Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I finally made it to the “place order” button on GameStop. Got an email from PayPal saying I placed an order, but the GameStop page just showed a blank page with “oops... something went wrong” message. I see the amount pending in PayPal, but no new orders or pre-orders exists in my GameStop account. Very irritated now.

I think it is sold out on BB. I had the disc version in my cart for a long time as well. I hit the save for later from my cart and it says it is sold out.

Jumped on the gamestop bundle but for some reason it's charging me tax (live in Montana, no sales tax state). Hope that gets adjusted. 

I finally made it to the checkout at best buy.. it went from no shipping option but still available for pick up to sold out within seconds..

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the fucking checkout screen but wouldn't let me pick rewards or 12\18 month credit.

Does Best Buy still put a hold on your card until it ships? I’d rather get it from there but not if this is still true.

I keep getting images of Vaas in my head as I continue to click the checkout button over and over again waiting for something different to happen... but it never does.. it never does.

Just got the e-mail that I was selected to order a PS5 from Sony:

Your Exclusive Invitation to Pre-Order

Congratulations, you've been selected!

We’re pleased to extend this opportunity to be one of the first to pre-order a PS5™ Console!

Pre-Order Reservation Instructions:

• Starting 10am PT, Friday 9/18 click below to enter the event

• This URL is unique to you and not meant to be shared with anyone else*

• When clicked, you will be placed in a waiting room

• When it’s your turn, you’ll get access to complete your PS5™ Console Pre-Order Reservation!**

Things to keep in mind:

• When accessing the site, you’ll be asked for your PSN ID log in and password. Have these handy

• Have your credit card details ready

• You may add additional items to your PS5™ Console pre-order reservation.

• Don’t forget those extra DualSense™ controllers or PS5™ games!

I know it's pointless to keep saying this, but Best Buy is not sold out. The site is just broken. You can't sell out of something that no one can buy. If your cart empties or if either console shows as unavailable, just keep checking and you'll see the "pre-order" button again. Of course you still won't be able to pre-order, but nonetheless, it's not actually sold out and at some point tonight people should be able to place their orders for about 5 minutes before they really sell out.

We’re pleased to extend this opportunity to be one of the first to pre-order a PS5™ Console!

• Starting 10am PT, Friday 9/18 click below to enter the event

• This URL is unique to you and not meant to be shared with anyone else*

• When clicked, you will be placed in a waiting room

• When it’s your turn, you’ll get access to complete your PS5™ Console Pre-Order Reservation!**

Things to keep in mind:

• When accessing the site, you’ll be asked for your PSN ID log in and password. Have these handy

• Have your credit card details ready

• You may add additional items to your PS5™ Console pre-order reservation.

• Don’t forget those extra DualSense™ controllers or PS5™ games!
Dude, congrats! You're one of the first to pre-order! :lol:

Wonder what the requirements to get picked were, unless it was first come first serve. Kinda figured having almost 100 platinums and having brought other things from their store would be good enough lol

Dude, congrats! You're one of the first to pre-order! :lol:
Sony to me:

giphy.gif

• When it’s your turn, you’ll get access to complete your PS5™ Console Pre-Order Reservation!**

Things to keep in mind:

• When accessing the site, you’ll be asked for your PSN ID log in and password. Have these handy

I got that too... wonder if Sony going to do anything special if we order from them direct.... besides letting us be one of the first :wall:

Wonder what the requirements to get picked were, unless it was first come first serve. Kinda figured having almost 100 platinums and having brought other things from their store would be good enough lol
maybe first time first serve? I applied really late and didn't get it. I did get my gamestop bundle though.

Best buy has this under shipping in the cart now.. "All of our pre-orders have been claimed, but we’ll email you when yours is ready for shipping or pickup."

Things to keep in mind:

do you have a lot of hours playing and a lot of trophies?

I own about 75 Playstation consoles, over 4000 games, about 100 platinum trophies, and have been a PS PLus member since day one and didn't get picked...

I got an order in at Target earlier after it told me it was sold out... took me multiple tries to check out but I was able to get one... 17 minutes after it was posted. 

Not sure I'll keep it though. Miles looks interesting but I don't think it's a system seller for me and DS... will just kick my ass.

The requirements were “luck”. They just randomly picked email addys.

Glad I pulled the trigger on the advanced bundle while it was available. Not to happy about paying 59.99 for plus but it had to be done or I probably would have to wait until next year to get one.

I got an order in at Target earlier after it told me it was sold out... took me multiple tries to check out but I was able to get one... 17 minutes after it was posted.

Not sure I'll keep it though. Miles looks interesting but I don't think it's a system seller for me and DS... will just kick my ass.
I would just hold the preorder till you are sure. you can always return it if you don't want it.

Glad I pulled the trigger on the advanced bundle while it was available. Not to happy about paying 59.99 for plus but it had to be done or I probably would have to wait until next year to get one.
yeah those bundles sold out pretty fast once everyone realized they were still in stock... My BIL just tried to order and everything is gone now.

I'm trying to order a fucking washer/dryer combo that is on sale at Best Buy and it ends tonight and I can't even do that because of this bullshit.

So, despite saying for weeks that they would not sneak release preorders in the middle of the night - would give everyone a weeks notice before they put them up for preorder, etc. they still let retailers release them randomly the day BEFORE they said that they would be available.  Some things never change.  I got 100% lucky this console generation.  I went into my Gamestop around 5:45PM just to ask my friend who works there if they knew anything about how they would be releasing them in stores.  He said that Gamestop had not told them anything yet.  So, right before we got ready to leave at around 6:00PM, he say, "let me check the page again and see if they have a time or anything listed."  He jaw literally hit the floor.  "Crap, they are up.  They must have just gone up because there was nothing here 15 minutes ago."  So, for the first time EVER, I was the first one in my town to preorder a new system.  No standing in line, no clicked refresh on my keyboard, just walked into the store and boom it was appeared ... as if by magic.  With the all the crap I went through trying to get PS2-PS4, I was owed a pass for once I guess.  LOL  He said they had 20 Disc system and 4 Digital system for preorder.  Didn't think to ask him if that was a lot for an initial preorder.  Crazy thing is that they had been telling people to check back in the morning so you know there is going to be a line of people.  He started at 6PM calling people on the call list, I am pretty sure they sold out before they closed at 8PM.  I hope they at least put up a sign so no one sits outside that store waiting for them to open at noon.

P.S.  I am also happy to report that they enforced a one system per person rule.  Let everyone get a chance at one of these.

Well this is a fine thing to log in and see before heading tp bed. I guess this cements the notion to pick up a Series X at launch instead of the PS5.

Sony has gone further and further down the hole of just not caring and assuming people will just come to them. Just flat out lying to people now about preorder and not caring one bit about the backlash that might come from it.

Congratulations, you've been selected!

Things to keep in mind:

I just got the same email, now I can stop clicking on broken BB cart, yay!

Well this is a fine thing to log in and see before heading tp bed. I guess this cements the notion to pick up a Series X at launch instead of the PS5.

Sony has gone further and further down the hole of just not caring and assuming people will just come to them. Just flat out lying to people now about preorder and not caring one bit about the backlash that might come from it.
Not even released yet and XBox is winning the war lol

lol @ bestbuy

Error
Sorry, we're having a system issue, but it should only be temporary.
Please wait a little while before trying again.

Good luck to everyone. I got super lucky calling my local GameStop as I left work to see if they would have preorders TOMORROW and they had just gone live today. Got mine with the digital sold out and four disc drive consoles left. If I had called any earlier or any later I almost certainly would have missed. Good luck and I hope these websites get running correctly for you.

bread's done
Back