Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Yeah Xbox would be dumb to throw that much money away and not release games on PlayStation. Those Bethesda games do well on PS4. If ES6 sold just 2m copies on PS5 that would be $100M+. Not to mention that would be their first real shot at Japan since 2006. My guess is they leave it vague for now to make ppl buy Xbox Series consoles but in 2021 say things are coming to PS too. I wouldn’t be shocked if Game Pass comes to PS5 at some point either. $7b is a lot to spend if you’re not making it a platform agnostic software service

Yeah Xbox would be dumb to throw that much money away and not release games on PlayStation. Those Bethesda games do well on PS4. If ES6 sold just 2m copies on PS5 that would be $100M+. Not to mention that would be their first real shot at Japan since 2006. My guess is they leave it vague for now to make ppl buy Xbox Series consoles but in 2021 say things are coming to PS too. I wouldn’t be shocked if Game Pass comes to PS5 at some point either. $7b is a lot to spend if you’re not making it a platform agnostic software service
Yeah, it does seem likely Bethesda's biggest franchises would arrive on PS consoles even after being acquired y MS. That is certainly what we've seen from other supposed Xbox-only developers.

Even Sony has realized that console exclusivity is a costly initiative. Recall Sony is now making MLB The Show for Xbox.

I hadn’t really thought about it prior to the comments, but I agree, this console release I think people should be particularly careful.  Most everyone will be fine, but the conditions are ripe for this to be one of the biggest targets for theft and fraud ever.  The Covid quarantine, gaming bigger and more mainstream, coming off a period of riots, release right after what’s sure to be a contentious and bitter election.  There is a lot of scalper hate out there too.  Botters and professional scalpers disgust me.  I get it, I see some soccer mom with a trunk full of ps4s I scoff as much as anyone, but like someone else mentioned earlier, don’t hate the player, hate the game.  These are still people trying to live and make money, in a way that’s annoying, but don’t think you can say much worse than that about it.  Sadly, I do think there will be many using their entitlement and hate as justification for theft and harm with plenty chearing them on.  And retroactive edit, but yeah, for meetups it’s already expected that you should be wearing masks.  That’s just perfect.  Stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed if the order is made with a Amazon credit card, you can't add gift cards after placing the order.

Question about an Amazon PS5 preorder ... is it still possible to apply a bee giftcard to an existing order before it ships? I know it was like 5 years ago, but I feel like it’s not an option anymore. Anyone know?

I've noticed if the order is made with a Amazon credit card, you can't add gift cards after placing the order.
I had this issue a while ago and it was due to me using my Amazon chase visa card. Getting the 5% back conflicts with adding gift cards, it's apparently one of the other, so if you change payment method the option appeared for me to add a gift card balance to my order. That was like back in June that I was able to figure it out.

Yeah. It's only Amazon cards (AMEX, Chase Visa) that does it.

I had this issue a while ago and it was due to me using my Amazon chase visa card. Getting the 5% back conflicts with adding gift cards, it's apparently one of the other, so if you change payment method the option appeared for me to add a gift card balance to my order. That was like back in June that I was able to figure it out.

This generation more than any other, it seems like you have to buy both consoles or build a PC, if you want to play all of the games available.
I'm starting to think about PC gaming, if for no other reason than this, preorder problems, and the whole selling in $750 bundles BS. Sigh.
Build a nice gaming PC, and then enjoy exclusives on either Playstation and/or Nintendo.

On the topic of gaming PCs, I can't stand playing any type of shooter (Overwatch, Doom, etc) or menu driven game (Civ, Xcom, etc) without a mouse. Debating Hades on switch vs pc right now!

Were people able to not pay in full with credit? This is what my GC balance looks like - they held the entire purchase amount, not that it really matters but may have been a discount with using GC + CC points before release.... :whistle2:k

0EDxTNn.png

Yeah, it does seem likely Bethesda's biggest franchises would arrive on PS consoles even after being acquired y MS. That is certainly what we've seen from other supposed Xbox-only developers.

Even Sony has realized that console exclusivity is a costly initiative. Recall Sony is now making MLB The Show for Xbox.
Nah I think MS bought them to make exclusives for Xbox and game pass. Not the end of the world. I’ll eventually get a series x. Usually get all 3 consoles. No launch Xbox games spoke out and said buy me so I’ll wait.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Toss that PS5 in the trash. Microsoft just bought Bethesda. All future Bethesda games will be Xbox and PC exclusives.
Not sure this will be the case. Already said they’re honoring exclusivity deals with PlayStation. Not sure these will be Xbox exclusives going forward. I get the feeling Microsoft is more interested in you playing their games. Not sure they care where you play them.

Nah I think MS bought them to make exclusives for Xbox and game pass. Not the end of the world. I’ll eventually get a series x. Usually get all 3 consoles. No launch Xbox games spoke out and said buy me so I’ll wait.
Spencer's comment this AM strongly suggests you're right. Honestly, why bother buying out Zenimax if not to take its titles and make them exclusive to Gamepass and Xbox?

In the end, it's all good competition that only benefits the consumers. MS being a legitimate threat this new gen will keep Sony and Ninty on their toes.

To be fair, in the case of MLB the Show, that has more to do with the MLB wanting it on more than one platform. And since Sony wants to keep publishing it, they agreed to make it multiplatform (though they haven't actually confirmed which platforms).

There's no way that this buyout doesn't have the main purpose of making Microsoft exclusivity much more robust as well as stocking addtional IPs for the Gamepass catalogue.   MS makes smaller studio acquisitions all the time but this is a major power play. 

In the end, it's all good competition that only benefits the consumers. MS being a legitimate threat this new gen will keep Sony and Ninty on their toes.
Good if you have a PC. Gamepass users on PC only reap benefits here. But other than that, I don't agree at all. This absolutely breeds more console exclusivity.

Not that I blame MS at all. Sony has been playing this game forever, and this evens the playing field. There is a massive divide between exclusivity with Japanese exclusives and "western gaming" now. This is a huge move by MS. Though it remains to be seen how much this will really improve Xbox's market positioning.

Good if you have a PC. Gamepass users on PC only reap benefits here. But other than that, I don't agree at all. This absolutely breeds more console exclusivity.

Not that I blame MS at all. Sony has been playing this game forever, and this evens the playing field. There is a massive divide between exclusivity with Japanese exclusives and "western gaming" now. This is a huge move by MS. Though it remains to be seen how much this will really improve Xbox's market positioning.
I'm curious if MS just escalated this into a dev arms race with this move. I can't see Sony not making a counter move after this one. I could easily see Sony buying out a Japanese dev like Capcom, Bandai Namco, or Konami.

CAG: officer , they stole my ps5 and jumped me in an OfferUp deal.

Police: what did the guy look like?

CAG: I don’t know he was wearing a mask....

:facepalm:

To be fair, in the case of MLB the Show, that has more to do with the MLB wanting it on more than one platform. And since Sony wants to keep publishing it, they agreed to make it multiplatform (though they haven't actually confirmed which platforms).
I can’t wait to play mlb the show on my switch. That game was one of the main reasons I bought a ps3 and stayed PlayStation. MLB the show on PSP has easily been my most played games. Can’t wait!

This generation more than any other, it seems like you have to buy both consoles or build a PC, if you want to play all of the games available.
What? When has that ever not been the case?

At least now you won't need an Xbox if you have a PC, so it's actually better.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Toss that PS5 in the trash. Microsoft just bought Bethesda. All future Bethesda games will be Xbox and PC exclusives.
Nah I’ll just get both. That being said, the Doom games were simply amazing, but I wasn’t impressed with any offerings of Elder Scrolls or Fallout this gen.

It’s good to see this kind of competition, the people saying “exclusives don’t mean anything” that were on the Microsoft side can thank everyone for complaining about the lack of exclusives for this acquisition.

The complainers are the ones that get the better moves out of companies. Take Battlefront 2 for example, it ended up decent only because the company was torn up and down for the shady practices it has.

I'm curious if MS just escalated this into a dev arms race with this move. I can't see Sony not making a counter move after this one. I could easily see Sony buying out a Japanese dev like Capcom, Bandai Namco, or Konami.
Sony really doesn't have even close to the same amount of cash lying around to get into a war with Microsoft on this though.

Sony has never done the same high level acquisitions like Microsoft. Usually they buy developers they have long term relationships with or indies they can build up. Microsoft is buying large fully developed businesses with great already established tech and franchises. This was a major win for Xbox. Smart to announce this around when preorders open up.

Sony really doesn't have even close to the same amount of cash lying around to get into a war with Microsoft on this though.
Sony could buy out 1 or 2 Japanese developers. You're right in that this is probably the biggest moves it could do. Sony could also tie up permanent exclusives like it did with Street Fighter V.

Just found an interesting work around. I changed my payment from Amazon card to a different credit card this morning. I had previously paid for part of the order with a gift card. I just added another giftcard to my account from the Coinstar promo before switching the cards on the order. When I switched again and went back to my Amazon credit card as the payment method, it pulled my entire giftcard balance into the transaction automatically.

So you have to load a gc, switch payments, then switch back and it will pull your entire gc balance over. Weird but I’ll take it.

No people can completely use Amazon credit, but using an Amazon credit card will stop people from adding more credit. Unless you use the trick above.

On the topic of gaming PCs, I can't stand playing any type of shooter (Overwatch, Doom, etc) or menu driven game (Civ, Xcom, etc) without a mouse. Debating Hades on switch vs pc right now!

Were people able to not pay in full with credit? This is what my GC balance looks like - they held the entire purchase amount, not that it really matters but may have been a discount with using GC + CC points before release.... :whistle2:k

0EDxTNn.png

I'm starting to think about PC gaming, if for no other reason than this, preorder problems, and the whole selling in $750 bundles BS. Sigh.
The RTX 3080 video card launch earlier this week was a total mess and virtually no one actually got one. The numbers ready to go at launch made PS5s seem downright plentiful.

PC gaming is great, but the hardware launches are probably worse when it comes to availability.

Play Bethesda games on console. Do.

I have Skyrim on the pc with mods. It’s awesome. I also have it on switch. Guess which one has far more playtime?
Depends: VR setup and plenty of time, or are you stealing away moments of play time on the go or before bed with a portable? Both have their merits.

Depends: VR setup and plenty of time, or are you stealing away moments of play time on the go or before bed with a portable? Both have their merits.
Pooping.

Haha just kidding. But psp back in the day, hell yea.

I say you can’t go wrong with either, whatever works for you. Switch version I used to play at work at lunch a lot and I find handheld to be very convenient.

I deserve criticism for making a thoughtless, silly absolutist statement given that it's just my opinion based on my values, but I can't imagine playing Skyrim on console, especially not switch. The last Bethesda game I played and actually enjoyed without significant, thorough modding was Oblivion and it's only gotten worse with time.

EDIT: And console/built in mod support on Fallout 4 is utterly unworkable to me compared to what you can do with other modloaders and more extensive options.

i know this sentiment comes with the response of "coping" but i do doubt that ms will abstain from putting es6 and such on ps5.

its smaller/new ips and unannounced games that i would be worried about. 

My big question is, what games do they have in the pipeline scheduled for the next year or so? They didn't do an "E3" replacement event this year, and Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield are just logos at this point. It's a great move for Xbox for sure, but I just wonder how long it will be until we see the fruits of this, much like with their other studios acquisitions.

My big question is, what games do they have in the pipeline scheduled for the next year or so? They didn't do an "E3" replacement event this year, and Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield are just logos at this point. It's a great move for Xbox for sure, but I just wonder how long it will be until we see the fruits of this, much like with their other studios acquisitions.
Starfield is hopefully more than a logo ... they’ve kept it under the radar, but I’m hoping for a late 2021 release. It’s been in development since just after the release of Fallout 4, which was 2015. It was formally announced in 2018. If Bethesda doesn’t release something significant in 2021, it’s going to raise questions about Microsoft’s pricey purchase decision (second highest video game company purchase in history I believe).

The purchase was for their existing games and IPs to put on Game Pass for more value. The future games are just to continue having a rollout of new content that they want to be grand slams. They will take their time with these, and it will be worth the wait.

it sucks that i will (most likely) have to play bethesda games on xbox, but honestly, the games havent been that great this gen anyway. and they havent sold that well either, so it wont really hurt until elder scrolls 6 comes out.

By the time a new ES or fallout game comes out the series X will be $299, so no biggie. Doom was great, but I’m not buying a console for it. MS *could* make them timed exclusives, which would sell some systems in the short term, then release on PS5 a couple of years down the road and get money from the people that were never going to buy an Xbox anyway.

it sucks that i will (most likely) have to play bethesda games on xbox, but honestly, the games havent been that great this gen anyway. and they havent sold that well either, so it wont really hurt until elder scrolls 6 comes out.
All depends how quickly Sony gets on board with Game Pass. It's mutual benefit: Sony sells hardware, MS sells subs, and fans get games they love.

I truly truly hope that all Elder Scrolls and future Bethesda games come only to xbox to screw the stupid Sony fanboys who laughed at Xbox when Spider-Man was announced as exclusive in that stupid Avengers game when I tried to point out how exclusive content in general is terrible for the video game industry.

Sony out here spending their money on timed exclusives. Microsoft out here buying entire video game studios. Who's laughing now? MS has enough cash on hand to buyout the entire Sony company and not lose any sleep over it. Sony's entire online infrastructure is built on MS servers. This is like David vs Goliath except that David doesn't even have a sling! Go MS!

I truly truly hope that all Elder Scrolls and future Bethesda games come only to xbox to screw the stupid Sony fanboys who laughed at Xbox when Spider-Man was announced as exclusive in that stupid Avengers game when I tried to point out how exclusive content in general is terrible for the video game industry.

Sony out here spending their money on timed exclusives. Microsoft out here buying entire video game studios. Who's laughing now? MS has enough cash on hand to buyout the entire Sony company and not lose any sleep over it. Sony's entire online infrastructure is built on MS servers. This is like David vs Goliath except that David doesn't even have a sling! Go MS!
That might be the worst take I’ve heard on anything. You don’t want Microsoft to buy out everything, you just don’t know it yet. Monopolies are never good for the consumer.

Your fanboy shit in every thread you post in is wearing thin.

shhh Bryson, the adults are talking.

If only this were your actual opinion, rather than a 'borrowed' one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9CvUKfjow4

Holy shit, I never thought idiots this big can exist....

All depends how quickly Sony gets on board with Game Pass. It's mutual benefit: Sony sells hardware, MS sells subs, and fans get games they love.
As a whole I don’t see why they would get on board. Game Pass will take away from software sales which Sony and Nintendo (and Microsoft before Game Pass) rely on because they don’t make much on hardware, nobody does.

As a whole I don’t see why they would get on board. Game Pass will take away from software sales which Sony and Nintendo (and Microsoft before Game Pass) rely on because they don’t make much on hardware, nobody does.
Well, how do think it will go over if Sony ends up being the one denying their customer base Elder Scrolls 6 because they didn't want to play ball with Game Pass? Granted, I don't think MS is planning anything so sinister but it will erode at players who are tired of paying $70 for games to pick up game pass and play it on the platform they can. It would be a match made in heaven if I could sub to Game Pass and play on PS5 for me, because I'm that torn over the two right now. As it stands, the only reason I'm even getting a PS5 is for Demon's Souls. Guess who is getting my money largely beyond that for software. . .

bread's done
Back