PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Well I got screwed out of my PS4. I had one preordered with best buy for store pickup and got an e-mail yesterday that there was an issue with a payment on it. I called and they had my old credit card that got stolen so I changed it to my new credit card and everything was suppose to be good to pick it up still. If there was a problem with the order I should get another e-mail. I never got an e-mail again. I go today to pick it up and was told that there was still an issue with the payment processing even though I fixed it yesterday and they didn't hold one back for me and gave it to someone that was waiting at midnight that didn't have a preorder. I had this lined up to sell to someone for $650 in my local area from craigslist so I lost out on about $250 and they still couldn't get me a system. Since this error was completely on their end I asked what are you guys going to do for this. I drove there to pick it up, was told that things were fine on the phone, and am losing out on a lot of money. I am told that they can't do anything at all for me but hold one for me the next time they get a shipment. This was a major mistake on best buys part. So after all of this I was told to call best buy online since they processed the payment. They tried blaming it on my credit card not processing. So after arguing with the best buy online telling them that I called my credit card company and they said they weren't even showing a pending charge on my credit card for best buy and it wasn' them I had them read to me the last four digits of my credit card. It turns out the person I spoke with yesterday at best buy never processed the new credit card I gave them and that is why I didn't get a system and still they don't do anything. I am an elite plus member that spends quite a bit of money with them and they can't do anything for me for a major mistake on their part that caused me to lose many hours of my time and $250. I think best buy is officially banned for me now.
I guess some kid out there will get his PS4 for Christmas

Your issues sound a lot like mine. I cannot get into safe mode at all. If I hold down the power for 7 seconds, I dont get the second beep. Holding it until I hear that second beep just turns it off. Try syncing your controller and see if it will even do that. I tried both USB ports and all it does is blink 6 times and turn off. I spent well over an hour working with a Sony CS manager and we came to the consensus that only the power jack was functional on my unit. The only options I have is to send it to them or send it to Amazon.

I paid in credit so they cant refund that back until after they receive it. If I did not pay in credit that is what I would have done.
Try making sure that the controller isn't plugged in when you hold it down maybe? I had to boot into safe mode to install the update and it wouldn't work when I had the controller plugged in.

I guess some kid out there will get his PS4 for Christmas
I was hoping for their huge mistake that they would do something for me. I mean they royally screwed up and it is a big deal and they can't do anything. They could have issued some gift cards or reward zone cards or something.

Picked mine up today, but puzzled by something.... The little insert in the box that has the offers for free $10 PSN and 30 day plus, are those seemingly blank for anyone else? Where is the code and how do I redeem it ?

For anyone that has a bricked system, check to see if you have a Sony Store nearby. I was able to get a replacement from them even though I ordered from Amazon.

I was hoping for their huge mistake that they would do something for me. I mean they royally screwed up and it is a big deal and they can't do anything. They could have issued some gift cards or reward zone cards or something.
I hear ya. I quit dealing with Bestbuy some months back because of all the BS. I would pursue it still until they do something.

Try making sure that the controller isn't plugged in when you hold it down maybe? I had to boot into safe mode to install the update and it wouldn't work when I had the controller plugged in.
The system would not boot into safe mode no matter what I did. With the hard drive in, without the hard drive in, with the controller plugged into USB 1, with the controller plugged into USB 2, no controller plugged in...the system just won't go into safe mode. It seems like more and more system are truly DOA and not a simple "bend down a pin in the HDMI port".

Picked mine up today, but puzzled by something.... The little insert in the box that has the offers for free $10 PSN and 30 day plus, are those seemingly blank for anyone else? Where is the code and how do I redeem it ?
I have yet to redeem mine but my codes were located on the bottom right of each section

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I still haven't figured this out... Everytime I try to live stream it immediately just says connection lost or something when I create my channel. Any ideas?

Amazon bundles arent even proper bundles. I got the BF4 bundle and the game was shipped in the same box but out of the ps4 box and the ps+ was emailed to me.

Amazon bundles arent even proper bundles. I got the BF4 bundle and the game was shipped in the same box but out of the ps4 box and the ps+ was emailed to me.
This is good news it should make it easier to return Knack from the bundle I ordered as a replacement.

Picked up mine and set it up this evening. Didn't buy any games because I was thinking about selling it. After I didn't get any offers I liked, decided to set it up after all. Of course today my internet stops working. I was able to get it to worl long enough to download thw update and resogun. Played for about an hour. Really fun addicting game.

Anyone read or hear anything about the PS4's disc drive failing? A twitch streamer had to stop his stream because his PS4 wouldn't take in the disc and if it did take it in it would just spit it back out.

Anyone read or hear anything about the PS4's disc drive failing? A twitch streamer had to stop his stream because his PS4 wouldn't take in the disc and if it did take it in it would just spit it back out.
Yeah, on the PS4 forums there were a lot of people posting about this too.

Your code should be on the bottom right in a little white box.

Well I got screwed out of my PS4. I had one preordered with best buy for store pickup and got an e-mail yesterday that there was an issue with a payment on it. I called and they had my old credit card that got stolen so I changed it to my new credit card and everything was suppose to be good to pick it up still. If there was a problem with the order I should get another e-mail. I never got an e-mail again. I go today to pick it up and was told that there was still an issue with the payment processing even though I fixed it yesterday and they didn't hold one back for me and gave it to someone that was waiting at midnight that didn't have a preorder. I had this lined up to sell to someone for $650 in my local area from craigslist so I lost out on about $250 and they still couldn't get me a system. Since this error was completely on their end I asked what are you guys going to do for this. I drove there to pick it up, was told that things were fine on the phone, and am losing out on a lot of money. I am told that they can't do anything at all for me but hold one for me the next time they get a shipment. This was a major mistake on best buys part. So after all of this I was told to call best buy online since they processed the payment. They tried blaming it on my credit card not processing. So after arguing with the best buy online telling them that I called my credit card company and they said they weren't even showing a pending charge on my credit card for best buy and it wasn' them I had them read to me the last four digits of my credit card. It turns out the person I spoke with yesterday at best buy never processed the new credit card I gave them and that is why I didn't get a system and still they don't do anything. I am an elite plus member that spends quite a bit of money with them and they can't do anything for me for a major mistake on their part that caused me to lose many hours of my time and $250. I think best buy is officially banned for me now.
Karma!

With so many issues that people seem to be having, I'm wondering if maybe PS4's are getting some type of power surge and shorting out something inside the system.

My logic is this:

Whenever there is a common spread problem(like RRoD) it has to relate back to one defect. So it is likely that all the PS4's that are having these issue have the same type of defect inside of it. It took a while for people to realize what caused the RRoD with the 360(GPU breaking off the mboard due to heat wear and tear) and YLOD with the PS3(thermal paste issues).

So I wonder if there is some type of poor construction inside the system with electrical surges. The reason I bring that up is because a lot of people's systems have been randomly shutting down(even working ones) so I figure something power-related could be an issue. If so, they could lead to larger scale issues like total system failure.

Just brainstorming here.

Is there a way to check for updates? Not console update 1.5, but software updates. I have no idea if they are automatically downloaded or if I have to download them manually. Anybody know?

Finally got to play some BF MP and its awesome! But like someone said before the earbud mic is terrible and I dont think I can get chat from my Trittons. :whistle2:|

Hm the box or his is interesting Very compact and sleek, but has an official sony seal on it. I like it. I still havent opened mine. Figure i'll wait a few days for any bugs to be fixed with the day  patch. I actually read about som reports of the day 1 patch causing game stability issues? Has anyone had this problem? I think EA posted somehing on their blog about it

I was also a bit leery about the apparant problem with the HDMI port messing up cables and not working right. Kotaku had a problem with that and i guess several other people. Enough that sony had to reveal a statement. Anyone had prolems with that? I remember quite a few pages back there was a guy complaining about no picture through his HDMI port.

I mean, it was your fault for not updating the payment as soon as your card was cancelled. You're responsible for stuff like that - not Best Buy. They can't be expected to fix your problem when you call in at the last minute. I'd feel sorry for you if the system was actually for you. Hopefully the person who got it actually wanted it and wasn't looking to flip it for profit.

Confirmed from various store managers that Sunday morning at Gamestop, whatever systems werent picked up will be available for sale when doors open. I will be the 1st one in line ready to seize on the opportunity and walk away with a system!

Confirmed from various store managers that Sunday morning at Gamestop, whatever systems werent picked up will be available for sale when doors open. I will be the 1st one in line ready to seize on the opportunity and walk away with a system!
wait, what? Theyre supposed to hold stuff for 7 days. I had a 2nd one preordered with 100 dollars down at gametop that i was gonna pick up monday. Are you saying theyre gonna give my shit away sunday?

I wansnt even sure if i was gonna keep it. Do they have standard 30 day return policy on consoles or is it shorter? Ill be pissed if they just give it away though

I preordered one from bestbuy early June and my order was essentially canceled because their system fucked up with my new credit card that I had to change my order to because the old card was canceled.

You aren't the only one.

Anyone know what the solid orange light means? It's not pulsating or anything, just turned orange when I tried to go into standby mode. Other than that the system has worked fine, hopefully the XB1 does the same.

wait, what? Theyre supposed to hold stuff for 7 days. I had a 2nd one preordered with 100 dollars down at gametop that i was gonna pick up monday. Are you saying theyre gonna give my shit away sunday?

I wansnt even sure if i was gonna keep it. Do they have standard 30 day return policy on consoles or is it shorter? Ill be pissed if they just give it away though
No, it has always been a 48 hour hold at GS. They just bend the rules for things that aren't consoles.

With so many issues that people seem to be having, I'm wondering if maybe PS4's are getting some type of power surge and shorting out something inside the system.

My logic is this:

Whenever there is a common spread problem(like RRoD) it has to relate back to one defect. So it is likely that all the PS4's that are having these issue have the same type of defect inside of it. It took a while for people to realize what caused the RRoD with the 360(GPU breaking off the mboard due to heat wear and tear) and YLOD with the PS3(thermal paste issues).

So I wonder if there is some type of poor construction inside the system with electrical surges. The reason I bring that up is because a lot of people's systems have been randomly shutting down(even working ones) so I figure something power-related could be an issue. If so, they could lead to larger scale issues like total system failure.

Just brainstorming here.
It's possible they just produced massive numbers of defective consoles at their Chinese factories. They're going to have to pump out more than the 1 million a month that Pachter was predicting so that they can replace all these defective units.

Anyone know what the solid orange light means? It's not pulsating or anything, just turned orange when I tried to go into standby mode. Other than that the system has worked fine, hopefully the XB1 does the same.
I'm pretty sure that means it is in stand by mode

Imma go buy yo' ish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Wow, sucks for those that got $400 bricks. Mine is working great now that PSN has stabilized, and had no problems finding matches online. 

So, if the failure rate is nearly 50% as it seems from the Amazon reviews, they might end up giving out a 3 year warranty like MS did.  Or maybe they'll be forced to do a massive recall?

Hm the box or his is interesting Very compact and sleek, but has an official sony seal on it. I like it. I still havent opened mine. Figure i'll wait a few days for any bugs to be fixed with the day patch. I actually read about som reports of the day 1 patch causing game stability issues? Has anyone had this problem? I think EA posted somehing on their blog about it

I was also a bit leery about the apparant problem with the HDMI port messing up cables and not working right. Kotaku had a problem with that and i guess several other people. Enough that sony had to reveal a statement. Anyone had prolems with that? I remember quite a few pages back there was a guy complaining about no picture through his HDMI port.
I was going to wait too, but I figured I waited long enough till this evening so I hooked it up and had 0 problems. Better to get it running asap in case something does happen to it. What EA said was later retracted as incorrect.

Finally got to play some BF MP and its awesome! But like someone said before the earbud mic is terrible and I dont think I can get chat from my Trittons. :whistle2:|
Any wired headset should work.

Last year those fucker's gave my WiiU away on day1. they happily took my pre-order money but when they couldn't contact me about picking up the system, they decide to see it. idk what the hell that douche at gamestop was thinking when he sold it, like i'm not going to come back for it and let them keep my pre-order money.

So, if the failure rate is nearly 50% as it seems from the Amazon reviews, they might end up giving out a 3 year warranty like MS did. Or maybe they'll be forced to do a massive recall?
They don't have the money to pull a MS 3 year warranty.

Last year those fucker's gave my WiiU away on day1. they happily took my pre-order money but when they couldn't contact me about picking up the system, they decide to see it. idk what the hell that douche at gamestop was thinking when he sold it, like i'm not going to come back for it and let them keep my pre-order money.
I once was sold someone else's preordered Zelda Wind Waker for GC that came with OoT, only for preorders. I simply asked if they had any and he gave me someone elses. I feel bad about it now.

They don't have the money to pull a MS 3 year warranty.
If these are legitimate failures and not just spam from some company that MS hired to smear Sony (they hired one of these trolling companies after all the blowback from their announcements) then they're going to have to pony up the 1 billion dollars and #dealwithit.

Count me with the DoA PS4. It just blinks. I checked the HDMI and put it in slowly and the pins seem fine, I also tried my ps3 hdmi which didn't output any video either, and when I put it back into my ps3 works perfectly. Also tried the safe mode trick and removing HD and wouldn't even go into safe mode. I'm not really angry to tell the truth just disappointed. I never buy consoles at launch...got the PS3 when it was slim, same for ps2 and psone and also the 3DS xl. I took a chance this generation and have this. Currently waiting on customer support...maybe might get a way for it to get fixed...who knows. I'm just kind of apathetic to it....never been an early adopter, and this happens...figures...oh well. Give me luck guys on my getting it replaced or quite possibly just a refund from Amazon.
Same thing for me. I posted this in the Playstation forum too. I had some issues with my PS4 that came from Amazon late today. I had some popping sounds coming out of my TV at times and really sounded off inside. I had it completely lock up and freeze on my twice while trying to play Battlefield 4 and when it would there was a really loud annoying buzzing sound coming out my speakers and then other times it just plain shut off. I had numerous issues getting video to display trying 2 different TVs and different HDMI cables. I got fed up with trying to boot into safe mode and it not working that I got on customer service chat with Amazon and am going to return my BF4 bundle.

I got $5 credit coming for my troubles but I just want a working system if I paid this much. Sure enough I was able to boot into safe mode and repair it somehow after I got off of chat but I'm not risking it. I was able to deactivate the system from my primary account and then initialize it to clear everything else off. It was definitely something HDMI related and maybe something else since the system just plain shut down with BF4 at times. I was able to play Killzone for awhile earlier.

I waited until around 7:00pm for it to come today and had this happen. It's disappointing. I'll get another one at some point but I want to make sure it doesn't have problems. I shouldn't have to troubleshoot that much on Day 1. When it worked it seems awesome and I can't wait to get a working one and start doing all the new stuff. It's not like I don't have anything else to play and really haven't had time to play much. I just want to have my $400 spent on something reliable that is fun to play.

If these are legitimate failures and not just spam from some company that MS hired to smear Sony (they hired one of these trolling companies after all the blowback from their announcements) then they're going to have to pony up the 1 billion dollars and #dealwithit.
Sony's fucked if they lose a billion. I don't see them doing something that drastic. I could see them give away games or an extra year warranty. Many of the commentators in Amazon review comments are Xbox supporters so perhaps that 50% of 1 star reviews isn't for real.

Well after about 2 hours and 30-40 minutes finally got a person. Seems they may be sending me a box by next week....then I can send it to Sony for repairs...yay? It was bricked for sure. One thing happenned though where as she was giving me the service request number (she had all my details for shipping and my email) the phone just magically cut off....don't think it was on my side it was like I was put on hold and then hung up on...very strange....also on Wifi calling at home and seems stable....If I don't get the box next week to return it...off to Amazon it returns and maybe i'll get it next year or something. I almost just don't care anymore.

Im debating if I should use my 10 PSN code to upgrade COD. I already have BF and Killzone and I didn't really like the Ghosts MP too much. Not sure if its better on the PS4. Plus I think 3 FPS games is a little overkill.

Any wired headset should work.
I cant get it to work for some reason, I'm probably doing something wrong.

bread's done
Back