PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Shit, a lot of people here are having problems with the PS4????

DAMN IT. now I am afraid. I got mine yesterday from bestbuy, but was unable to test it because I work today for the whole day. NOW I AM AFRAID

For those that got a faulty unit, where did you get your PS4? Could it be a batch production? Sucks that this is happening. Hope you get your issues resolved.

Shit, a lot of people here are having problems with the PS4????

DAMN IT. now I am afraid. I got mine yesterday from bestbuy, but was unable to test it because I work today for the whole day. NOW I AM AFRAID

I got mine at bestbuy last night as well. Works fine so far.

anyone call sony support today? It's some ridiculous wait times. And for some reason, on a launch day of their console, they turn off chat help on their website? Come on now, this is poor.

The best buy that's 20min away from me had 100 extra supposedly, the Walmart I was at was suppose to have 50 extras but screwed up on the whole "delivery", they had a guy go buy 4 from a different Walmart.

Holy crap... I need to apparently get a new router. Taking about half an hour to download netflix! (27mb) that and for some reason, it keeps erroring out when trying to download it.

anyone call sony support today? It's some ridiculous wait times. And for some reason, on a launch day of their console, they turn off chat help on their website? Come on now, this is poor.
They probably don't want it to get overrun and it's not like Sony isn't getting enough traffic between PSN sign ins, Plus downloads, update downloads, in addition to the usual traffic they get.

I'm still debating if I should pick my pre-order from GS up. Can u guys answer this question, does the system come with a free trial to PS Plus. I'm more interested in Resogun than anything else at the moment. Could I get that game for as long as I have the trial?

PS4 is on it's way to my house. Lego Marvel looks like it should be but I don't know if it will. It fucking better seeing I paid retail and release day prime on it (it's coming via ups so I wont get it saturday either most likely if it doesn't come today).

What is the rule if your prime item doesn't arrive on time?
ZILLLTOOOIIIDDD!

All PS4 console deliveries from Amazon will require a signature.
Except several people have gotten theirs and did not have to sign for it... maybe pay attention to the thread before you spout something off like that. It has been talked about a lot in the last few pages. No one yet has posted that they had to sign, and several people have said UPS just left it there.

I'm still debating if I should pick my pre-order from GS up. Can u guys answer this question, does the system come with a free trial to PS Plus. I'm more interested in Resogun than anything else at the moment. Could I get that game for as long as I have the trial?
yes and yes

Heads up to any NYC Cags still looking. Just got back from Sony on Madison Ave. They have units but I don't know how long that will last. There is a wait outside the store but I didn't have a pre-order and got mine. Call ahead, you don't want to waste a trip if they've run out.

-Spice

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, but uhhhhh...it was the hdmi port on the ps4 that was supposed to be ruining the cables right? Not the ps4 hdmi cables ruining ports? Because I cant get a picture on anything, my 360, ps3, tv, wii u...
Actually it may be the metal problem inside the ps4 hdmi port that is actually damaging ur HDMI cables. So if you plug the cables the ps4 damaged back into the 360 or so it wouldnt work. May just be damaged cables caused by the ps4

Holy crap... I need to apparently get a new router. Taking about half an hour to download netflix! (27mb) that and for some reason, it keeps erroring out when trying to download it.
It's not you, it's them. :)

PSN is having some "slight" problems. I would suggest holding off on downloading anything you don't think you're going to NEED (meaning use on your system) for about 24 to 48 hours. Bet things get a little better once the mass move to DL the firmware update slows down.

I'm going to grab what I need to play my games...and ignore the rest for now.

I'll probably grab Resogun and Contrast at some point....but not out of the gate.

If by freezing ... do people mean dash hangups where transitions between tabs are delayed? I've experienced that on mine, but I've read it results from having an active game suspended. Sounds like some optimization will need to happen in subsequent updates. Growing pains, eh?

All PS4 console deliveries from Amazon will require a signature.
Usually, if it's going to require a siggie, it says so on the UPS tracking info (buried, but there). Mine does not request a siggie.

Now, he might actually ring the bell and ask for one...we'll see. But he doesn't usually.

It's not you, it's them. :)

PSN is having some "slight" problems. I would suggest holding off on downloading anything you don't think you're going to NEED (meaning use on your system) for about 24 to 48 hours. Bet things get a little better once the mass move to DL the firmware update slows down.

I'm going to grab what I need to play my games...and ignore the rest for now.

I'll probably grab Resogun and Contrast at some point....but not out of the gate.
Problem is, Ghosts requires a 737 mb patch to play online and it only downloads a few kb in and then errors out, and unlike netflix, it starts from the beginning every single time.

Except several people have gotten theirs and did not have to sign for it... maybe pay attention to the thread before you spout something off like that. It has been talked about a lot in the last few pages. No one yet has posted that they had to sign, and several people have said UPS just left it there.
This.

Got mine this morning. UPS guy set it down, knocked once, and walked off. No signature required.

So, uh, is there no way to pause downloads on PS4 anymore? I don't want it to constantly eat up my bandwidth.

2 questions:

1) I'm going vertical with my PS4.  Does it REALLY need a stand? Or will it live without one?

2) On the PS+ trial.  I know it doesn't stack with a current membership (must be new PS+ sub).   BUT, will it work the other way?  I have a 1 yr card I've been sitting on since summer (got a good deal via BB).  Can I apply the 1 month free trial and THEN the 1 year card and get, effectively, 13 months?

Background: I have never been a paid PS+ sub.  Only time I had it was when sony gave it to me free for the PSN debacle.

Problem is, Ghosts requires a 737 mb patch to play online and it only downloads a few kb in and then errors out, and unlike netflix, it starts from the beginning every single time.
I saw someone recommend only DLing ONE thing at a time..not sure if you're doing that..since it doesn't que up the DL's. It tries to pull everything at once.

Wonder if your issue is unique to COD patch or not...

I can't find the PlayStation 4 Camera at Target or TRU. Toys R Us is stating they weren't sent any and Target (I checked two locations) doesn't have any out and the employees are stating that must not of gotten any. However I was in on Sunday or Monday and I saw a bunch next to the DS4's.

Now they don't have any and although I suppose they could have sold out it's just that they don't even had a tag for them anywhere.

I'm going to get a $20 PSN card when I get home and get the 36 month accidental coverage for $60. Seems like a good deal I already had about $35 credit and the $10 the system came with. So now I only need a $20 card and it's covered . Might suck having to wait if I have to send it out but at least I won't have any issues doing it hopefully and it will be covered. Do u got to put any info in on ur system if u buy it?

2) On the PS+ trial. I know it doesn't stack with a current membership (must be new PS+ sub). BUT, will it work the other way? I have a 1 yr card I've been sitting on since summer (got a good deal via BB). Can I apply the 1 month free trial and THEN the 1 year card and get, effectively, 13 months?

Background: I have never been a paid PS+ sub. Only time I had it was when sony gave it to me free for the PSN debacle.
Should work fine that way.

Just got off the phone with Sony. They are stating that it will take 3-5 business days to get the box for service, 7-10 business days for them to repair it once they receive it and how over long the standard shipping take. All in all, they said it would be about 20 business days until I get the system back. I guess I will be returning it to Amazon and just keeping an eye out for one.

PS -The HDD fix did not work. 

I'm going to get a $20 PSN card when I get home and get the 36 month accidental coverage for $60. Seems like a good deal I already had about $35 credit and the $10 the system came with. So now I only need a $20 card and it's covered . Might suck having to wait if I have to send it out but at least I won't have any issues doing it hopefully and it will be covered. Do u got to put any info in on ur system if u buy it?
The reason why I think Sony's is the best is because it is three years period! Others are good until you redeem the warrabty, then you have to pay for it again! BB's is a rip considering it doesn't stack, costs more, and is only good one time! I have no experience with Square trade, but I would just rather Sony handle it anyway.

Just got off the phone with Sony. They are stating that it will take 3-5 business days to get the box for service, 7-10 business days for them to repair it once they receive it and how over long the standard shipping take. All in all, they said it would be about 20 business days until I get the system back. I guess I will be returning it to Amazon and just keeping an eye out for one.

PS -The HDD fix did not work.
List it as defective in your Amazon return and they will typically offer you the option of a replacement/swap OR a refund. Not sure with this, but I'm not sure why it would be different.

Doubt it will take them 20 days to get you a new one....but maybe.

I read the last few pages. Could someone who ordered theirs' from Amazon tell me if they had it delivered even though the tracking on UPS' site isn't doing anything?

I can't find the PlayStation 4 Camera at Target or TRU. Toys R Us is stating they weren't sent any and Target (I checked two locations) doesn't have any out and the employees are stating that must not of gotten any. However I was in on Sunday or Monday and I saw a bunch next to the DS4's.

Now they don't have any and although I suppose they could have sold out it's just that they don't even had a tag for them anywhere.
I would check GameStop. The GameStop by me had a whole wall filled with them.

For anyone that got their ps4 already, did it have the "bonuses" that were announced with the $10 credit the 30 days of free ps+ and music unlimited?

is amazon boxing up the PS4 or are they just slapping a label on it? anyone know? I am having it delivered to work
I think Amazon got wind of people complaining about this, and a few days ago they posted a video of them packaging the PS4's in boxes in their warehouses. You are fine.

I saw someone recommend only DLing ONE thing at a time..not sure if you're doing that..since it doesn't que up the DL's. It tries to pull everything at once.

Wonder if your issue is unique to COD patch or not...
Yeah I am attempting the one at a time thing, since I noticed it was trying to pull multiple files at once. Still errors out.

I hate how they didn't implement a way to pause downloads.

For anyone that got their ps4 already, did it have the "bonuses" that were announced with the $10 credit the 30 days of free ps+ and music unlimited?
Yes.

For the Amazon box people, it came in this HUGE box that was filled with the air packet thingies. This is the most overthetop packaging I've seen since I got my nendoroid a while back.

Now I am paranoid. Should I just receive my package from amazon that is coming today as a backup in case my bestbuy ps4 does not work later???

I really don't know what to do... I just don't want to return to amazon and pay for the return shipping costs

bread's done
Back