Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

lol @ bestbuy

Warning

Sony - PlayStation 5 Console is no longer available for the delivery method you selected.
Sorry about that! Please choose a different way to get your order.

I'm done with Best Buy for the PS5. This isn't worth it for over 2 hours only to have them cancel your order probably in a day or two anyway.

Just a massive failure on their part.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ bestbuy 

at this point, just either reboot your POS system or allocate more resources to handle the extra load. 

I clicked on another button by accident on BB, and it took me away from my cart. Now every link I click sends me to the same page saying "Sorry, something went wrong."

Really pissed all my GameStop’s said they wouldn’t do it til tomorrow after hearing ppl got it today. I got one in at Target for the physical model but I’m going to try my GameStop tomorrow for guaranteed midnight launch. If not at least I have target. Anyone have experience wirh release day shipping from Target?

I got to the place your order screen again but now:

Sony - PlayStation 5... is no longer available for shipping.
Sorry about that! You still might be able to get it if you check nearby stores for availability.

Dream might be dead boys, I'll probably give it another 5 minutes before calling it

Got my pre-order for the disc drive model by physically going to gamestop earlier.  I hate how severely sony has dropped the ball with this whole thing.  Objectively that had to be the worst video game press event of all time, none of the important information was given during the event itself and was instead handed out by third parties on twitter.  Absolutely awful.

of course i easily had in my cart and on place order page with both target and walmart but had no desire to order with them because of reward points with bestbuy and then we have that absolute shitshow with bestbuy ................... make sure anybody here that just went through 3 hours of bullshit thanks to bestbuy let them know how you feel on all there social media sites i mean what in the fck

Now Best Buy just says “coming soon” with no more pre-order button. I bet it never even went live yet and they were still setting it up.

Honestly, tonight has gone mostly as expected. Walmart went up quick and was mostly okay with some cancellations sprinkled in (and maybe more to come!), Amazon is off doing their own thing, Gamestop was sloppy as hell but borderline functional, no problems with Target, and Best Buy is a joke. Fairly predictable.

Got a digital edition at GS. My store manager called me to ask if I wanted one specifically and rolled credit on to it that I had. Love my store that I frequent. Also put money down because I’ll be out of town and they’re rolling forward onto a Series X for me too!

Was surprised how well Target's site handled it. BB also completely failed for me after trying for about 2 1/2 hours. This tech store really needs to get their systems in check for this sort of volume.

of course i easily had in my cart and on place order page with both target and walmart but had no desire to order with them because of reward points with bestbuy and then we have that absolute shitshow with bestbuy ................... make sure anybody here that just went through 3 hours of bullshit thanks to bestbuy let them know how you feel on all there social media sites i mean what in the fck
In the grand scheme, nobody cares. Best Buy really doesn’t deserve to be torn to shreds for this, and they won’t. Either will Sony. Lol at the people “yeah it’s time to jump for everyone to jump the PlayStation ship” as it will sell over 80 million units again.

In the grand scheme, nobody cares. Best Buy really doesn’t deserve to be torn to shreds for this, and they won’t. Either will Sony. Lol at the people “yeah it’s time to jump for everyone to jump the PlayStation ship” as it will sell over 80 million units again.
It probably will sell that many, but after promising that they would not just drop preorders like they did, do you blame these people for doing that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot f people upset at the retailers for f'ing this up, but more people should be putting the blame on Sony. Do you really think that this many retailers would put it up at this time if Sony didn't give them the ok to do so? 

Sony doesn't give a shit about customers anymore and don't care that they lied to people. They are in the same mind set they are in after the PS@ era. Even had that tone of heavy superiority with the short speech at the end of the presentation. 

People on Twitter and Reddit actually saying thank you for putting it out early ... 

Sony is starting to smell a bit like overconfidence again like at the start of the PS3 era. This preorder fiasco, no backward compatibility etc

I am pretty confident that the BB preorders haven't happened yet.  No one got anything except like 1 person I saw on Twitter who got it VERY quickly.

At least I got to order my fucking washer and dryer now that this shit is over.

I see a lot f people upset at the retailers for f'ing this up, but more people should be putting the blame on Sony. Do you really think that this many retailers would put it up at this time if Sony didn't give them the ok to do so?
yes.. you think sony is going to tell walmart to go fuck themselves? Walmart does what they want. They have more power than sony.

bread's done
Back