Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

In case there are in store pre-orders, here are the UPCs.

PS5 Digital

UPC: 711719541035

LCwyqUN.gif

PS5 Disc

UPC: 711719541028

Wrn6yFM.gif

Just because I was curious, I went to the target website. Searched for PS5, clicked on disk model and it said in stock, so I went ahead and ordered one with my red card. I had no trouble, took about 15 minutes to get an email confirmation.

It seems waiting for the mess to cool down before doing anything paid off. Good luck.

I have a feeling there was some artificial scarcity that we'll see go away at a lot of retailers.  I'm thinking Sony gave a "small" allotment number to various retailers and then has the option to increase it as often as they want.  I'm sure there is a finite number, but it may be much larger than the past 24 hours indicates.  Maybe it's devious on the part of Sony or maybe Sony is just being very cautious.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. I really want to see the cross menu system and how different apps look and run (such as Netflix and Spotify). Surprised we haven't seen much of that actually.
All in all real gameplay and practical info has been almost nil. I mean this thing is two months out and we just saw 'real' gameplay footage of Spider-Man and Demon's Souls.

I remember when I pre ordered the PS4 I didn't get in on the initial batch. Many places with have periodic restocks.

The main thing I want to see is if Sony has something like the Quick a resume feature for multiple Games like Xbox has shown off already...and if we can turn off the startup beep

The main thing I want to see is if Sony has something like the Quick a resume feature for multiple Games like Xbox has shown off already...and if we can turn off the startup beep
The lack of multiple open games between users has always bugged me despite my console primarily being for one person. Or maybe especially because of that. Although with all my games disc based instead of digital, I’d have to switch them around while it maintains state, so maybe that was slightly harder to code.

I'm just wondering why Sony still hasn't explained the expanded hard drive options or more importantly how much they will cost. I'm just worried because I have a feeling it'll be proprietary and we all remember the vita.

Same. I really want to see the cross menu system and how different apps look and run (such as Netflix and Spotify). Surprised we haven't seen much of that actually.
Tbh, Even though I'm buying, I have to admit I've been super skeptical of this launch. Both Xbox and PS5. They've given us very little, I really didn't think there needed to be a nextgen console this soon... I mean games still look amazing on PS4 Pro and X1X in 4K/HDR, and the storage for both consoles leaves a lot to be desired. I always thought waiting until 2021 or 2022 when storage capacity is more affordable and a launch console could have a 2tb SSD for not an insane price would've been better.

These consoles will be full like 5 games in and the constant deleting and redownloading is going to be insufferable.

Plus, they've been purposefully mum on so many features, maybe they're hiding things for a reason and they know the consoles aren't gonna blow away the gamers right away. I'm sure down the road it will be amazing when best utilized, but I'm not expecting these launches to blow fans away.

Tbh, Even though I'm buying, I have to admit I've been super skeptical of this launch. Both Xbox and PS5. They've given us very little, I really didn't think there needed to be a nextgen console this soon... I mean games still look amazing on PS4 Pro and X1X in 4K/HDR, and the storage for both consoles leaves a lot to be desired. I always thought waiting until 2021 or 2022 when storage capacity is more affordable and a launch console could have a 2tb SSD for not an insane price would've been better.

These consoles will be full like 5 games in and the constant deleting and redownloading is going to be insufferable.

Plus, they've been purposefully mum on so many features, maybe they're hiding things for a reason and they know the consoles aren't gonna blow away the gamers right away. I'm sure down the road it will be amazing when best utilized, but I'm not expecting these launches to blow fans away.
Also buying and also think that a Pro+legit SSD would be enough for ~75% of the consumer market to be happy (I doubt 4K TV adoption is much past 25% of the gamer market).

I think this is why we are seeing the emphasis on backwards compatibility. They know they don't have much to motivate you to run out and spend $500 plus at launch. As a slim owner, it just needs to be better than a Pro to feel like a justified purchase for me.

Not that I'm ok or will pay $70 for any game but forget just how expensive games were back in the day. Still not paying $70 though  :booty: 

TRU Ad 1996 SNES
CZJ6pqbIpSrdqqGnhPh1hPHfaNVFNtgIv_F52RrTvL0.jpg

TRU Canada 90s SNES

Ggxyr6v.jpg

N64 90s

2848514-6828098133-22520.jpg

Not that I'm ok or will pay $70 for any game but forget just how expensive games were back in the day. Still not paying $70 though :booty:

TRU Ad 1996 SNES

TRU Canada 90s SNES
Ggxyr6v.jpg

N64 90s
Cartridges though. I remember paying a lot for nba jam and I think maybe Mario kart 64 back in the day. Those were the days.

I'm just wondering why Sony still hasn't explained the expanded hard drive options or more importantly how much they will cost. I'm just worried because I have a feeling it'll be proprietary and we all remember the vita.
They're going to cost $200+ dude. Just file that away.

Cartridges though. I remember paying a lot for nba jam and I think maybe Mario kart 64 back in the day. Those were the days.
In 1992 Street Fighter 2 on the Super Nintendo was $74.99 retail (IF you could find it!).

That is nearly $140.00 today after factoring in inflation.

I bought it at that time, for that much, and I had ZERO regrets.

:bouncy:

Also buying and also think that a Pro+legit SSD would be enough for ~75% of the consumer market to be happy (I doubt 4K TV adoption is much past 25% of the gamer market).

I think this is why we are seeing the emphasis on backwards compatibility. They know they don't have much to motivate you to run out and spend $500 plus at launch. As a slim owner, it just needs to be better than a Pro to feel like a justified purchase for me.
The only thing that would really motivate a good chunk of people to go out and get a PS5 right away would be the confirmation of a frame rate unlock / patch for your Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 disc on your PS5. CD Projekt Red has already come out and said that they're supporting improvements immediately upon launch, and that a much bigger patch will be coming at a later time.

It's going to be interesting to see how games / developers / publishers support this stuff going forward.

Like I would want to start playing Monster Hunter World again with Iceborne on a day1 PS5 if they could uncap the frame rate on that. I'm just done with the 30fps/4K thing. It's not hard to do. Just a matter of what kind of support it gets.

Caved in and preordered a disk version from Target. Down the road I can get a digital and use the disk version for the family blue ray and DVD movies. Would rather save 100 dollars, and the disk version bugs my ocd a bit.

Not that I'm ok or will pay $70 for any game but forget just how expensive games were back in the day. Still not paying $70 though :booty:

TRU Ad 1996 SNES

TRU Canada 90s SNES
Ggxyr6v.jpg

N64 90s
Honestly it was the PS1’s disk drive and popularity that drove downward pressure on game prices. The generation after that cemented cheap game prices as everyone converted to disk. Also I get it games can’t stay 59.99 due to inflation, rising labor cost, etc.

In 1992 Street Fighter 2 on the Super Nintendo was $74.99 retail (IF you could find it!).

I remember that the cart was one of the biggest meg wise. Worth every penny at the time

Walmart page says they're going on sale in less than an hour.[attachment=34608:Screenshot_20200917-191102.png]

I lost power yesterday morning because of Hurricane Sally. I just now got it back and of course the preorders went up when I could not get online. Hopefully I can get in on the second wave at Best Buy.

Edit - I just noticed the post above mine.......

I remember that the cart was one of the biggest meg wise. Worth every penny at the time
I think the original SFII was a 16-Meg cart, which in 1992 were still pretty rare (I think it might have been the first on SNES). But within a year or two they started ballooning, with some games having 32-Meg carts or even more. I remember it clearly because EGM made a point of always listing megs in all their reviews and previews. It was such a big deal at the time, especially with fighting games. I remember Eternal Champions was hyped because of all the megs and it turned out to be toilet trash.

TRU Ad 1996 SNES

TRU Canada 90s SNES
Ggxyr6v.jpg

N64 90s
Man I try to tell people this all the time, but apparently no one remembers but us!

I remember when Street Fighter 2 Turbo came out on SNES, you couldn't find it anywhere. My mom spent the entire day driving me around to Toys R Us, Fedco, Target, ect to find it. Only a Blockbuster Video had a sealed copy, after taxes it was like $91.

Totally worth it. Put a thousand hours into that game.

And there you have it.  This is exactly the type of thing that Xbox is fixing and that Playstation isn't.  They could simply give you the updated game for free but they aren't (forward compatibility).  They want to sell it again for $39.99 as a re-master.  That type of thing, coupled with the $70 prices are displeasing to discerning buyers.  But there's so few of us that I don't think it really matters.  People buy whatever they want. 

So props to Microsoft.  When you own a game you own it for life, on the new system, and in its best form.  With both digital and physical ownership. 

Isn't that Capcom? Capcom loves to double, triple dip.

And there you have it. This is exactly the type of thing that Xbox is fixing and that Playstation isn't. They could simply give you the updated game for free but they aren't (forward compatibility). They want to sell it again for $39.99 as a re-master. That type of thing, coupled with the $70 prices are displeasing to discerning buyers. But there's so few of us that I don't think it really matters. People buy whatever they want.

So props to Microsoft. When you own a game you own it for life, on the new system, and in its best form. With both digital and physical ownership.

How the hell you all get them?  Literally the first time the page refreshed for me after it said "preorders coming at 9" it was OOS.

And there you have it. This is exactly the type of thing that Xbox is fixing and that Playstation isn't. They could simply give you the updated game for free but they aren't (forward compatibility). They want to sell it again for $39.99 as a re-master. That type of thing, coupled with the $70 prices are displeasing to discerning buyers. But there's so few of us that I don't think it really matters. People buy whatever they want.

So props to Microsoft. When you own a game you own it for life, on the new system, and in its best form. With both digital and physical ownership.
That's not a Sony game that's capcom, same company that sold games on switch with just a code for crazy prices.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-series-x/games/products/devil-may-cry-5-special-edition/11108957.html

I was prepared with card and address all set. 9 pm add to cart. 9:01 still loading. OOS.
I had it added and it was in a loading loop so just assumed a reload of the page would've kept me in my spot, but I shouldn't expect anything else out of Walmart. I bet half these preorders will get canceled.

oh well. No matter, the silver lining is I don't have a lot of time for gaming as it is anymore so I'll get one when I get one, lol

Got an order in at Walmart.

Got it into the cart, said out of stock, so I clicked the view cart button. It never removed it from my cart, so I just kept trying until it went through.

I was there, got it in my cart but didn't show, clicked again had 2 in cart, removed one, and OOS, all happened less than a minute must have sold out in a few seconds. Tonight more scalpers will dine with fine wine!

Walmart pulled a Best Buy on me. Item showed in cart clicked to pay. Site showed “technical difficulties” error, then all sold out. At least I know within minutes instead of hours like BB.

I am currently without power. 

Got on Walmart app.

9:00

Added PS5.

Added Delivery 

Added Payment 

Placed order

All seemed to be working flawlessly 

Got Six Texts From Bank 

OF six different Charges all within seconds

All charges Denied.

RIP