330 out of pocket

If I did my math correctly...$0. I'm using gift cards, did some trade ins and reward points. Only thing I'm paying for would be the games and extra controller.

If I did my math correctly...$0. I'm using gift cards, did some trade ins and reward points. Only thing I'm paying for would be the games and extra controller.

Nice and I thought I was doing pretty well at $330 you guys blow me out of the water haha

I spent about $150 of pocket recently to get enough credit through BBY trade ins and that's where I'll get my PS4. Otherwise I traded in stuff to AMZ and got an extra DS4 and Knack and Killzone for about $40 out of pocket. Not bad considering it was mostly old games I traded in and the money I spent was for buying and trading in new games.

Paid mine off at Walmart this am. Be there at midnight Thursday to get it. Also ordereded my games from amazon will be here Thursday.
I sold 5 gallon buckets to pay for my ps4. Lol. Was right around 1200 buckets. Plus I had no cost in the buckets since they came from my work

Feel free to add me as well if anyone wants...Borma420.  Killzone and Ghosts for me, also bought a Vita couple weeks ago. After my debacle of not getting the B1G1 coupon from Amazon, from pre-ordering Ghosts a month ago, the Amazon CS rep refunded my Ghosts order..even though I get to keep it. Used that for KZ, so in a way I ended up with B1G1. So excited. I still need a camera. Only thing for me left to worry about is I had the Watch Dogs bundle while back, when it was delayed, Amazon changed mine to a Launch Bundle. This was around the time people were mentioning their Launch Bundles on Amazon were leading them to the page with PS4+ 2 controller bundle. After talking with Amazon CS that day, I was told I would be receiving not 1, but 2 controllers. I still get a weird feeling mine will only come with 1. lol

Traded in my iPhone 4S for $435 at gamestop. Remainder and some credit got me an extra controller too.

Used credit at amazon (and they buy 1 get 1) to get ass creed and madden for free.

So $0 for system, 2 games and a controller.

:)

I don't have a PS4 preordered, but am still excited for the launch for some reason, lol.  Might drive to a few stores on Friday and see if I find one, if not, no big deal as I'll have an xb1 the following week and will pick up the PS4 eventually.  One thing that I am reminded of is how golden Craigslist is leading up to a console launch and the weeks after.  Just some epic posts there right now.  Gotta love people selling PS4s for $1200 or trying to get you to paypal them money to switch the address on their amazon pre-order.  Guess I'm just reminding everyone to be careful out there, if you miss out on the launch windows the systems will be in stock soon enough.  No need to overpay or risk getting scammed for one.

Seems like ebay auctions are slowly dropping. Pre-orders without any games are only hitting $600 half of the time. Apperantley there will be enough consoles to reach early demand.

If you consider the trade-in credit, shouldn't you include your original purchase price of the items being traded in (games, iPhone etc.)?

Or do as: MSRP - Flip Profit

Traded in my iPhone 4S for $435 at gamestop. Remainder and some credit got me an extra controller too.

Used credit at amazon (and they buy 1 get 1) to get ass creed and madden for free.

So $0 for system, 2 games and a controller.

:)
Wow! you got a $435 for a iphone 4s. thats almost retail for a 2 gen old phone. nice score. wish my wife would had let me sell her instead of giving it to the kids. hahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0h3T_Y9B0Y

Cool tech demo, but for a PC gamer like myself we kind of snicker remembering back in 2007 when Crysis looked this good.  It's always interesting to do a retrospective on how far hardware has come though.  You can essentially look at modern PC games right now on the highest settings to get a feel for what the next generation of consoles will look like also and that line of scrimmage is getting smaller.

Oh and the music is from the KZ OST.  Sounds sick.

Just realized I made a horrible mistake. My Amazon order is being shipped to my home address instead of my university address. Not the end of the world since I could drive out and get it on Friday, but it is definitely inconvenient. If I change my Shipping Address now, will it move me to the back of the line? That is, will I not get the console on launch?

has the amazon launch edition ps4 shipped yet for anyone or changed to shipping soon? i ordered mine way back in february and nothing's changed yet. even the price still says $1000.

i want to know if anyone's order status has changed to shipping soon since the ps4 is supposed to be delivered on friday. i pre-ordered mine back in february when it was up for a short period of time and the place holder price was $1000 and the price still haven't changed for me yet.

That's because they don't take items that require attachments anymore.
Trying really, really hard not to make a joke here that would rightfully get the mods upset.

$0 on the console, extra controller, NFS Rivals, and NBA 2K14 from Amazon. ~$40 for Knack and AC4. It's funny that a week ago I was trying to find something to buy for the B2G1 just so I had something to justify having the system and now I've got four games.

has the amazon launch edition ps4 shipped yet for anyone or changed to shipping soon? i ordered mine way back in february and nothing's changed yet. even the price still says $1000.
I'm pretty sure others have mentioned their order updated the price when the price was officially set, you should contact amazon to make sure they don't charge you more than double.

I really like how Sony is promoting the PS4 between a b2g1, $5 for buying something off their new digital Amazon branch, the $30 DS4 trade in promo, 30 day psplus/$10 with the system and I'm sure something else I'm forgetting, you can tell they REALLY want to make buying a PS4 seem like the best choice. I can't say the same for the Xbone, though I still want one.

I preordered on June 10th during the sony e3 announcement as soon as the page went live on amazon. My order still says "not yet shipped" and it is a launch ps4 with no bundle.... I live 90 miles from the local amazon warehouse, so I am cautiously optimistic about it changing status tonight.

I really like how Sony is promoting the PS4 between a b2g1, $5 for buying something off their new digital Amazon branch, the $30 DS4 trade in promo, 30 day psplus/$10 with the system and I'm sure something else I'm forgetting, you can tell they REALLY want to make buying a PS4 seem like the best choice. I can't say the same for the Xbone, though I still want one.
They're certainly doing a good job with it! Got four games for about the cost gap of the Kinect. Then there's the $30 PS+ on black Friday and planning to grab at least two of those.

Here is the sad part, I only want an Xbox one for the new features with Tv and multitasking as well as recording and the such... But as far as straight up gaming.. The PS4 was my only choice. Microsoft seems focused on becoming the center of the living room, while Sony is focused on the games. You saw that at the end of this gen, Sony had the amazing exclusives, while Xbox's dried up and they seemed to focus on the dash and the new multimedia apps and such. You see it in the next gen, they are really harping on the all in one TV, DVR, and the like. Where as Sony is focusing on games and the next year already has announced a bunch of solid exclusives, with more to be announced soon. That is the big difference!

Here is the sad part, I only want an Xbox one for the new features with Tv and multitasking as well as recording and the such... But as far as straight up gaming.. The PS4 was my only choice. Microsoft seems focused on becoming the center of the living room, while Sony is focused on the games. You saw that at the end of this gen, Sony had the amazing exclusives, while Xbox's dried up and they seemed to focus on the dash and the new multimedia apps and such. You see it in the next gen, they are really harping on the all in one TV, DVR, and the like. Where as Sony is focusing on games and the next year already has announced a bunch of solid exclusives, with more to be announced soon. That is the big difference!
Similar dliemma. I like some of the launch games on XB1. After that, it's Titanfall and Halo 5 that interest me. Still not sure on the XB1 pre-order. I wish MS would allow a full slate of reviews. I feel very comfortable withe PS4, though. Pretty excited.

Trying really, really hard not to make a joke here that would rightfully get the mods upset.

$0 on the console, extra controller, NFS Rivals, and NBA 2K14 from Amazon. ~$40 for Knack and AC4. It's funny that a week ago I was trying to find something to buy for the B2G1 just so I had something to justify having the system and now I've got four games.
Well now you have to say it. That's as annoying as "Guess what? Oh, never mind".

I'm pretty sure others have mentioned their order updated the price when the price was officially set, you should contact amazon to make sure they don't charge you more than double.
not worry about the price since that can be corrected easily. only thing i'm worried about is not receiving my ps4.

Just realized I made a horrible mistake. My Amazon order is being shipped to my home address instead of my university address. Not the end of the world since I could drive out and get it on Friday, but it is definitely inconvenient. If I change my Shipping Address now, will it move me to the back of the line? That is, will I not get the console on launch?
Contacted Amazon support via Chat and spoke with a supervisor to confirm that changing address does not affect delivery date. Wanted to make sure I at least had them on file saying that. But they changed the address on their end and confirmed the launch day delivery. So I should be all good!

bread's done
Back