PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

OMG, OMG, OMG...mine shipped from PA this morning!!

after work i think i'm gonna go non-preorder-people watching at BB and Gamestop

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's a REALLY good guess. :)
Know what would be MIND-BLOWING for reals?
policenauts_02b-540x230.jpg

for those who ordered from amazon, what shipping speed did amazon use for you? I see ground shopping on mine so now I'm worried it won't arrive Friday
I used Two-day shipping, which Amazon said would allow it to arrive tomorrow. Even if you chose the "Launch Edition," that only means you are given the option to get it on launch if you upgrade your shipping. Standard shipping said it would arrive on Monday for me.

I used Two-day shipping, which Amazon said would allow it to arrive tomorrow. Even if you chose the "Launch Edition," that only means you are given the option to get it on launch if you upgrade your shipping. Standard shipping said it would arrive on Monday for me.
I used Two Day shipping as well. On the UPS tracking page, it says UPS ground though

Know what would be MIND-BLOWING for reals?
policenauts_02b-540x230.jpg

LOL...I'd prefer a new, good, Parasite Eve. But that's definitely not "space" related.

I suppose it could be a new Jax game, too....but Zone of Enders is, so far, the most likely suggestion I've seen.

for those who ordered from amazon, what shipping speed did amazon use for you? I see ground shopping on mine so now I'm worried it won't arrive Friday
Almost everything I've bought from amazon, recently, has gone out UPS Ground (with Prime Shipping) and has arrived the next day.

The one exception is NFS:Rivals, which went out FedExSmartpost, shipped today, and is slated to arrive Saturday.

Tomorrow, arriving at my house, that was shipped out this morning (or, at least, after 11 PM last night), all UPS Ground:

Hard Drive

Lego Marvel Heroes

3ds XL

I wouldn't worry too much..so long as it's coming from someplace relatively close to you.

Mine has been in the "Preparing for Shipment" status all morning. Already have the pending charge on my CC, just want it to ship soo badly..

LOL...I'd prefer a new, good, Parasite Eve. But that's definitely not "space" related.

I suppose it could be a new Jax game, too....but Zone of Enders is, so far, the most likely suggestion I've seen.
I think we might see A Colony Wars game.

Mine has been in the "Preparing for Shipment" status all morning. Already have the pending charge on my CC, just want it to ship soo badly..
Mine's was in that state for quite awhile this morning, and has been "shipping now" since around 10 AM.

I think we might see A Colony Wars game.
With Sony Liverpool (formerly Psygnosis) closed not that long ago...I'm not sure. You would think, assuming release sometime in the next year, they would have had to have started development prior to that point. I guess it's possible Sony could have taken possession of the IP and given control of it to someone else.

Been Preparing for Shipment since 8 this morning...starting to get nervous.

Lego Marvel and Killzone shipped, but AC4 has been Now Shipping for almost 24 hours. All 3 bought in the B2G1 at noon.

I used My Choice from UPS to have them hold my system at my local office (less than 5 miles away). I never used the service before but the UPS deliveries in my area are crazy inconsistent. I "should" be able to pick it up tomorrow at 9:30am. Killzone, AC4 and Battlefield 4 are waiting..

IGN is reporting on the wobbling issue being true, for those who receive it early please provide some insight for late adopters.
Yeah, it definitely wobbles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cZjmx7qfM

There isn't a little leg pad on the one corner, it's in the middle, so the front corner wobbles when you push down on it, though I'm not sure why you'd ever do that.

Killzone Shadowfall just arrived. Oddly enough Assassin's Creed 4 hasn't despite coming from Amazon as well and being scheduled to arrive today. Don't want to open case until I get my system in case something goes wrong. Unfortunately I can hear the disc moving around which makes me think it wasn't secured right.

Killzone Shadowfall just arrived. Oddly enough Assassin's Creed 4 hasn't despite coming from Amazon as well and being scheduled to arrive today. Don't want to open case until I get my system in case something goes wrong. Unfortunately I can hear the disc moving around which makes me think it wasn't secured right.
My copy of Knack came like that too.

Spoke too soon. AC4 just arrived from USPS, sounds like it's in the case at least.  Also I hate this holiday hiring for UPS. I just grabbed Killzone off my porch because the guy never rang the doorbell or anything, thankfully i'm signed up to Mychoice and just got the email telling me it was delivered at 1:22.

So who's gonna play Battlefield with me tomorrow?  Or should I say, who's gonna play Ghosts with me after the Battlefield servers fail?  :booty:

If the wobble bothers you just buy some of those rubber feet and place it on the corners that don't have them. Problem solved.

That's weird, my Newegg Fedex standard overnight status is showing as scheduled for Saturday according to Packagetrackr.com, but Fedex tracking estimates it for tomorrow.  I hope Fedex.com is correct because standard overnight doesn't come on Saturday, so it would get pushed to Monday, IIRC.

So when it comes to the Twitch streaming, can you also do commentary on the streams with the headset that comes with the PS4?  Does it also do permanent video capture or just live streaming?  Sorry if these are dumb questions, I know next to nothing about streaming.

So when it comes to the Twitch streaming, can you also do commentary on the streams with the headset that comes with the PS4? Does it also do permanent video capture or just live streaming? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I know next to nothing about streaming.
I'm wondering too? I know the camera will do picture in picture and record your voice, but if I just want voice can I use the PS headset and just show video footage? Looking forward to trying to do some streams and such. Really wish they would let us archive streams to youtube! Hopefully that will be a feature for later.

Yeah, it definitely wobbles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cZjmx7qfM

There isn't a little leg pad on the one corner, it's in the middle, so the front corner wobbles when you push down on it, though I'm not sure why you'd ever do that.
That video is hilarious - I guess people have to find fault in something with every new piece of electronics. Also the "FIXED!" text on the post it made me chuckle.

But I like to deliberately press down on my consoles. It gives me joy.

The wobble does not.
Would you come over and press on my console, just so it doesn't feel left out? Please?

when i was just out went best gamestop and best buy and ZERO people are in line. Looks like at least in my area the people that wanted a ps4 pre order one.

when i was just out went best gamestop and best buy and ZERO people are in line. Looks like at least in my area the people that wanted a ps4 pre order one.
Are all the Gamestops going to be ringing up customers starting at 6pm? My local gamestop said they won't be giving out line numbers for midnight bc the manage thinks it's dumb

Are all the Gamestops going to be ringing up customers starting at 6pm? My local gamestop said they won't be giving out line numbers for midnight bc the manage thinks it's dumb
my friend pre order a ps4 at gamestop and said he got a call last night to arrive around 6 p.m to pay everything off and get a number

bread's done
Back