PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Guys, I have a major problem with my PS4. :( I've said this before, but I have a sub account that I was using as my main. Why? Back when I first got the system, I was still under age. I decided to be truthful and enter my own age. Little did I know being truthful would bite me in the butt, 5 years later. Why did Sony not allow something so simple?

So here I am, with my new PS4, trying to decide what account to use:

Sub

Pros:

Already have trophies that I've been collecting over the years. Over 400.

Already have tons of friends that I play with under this account.

Cons:

Can't use Plus membership (have to switch to master account to download Plus games)

Can't broadcast gameplay on Twitch or Ustream (really, Sony?)

Master

Pros:

No more switching back from master to sub

Broadcasting ability. YAY!

Cons:

Have to start from the beginning with trophies

Have to PM all my friends, from my sub account, to add them on master

I just need some advice of what you guys would do. I haven't played much of my games, because I didn't want to have to restart with the other account if I picked it. Thanks. :D
You will be able to move your sub to a master eventually: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/12/psn-adult-age-users-can-now-transition-to-master-accounts/

If you had guaranteed release date delivery just call, you'll at least get some credit for your trouble, possibly overnight shipping...
I had the same problem - ordered mine June 10th. I haven't even gotten a shipping notification so I contacted Amazon and ended up complaining to 3 different people via live chat. In the end, they comped me a free $60 game. At first, they just offered $15 credit - but I didn't think that was worth it - especially since they were selling more units today. Pretty lame to not even contact me about the delay!

Anyone wanna be PS4 friends? Nobody I know irl has one yet. I made a new ID since Sony is never gonna let us change 'em.

Add me if you want. ID: MrBusterWolf

If you were friends with me on my old ID, re-add me. I'm using this one for everything now.

I had the same problem - ordered mine June 10th. I haven't even gotten a shipping notification so I contacted Amazon and ended up complaining to 3 different people via live chat. In the end, they comped me a free $60 game. At first, they just offered $15 credit - but I didn't think that was worth it - especially since they were selling more units today. Pretty lame to not even contact me about the delay!
I would be happy if they comped me a game! Not a bad deal to wait, or did they cancel completely? if it is a dealy, you came out like gangbuster

Anyone wanna be PS4 friends? Nobody I know irl has one yet. I made a new ID since Sony is never gonna let us change 'em.

If you were friends with me on my old ID, re-add me. I'm using this one for everything now.
I'm confused about the new adding friends business. So can I just give you my real name (which I just used a fake name)? I hid my PSN name because it sucks. I want to add you though.

I might not be a Killzone fan but I really got bored of it after 2 chapters. I'll probably try multiplayer tonight though.  I haven't played Knack yet but I'm trying out Warframe right now. 

No problems other then PSN overload this morning. 

Kind of sucks that Watchdog got pushed back =(

If I can get on PSN I will add you. If you make it first add me PSN ID "faustus71"

Got my PS4 delivered and now I'm trying to connect to PSN which isn't happening.  Can't really play anything until I retrieve my profile so it's a waiting game at this point. : \

Almost thought I had a bricked PS4 after the system hung while installing the update.  Basically, I hooked everything up (everything clicked in snugly, so no bad ports here), went through the setup, downloaded the update (which went smooth and fast TBH), then it had to reboot after installing, and reboot AGAIN after installing something AGAIN at which point it stalled on a black screen for 3 minutes.  Had to pull the power since it was pretty much frozen and it booted in safe mode where it did a few things and then rebooted.  I swear to god not even my own PC needs this much rebooting to get going after an update lol.

Finally, it started up and told me a new update was available.  I was like, okaaaaaaaaay and accepted which threw me an error that it was already up to date.  At this point I tried manually updating again to make absolutely sure nothing was corrupted but it seems everything went through ok.  But yeah, now I'm sitting here watching it spin on "Please Wait" trying to connect to PSN. . .

Kinda bummed out about not being able to get the ps3 to ps4 digital version of Battlefield 4 until Nov 29th
is that for everyone, that would suck. already sucks that i have to wait till thursday for bf from amazon (never expected to receive my system for launch). then again servers may have issues this weekend anyhow.

I might not be a Killzone fan but I really got bored of it after 2 chapters. I'll probably try multiplayer tonight though. I haven't played Knack yet but I'm trying out Warframe right now.

No problems other then PSN overload this morning.

Kind of sucks that Watchdog got pushed back =(
gotta do a burn in. yeah, watch dogs was my numero uno choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like Amazon did not ship mine out for delivery today. Anyone else have this problem?

same here. I pre ordered a launch edition.

UPS delivered my PS4 from Amazon about 3 hours ago. Everything seems to be working normally except for PSN issues (such as not being able to get back into my profile or privacy settings) and NBA 2K14 taking forever to install. Installed and patched Killzone and Ghosts but haven't really played anything yet except Resogun (which is fun) and a quarter of NBA.

is that for everyone, that would suck. already sucks that i have to wait till thursday for bf from amazon (never expected to receive my system for launch). then again servers may have issues this weekend anyhow.
Yeah. It tells you can get it for $9.99 and you can download it anytime after Nov 29th. At least I was able to get the digital version of Ghosts today. Come on Dice!

PSN issues appear to be on/off by the minute. One minute it works fine, the next it doesn't. Just keep trying, guys and gals. You'll get it eventually. :)

PSN issues appear to be on/off by the minute. One minute it works fine, the next it doesn't. Just keep trying, guys and gals. You'll get it eventually. :)
Been trying for half an hour now and what sucks is it rarely times out; just sits there and spins so I have to back out and re-enter everything each time. Guess I was just lucky enough to get everything set up when PSN started going down. : \

you think sony will gift us another $10 psn cash for the outages?  One thing we have learned from Sony, anything bad happens and they always compensate!!

Once you guys get things set up, if PSN randomly goes down for you, just try going to the PS Store again and sometimes it will reconnect itself and you can continue doing whatever you needed to do.

Sigh, I've seen MMO launches smoother than this.  Really no excuse for PSN to go down at this point, they had ample time to prepare for this. . .

Getting mine shipped from Amazon hopefully this Sat

Can't wait

Sigh, I've seen MMO launches smoother than this. Really no excuse for PSN to go down at this point, they had ample time to prepare for this. . .
I agree. Hope it gets issued out very soon

On a side note:

Those morons who spent $400 on a PS4 and ends up smashing it deserves to get their heads blown off, specially that little prick on his pajamas-his mom probably payed for it

Wow, a lot of people having issues on their PS4. According to rough polls anywhere between 20-30%. Again, rough polls, and early/small sample sizes.

I can't hook mine up until next week, so a question:

If mine is DoA out of the box and I return it for a cash refund, that doesn't count as using my purchased warranty, does it? if so, that would be incredibly stupid.

Well that's interesting.  They must have separate servers handling handshakes for the PS4 because I just booted up the PS3 and got straight on PSN.

Greatness awaits. . .on PS3? :lol:

Nothing! Ordered amazon on June 10th. FedEx stuck at initiated. Said delivery this morning then after 1030 it says n/a. Was hoping to play tonight!!! Amazon will be hearing from me. Launch edition my ass! Hopefully tomorrow.

On a side note:

Those morons who spent $400 on a PS4 and ends up smashing it deserves to get their heads blown off, specially that little prick on his pajamas-his mom probably payed for it
I'd actually have been concerned to be around that one guy. A public event with some psycho smashing a system they just paid for...it just seems like it could've been the beginning of a bad situation... Seriously, I'm surprised people didn't run away initially.

Wow, a lot of people having issues on their PS4. According to rough polls anywhere between 20-30%. Again, rough polls, and early/small sample sizes.

If mine is DoA out of the box and I return it for a cash refund, that doesn't count as using my purchased warranty, does it? if so, that would be incredibly stupid.
If it's tied to that console already, then you're basically losing out on the warranty if you return the console.... If I properly understand the TOS, that is.

Pretty sure they are non transferable.

I'm sure that number includes those who can't connect to PSN. If 20% of PS4s aren't working out of the box, Sony might as well pack it up right now.

bread's done
Back