Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

If you were planning on going to Sam's Club on a release it looks like they won't be offering the new consoles in club.
lu8VLtU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a huge surprise. Sam's has always had a pretty lackluster gaming section. I did manage to score a Wii U for half off back in the day.

Their controller dock is actually coming out this time? I remember them showing off one for the PS4 before it launched and it never came out. Seems like they eventually just licensed the design to Power A and let them put the Sony seal of approval on the box.

Their controller dock is actually coming out this time? I remember them showing off one for the PS4 before it launched and it never came out. Seems like they eventually just licensed the design to Power A and let them put the Sony seal of approval on the box.
Funny enough, I recently found an official charger that works well for the DS4. It’s the Sony Move controller dock but you have to get it with the micro USB adapters that fit into each pod (it’s not for the PS3 controllers, which used mini USB ports).

Supposedly Sony said 3D audio will work with any headset, but their marketing for the pulse 'tuned for the tempest engine' suckered me into ordering one. 3D audio on ps4 is already impressive.

Super long-shot, but if anyone in the greater Philly or central NJ area is looking for a Series X but has a PS5 pre-order, I'm in the market for a swap.  DM me and we can figure something out.  *crosses fingers but doesn't hold breath...*

Super long-shot, but if anyone in the greater Philly or central NJ area is looking for a Series X but has a PS5 pre-order, I'm in the market for a swap. DM me and we can figure something out. *crosses fingers but doesn't hold breath...*
I’m in that area. I want the same thing. 😂

With Walmart and others selling the dualsense early I’m surprised that nobody has found out (to my knowledge) if the dualsense controller works with the PS4.

Just wondering is anyone else a little concerned that Sony has not sent any units out to press in the US for previews and stuff?? We are inside of  month form launch and the only PS4 game shown was Spiderman 2018?  

With Walmart and others selling the dualsense early I’m surprised that nobody has found out (to my knowledge) if the dualsense controller works with the PS4.
It's possible to use a ps4 controller on a ps3 with *select* games (it recognizes it as a generic controller, so some features don't work). It will likely be the same for the DuelSense.

Just wondering is anyone else a little concerned that Sony has not sent any units out to press in the US for previews and stuff?? We are inside of month form launch and the only PS4 game shown was Spiderman 2018?
No.

That has never been the case where press units of new consoles are sent out a month before launch.

MS is doing this because Xbox One has been such a failure they are trying to get ahead of the curve now by doing everything in their power to get positive press about the new consoles.

No.

That has never been the case where press units of new consoles are sent out a month before launch.

MS is doing this because Xbox One has been such a failure they are trying to get ahead of the curve now by doing everything in their power to get positive press about the new consoles.
When it came to the PS4 they were super transparent about everything and were showing it off at every opportunity... I just dont get it with the PS5

I'm guessing due to the lack of gaming events, Microsoft wanted to find another way to get hands-on previews.

And even if both consoles had 10 million ready, Sony sells better in other regions.

When it came to the PS4 they were super transparent about everything and were showing it off at every opportunity... I just dont get it with the PS5
Showing it off and giving them to reviewers is two different things. They weren't handing them out like candy a month out from launch.

Showing it off and giving them to reviewers is two different things. They weren't handing them out like candy a month out from launch.
Yeah, Covid has changed things a whole lot. Sony can't have big press events or put journalists up in hotels for gaming sessions to try out the hardware. Microsoft smartly pivoted and got them out - which is necessary due to their failures from last gen. They also have the benefit of having BC be at the point it is and so impressive on older games. They need the buzz to get off on the right foot, unlike last time.

Sony's approach isn't out of line with their past, or Japan tech industry practices in general. Their more conservative approach has made them much less willing to pivot to current realities, to their detriment. It also hasn't helped they have been all over the place on things like BC and some other things that they would have already have given answer to by this point in a normal world.

We are going to get to release date where all we know about the PS5 is what they have told us. Does it get hot? Well they told us it didn't. Does BC work well and improve games? Well they told us Boost mode improves things. What the actual performance of loading? Well they told us it's fast. What's availability going to be like? Well they told us they hired some planes. Maybe they don't have to because it's going to sell out anyways, but it is unfortunate there are so many questions that aren't going to be answered until we get them ourselves.

Wario64 just posted that gamefly members can order a PS5 bundle.  This is coming 3rd party, but a POTENTIAL option for those that don't have a pre-order and are gamefly members.

Good luck. 

Edit: might be sold out, but still a PSA for anyone interested. $800 bundle with Spiderman: MM and an extra controller (Disc version)...seems like a big markup so might not be worth it to folks. 

I just received an email from Gamefly offering a preorder bundle for $800.  

$500 Console

$270 for the 9 Month Elite Plan, which I already have and planned to pay for those 9 months anyway.

$30 for an extra controller and the Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition 

Seems like a great bundle deal for anyone who already has or wants that plan and has the money to pay up front.  It was advertised as only for current Gamefly Members, so that will limit it's availability a bit.

Edit:  Sorry oakley568, I didn't see your post before I put mine.  I'm leaving mine just because I spelled out the offer in detail in case it helps anyone else to have that extra info.

I got an email from Gamestop today about upgrading to release day delivery. So I called and updated the shipping. 10 minutes later I got an email saying my order is delayed. To add insult to injury, they cancelled my Xbox Series S (kids Christmas present) order earlier in the day due to stock reasons.

Looking at the possibility of 3rd party vendors making custom side panels for the PS5. Deep down I would cave for some faux wood ones.

Looking at the possibility of 3rd party vendors making custom side panels for the PS5. Deep down I would cave for some faux wood ones.

I'm not sure if I'd get anything at launch. I'm going to give it some time to make sure the quality is there. There's also bound to be ones with built in lights etc.

Yep, those have been popping up everywhere and beggars the question of why is there no official product from Sony on this? I’m convinced they did white on purpose to incentivize buying new panels, but they forgot to collect on their own scheme.

Just received this email from gamestop.

Thank you so much for pre-ordering the next generation of PlayStation from GameStop! Your Order Number xxxxx is going to be in your hands before you know it!

In preparation for shipping your order, we wanted to remind you that you selected Premium shipping which may deliver as many as 2-4 Business Days after launch day. This means your order will arrive no later than November 17th.

But it’s not too late to upgrade your shipping so you can experience the next generation as soon as possible! If you would like to receive your console on launch day (November 12th), please call us at 855-474-7717 between 8 AM and 6 PM Central Time, and one of our agents will assist you in updating your order.

We appreciate your business! If you require any additional assistance, we will be more than happy to help you.

Have a great day,

Your friends at GameStop.com
So I guess that at least means my order didn't get canceled.

So, a lot media on twitter got PS5s today. Where is everyone that whined about Sony not putting the console out there? When many of us kept saying they did the same thing with the PS4 a few weeks before launch.

Just received this email from gamestop.

So I guess that at least means my order didn't get canceled.
I got that email too. I called and upgraded my shipping to release date. 30 minutes later I got an email saying there’s going to be a delay on my order. A day after that I received the code for the year of ps+ part of the bundle.

So, a lot media on twitter got PS5s today. Where is everyone that whined about Sony not putting the console out there? When many of us kept saying they did the same thing with the PS4 a few weeks before launch.
They are in hiding. The same could be said for all the people saying the PS4 would “wobble” because of the way it was made and they completely disappeared when the system launched

I got that email too. I called and upgraded my shipping to release date. 30 minutes later I got an email saying there’s going to be a delay on my order. A day after that I received the code for the year of ps+ part of the bundle.
How much was the upgrade?

They are in hiding. The same could be said for all the people saying the PS4 would “wobble” because of the way it was made and they completely disappeared when the system launched
I was the guy and im very happy that they actually sent them out and it will be great to have lots of my unanswered questions hopefully put to rest.

I received an email from Target and 2 of my PS5 accessories have just shipped with an estimated arrival date of November 6th:

[attachment=34791:TargetShipped.png]

"It's HAPPENING!!!"

:D

Just checked my Target order and my accessories are also listed as preparing to ship with a delivery date of the 6th. Amazon status for the media remote is TBD. 19 ~ 20 days left to go. 

The start of a new gen is one of my favorite things about gaming. Bummed i didn't get a PS5, but will enjoy seeing all the impressions here. (And I'll hopefully be enjoying Series X.)

Have fun y'all!

My extra controller shipped from Target, but not the charging stand. . .not sure if that bodes well or what. They also estimate it will take two weeks to get here via FedEx. What exactly is the point of releasing these early if they ship a week in advance and are still late to the party? Lol. . .

My extra controller shipped from Target, but not the charging stand. . .not sure if that bodes well or what. They also estimate it will take two weeks to get here via FedEx. What exactly is the point of releasing these early if they ship a week in advance and are still late to the party? Lol. . .
Did you use Target redcard? Im curious because that gets you free 2 day shipping.

bread's done
Back