PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

List it as defective in your Amazon return and they will typically offer you the option of a replacement/swap OR a refund. Not sure with this, but I'm not sure why it would be different.

Doubt it will take them 20 days to get you a new one....but maybe.
I talked to a rep and they do not have the option for "replacement". They can only offer a refund. He said that he does not even have the option available to him. Since its not available on the site they cannot offer the replacement.

Be home if you can and sign up for UPS my choice, because. Even if amazon did not request signature it's ultimately up to the UPS driver to leave or not leave your package. 

2 questions:

1) I'm going vertical with my PS4. Does it REALLY need a stand? Or will it live without one?

2) On the PS+ trial. I know it doesn't stack with a current membership (must be new PS+ sub). BUT, will it work the other way? I have a 1 yr card I've been sitting on since summer (got a good deal via BB). Can I apply the 1 month free trial and THEN the 1 year card and get, effectively, 13 months?

Background: I have never been a paid PS+ sub. Only time I had it was when sony gave it to me free for the PSN debacle.
1. If you're going vertical I wouldn't risk it and get the stand.

2. Yes redeem the trial first then the 1-year code.

I'm still debating if I should pick my pre-order from GS up. Can u guys answer this question, does the system come with a free trial to PS Plus. I'm more interested in Resogun than anything else at the moment. Could I get that game for as long as I have the trial?

You can get the games, play it but when the trial expires you cant play it anymore. Consoles come eith a 7 day trial i believe

aeneas3 - yes!

Resogun is very slick looking (and running). It is a twin-stick space shooter that plays out on a cylinder (so you can go around in a circle and get back to where you were. It is great but I just suck at it - couldn't clear the first boss. I may have to bump it down to "easy".

Well, Resogun looks amazing. And so does Contrast which has a great art style. It is hard to say that either blows you away as "next gen", though, simply because of the types of games they are. I should be getting NBA 2K14 soon and supposedly that is the one to show it.

Really? Like I said earlier, not too long after midnight Pacific I was able to download Resogun (400+ MB) and Contrast (700+ MB) in mere minutes. I also got Flower in just a few minutes. Since that went so fast I downloaded Warframe while I played those games and it finished pretty quickly as well.

I was really impressed that the speed was so fast on Sony's end.

Also, I just discovered the NBA Game Time app a few minutes ago. I got to watch the highlights of the Warriors game which I totally forgot to watch. So this will be a great way my son and I can watch more in-depth game highlights in HD (vs. on ESPN which we do not have in HD - that's the cheapass in me ;)). I don't know if this has been available on 360 or any other device, but it works quick and smooth on the PS4.

Also, PS4 is whisper quiet - can't hear it at all. My Slim PS3 with a replacement HD is much louder. Though of course neither is as bad as my original Xbox 360 Elite which sounded like a jet when playing disc-based games.

Anyway, sunk 4 hours into my PS4 (giving it some stress testing right off the bat to make sure there are no hardware issues - yeah, that's the ticket!) Time for sleep.
thanks for the info, i was worry about the noise like it was with the ps3. the noises it make , when the disc spins sometimes.

I talked to a rep and they do not have the option for "replacement". They can only offer a refund. He said that he does not even have the option available to him. Since its not available on the site they cannot offer the replacement.
Probably a good idea. Maybe keep an eye on amazons website over the weekend, see if they come back in stock, and then try the replacement method again?

Unless you're planning to drop it off at UPS today to expediate things.

I definitely wouldn't want to be without for 20 days.....Heck, I'd offer to ship the thing to Sony overnight, on my dime, in exchange for a like for like PSN credit. Not sure if they would do that or not....

Hahah I loved that. Very very cool of Sony to tip their cap to GAF and the rest of the online gamer community. Shows that they are paying attention.

Hideo keeps screwing with my emotions. I was waiting for his big announcement still at the end of his video. The "deja vu" level is a cool idea still but not "mind blowing" I love me some Metal Gear but lol wtf Kojima.

If you have an AMEX credit card save your money and pay with that. You will get a 2nd year of warranty coverage just by paying with AMEX. Personally, I think warranties are not worth it. Most issues are DOA and that is already covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Shit - I should have! I would have posted up a pic on CAG to share or at least something I could take home with me :(

$550. I searched craigslist ads on my smartphone right on the spot and after scanning the low end of the prices that was my first offer (not having realized I should have started higher and negotiate down). Based on his reaction, I clearly could have gotten more. I just wasn't prepared to negotiate on the spot like that as I was caught offguard so I took his first offer. I did indeed become paranoid about the ambush behind the bank parking lot so I was at least swift enough to snap photos to send to my wife before I got out of my car.
not bad for $550. is that your only your ps4 preorder? or are you planning to wait get another ps4 at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. If you're going vertical I wouldn't risk it and get the stand.

2. Yes redeem the trial first then the 1-year code.
1) Guess that means a trip to BB for that Rocketfish stand (AFTER the console gets delivered). Hope they have a few left. Nobody else seems to have any, at this point.

so what the hell do i do with this 30 day PS+ code? Everyone I know has PS+ and it doesn't stack.  Sony should know most of the day one PS4 buyers likely already have PS+ and that the code is now worthless

30 day trial.

30 days.

I stand corrected. Thanks guys. I actually didnt bother looking at that piece of paper last night. Hehe.

GameStop isn't carrying it yet. Think it has a release date of December 4th (lol).
Yeah, that's the "official" stand. I don't think it's coming for a few weeks.

But Best Buy has a "Rocketfish" brand stand that looks EXACTLY the same. I'm willing to compromise a bit on a piece of plastic meant to add some base stablity. :) If it stinks, I'll just return it.

so what the hell do i do with this 30 day PS+ code? Everyone I know has PS+ and it doesn't stack. Sony should know most of the day one PS4 buyers likely already have PS+ and that the code is now worthless
You could post it on CAG and be celebrated with rowdy revelry for your niceness. :)

CyGY1jC.png

I would check GameStop. The GameStop by me had a whole wall filled with them.
Yeah but I don't want to pay MSRP. I have a boatload of the "25% of gaming accessory" coupons from Target and TRU is running the Buy 3 $59.99 games or accessories and get a $50 gift card.

If I buy it from GS what do I get? 600 points?

Serious question. Why in the hell were you silly enough to buy it then if you're posting here asking others why you bought it...?

I've said this 100 times here: there is absolutely no reason to buy a PS4 at launch unless you're a Killzone diehard.
Cracks me up to hear that ppl stood in line for hours for something that is basically a paper weight right now. The launch game lineup is just really sad. Sony should have fought hard to get Infamous on store shelves to at least make this a must have holiday item.

Yeah but I don't want to pay MSRP. I have a boatload of the "25% of gaming accessory" coupons from Target and TRU is running the Buy 3 $59.99 games or accessories and get a $50 gift card.

If I buy it from GS what do I get? 600 points?
Yes, lol. I see your point. I have a total of 69k points, not including the PS4 I just purchased, so I would figure a lot of cags are eligible for coupons via PUR.

Cracks me up to hear that ppl stood in line for hours for something that is basically a paper weight right now. The launch game lineup is just really sad. Sony should have fought hard to get Infamous on store shelves to at least make this a must have holiday item.
I am enjoying my PS4 a lot, actually. ACIV looks amazing on PS4, same with Ghosts (though I did experience frame drop in SP campaign, but only once so far and it wasn't an action scene.)

Edit: Finally was able to connect via Netflix. Can confirm there are no voice commands for it as of now.

HAVE :

- 3 x PS+ (playstation + 1 year sub) card asking 40$ each

- 3 x psn 50$ card asking 40$ each

interested PM thx you

paypal only
for canadian that want ps+ for cheap (not on sale in canada)

and 50$ psn card are not on sale no were, asking price 40$ each

(both card work with usa and canadian account)

HAVE :

- 3 x PS+ (playstation + 1 year sub) card asking 40$ each

- 3 x psn 50$ card asking 40$ each

interested PM thx you

paypal only
for canadian that want ps+ for cheap and 50$ psn card are not on sale no were lowest price 40$ each

(both card work with usa and canadian account)
Stop posting this here.

I am enjoying my PS4 a lot, actually. ACIV looks amazing on PS4, same with Ghosts (though I did experience frame drop in SP campaign, but only once so far and it wasn't an action scene.)

Edit: Finally was able to connect via Netflix. Can confirm there are no voice commands for it as of now.
Apparently theres a day1 patch to fix the SP frame drops/720 issues.

Just got off the phone with Sony. They are stating that it will take 3-5 business days to get the box for service, 7-10 business days for them to repair it once they receive it and how over long the standard shipping take. All in all, they said it would be about 20 business days until I get the system back. I guess I will be returning it to Amazon and just keeping an eye out for one.

PS -The HDD fix did not work.
That's awful, man. :( Sony just never seems to have their $hit together.

Apparently theres a day1 patch to fix the SP frame drops/720 issues.
Lol, well that's good to know, if you can download it. Having the hardest time doing so without it erroring and stopping. It is also a 743 mb patch, in case anyone is wondering.

Picked up my PS4 from Target 2 hrs after opening, everything went smoothly.  Got my $25 giftcard gonna save it for Mario 3D or X1 but its definitely getting used soon.

Didn't have any issues setting up the console, redeemed my codes, got all updates, etc.  Downloaded a few of the free games (Contrast & Resogun).  I'm all set for the weekend!

I read the last few pages. Could someone who ordered theirs' from Amazon tell me if they had it delivered even though the tracking on UPS' site isn't doing anything?

I'm in the same boat. It just says it has left amazon warehouse. But ups site says it's ready for ups to pick up? I called and got no real answers. I hope they didn't screw me here

So I am loving the PS4.  UI is fantastic, so quick transitioning in and out of games, and dualshock 4...wow.  Wasnt sure if I how i would feel going away from xbox 360 since i liked its controller so much more than my dualshock 3 but man they nailed the 4.

I didn't sign for mine, the UPS guy delivered from Amazon. He just handed it to me. :bouncy:
Well, they're SUPPOSED to ask for a signature since it's such an expensive item. If you were to claim non receipt of the item, that driver is going to be in serious shit.

Throw me into the pot of my Amazon PS4 not working also. If I request for a refund I'll get it back with Amazon credit which is what I do not want. Screwed myself over cause I sent a $400 GC to myself.

Throw me into the pot of my Amazon PS4 not working also. If I request for a refund I'll get it back with Amazon credit which is what I do not want. Screwed myself over cause I sent a $400 GC to myself.
Then just send it to Sony, make sure you try the two different fixes first!

Crazy talk, why would you spend $15 to make sure your $400 system is secure.
IF it actually adds stability, sure. If it's just piece of mind....meh. It's sitting between two other consoles (OK, console and PC) on a pretty wide, and stable, audio pier that would take 2 large men to move..and is bolted to another piece of furniture.

That's really my question. Does it do anything, actually, or not? Is the system stable enough without it.

I don't have mine yet, so I'm prevailing on the wisdom of those that do.

He recommended it, so...as soon as UPS arrives, I'm off to pick one up.

bread's done
Back