Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I got my Sony email when the first round of pre orders when out and only had to wait 15 minutes before I could purchase mine. A friend of mine had to wait over an hour before he could buy his. I think the emails are random saw a lot of people on Reddit complaining that they have been Sony faithful for a long time and didn’t get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a shit show. Waited at gamestop at 9 am to preorder the new ps5. Manager opens up at 12 to tell us there's no preorders. I was #13!

I'm in no hurry to get a PS5, but I was tempted by the 200 trade credit for my ps4 pro. Then I looked at the site and it's $175 trade normally. I'm down with skipping the $25 to avoid all the pre-order drama. Heck I could make the difference selling the box it came in.
Why? You could sell your Pro easily on Craigslist for $300+. Straight cash homie.

???

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol damn, went to GS' website to check for any game trade-in promos and the greeting banner is just a big ass SOLD OUT for PS5. Rough go for all that missed it. :S

Why? You could sell your Pro easily on Craigslist for $300+. Straight cash homie.

???
As someone who has never sold a console through something like Craigslist or FB Marketplace before, how do you do it? I don't want them coming to my house, but I imagine they would want to test it first. I'm looking to sell 2 consoles in the next month or so.

As someone who has never sold a console through something like Craigslist or FB Marketplace before, how do you do it? I don't want them coming to my house, but I imagine they would want to test it first. I'm looking to sell 2 consoles in the next month or so.
Public place. Police station by me has 3 parking spots for sales and trades.

If you have a favorable rating on Marketplace it helps customers to trust you a bit. I don’t let anybody in my home. I will take pics and videos of the system during gameplay to reassure the buyer. Then meet somewhere public during the daytime. I’ve been fortunate to have smooth transactions generally.

Might cancel my controller from Sony direct.

Have $25 in amazon credit, so might just preorder on amazon. Won't need controller right away.

Just scared if I cancel the controller, it might mess with my entire order. Ordered PS5,controller and charging dock in one order.

Orders seems to be separate.

Well, yeah, I know that much, but wouldn't people want to test it first or is that on them? If I was buying a console, I'd make damn sure the thing works before I handed over any cash.
Yeah just take a video of the console booting up, you getting reaction with the controller, taking a disc, etc. This has worked for me and assuaged any fears from buyers, and I sell on FBM/CL quite a bit.

If you have a favorable rating on Marketplace it helps customers to trust you a bit. I don’t let anybody in my home. I will take pics and videos of the system during gameplay to reassure the buyer. Then meet somewhere public during the daytime. I’ve been fortunate to have smooth transactions generally.

Yeah just take a video of the console booting up, you getting reaction with the controller, taking a disc, etc. This has worked for me and assuaged any fears from buyers, and I sell on FBM/CL quite a bit.
Awesome, thank you.

Just a heads up, Target is threatening to cancel my preorder. They held the funds and re-released them a week later so they know my account was good. I had bills to pay and I wont get paid til next Friday, so i thought everything was all good.  Now they are trying to blame my bank which I know is bullshit because they did the same thing with a different preorder on my target card. Also wasn't coming out til November, but they had to have the money on my target card in August?????? They are like that landlord who demands rent for the upcoming month the day after you just paid rent for the current month. 

I think I am just going to put my xbox series s on my credit card i rarely use so they don't pull the same shit on that. 

Just a heads up, Target is threatening to cancel my preorder. They held the funds and re-released them a week later so they know my account was good. I had bills to pay and I wont get paid til next Friday, so i thought everything was all good. Now they are trying to blame my bank which I know is bullshit because they did the same thing with a different preorder on my target card. Also wasn't coming out til November, but they had to have the money on my target card in August?????? They are like that landlord who demands rent for the upcoming month the day after you just paid rent for the current month.

I think I am just going to put my xbox series s on my credit card i rarely use so they don't pull the same shit on that.
Its because you probably didn't keep the amount available. They pre-auth you like twice a week to make sure.

Its because you probably didn't keep the amount available. They pre-auth you like twice a week to make sure.
Well, I had bills to pay and they take top priority.I will take having a car to get around in and a home to live over a game console. I also would rather not have a company constantly in my bank account.

Then, maybe don't preorder, and just buy it on the release date if you have the money for it?

and honestly dont use a debit card online, especially with a preorder as most places have rolling preauthorizations. and especially if you wont have the available cash. you are probably lucky they didnt take out the funds and bounce all your bill payments.

Yeah I do local meetups at my police station / city hall only. They have a designated zone with safe meetups and some cameras. Always meet in public, and don't give anyone a chance to rob you or take advantage of a situation. Don't go to people's houses and don't have them over to yours.

Usually I'm selling a new sealed CE or collector's item or something. In which case, I'd expect that they'd want to inspect it. But they don't get to open the box until they hand me the cash first. Bc then the item would no longer be new. Once they open it, it's theirs. For used/opened goods then people are just going to have to trust you. Always be prepared to walk away, but I've never had someone leave the meetup over mistrust.

and honestly dont use a debit card online, especially with a preorder as most places have rolling preauthorizations. and especially if you wont have the available cash. you are probably lucky they didnt take out the funds and bounce all your bill payments.
That's good advice

I’d imagine PayPal would be the best option in person right?
Best to use PayPal friends and family option as it’s free and can’t get disputed later. zelle is a god option as well, once the money is out of your checking account it can’t be disputed with zelle and it’s free. Granted tour bank needs to have this option.

Lastly only meetup are a local pick/drop off location or be instant you meet up at police station. Insisting on digital currency exchange and going to a police station will weed out a lot of scammers.

Venmo is another option.
I dont suggest venmo as people can use credit card's on venmo and just say it was stolen/etc.

Safest are usually cash only methods which include:

1. Zelle

2. Apple Cash

3. Paypay friends and family

4. Cash in person, but have them park right in front of your bank and deposit the cash in the ATM immediately. They record everything (person, car license plate, and cash that never left your hands and went straight to ATM).

I dont suggest venmo as people can use credit card's on venmo and just say it was stolen/etc.

1. Zelle
2. Apple Cash
4. Cash in person, but have them park right in front of your bank and deposit the cash in the ATM immediately. They record everything (person, car license plate, and cash that never left your hands and went straight to ATM).
Solid advice. Didn't think of that. Thanks.

Solid advice. Didn't think of that. Thanks.
I would use Venmo up to your risk tolerance which for me is $50 or less.

Anything more than that would hurt.

Venmo allows people to afford purchases with credit cards which helps sales. But for the hundreds and up i can't risk it

1. Zelle
2. Apple Cash
Wait, have them deposit cash into your account in the atm? Seems a bit scary

I would use Venmo up to your risk tolerance which for me is $50 or less.

Anything more than that would hurt.

Venmo allows people to afford purchases with credit cards which helps sales. But for the hundreds and up i can't risk it
Great point about risk tolerance. Some good info on this thread.

Wait, have them deposit cash into your account in the atm? Seems a bit scary
no just keep holding the cash and deposit it into your ATM after. if the money is flagged as fake you are 100% protected in legal terms as you never let go of the cash and they will investigate the cameras for this since it is a federal offense.

no just keep holding the cash and deposit it into your ATM after. if the money is flagged as fake you are 100% protected in legal terms as you never let go of the cash and they will investigate the cameras for this since it is a federal offense.
Oh nice. I was just going to ask for only 50s and 20s

Finally got a ps5 from target. No redcard discount sadly since I don’t have enough credit and bought all the accessories on red card with redcard exclusive 5% on top of the redcard 5%. Sadly I finally got the ps5 headset in my cart and when I placed the order it was out of stock so that didn’t get the extra 5% -.-

Finally got a ps5 from target. No redcard discount sadly since I don’t have enough credit and bought all the accessories on red card with redcard exclusive 5% on top of the redcard 5%. Sadly I finally got the ps5 headset in my cart and when I placed the order it was out of stock so that didn’t get the extra 5% -.-
Where did you see an extra 5 percent on top of red card discount if I may ask?

Well, I had bills to pay and they take top priority.I will take having a car to get around in and a home to live over a game console. I also would rather not have a company constantly in my bank account.
I don't think anyone is questioning your priorities. Hopefully everyone would choose that over games.

But, that's just how pre-orders work at most stores. Don't use debit cards for pre-orders, because they keep re-running auths until the actual charge to make sure you don't get to shipping and the charge gets declined. You have to have the money in the account, unused from the day you order till the day they ship. It's better to use credit on a card where you won't come anywhere near the credit limit, because the same rule will apply. The difference is credit card companies don't charge interest on auths, and you won't have to have the money in the account, just enough available credit until it ships. I keep a Best Buy credit card because when I had GCU I preordered there almost exclusively, and given it is a store card the auth is essentially out of the way. But with store card you need to keep them paid off, because the interest rates for them are very high don't carry a balance unless you have some interest free deal going on, and even then it gets complicated as to how payments get applied to that versus other purchases (and trust me that NEVER is in your favor).

There are some places that don't do that, or just auth once and then again when shipping, but most follow the above rule. I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't charge at all until ship. Target RedCard Debit is a little different, because the card essentially serves as a middle-man that charges your bank account when you have a balance at the end of a business day. Given an auth doesn't actually add to the balance it never hits your bank account. But, they already know they can get their money because they have information to do an EFT draft, so I guess they don't worry about it too much.

Has Sony said anything about PS+ offering PS5 games? Since they never added a PS VR game to the monthly mix, I'm not too confident they will for PS5. Sony could easily say since PS4 games work on PS5, the 2 games per month cover both consoles.

Wait they are just now notifying them about their allocation numbers? That seems a little backwards. Hopefully everybody here that have it pre ordered gets one. Would be a huge bummer to have to start hunting one down again.

Some context is always helpful, and since it wasn't provided, I guess I'll do it! That tweet is in regards to UK retailers.
Yeah, sorry about that guys. I saw it all over my twitter I should have read it first. I follow a lot of gamers from the Uk and didn't realize it was UK stores. Even saw some US youtubers retweet but then figured out they just wanted clicks and views.

I will be more careful before sharing. Mods can delete that post if they see this.

bread's done
Back