PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So far it feels more like Crysis than Killzone. The multiplayer is fun though.
Woah, the original Crysis or 2/3? If it's the first Crysis, I may actually love this game once I can get on PSN.

from the look of it, Destiny looks way over hype. looks like a generic shooter in a open world, i.e. planetside, not a true next gen game. visually, its also disappointing too if they intend for this game to have a 10yr lifespan. graphics like the witcher 3 and cyber punk 2077 are what i expect from next gen. Destiny is nothing but a generation transition game, gonna disappoint alot of people, imo.
Yeah, Destiny is just another looter shooter and I'm not at all excited for it. I really can't wait for Titanfall on PC since it's trying some new things. I'm sure Destiny will be fun for a week or so, but there's no way they'll be able to support it for ten years. WoW isn't even that old and it is starting to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
..... not even gonna say anything.
not saying its going to be a bad game. just not as good as its hype out to be. titan fall on the other hand deserves every single praise it got from the media and gamers. every Destiny trailers looks just like another shooter.

Mine is working great for now..but knock on wood!

Also, for those that asked earlier..you can do the free 30 day subscription if you're new to PS+ then add ps+ cards on top. I just did it. 

Mine is working great for now..but knock on wood!

Also, for those that asked earlier..you can do the free 30 day subscription if you're new to PS+ then add ps+ cards on top. I just did it.
Mine runs out early next year so I'll hang onto the code and try to redeem it then.

I had PS+ originally but it ran out and the trial cards load up fine? The trial might not work if you currently have PS+ because it can't stack up but people have been making it out like if you ever used PS+ then the trial cards won't work. 

My PSN name is the same on here so feel free to add me if you want

Taking my ps4 to the Sony store tomorrow to get a replacement. Sure beats waiting 2-5 weeks to get mine fixed through customer service.

Anyone know how to reset this thing?

My ps4 froze while installing Warframe and the "power" button wont turn it off.

Should I just unplug the thing?

Nothing else seems to work

I played with mind for about 5 hours today and absolutely no problems yet!

I did all kinds of stuff with it too. Downloaded a bunch of games and apps. Knock on wood, mine's a good one!

All the best to everyone else with a PS4 right now - I struggled through 4 replacement 360's last gen. I hope I'm due for good luck now.

Its early but Sony has botched this launch. Failed systems, failed PSN, and a subpar launch lineup. That said maybe I'll open mine up and try playing it tonight...lol. 

Did you buy it from a Sony store? How was this made an option for you?
I bought it from Amazon. I saw that people were being told they could do it even when buying it from elsewhere by customer service, and called a store to verify.

I cannot get my PS4 to connect for some reason. Trying to set up internet connection. I keep getting that it timed out connecting even though I am using the correct password.

UPS showed up at 11:00am today and so far other than PSN being down it is working great. I installed the 1.50 update off of usb because even that was going real slow for me.

I cannot get my PS4 to connect for some reason. Trying to set up internet connection. I keep getting that it timed out connecting even though I am using the correct password.
Its because the network is down. You can't get online.

I'm watching the Giant Bomb stream and they are online so it must just be new users who can't get on.

So I'm screwed. Called FedEx and said there wasn't enough room on their plane.  Now ill have to want until Monday. Getting my money back for overnight shipping if it kills me.  fuck FedEx.

Now my delivery date is N/A

Have had no problems so far the update download in under a minute, downloading Warframe now.

Add me - swampthing71

Newegg flaked on their alleged overnight shipping even though it supposedly shipped Thursday.  Though given the PSN troubles, maybe it's better to come later.  I guess it's coming Monday.  Sludge, let me know how yours goes.  Mine must have missed the same plane.   :ziplip:

On the upside, finally finished all my downloads outside of DC Universe (Got all the free games, plus my 2 Digital Upgrades and some Cross Buy games).

But I will never again buy a freaking Digital Upgrade game.....as far as playing them go they run perfectly (BF4 is one of the best looking games I have ever seen). But the freaking Multiplayer install has taken like 2 hours to just go up 5% (Its currently 95%, and I 100% completed 3 campaign levels in the time it took it to do that)

Also anyone who wants to add me is more than welcome. I have Knack as well (Also have BF4, Killzone, CoD, and Injustice)

My ps4 from bestbuy is working flawlessly!!! Just updated via flashdrive. Still having hard time accessing psn, but overall very happy with the purchase.

10877805805_7f044d5248_c.jpg

Add me too. I have Ghosts and Battlefield 4. Plan on getting KZ and Knack. Just don't know which one I want first. Neweggs ebay link still has KZ for $45 w/free shipping.

Got home to find my PS4 was already delivered just 30 mins before. Nervously hooked up everything and kept my fingers crossed there were no issues and thankfully everything went smooth other than having to redownload the update since it wasn't installing past the initial download and having to try logging in several times to my PSN account which I am guessing was do to heavy traffic and/or the PSN being down. Played a little bit of Killzone and now I am about to try out some other games. All in all I am satisfied :D I hope everyone else is having as smooth of a time though I have read about a couple CAGrs here having issues sadly

TwistedShade said:
Can't believe I forgot to ask this but.....has anyone checked the PSN store for demo's curious on if any game demo's are available yet.
There weren't any last night when I was on. Also no themes - I guess I expected to be able to change the background right off the bat. But I didn't mess around with all that too much.

I think it's sad that people should keep their fingers crossed that a brand new system they paid $400+ for works.

I'm sorry, but the "It's a launch console, what do you expect?" is BS and a cop out.

This didn't happen nearly as much with older consoles. N64's, NES, SNES, Gensis, Dreamcast, PS1, Saturn, etc did not have widespread issues, and no, that wasn't just because social media wasn't close to what it is now and problems couldn't be reported as frequently. As each gen comes along, systems are more and more buggy.

I feel for people that they spend time waiting in line in the cold for systems, get home and they don't even turn on, or turn on and just stop working within the hour. It's totally unacceptable by Sony and it being a launch system is not an excuse. People don't have to worry about this when they buy a new line of microwave or a stereo. I mean, any electronic can have malfunctions, but not at the rate video game consoles do.

Damn dude, you're a good friend, although if I was him, I'd feel bad for having others pay for my entertainment stuff.
Thanks. He's been my best friend for nearly 2 decades and isn't as fortunate as I am and I like to do cool stuff like this for him from time to time. It's not like I don't get anything out of the deal after all, I have a very small group of friends and even smaller group that is interested in gaming so it's nice to have someone to play games with.

Anyone know if you can use the 30 day free PSN promo card and then add one of the 7 day free trials from one of the games on top of it?

LordVila said:
Looking to add some more PSN friends. Especially people who are playing Knack so we can do item sharing on there.
I'll be playing later tonight - add me (if we aren't friends already ;)).

bread's done
Back