Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Is Sony going to let you use PS4 controllers for ps4 games played on the ps5? Not sure how you would track things in ps vr.
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5. - PlayStation Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5. - PlayStation Blog
Nice thanks. I have a sizable psvr back log after the games got liquidated at $10-15 bucks a pop.

Great news Spider fans! Insomniac just tweeted that anybody that owns Spider-Man on PS4 right now, gets the PS5 remaster for free. You no longer need to buy the super expensive Miles Morales edition to get it.

Unfortunately that's not the official Twitter account, it's a parody account.  The official account says nothing about a free upgrade.

Son of a bitch. Well, I wasn't the only one that was tricked. Some gaming websites are reporting it as being true. So, maybe the real insomniac will do the right thing, and make it so. It doesn't really make sense to have Spider Man be one of the 18 PS4 games in that weird collection, and not have it be the remastered PS5 version.

Son of a bitch. Well, I wasn't the only one that was tricked. Some gaming websites are reporting it as being true. So, maybe the real insomniac will do the right thing, and make it so. It doesn't really make sense to have Spider Man be one of the 18 PS4 games in that weird collection, and not have it be the remastered PS5 version.
lol, some parody account makes a claim and Insomniac should do the right thing? The parody account posting fake news should be deleted, Insomniac shouldn't do anything.

I'm never trolling, unfortunately. I wish that I was. Everybody seems to accuse me of it enough. I just need to start wearing my glasses more. I totally didn't catch the misspelling.

I just tried the sony queue.  After a fraud phone call, I think I got one.  Got to a confirmation page, but then it refreshed and put me back in a queue to get in site and check my account.  No email yet either.  We shall see.  Gonna cancel dumb walmart if it went through (before they oversell and cancel it for me)

That’s absolutely great, I’m just really hoping the PS5 controller has better build quality than the PS4s.

I don’t know what they did, but they Sony must have used worse parts at a certain time in the systems life cycle on the controllers. This year I went through 2 brand new ones that got stick drift in 6 months. Never had it with the 2 I got early on in the system cycle.

Hoping the PS5 controller works great with PS4 games, I might just sell my working PS4 controllers because I just think they are bound to break.

Got through on Sony direct! I don’t have an email yet, but I took a screenshot of the order completion... fingers crossed!

For the people who got selected was it easier to get a preorder through Sony
sat and worked with queue loaded on other screen, after 40 mins got dinged in and yes, other than fraud alert, was easy, if it actually goes through

makes me wish xbox would do it too, and invite me of course

Edit: got back into site to 'My Orders' and it shows a perty PS5 and headset :)

Used the Sony site, it worked easy.  Added it to my cart, input my info, and checked out.  Got my confirmation email shortly after.  Definitely feeling lucky I got picked for the pre-order through them, seeing all the hassle people had to deal with from retailers.

I don't think they will since they already have the skus up for the miles morales ultimate edition and the big selling point of that version is it comes with the upgraded spiderman ps4

I just bought the last of console so I thought I would be picked but it might have to do with not receiving promotional emails from Sony. I receive emails confirming I made a PlayStation store purchase but nothing else...?

I just bought the last of console so I thought I would be picked but it might have to do with not receiving promotional emails from Sony. I receive emails confirming I made a PlayStation store purchase but nothing else...?
I haven't received promotional emails from don't for a long time. Always been subscribed to receive them but there's some glitch I think. I remember reading years ago that it was an issue with a lot of people. So that's probably why I didn't get the email.

So I pasted my link in Chrome and it loaded right up and was able to buy. Wasted an hour using Microsoft Edge....

Yeah, I’m kinda paranoid that way

Email finally showed up ten minutes or so later. By the way, free release day shipping for ps+ members was a nice bonus!
Ha, an hour late I got an email, but only for the headset :joystick:

looks like the one purchase got split into 2 order numbers just to complicate it more.

I only got an email from Amazon for the digital edition.

Edit: Never mind I got one for the disc version too.

Sat through 30 minutes of the PS page.  Got the ding.  And there was no PS5 for preorder in their store.  Massive disappointment.

Also got the Amazon email. To think I nearly cancelled my Walmart.com order after locking one in at Amazon. :shock:
Wonder if Walmart preorders yesterday evening was due to others having cancelled their orders after they secured one on Amazon. It’s a good thing you kept yours, but like someone earlier said it’s probably just Amazon covering themselves if they don’t get as large of a shipment as they anticipate.

The fact that my order from Amazon said "delivery date pending" I kind of expected this. I have another ordered from Target but that seemed a little wishy washy on the delivery date too so I will probably just have to accept that I may get it the following week.

Yeah, I think it's just Amazon doing a "better safe than sorry" here. I can wait if need be, I bought mine using nothing but Amazon credit so I'm good sticking with them.

bread's done
Back