Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

microsoft warning about lack of availability for the series x, after they told the whole world exactly when and where and what time to preorder it. if ps5 preorders were a mess, what will everyone say when all the xbox consoles are bought up by bots in less than a minute?
They basically gave bots a set time to monitor sites, it might not end well.

Only reason I got the amazon order, was someone posted add to cart link before it went live.

Websites are going to crash. I am not sure why people think that getting hot items like these will be easier if companies announce the exact time and date when preorders will be live. 

I recall you posting this is the GS forum. Did you ever report her?
I decided to call the store a few days later and asked to speak with the manager, I thought her, since she said she was the manager. It was the same time the riots were starting, so I just wanted to ask her if she felt that escalation was really appropriate and necessary, confirm she didn’t feel threatened in any way. If she walked it back over the phone later I was going to just leave it at that, but when a guy picked up, and responded with “I’m the manager”, I wasn’t expecting that at all. I ended up explaining that there was an incident at “this date and time” where she felt police involvement might be required, and threatened a fully cooperative customer with it. I said I just wanted to make sure she realizes that was not appropriate. He said he would review the footage, discuss with the employee and call me back. He never did call me back, but that served as reporting her to her manager at least. If he just swept it under the rug or did nothing, I would be angry, but other than that, I don’t care too much what happened, he would have done whatever he felt appropriate with the facts and footage available to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Websites are going to crash. I am not sure why people think that getting hot items like these will be easier if companies announce the exact time and date when preorders will be live.
Exactly, I think the Sony launch actually gave regular people more of a chance. The invitation only pre-orders too. Sure it was random and luck was involved, but better than everything going to bots.

The big difference for me with the Xbox pre-orders will be that I'm limited to one retailer (Best Buy). PS5 was my priority and I was willing to get it just about anywhere, but with the Xbox I need to go with Best Buy since that's where I have a ton of store credit. So it's Best Buy or bust, which doesn't leave me feeling very confident after what happened last week.

The big difference for me with the Xbox pre-orders will be that I'm limited to one retailer (Best Buy). PS5 was my priority and I was willing to get it just about anywhere, but with the Xbox I need to go with Best Buy since that's where I have a ton of store credit. So it's Best Buy or bust, which doesn't leave me feeling very confident after what happened last week.
I wasn't able to get a PS5 because my credit was limited to a couple places, and a mix of the rush of people from the surprise announcement that it's being preordered already, and me being a little naive and too relaxed... well I was a CAG who didn't end up with one.

Well, I got a PS5. So, if I don't get an Xbox Series X right away it's not the biggest deal. Though I would like to have one by Christmas, so I can gift my One X to my little brother. And, because of all of my discounted gift cards that I have bought, I'm saving about $100 on that console, compared to the $25 I saved on the PS5 buying it from Target with my Red Card. I wish that Sony also had a thing where we could buy the PS5 with PlayStation gift cards. Because, I see PlayStation gift cards get discounted way more often than Xbox ones do. At least on SlickDeals.

Tbf, that's only a 10% mark-up which is far more reasonable than most postings on eBay.
Provided he didn't preorder like 10, I wouldn't judge him too harshly, especially if there is a massive shortage around the holiday.
This is CAG. A forum and community dedicated to finding the best deals. And at one point in time also meant CAGs would help each other out. Their are CAGS on this forum that would rather buy an expensive ps5 bundle than pay a markup. I'll criticize where I see fit to. The least he could do is cancel the excess pre-order(s) if he is not willing to transfer to a fellow CAG without a markup. But, I suppose I'm hating on the player rather than the game.

Don't take this question as it being set in stone at all that I want to do such a deal but I was just wondering...

How would you do it? Just pay you the full amount of the system plus $50? Or...?
If I were him, I'd have the person pay me the $600 over PayPal or something and I'd change the shipping address on the order.
Obviously a lot of trust is involved in a transaction like this though.
You could also send $50 via PayPal and pay for the rest in GCs I imagine.

If I had one to resell, I would only do it on Facebook marketplace. Meet up with someone and get cash. I don't like the idea of someone trying to scam me on such an expensive item on ebay and plus the fees and shipping such a heavy item take even more money away from the sale.

If I had one to resell, I would only do it on Facebook marketplace. Meet up with someone and get cash. I don't like the idea of someone trying to scam me on such an expensive item on ebay and plus the fees and shipping such a heavy item take even more money away from the sale.
If you do this, I would recommend meeting up at a very public place, or at a police station, my friend tried to sell his Xbox One to some guy from Facebook, and the guy and three of his friends jumped my friend, stabbed him, stole his Xbox, and his wallet.

If you do this, I would recommend meeting up at a very public place, or at a police station, my friend tried to sell his Xbox One to some guy from Facebook, and the guy and three of his friends jumped my friend, stabbed him, stole his Xbox, and his wallet.
That sucks about your friend. I understand the risk but I have sold a lot of stuff through facebook marketplace including an Xbox One X Cyberpunk LE and the Lego NES set. I actually got more for those than if I would have sold them on ebay. I always meet at my Walmart parking lot in view of the cameras. Also it doesn't hurt to be carrying. Use your 2nd amendment rights.

That sucks about your friend. I understand the risk but I have sold a lot of stuff through facebook marketplace including an Xbox One X Cyberpunk LE and the Lego NES set. I actually got more for those than if I would have sold them on ebay. I always meet at my Walmart parking lot in view of the cameras. Also it doesn't hurt to be carrying. Use your 2nd amendment rights.
'Dis America baby, you gotta be packin' when selling those 'Boxes. Seriously though, somebody tries to rob me I'm gonna blast 'em. No remorse.

What part of the country is this?

Yikes.. what do guys think about meetinig in front of a target or something? Also, would people ever give counterfeit bills? Honestly, it makes you wonder if selling on ebay would be better...

Yikes.. what do guys think about meetinig in front of a target or something? Also, would people ever give counterfeit bills? Honestly, it makes you wonder if selling on ebay would be better...
Meet somewhere that’s inside and has cameras and/or security. Public places with lots of foot traffic work best. What you don’t want is a scenario where a group of people can jump you, hop in a car to speed away, or where it’s just you and someone can pull out a gun or knife.

If you meet at Target, sit down in the Target Starbucks and do the transaction sitting at a table.

eBay has other risks with scammers claiming they never received the item, swapping it and returning it, or using hacked accounts. In person saves you $ and can be safer as a seller. Just depends ... make the buyer jump through a couple hoops like meeting in public, etc. Might want to only accept $20s, stuff like that.

I worry about counterfeit bills in something like this.

I’ve essentially stopped selling anything over $50 on Ebay. Too many horror stories of Ebay siding with buyers. While sellers lose inventory and money. Selling big ticket items on Ebay- hell no.

Has anyone used Bestbuy car pickup for an order? I am wondering what would be the safest way to pick up a console discretely. What is going to stop criminals from following you home with the console and robbing you? 

That sounds like too much work. They would just hold up the Bestbuy worker bringing it to your car. I imagine a few people are going to be tailing UPS and FedEx trucks on Nov 12th.

Has anyone used Bestbuy car pickup for an order? I am wondering what would be the safest way to pick up a console discretely. What is going to stop criminals from following you home with the console and robbing you?
Go during daylight hours ... maybe morning when they first open. Anything is possible, but better to pick it up and then just keep an eye if anyone is following you. It sounds wrong to say, but if you can pick up your console from a store in a nicer area that helps too.

Dont go right home? Stop at Starbucks or some place you can park in front of. Then check surroundings if you are really worried.

Dont go right home? Stop at Starbucks or some place you can park in front of. Then check surroundings if you are really worried.
True ... just make sure you can see the car if you go into Starbucks, not to freak people out but some criminals will watch you load something into your car and then break in if you park elsewhere to do more shopping ... especially around the holidays.

Yes, I have. I bought Forza 7 when they had it on sale. When I went to the store, I had to go into the app and tell that I arrived. Then the employee came out with my game and asked me if I wanted it in the trunk or just hand it to me.

During Black Friday sale I was worried like you were, when I picked up a PS4 BF bundle. I drove to another store and made sure no one followed me and checked my surroundings before leaving for home.

Question about an Amazon PS5 preorder ... is it still possible to apply a bee giftcard to an existing order before it ships? I know it was like 5 years ago, but I feel like it’s not an option anymore. Anyone know?

This is CAG. A forum and community dedicated to finding the best deals. And at one point in time also meant CAGs would help each other out. Their are CAGS on this forum that would rather buy an expensive ps5 bundle than pay a markup. I'll criticize where I see fit to. The least he could do is cancel the excess pre-order(s) if he is not willing to transfer to a fellow CAG without a markup. But, I suppose I'm hating on the player rather than the game.
Time is money

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Meet somewhere that’s inside and has cameras and/or security. Public places with lots of foot traffic work best. What you don’t want is a scenario where a group of people can jump you, hop in a car to speed away, or where it’s just you and someone can pull out a gun or knife.

If you meet at Target, sit down in the Target Starbucks and do the transaction sitting at a table.

eBay has other risks with scammers claiming they never received the item, swapping it and returning it, or using hacked accounts. In person saves you $ and can be safer as a seller. Just depends ... make the buyer jump through a couple hoops like meeting in public, etc. Might want to only accept $20s, stuff like that.
Nice, thanks for the advice.... man 550 in 20s would be a big stack of bills

Just keep an eye out your rear view mirror and make sure no one's following you and maybe drive a elongated route to your home going through side streets or something. I really don't think that's anything to worry about.

Yes, I have. I bought Forza 7 when they had it on sale. When I went to the store, I had to go into the app and tell that I arrived. Then the employee came out with my game and asked me if I wanted it in the trunk or just hand it to me.

During Black Friday sale I was worried like you were, when I picked up a PS4 BF bundle. I drove to another store and made sure no one followed me and checked my surroundings before leaving for home.
Is it common for people to track buyers for consoles... that's the first time I've heard of that though I might pick up my ps5 from best buy and now i'm a little worried because it's not in the best part of town

Nice, thanks for the advice.... man 550 in 20s would be a big stack of bills
If you take 100s, don’t be afraid to hold them up and look for the watermark ... although the pen is more discreet ... hold them low so you don’t attract someone who might try to mug you in the parking lot. Honestly, it will probably be fine but just keep your wits about you like others have said. Things are gonna get weird in the next few months, keep an eye on Election Day ... things could get strange regardless of who wins.

Is it common for people to track buyers for consoles... that's the first time I've heard of that though I might pick up my ps5 from best buy and now i'm a little worried because it's not in the best part of town
It’s common for professional thieves to stake out parking lots around Black Friday and the lead up to Christmas. Most of them aren’t looking to have a direct conflict. They watch people walk out of the mall and either see if they drop bags in the trunk and go back in, or on rarer occasion they might follow the person to a second location.

Just stay in a highly trafficked location, keep everything out of sight in your trunk (not under something in the back seat) and if you have a big item, maybe go directly home if you feel you aren’t being followed or go through a drive thru like Starbucks. Most thieves won’t follow you to that degree because many drive thrus have cameras.

Just imagining the fleet of porch pirates raiding every large box Sept 10-15!  :beer:

I dunno, if I'm going to sell something $500 at a significant markup (2x) for profit, seems like something a little more traceable like Venmo would be better and definitely at the police station... I heard many offer "transaction zones".  :twoguns: Bring a portable TV so you can go-pro testing the unit before handing it over  :hd:  Good luck to anyone flipping this upcoming generation... I'm look forward to seeing all the Youtube videos of people flipping PS5s for boats/cars/prom dates/etc :fridge:

I will only meet at a police station or a bank where there are security around or at least always cameras. I always take a picture of the persons car and license plate before I finish the sale too. And always check the cash with a counterfeit pen.

Been scammed once and wish I had at least the guys plates to go to the police. There was security footage but it wasn't enough to make a report of since his face was covered and plates weren't legible. 

Not sure about people selling stuff like PS5's in public but if you do, go meet at a police station during the day. Make sure you have someone with you too. If you're worried about a sale or have an intuition, don't ignore it and don't meet.

Question about an Amazon PS5 preorder ... is it still possible to apply a bee giftcard to an existing order before it ships? I know it was like 5 years ago, but I feel like it’s not an option anymore. Anyone know?
i dont think it is an option anymore. i have an order of far cry 6 steelbook from August 15th that i can no longer apply gift cards to.

Going to make another suggestion. This will cost a few bucks, but it might help. So I would recommend possibly getting a dashcam if you are super worried. They make models with front and back cameras so you could catch someone following you on video and possibly get a face/license plate.

I was just being cautious because everyone sees what you are buying when shopping inside a Gamestop during Black Friday. Like others have mentioned, thieves know that people are buying consoles at that time and are probably sitting out in the parking lot and scoping out the area.

If you are really worried then just drive around a parking lot or your neighborhood and keep an eye on your rear view mirror.

This generation more than any other, it seems like you have to buy both consoles or build a PC, if you want to play all of the games available.
I'm starting to think about PC gaming, if for no other reason than this, preorder problems, and the whole selling in $750 bundles BS. Sigh.

I'm thinking of getting a gaming PC too, possibly a cheap one on Black Friday. I have a lot of MMOs that I used to play that are PC exclusive, and I'd really like to surrender all of my free time to them again. Especially since Guild Wars 2 is about to get a brand new expansion with a revamped graphical engine.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Toss that PS5 in the trash. Microsoft just bought Bethesda. All future Bethesda games will be Xbox and PC exclusives.
for all we know all bethesda titles might just go the way of minecraft where everything is multiplat anyway because MS has stated they dont care about console sales, they just care about selling games to as many gamers as possible and selling gamepass subscriptions.

bread's done
Back