PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Usually it depends on the area/driver. I would be listening if you can. I never had an item require a signature but then again I live in a rural area and packages are left in a small covered porch that no one would know Amazon left something.
Thanks good call. I also signed up for that my ups so hopefully I'll get a text

Went to the gamestop at 5:20 with my brother. We didnt have preorders but ended up number 4 and 5 in the presale line. Just paid for the system got the receipt and was told to come back for the midnight launch.

Kind of off topic, but I changed the shipping method of an order with Amazon that I had to FREE shipping and the order total didn't update in my orders.

Does it take a while to update?

Just noticed there's only one UPS customer service store in my town. What are the chances they have my PS4? Or is it in a different warehouse? Tracking says in my town right now.

i was happily surprised to find my ps4 waiting at my door this morning, it came from awl-mart, so i never expected it earlier then monday.  happy launch weekend!

Under 1 hour until the Sony press conference thing on Spike. Hopefully they announce some cool new stuff.

Package now at Horsham. God, normally I don't track shit this much but I don't want Amazon to fail me again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by Gamestop after work at ~5 and was able to get in on one! I was surprised that there were so few people just an hour before they'd start pre-selling their non-preorder allocation.

Is there anyway I can pick up my console at the UPS warehouse or a UPS store tomorrow instead of waiting for it to be delivered?  My UPS guy runs at around 6pm and if I can help it I would rather not have to wait as I do not have classes on Fridays.  Thanks guys for the help!

Is there anyway I can pick up my console at the UPS warehouse or a UPS store tomorrow instead of waiting for it to be delivered? My UPS guy runs at around 6pm and if I can help it I would rather not have to wait as I do not have classes on Fridays. Thanks guys for the help!
I would call them. That's what I'm doing tomorrow morning.

Less then 2 hours away till next gen! It sucks that some consoles still havent been shipped out.

Under 1 hour until the Sony press conference thing on Spike. Hopefully they announce some cool new stuff.

Everything shipped from NJ today between 8 and 10. Can't wait.
Looking foward to the stream as well. Im hoping a least one megaton is dropped. :)

Is there anyway I can pick up my console at the UPS warehouse or a UPS store tomorrow instead of waiting for it to be delivered? My UPS guy runs at around 6pm and if I can help it I would rather not have to wait as I do not have classes on Fridays. Thanks guys for the help!
You can sign up for UPS my choice and request to hold it at the local distributor for pick up. That's what I did and I can pick up as early as 7 am. It will give you the address.

Kind of surprised that the two busiest GS stores in this area that had hundreds of people for the GTAV midnight don't have any line at all. Guess they're that serious about getting people paid and on their way so they're not out there all night. BBY looked to have 40-50 people in line though.

Amazon just shipped mine, it's in Indiana and I'm chicago. Says guaranteed by Saturday, but may come tomorrow as I've gotten things early from amazon. I'm hoping tomorrow evening after work fedex drops it off . Can't wait!!!!!

The game on launches has changed. The days of camping out are over. I'd prefer people have to get in line, suffer, and socialize. Granted I'm older now so glad I don't have to...lol. 

Shipped  :bow:  :D/ 

Expected Delivery is tomorrow. Ironically I have work at Best Buy until 8.. :-({|=

... Mine is still Preparing for Shipment as of now.

Edit: Shipped while I was posting! Says tomorrow still :D

AZ here. Just shipped from Amazon. Says its still on track for tomorrow. The Marvel that went from "Shipping Now" to "Pre-Ordered" is still in "Pre-Ordered" but has tracking now so it probably shipped with the PS4.

Kind of surprised that the two busiest GS stores in this area that had hundreds of people for the GTAV midnight don't have any line at all. Guess they're that serious about getting people paid and on their way so they're not out there all night. BBY looked to have 40-50 people in line though.
If you are on the east coast, it's been very cold lately.

Amazon shipped my order with a guaranteed release date of tomorrow but UPS says a delivery by end of the day Monday. Why the different dates?

I know it's just a couple of days but it's bullshit that people who ordered a month or so after me are getting theirs tomorrow(in some cases yesterday) and I was one of the first who ordered and yet I get delayed. It's the principle man!

Probably a dumb question, but how exactly does the signature required work when living at an apartment? All of our packages are left at the office and sorted. We get a slip in our mailboxes that says we have a package, and give that to the employees who then retrieve our packages. I assume that UPS accepts the signatures of the people who work in the office?

Shipped! The combined my marvel Lego and ps4 in one box. From pa. Still says tomorrow. Only about 6 hrs away, so likely.

Probably a dumb question, but how exactly does the signature required work when living at an apartment? All of our packages are left at the office and sorted. We get a slip in our mailboxes that says we have a package, and give that to the employees who then retrieve our packages. I assume that UPS accepts the signatures of the people who work in the office?
Normally they don't. I have ordered from a website that always ships out via UPS with Signature Required and they would NOT let me authorize release nor let my downstairs neighbor sign for it unless if I requested it via MyUPS.

Not 100% on this since your apartment is structured around having a hub inside your apartment but the packages are usually only released to a signature by the name on the shipping label.

It also comes down to how much your driver cares. He/she might not give a damn and just give it over to your apartment regardless of who signs it.

I visited one of my stores where I used to live and they told me they weren't allowed to have a midnight and that they opened at 7am... weird but maybe that's why *shrug*

Turns out Kotaku doesn't know how to insert a HDMI cable correctly. That was the only problem with their PS4. http://n4g.com/news/1394264/good-news-about-kotakus-once-broken-ps4
I hate Kotaku in general and they are idiots.

bread's done
Back