Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

So you're saying that they should somehow be forwards compatible instead of backwards compatible? You are aware that the Xbox Series consoles use gen 3 Nvme drives and that they are more than capable of providing adequate load times for all games that are currently out?

Picked up a PS5 via Sony Direct from an email invite from Sony. Surprised that I got in in less than the expected hour estimate and stock was available. Ordered for my brother in CA and got confirmation it shipped today. For some reason I’ve been more excited for him getting his PS5 than I was when I got mine at launch.

So you're saying that they should somehow be forwards compatible instead of backwards compatible? You are aware that the Xbox Series consoles use gen 3 Nvme drives and that they are more than capable of providing adequate load times for all games that are currently out?
Just stop.

CAG got a shout-out on The Tuesday Show with UltraDavid and James Chen. It was also about how "if you really want to you can get a PS5 no problem" by a grating Tubo. He was talking out of his ass like usual, thought it was amusing that we know anything.

Just stop.

CAG got a shout-out on The Tuesday Show with UltraDavid and James Chen. It was also about how "if you really want to you can get a PS5 no problem" by a grating Tubo. He was talking out of his ass like usual, thought it was amusing that we know anything.
To be honest, it REALLY is not hard to get a PS5 at this point. You have to be willing to buy a Gamestop bundle, which I admit could be a price barrier for some people (and the recent ones have included shitty sports titles that I don't give a fuck about), but it is not hard at all. I have single handedly hooked up my entire crew, BY HAND (read: not using bots).

How do I get one living in an area where UPS or FedEx refuses to deliver to? I have to find one in a store, and so far it has been fail after fail getting one. I've seen the nearest 2 Target stores claim to have 4+ in stores, and neither of them had any in stock after adding to the cart with my payment info already entered. 

How do I get one living in an area where UPS or FedEx refuses to deliver to? I have to find one in a store, and so far it has been fail after fail getting one. I've seen the nearest 2 Target stores claim to have 4+ in stores, and neither of them had any in stock after adding to the cart with my payment info already entered.
You can hold your items at a local store for either store and just pick it up. And them not willing to deliver your area doesn't stop you from ordering. It's not like Walmart knows whether your area won't get deliveries for whatever reason. But either way, have it held at a local UPS or FedEx location.

"TechRadar can confirm that – for the first time in 2021 – Best Buy will sell PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles in stores, according to multiple sources.

Exclusive: The next PS5 and Xbox Series X restock at Best Buy will happen in stores on Thursday, according to the exclusive sources of PS5 and Xbox restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider, who will send you alerts when consoles are in stock in the US – if you follow his Twitter account and turn on notifications.

This is big news. It's the first time in 2021 a major non-club retailer in the US has had PlayStation 5 on sale in stores, and we have proof that it and Xbox Series X are being stocked at Best Buy locations for September 23. Multiple retailer sources, including those who shared internal inventory screens with us, are expecting more than 50 consoles per store."
More info!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy testing waters for how BF will go with that soft opening. Pretty sure they'll hand out tickets rather than have lines, which will just piss people off when they think there's nobody waiting lol.

Got a shipment notification today with Wal-Mart from my August 25th order, after it was initially delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy testing waters for how BF will go with that soft opening. Pretty sure they'll hand out tickets rather than have lines, which will just piss people off when they think there's nobody waiting lol.
Is it confirm all best buy will have this? Might camp out for ym brother tomrorow. The worst thign is when they are passing out ticket.

If stores are already having people camped outside im not even going to bother. That's just sad at this point.
It’s at least a step in the right direction. Most will go in the hands of real people instead of scalpers/bots. Honestly if you’re going to spend 12-18 hrs outside it might be better to just pay a small premium. Ps5s and Xboxes aren’t going for much these days after eBay fees.

It’s at least a step in the right direction. Most will go in the hands of real people instead of scalpers/bots. Honestly if you’re going to spend 12-18 hrs outside it might be better to just pay a small premium. Ps5s and Xboxes aren’t going for much these days after eBay fees.
and they don't even know how many will be available. Some people are gonna wait all night and still not get one

My brother got one showed up at 7:30 am got a ticket for the non disc version and was told he could go home and come back later to pick it up.  He went home went to bed and than went back to Best buy and picked it up no problem.

bread's done
Back