Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Cyberpunk is NOT coming to next-gen at launch. It’ll be released at a later date; most likely next year. The November release date is only for PS4 and Xbox One. Now, there will be a next-gen update if you have the PS4 or Xbox One version, but when that will actually launch, I don’t know.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1306599527827140614

"With the recent reveal of next-generation Xbox and PlayStation consoles’ launch dates we wanted to remind everyone that #Cyberpunk2077 will be playable on those systems on November 19th. Almost like a launch title, right?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyberpunk is NOT coming to next-gen at launch. It’ll be released at a later date; most likely next year. The November release date is only for PS4 and Xbox One. Now, there will be a next-gen update if you have the PS4 or Xbox One version, but when that will actually launch, I don’t know.
I’m pretty sure you’ll still be able to play that game on the new consoles at launch though, it just won’t be enhanced, or am I mistaken?

Edit: thanks for the post ThatOneGuyWho

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1306599527827140614

"With the recent reveal of next-generation Xbox and PlayStation consoles’ launch dates we wanted to remind everyone that #Cyberpunk2077 will be playable on those systems on November 19th. Almost like a launch title, right?"
It will be playable, but it will be the Xbox One/PS4 version of the game. The next-gen patches don't come out until sometime next year.

I'm assuming the PS5 will be running the PS4 Pro version until patched.

Honestly, I’m super pumped for this launch regardless if quite a bit of stuff comes to the older generations as well.

Cyberpunk should be absolutely amazing
Demons Souls will be a time sink
Miles Morales should be solid

I was fine with the PS4 when I got it at launch but imo this should be damn fun until God of War next year.

Not sure if it was shown but here is the digital box.

3fd6e3a1-bbe3-4bea-9d2f-c45f047c3891.fb8811a9fa97746aac7ca6823fee8a62.png

If semantics were the case, no one would be pre-ordering PS5 like hotcakes right now.

It’s all about the new hotness. I’m not interested in playing a last gen version of a brand new game on a superior console.

Honestly, I’m super pumped for this launch regardless if quite a bit of stuff comes to the older generations as well.

Cyberpunk should be absolutely amazing
Demons Souls will be a time sink
Miles Morales should be solid

I was fine with the PS4 when I got it at launch but imo this should be damn fun until God of War next year.
Honestly PS5 launch is looking like best launch Sony has done and the second best overall. I’ve been gaming since NES. The best launch ever goes to the switch. Great machine and Zelda kicked ass.

Regardless it's still not a "next gen" version of the game and to argue otherwise is ridiculous.
Not that I don't agree, I was only stating that the game is launching on the PS5. I don't care what version of it since I'm not even going to play it. It's still launching on the PS5 as the devs stated.

Also, it appears that though they won't be fully upgraded versions, next gen players will still have a slightly enhanced experience from day one on those consoles.

""At some point we’re going to have a more robust update for the for the next-gens, which we’re planning to give free of charge to anybody who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version, but in any case you will be able to play the game on the next-gens from the 19th of November when the game releases, and it will look better than on the next-gens from that moment," Kicinski explained."

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-free-next-gen-update-ps5-xbox-series-x

Honestly PS5 launch is looking like best launch Sony has done and the second best overall. I’ve been gaming since NES. The best launch ever goes to the switch. Great machine and Zelda kicked ass.
The Switch launch was the only one I skipped in recent memory. I got Zelda on Wii U. I got one when Mario came out.

Not that I don't agree, I was only stating that the game is launching on the PS5. I don't care what version of it since I'm not even going to play it. It's still launching on the PS5 as the devs stated.
It’s not launching on the PS5 though. To even be able to play the game, you have to own the last gen version of it.

That does not count as a launch title.

So can I play all ps4 discs on the ps5 disc version?
They're saying basically all PS4 games will (99% was their number) but it seems like they have to test each one individually so that's why they have not definitively said "yes, all PS4 games will be BC".

I think it has a lot to do with the storage... PS4 games had to be built around a 5400RPM HD (which has been around ages) and PS5 uses storage tech that's just being introduced- that's transfer speeds of 100MB/s in the old HD vs 5.5GB/s (yes, GB/s... as in 5500MB/s) for the new SSDs. I mean, I stuck a standard SSD (which is around 500MB/s) on my PS4 Pro and beyond the improvements overall, I do notice my games have weird hiccups/issues since the games were not meant to be run off of a SSD in many cases.

Regardless it's still not a "next gen" version of the game and to argue otherwise is ridiculous.
While I agree with this sentiment, if the game can hold up 60fps with PS4 level graphics on the PS5, I'll take it. Maybe it won't look like the best game but I'm hoping the PS4 games with PS5 upgrades come in the form of better framerates.

Guess the devs are splitting hairs than by stating they are coming out for those consoles on launch week.
The game is launching that week, BUT FOR PS4 AND XBOX ONE.

It’ll play on your new console, but it will not be enhanced.

The game is not releasing any next-gen updates or a next-gen version until later.

I don’t know how I could possibly any more clear on this.

If it doesn’t say PS5 or XBOX on the game case, it ain’t a launch title.

The game is launching that week, BUT FOR PS4 AND XBOX ONE.

It’ll play on your new console, but it will not be enhanced.

The game is not releasing any next-gen updates or a next-gen version until later.

I don’t know how I could possibly any more clear on this.

If it doesn’t say PS5 or Series X, it ain’t a launch title.
Again, I don't disagree. Your gripe is with the devs who state those games are launching for those consoles that week. Be angry at them.

But you’re the one who included the game in your list of launch titles.
As a playable launch window title for those consoles. I also included the PS+ Collection games that are also supposed to be playable on the PS5 at launch.

Really no need to get angry about what games are playable on the console at launch.

:D/ Haha, the guy I had been chatting with for a couple hours looked at me with a slightly confused face was like 'But aren't you gonna get the Playstation?'. I felt bad for a sec, and then told him I had another pre-order already. Can't turn down the cash, gotta pay these bills, know what I'm sayin'? Plus that'll pay for a game or two.
Wow nice
How did you find a buyer?

Not going lie if I could get another disc model I would so flip it trying to make the one I’m keeping as close to free as possible.

Guess the devs are splitting hairs than by stating they are coming out for those consoles on launch week.
They said almost all PS4 titles are playable on the PS5 at launch, but I wouldn't consider any of them launch titles either.

Wow nice
How did you find a buyer?
At about 10 minutes before store open this guy rocked up and offered $200 for a pre-order ticket. Nobody bit, so I waited 10 minutes and then said I'll do it for $300. No hesitation at all on his part. Tons of people showed up after all the tickets were spoken for.

bread's done
Back