PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Is the disc holder bit in the PS4 cases really bad or something.
Well it's really easy to release the disc. I was able to release the disc while squeezing the middle of the case while it was closed. I compared it to a PS3 case and the PS3 case took more force to release than a PS4 case.

Wii U sold 3.6 million units before the September price cut and is now sitting at 3.9 million units. Sales tripled in US during Sept from 30k to 100k and went up 685% in the UK. Japan alone saw a huge boost in sales with new bundles last week. Wii U could very easily sell 1-2 million units worldwide just during November/December (though I'd bet on 1 million to be safe) so I think Nintendo will likely have 5 million or so by the new year globally.

With Donkey Kong Country in February and possibly Mario Kart 8 in late March (its spring after all) the Wii U could easily maintain 100k+ per month in the US at least and I wouldn't be suprised if we're seeing it in the 6m-8.5m range by E3 total.
Right, just pointing out it's taken Nintendo over a year to sell 4m, Sony has goals of 5m by march. So production and supply numbers really can't be compared. It's promising to see sony thinks they can produce and sell that many within 4 months of launch.

What is everyones pre order status from Best buy. Mine says payment validated. Do people have the same status or are their orders being prepared. I hope best buy doesn't screw me out of a ps4...

1391925_386525984812014_1745201703_n.jpg

1450067_386525978145348_1648372616_n.jpg

1460196_386526011478678_440635186_n.jpg

Amazon Fulfillment Center preparing for its Release-Date Delivery of the Sony PlayStation 4 on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013 in Phoenix, Ariz. (Rick Scuteri/AP Images for Amazon) AP IMAGES FOR AMAZON

Those Amazon pictures are amazing! So many friggin PS4's. Just checked my Amazon preorder from June 10, still hasn't shipped. 

Those Amazon pictures are amazing! So many friggin PS4's. Just checked my Amazon preorder from June 10, still hasn't shipped.

That's a beautiful looking warehouse. I'm always fascinated by the logistics that go into large scale operations like that. I really wish Sony would make ther consoles fit inside 12" x 12" x 12" boxes like the Xbox (without Kinect) does.

Instead the PS4 is wide/long but not very tall and it makes finding a good shipping box that much more challenging.

That's a beautiful looking warehouse. I'm always fascinated by the logistics that go into large scale operations like that. I really wish Sony would make ther consoles fit inside 12" x 12" x 12" boxes like the Xbox (without Kinect) does.

Instead the PS4 is wide/long but not very tall and it makes finding a good shipping box that much more challenging.
Also makes finding a home for it on my TV stand much more challenging.

1391925_386525984812014_1745201703_n.jpg

1450067_386525978145348_1648372616_n.jpg

1460196_386526011478678_440635186_n.jpg

Amazon Fulfillment Center preparing for its Release-Date Delivery of the Sony PlayStation 4 on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013 in Phoenix, Ariz. (Rick Scuteri/AP Images for Amazon) AP IMAGES FOR AMAZON
Damn, PS4 taking the entire warehouse. Makes me wonder where amazon store all the other 500,00 items they sell.

i might be the only one with this opinion, but i actually liked that the ps4 is much smaller in size compare to the ps3. As oppose to the dvr size xbone.
I don't think it's a bad size, just doesn't accommodate my setup very well. These shelves are just annoying and have so much wasted space.

Those shots are awesome, htz! Serious question how hard would it be to swipe one of those bad boys if you worked there?

I have a feeling they have extremely tight security.

Last edited by a moderator:
My launch edition, placed on June 10 (during the sony e3 conferencece), still has "not yet shipped" :(
Min either, and I used super saver shipping and it says to expect it the 21st. Glad I preordered at Best Buy also cause that's not acceptable.

Min either, and I used super saver shipping and it says to expect it the 21st. Glad I preordered at Best Buy also cause that's not acceptable.
... like you said... you used super saver. The people having theirs shipped now are those who have prime, or chose two day shipping and the like. You however, chose the shipping method where it usually takes two days or so... just to process. After which it will be shipped the cheapest method possible. You can expect it to ship some time on the 15th or so, and for it to arrive sometime *gasp* on the 21st...

I'm still in the "Not Shipped" stage and I have a Launch Edition with 2 day prime. Not worried though as I've had things ship the day before release and still got it on time.

These two still wow me the most from neogaf.
Those are awesome, but this one will always be my fave.

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

In that Amazon packaging video, I think I saw one of the guys put a slip or some sort before finish the packaging, but the others didn't. Is it a special code for something?

I had one pre ordered at BBY and one at Gamestop. It looks like both will be arriving but i dont really need 2. Just did it to be safe. Are these things actually gonna be hard to find? Im wondering if i should just get my money back for the gamestop one or maybe resell it or something

So you used the slow shipping method where it was clear it wouldn't arrive on time, as they aren't going to let these things into the mail 5-7 days early, but now find it unacceptable it will arrive in 5-7 days, exactly as they said it would?

Never gotten a console from Amazon, and I am drop shipping my ps4 to a ebayer, but ive had many things basically one day shipped to me with release day delivery...

Its wednesday at 6 am, calm down it should ship today or early tomorrow, dont assume it isnt coming

Optimism>pessimism

PS4 is in shipping now.

Injustice has a 21 GB Min Install if anyone is wondering. My Lego Marvel has not changed shipping state but I know it's coming. Although I know it's not going to happen, oh if Amazon could get my console to me a day early.

My ps4 still aint shipped yet but there are a few warehouses pretty close by to me. 2 day prime shipping so if I dont get it friday ima complain and get it for even cheaper. Long as it ships today should be good though.

bread's done
Back