PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Nothing at all. Seems gamestop didn't plan this out to well. I essentially organized our line asked the employees and they had no plans in place.
Meh, if all the GameStops are like that I might pass... it's not like I'll be up playing tonight since I have to wake up to be at Target at 8 AM to fight for a copy of Lego Marvel Heroes. Assuming they even get it in. They haven't yet and none of the zip codes I've put in to the inventory checker from any place I've lived growing up - Missouri, California, New York, Texas, etc. - has them in stock either...

Killzone and FIFA 14, which I got from the Amazon B2G1 were delivered a couple of hours ago. NBA 2K14 was sent out today along with the PS4. Will pick up tomorrow morning @ the UPS facility since I have no intentions of waiting all day till 6 or 7 PM for them to show up.

Okay, so is the system update the problem? If I refrain from doing the system update 1.50, will that avoid bricking my console?
Reports I've seen say it's not the update, it's that a limited # of ps4s shipped with fragmented hard drives. Suggestion is, pull the hdd, boot the ps4 without it. Power it down. Put hdd back in and do a system restore.

Whether it works or not...no idea.

repair it or send a refurbished. What if your system breaks 2 times? you are done my friend after the first problem. It is your call.
Huh? Why would Sony not honor the warranty a second time if your system breaks twice...? The FAQ says nothing about the warranty only being good once.

Woot number 16. Gonna cruise up right at 11:50. Gonna be busy watching the Colts game anyway
Damn Trent richardson. He needs to step up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? Why would Sony not honor the warranty a second time if your system breaks twice...? The FAQ says nothing about the warranty only being good once.

Damn Trent richardson. He needs to step up!
Bestbuy will not honor the second time. Sony will honor how many times you need. This is the difference

Mine went from shipping soon to shipping now.

I don't know anything about hard drives, but if the problem is bad hard drives...could I kill two birds with one stone by just replacing it with a new one with more storage? Is there a specific type of hard drive I'd need to buy? Is it difficult to replace the ps4 hard drive?

Also: my buddy just called me...apparently the walmart he's at is letting people literally open up their ps4, hook it to a store tv, and attempt to download the update via Walmart wifi in order to make sure it doesn't brick. Nobody can leave with their console til midnight, but they are letting them test them, writing their names on a paper and taping it to the box, then they get it back at midnight. They aren't selling any of their excess stock until all preorderers who are there by 3 AM leave with a working console. I don't know if all walmarts are doing this, but it makes me wish I preordered at his store. He said they've had people there testing their consoles since around noon, so far he hasn't seen any fail.

Dont bad mouth my cousin :). But seriously, i hope he does tonight
Yeah, I really hope he does too. It's sad when Donald Brown is doing better than him. =/

Mine says shipped, but according to tracking, hasn't even arrived at UPS. I don't live extremely far from where they're shipping it from, but I don't really understand why it would still be at Amazon over 12 hours later. :p I was actually kind of hoping to get it today when I saw they'd supposedly sent it out at 4AM.
Mine said shipped from AZ, but it was magically scanned in CA. I wouldn't worry too much so long as your estimated delivery date is still Nov 15th.

Mine says shipped, but according to tracking, hasn't even arrived at UPS. I don't live extremely far from where they're shipping it from, but I don't really understand why it would still be at Amazon over 12 hours later. :p I was actually kind of hoping to get it today when I saw they'd supposedly sent it out at 4AM.

I'm hoping UPS didn't take it to my aunt's and put it on her porch, like they sometimes do...

I highly doudt this thing is hard drive issue. Most people are saying hdmi port issue. Just by watching that guy on twitch fixing it then having it stop workin after each time would suggest that.

Mine went from shipping soon to shipping now.

I don't know anything about hard drives, but if the problem is bad hard drives...could I kill two birds with one stone by just replacing it with a new one with more storage? Is there a specific type of hard drive I'd need to buy? Is it difficult to replace the ps4 hard drive?
Yup. I picked up a 1tb travels tar, 7200 ram, 9mm height.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097LG9U8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's a link around here somewhere on how to do it. Looks pretty easy. Hardest part looks like downloading the 800 mb recovery file and putting it on a USB drive in the right file structure...and that's pretty easy, too.

Best Buy's warranty is only good once, I think.
Depends on if you've got a service or replacement plan. If service they'll fix it three times and the fourth replace it which necessitates purchasing a new plan. Replacement plan replaces instantly and involves purchasing a new plan, though sometimes they will pro-rate your old plan and return a portion.

I highly doudt this thing is hard drive issue. Most people are saying hdmi port issue. Just by watching that guy on twitch fixing it then having it stop workin after each time would suggest that.
There's a couple of those, too. That's what kotakus was, and looks like maybe the guy on twitch, too. But that just results in no output to your screen.

Ign's and the one the GAFer posted were hdd issues.

bread's done
Back