PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

That's what happens to flippers.
I sold my extra one on CL for cost. Did it in the food court of a crowded shopping mall right next to the ATM so I could check if the cash wasn't fake. Since it was around $450 they of course had $100s. Guy didn't really understand the preorder process and thought that once they were gone, they were gone forever. About an hour before he contacted me they were in stock from Amazon. But not everyone camps out on forums to grab the best deals when they show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure they werent actual refurbished units. Way too quick for that,and the fact they didnt work should be a dead giveaway. Same way we do it at apple, whenever a new item launches, we're sent replacement units that are just the main item itself, in a non retail non-accessory included box. Refurbished units usually start showing up about a month after, as the faulty launch hardware has actually had a chance to now be refurbished and tested.
Yeah I think he got a new console but in bulk non retail packaging. It looks like Amazon is setting up the same thing so CS reps have a way to do exchanges on faulty systems.
The packaging for these "refurbs" was the retail box with all the accessories (but with a generic packaging tape seal instead of the PlayStation logo seal), and that box was snugly inside an unmarked cardboard box. What each of the retail boxes had in common was that they all looked kind of worn along the creases. One of them even had a huge gash in the side of the box (but not the outer unmarked box). All the accessories inside were wrapped up as new. This suggests a few possibilities:

1. These units really are refurbs, and they're shipping them back in their original box.
2. These units are new but the box got damaged, which meant they couldn't sell them as new.

Anyhow, all they did was swap out the console, giving me back my original box with all the accessories exactly how I brought them in. I'm keeping the service form in a safe place in case I ever run into any trouble with the console's serial number not matching the one that's on the box.

I always thought guns cost more than consoles.
I used to sell a $199 9mm Smith and Wesson at Academy Sports. The Taurus I'm looking at getting costs $329 there, too. In fact, I think most of our hand guns were below $400 except for the Glocks and a few other higher end models from various manufactures.

htz said:
Interesting - I have yet to pick up this game and may just wait for that now.

Zolor23 said:
Wow, I thought Tomb Raider was graphically amazing on the 360, if they do some touch ups, it might be a great next-gen title. Just weird IMO to relaunch a last gen game to next gen.
I dunno - it seems like there ought to be more of this. It allows for some showing off of the new hardware without the need for the long development time of a new game. If the Tomb Raider port can be closer to the PC version (as it runs on higher-end hardware) then that will be great. It also fills out the game lineup a bit at a time when the selection is pretty weak while we wait for the first "real" net-gen games to come out. If they priced them at $30-$40 I'd think they would have a pretty big market for some re-releases. And that would be the case even if the graphics weren't all that much better - people want to play on their new systems.

I'd have liked to see some others. I'd probably buy a next-gen Borderlands 2 GotY edition.

My wife picked up my replacement from the Sony store. Originally purchased at Amazon. The store took my original box and gave her a new unit in the box. The box was opened in front of her to show her the unit. It did have a clear seal tape as well. However when I picked up another unit that I preordered from best buy it also had the clear tape instead of the blue Sony seal tape.

My wife picked up my replacement from the Sony store. Originally purchased at Amazon. The store took my original box and gave her a new unit in the box. The box was opened in front of her to show her the unit. It did have a clear seal tape as well. However when I picked up another unit that I preordered from best buy it also had the clear tape instead of the blue Sony seal tape.
Mine from Amazon had the clear tape on top of the Sony tape which I thought was weird..

I am experiencing a random glitch in witch i see a little static every now and then and the sound shutters. Researching online its because of a lack of HDCP Settings. Anyone no a easy fix?

My PS4 is hooked up to an HDMI switch which is hooked up to a Receiver for the surround sound, and the receiver in turn is hooked up to the TV.

I used to sell a $199 9mm Smith and Wesson at Academy Sports. The Taurus I'm looking at getting costs $329 there, too. In fact, I think most of our hand guns were below $400 except for the Glocks and a few other higher end models from various manufactures.
Be careful with Taurus'. My friend bought a Taurus 1911 .45 and it locked up after 2 shots. Their customer service isn't that great either, he had to pay to ship it back to them for a replacement. Probably an isolated incident, but just saying.

Has anyone ever used the warranty that Sony offers on PSN? I didn't buy my system on Amazon so don't qualify for the SquareTrade warranty I don't think, and the GS one is so expensive that I didn't grab it. The PSN one seems like a good deal, but not sure if anyone has ever used it before or not.

Now just need to figure out how to warranty my Xbox One as well, didn't realize SquareTrade was only for products purchased on Amazon.

The second the person asked to change the meeting place from the police station parking lot should have been a red flag...
Well, that is the exact opposite of what happened when I sold mine.

I met the guy in a parking lot right next to the police station in my town, counted the money, gave him the PS4 (which he "cracked open and checked" in his words, to make sure it was there) and than went over to the bank and deposited the money.

All in all a rather speedy and bullet-less exchange.

That's what happens to flippers.
Actually, that is more of a craigslist thing than a "flipper" thing, could have been a Iphone, could have been a computer, anything. The innocent person in that scenario, the one who originally picked the police station, should have "stuck to his guns" (awful pun) and not changed the meeting location. This exact situation is why you make sure that your safety is number 1. If he doesn't meet you in the safe location, don't meet.

So uh, has anyone who ordered Lego Marvel or NFS around the 15th gotten their order to ship yet from Amazon? Just wondering when these two games are supposed to be back in stock.

Has anyone ever used the warranty that Sony offers on PSN? I didn't buy my system on Amazon so don't qualify for the SquareTrade warranty I don't think, and the GS one is so expensive that I didn't grab it. The PSN one seems like a good deal, but not sure if anyone has ever used it before or not.

Now just need to figure out how to warranty my Xbox One as well, didn't realize SquareTrade was only for products purchased on Amazon.
you can get a warranty from squaretrade.com if you bought it from an authorized retailer. pm me for a 30% off coupon

I think out of 12 people 3 of them would use their mics.

I dont turn my mic on unless someone else has their mic on but at least it's jacked in.

On Call of Duty at least.

I am experiencing a random glitch in witch i see a little static every now and then and the sound shutters. Researching online its because of a lack of HDCP Settings. Anyone no a easy fix?

My PS4 is hooked up to an HDMI switch which is hooked up to a Receiver for the surround sound, and the receiver in turn is hooked up to the TV.
You really shouldnt run ur video signal threw so many devices. reciever alone is the max id run it threw.

Has anybody thought that all these complaints coming from Amazon might be from people who would want to received a partial discount on there order?

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/11/18/the-ps4-eye-automatically-broadcasts-in-game-chat/

Looks like Sony needs to patch this. You can't mute the camera mic so its always broadcasting sound to other players. You'd have to unplug the camera or I guess plug in your regular mic and mute that.

So if you hear random conversations coming from others, they might not realize their camera is broadcasting lol
The only games I've seen this mentioned with have been EA games thus far and that's nothing new. Any mic you had attached has been constantly open in EA games most if not all of the 360/PS3 generation. I hate it.

So uh, has anyone who ordered Lego Marvel or NFS around the 15th gotten their order to ship yet from Amazon? Just wondering when these two games are supposed to be back in stock.
I ordered Lego Marvel On Thuesday I believe and it shipped this morning to be here tomorrow.

Do any CAGs have any experience with warranties from Sony or square trade? I am trying to decide between both of them for the ps4
I have done multiple warranties through Square Trade and they are great! I haven't ever had any problems with them and I actually bought a warranty for my PS4 just yesterday from them!

Amazon shipped my NFS, awesome!!! Also, I've been playing BF4 and Resogun Non stop and my sticks are fine. Sucks that I have to go back to work tomorrow lol

Thats horrible.

I'll do you one better, I had a heart attack one week before launch and got all my games and system and I can't play them as I'm on bed rest and no excitement. I've been trolling the boards here for a week now just reading up on how everyone is enjoying their system. I did check mine and it does work.

I'll do you one better, I had a heart attack one week before launch and got all my games and system and I can't play them as I'm on bed rest and no excitement. I've been trolling the boards here for a week now just reading up on how everyone is enjoying their system. I did check mine and it does work.
That sucks but at least you are alive to enjoy the PS4 soon! Best of luck on the recovery man and hopefully you'll get to have as much fun as a lot of us are here before too long!

What if it had been DOA, you might have had another right there.

My NFS says it will be in by Friday now.

I have done multiple warranties through Square Trade and they are great! I haven't ever had any problems with them and I actually bought a warranty for my PS4 just yesterday from them!
What did you choose for the PS4 warranty in the pull down menu? I didn't see PS4 in the list when I looked over the weekend.

What did you choose for the PS4 warranty in the pull down menu? I didn't see PS4 in the list when I looked over the weekend.
it may not be an option yet. sorry.

Do any CAGs have any experience with warranties from Sony or square trade? I am trying to decide between both of them for the ps4
i have done a squaretrade claim for my ps3 for the YLOD (original 20gb system). the process would have been fine were it not for my system coming back damaged. looked like it had been dropped. i blame the 3rd party repair company (i had to communicate with them directly about the damage). i had to send it back in and they put a new exterior on it. hehe i think i still have the pics somewhere...

Has anybody thought that all these complaints coming from Amazon might be from people who would want to received a partial discount on there order?
No, because they could make up a stupid complaint and have a realistic chance of getting it.

@ Sfabo

Don't be a Dbag and just give them away like a nice person. =\ Also, I still have some plus codes from my PS4, so if you have a decent history here, just pm me and agree that Sfabo is an ass you can have one. :3

bread's done
Back