Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I have my PS5 preordered from Target and im worried about their "2 day shipping" but I guess we wont know until we know. The anticipation is killing me lol.

I got the Pulse 3D headset pre ordered from Amazon. I heard the accessories are shipping out earlier and should be available by October 30th (shipped out earlier than that and arrives on the 30th possibly? If you have Prime?)

Has anyone had any experience with the past headset like the Gold or Platinum models? How good are they? I would like to use this wireless headset also on Xbox Series X and on my PC, from the past headsets, do they work exactly the same or is the quality and features not as good as if you were using the headset on a Playstation console?
I had both the Gold Headset 2x instances (white and black) and then the platinum.... I ended up buying the platinum for 2x friends too so we all could hear Rainbow siege footsteps more clearly. My summaries are here:

Gold Headset: Audio is good, but not great for price if you're an audio-lover. You're paying for convenience of setup on PS4 essentially plus it'll match your colors/controller. The plastic headband build had flaws in hinges and plastic would crack over time from use (even with the most care, I literally placed back in original box and never dropped, flung, or had extreme use. Just general flexing of the plastic from fitting on your head on/off causes the plastic stressors.

Platinum: Audio was better for 3D and with the app dependent on game it also could be tuned slightly. Again - others stated for price you can get better Astros or other headsets; but build quality was vastly improved imho. The steel band on top with the rubber hand helped it fit snug but also not wear out over time. The foam earmuffs have actually started flaking on me from 2+ years of use but the band is solid. The connection via dongle has needed to be reset infrequently (~1x per year?) and once every few months I'll have to unplug the dongle, turn off headset, plug in dongle, turn headset back on and it syncs up nicely again. Other complaints have been it'll drop connection and need to be reset. One of my friends also said his totally stopped working - reset wouldn't fix, nothing would fix.

I'm eager to see the rubber band come back (the inner black band from images) but I'm super skeptical of that white band if its the plastic material again....

I have my PS5 preordered from Target and im worried about their "2 day shipping" but I guess we wont know until we know. The anticipation is killing me lol.
Now I’m glad I spent the extra few hours trying to break through Best Buy’s cart for a backup. It’s the only store pickup order I could place and ironically probably the only way I will have one on release day.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have had luck getting things on release date from target even if they say it will not arrive till after.

But as far as there 2 day shipping on normal stuff. More like 7 day shipping for me lol.

Now I’m glad I spent the extra few hours trying to break through Best Buy’s cart for a backup. It’s the only store pickup order I could place and ironically probably the only way I will have one on release day.
I have one shipping from target and I was lucky enough to get a second ps5 with Best Buy for instore pick up. Bb was the only retailer offering instore pick up as far as I can tell. Can’t wait to play on launch. Hopefully my preorders won’t get canceled.

Anyone see that Best Buy Employee info on the ps5/xsx launch? Apparently they aren't sending consoles to stores and only making them available online. Which is strange because may PS5 pre-order is set for in-store pick up. Hopefully it's just BS to get people not to show up, but I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed over on launch day.

Anyone see that Best Buy Employee info on the ps5/xsx launch? Apparently they aren't sending consoles to stores and only making them available online. Which is strange because may PS5 pre-order is set for in-store pick up. Hopefully it's just BS to get people not to show up, but I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed over on launch day.
Where was this at?

BTW: Where can I get the Pulse 3d Headset? Just trying to get one at launch ha.

Well, assuming that’s true, no idea where to get one at launch if you don’t have a preorder, since I’ve seen similar postings from Target employees on Reddit. GS has always been a pain for me ... maybe Walmart but they’re a hassle if you get an employee who doesn’t care.

Overall ... yikes.

Well, assuming that’s true, no idea where to get one at launch if you don’t have a preorder, since I’ve seen similar postings from Target employees on Reddit. GS has always been a pain for me ... maybe Walmart but they’re a hassle if you get an employee who doesn’t care.

Overall ... yikes.
That Picture states BB.ca So maybe its different here in the States for us. I don't know, I'm glad I got mine in at GS for day 1 pickup

They wouldn't be able to 6-ft distance this kind of ravenous line anyways.   People don't know how to behave during a pandemic.   Poor optics and bad situations would be all over the news. 

Makes perfect sense. 

They haven't said anything to US employees. No way would they take in store pickup preorders only to not deliver and cause a huge shitstorm.

Damn. Got an email from sony said your order has shipped. I was so jacked then remembered I ordered a headset too.... laughing at myself for thinking they'd shipped me a ps5 early.

I have one shipping from target and I was lucky enough to get a second ps5 with Best Buy for instore pick up. Bb was the only retailer offering instore pick up as far as I can tell. Can’t wait to play on launch. Hopefully my preorders won’t get canceled.
How did u get it for instore pickup? Every time I check out the 3D headset it keeps saying none availability 250 miles from me

They haven't said anything to US employees. No way would they take in store pickup preorders only to not deliver and cause a huge shitstorm.
I really think they mean there will be no shipments to the stores to put out for sale, not that in store pickup orders wouldnt be honored.

I really think they mean there will be no shipments to the stores to put out for sale, not that in store pickup orders wouldnt be honored.
As someone who writes for a living to clarify terrible messaging, that's how I interpreted it also. The memo was clearly meant to set expectations of launch inventory, not pre-orders. They want employees to alert the general public not to show up expecting to stand in line as it would be a PR disaster when, not if, something goes wrong. This may also set the stage for Black Friday, because that is for sure set to be a shitshow. Cyber Monday has had better deals for years now anyway, even on the same items from BF.

How did u get it for instore pickup? Every time I check out the 3D headset it keeps saying none availability 250 miles from me
For the ps5 at bb you could pick shipping or instore pick up when preorders first opened. Basically my online order is getting dropped shipped to my local store based on what people are saying here about the lack of inventory. I figured since I was having one shipped from target coming Nov 13-18th, then I might as well get one with instore pick up so I can play on day one. Assuming my orders don’t get canceled, my brother in law is getting one of the units with no markup. He couldn’t check out at bb at launch. Target and Walmart sold out in minutes, but Best Buy had inventory till 2-3am central time, because their website was a total disaster...but not as bad as GameStop. I basically kept trying till my order processed. I’m pretty sure I’ll get both orders. My bestbuy order says it can’t be canceled or modified by me.

The key thing I notice when preordering hard to find items on crappy performing websites is to use a well optimized web browser like safari on IOS. A lot of desktop browsers actually load a lot slower as they’re loading the full site. Android is poorly optimized as a whole as most apps are running in a Java emulation of sorts, so that’s why I recommend safari.

For the ps5 at bb you could pick shipping or instore pick up when preorders first opened. Basically my online order is getting dropped shipped to my local store based on what people are saying here about the lack of inventory. I figured since I was having one shipped from target coming Nov 13-18th, then I might as well get one with instore pick up so I can play on day one. Assuming my orders don’t get canceled, my brother in law is getting one of the units with no markup. He couldn’t check out at bb at launch. Target and Walmart sold out in minutes, but Best Buy had inventory till 2-3am central time, because their website was a total disaster...but not as bad as GameStop. I basically kept trying till my order processed. I’m pretty sure I’ll get both orders. My bestbuy order says it can’t be canceled or modified by me.

The key thing I notice when preordering hard to find items on crappy performing websites is to use a well optimized web browser like safari on IOS. A lot of desktop browsers actually load a lot slower as they’re loading the full site. Android is poorly optimized as a whole as most apps are running in a Java emulation of sorts, so that’s why I recommend safari.
Oh first wave, that makes sense. Was just wondering if there’s an actual chance of still getting a pulse 3D headset on BB app. Guess not lol

Dear Philly people,
You'll probably be receiving an email soon, informing you of your preorder being cancelled/delayed due to fucking animals looting your local Walmart.

I honestly may end up buying this console just for Demon Souls remake. I claim to be biggest souls fan, but I've only destroyed DkS 1-3, never Demon Souls. So it will be new to me.

And wow, do the graphics look insane for that game! Some of the best graphics I've seen. The biggest reason I'm going Series X is because of Game Pass. With games nearing $80 a pop, the value is too good to pass up. If Sony released first party titles on their version of Game Pass Day 1 the choice would be sooooo easy (I'd go with Sony)

Dear people living in the UK,

Don’t call your fellow humans, “animals” and learn how stores work and I won’t have to ban you. Thanks.

Dear people living in the UK,

Don’t call your fellow humans, “animals” and learn how stores work and I won’t have to ban you. Thanks.
I mean no disrespect when I say this, but have you seen the world we live in today? People are, in fact, selfish, violent, disgusting animals. Not all, but a good amount. All I need to do is look outside or put on the tv.

People are the worst!

dang, LG CX 65 finally on sale, but I still have 3 years geek squad on my 55 sony 900f which is comparable minus the hdmi 2.1 for 120fps 4k, (which will probably be rare).....  decisions decisions...

dang, LG CX 65 finally on sale, but I still have 3 years geek squad on my 55 sony 900f which is comparable minus the hdmi 2.1 for 120fps 4k, (which will probably be rare)..... decisions decisions...
Wait for the 2021 models. They be out in 2-3 months. A lot of the 2020 models don’t fully support hdmi 2.1 even with the ports. It’s a processing issue.

Wait for the 2021 models. They be out in 2-3 months. A lot of the 2020 models don’t fully support hdmi 2.1 even with the ports. It’s a processing issue.
no, the new TV models come out in April-May each year.

That's a good price on the 55" and 65" LG CX right now.

Seems silly to buy one when my current tv is perfectly fine. But I sure want to ;)

But honestly I'm stiil hung up on the fact I could get a 75" sony 900h for cheaper. Even though peeps say oled is best.

They usually get announced around Jan which is what I meant. I still recommend waiting as sets will only get cheaper and better in 2021 especially with stuff like micro leds putting downward pricing pressure on oleds and traditional lcds/leds.

Also to your point the 2020s will get liquidated at far lower prices in Jan-mar to make room for 2021s.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but have you seen the world we live in today? People are, in fact, selfish, violent, disgusting animals. Not all, but a good amount. All I need to do is look outside or put on the tv.

People are the worst!
I just looked outside and all I see is rain and people walking their dogs. I put on the TV to try to see what you're seeing but nothing came on other than my Roku menu screen.

Am I doing something wrong? :rofl:

Related note

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1321474893502803968

I honestly may end up buying this console just for Demon Souls remake. I claim to be biggest souls fan, but I've only destroyed DkS 1-3, never Demon Souls. So it will be new to me.

And wow, do the graphics look insane for that game! Some of the best graphics I've seen. The biggest reason I'm going Series X is because of Game Pass. With games nearing $80 a pop, the value is too good to pass up. If Sony released first party titles on their version of Game Pass Day 1 the choice would be sooooo easy (I'd go with Sony)
Demon’s Souls is the best of the souls series imo ... The Dark Souls trilogy is fine, but it’s always been a hollowed out version of the original. With the multiplayer enhancements to the original, I think this remake is going to be pretty amazing and an excellent launch title.

Seems silly to buy one when my current tv is perfectly fine. But I sure want to ;)

But honestly I'm stiil hung up on the fact I could get a 75" sony 900h for cheaper. Even though peeps say oled is best.
Saw on SD that the 85" will be $1,970 on 11/20-11/30 at Costco.

When it comes to buying tv's, time is always on your side. It only gets better and cheaper as you wait. I can't believe the 75 inch OLEDs have come down so much. That's my next target tv in the future.

They usually get announced around Jan which is what I meant. I still recommend waiting as sets will only get cheaper and better in 2021 especially with stuff like micro leds putting downward pricing pressure on oleds and traditional lcds/leds.

Also to your point the 2020s will get liquidated at far lower prices in Jan-mar to make room for 2021s.
no idea what your point is when there isn't a better time to buy a 2020 television than right now, or next month.

and you're wrong again; they don't get cheaper than this in Jan-March. I don't believe the 65" LG C9 ever got any cheaper than $1899 earlier this year, and it hung around at $1999, $2049, and $2099 for the longest time. Super Bowl sales match the Black Friday sales and very rarely do any high-end sets actually reach clearance.

The C8 reached clearance in June-August at Walmart the year before. And it was nigh impossible to track one down for the best price. After daily checking and tracking for several months the best I found was a single instance of $1375 on the 65" C8, and that was impossibly YMMV. No one was able to score them here.

no idea what your point is when there isn't a better time to buy a 2020 television than right now, or next month.

and you're wrong again; they don't get cheaper than this in Jan-March. I don't believe the 65" LG C9 ever got any cheaper than $1899 earlier this year, and it hung around at $1999, $2049, and $2099 for the longest time. Super Bowl sales match the Black Friday sales and very rarely do any high-end sets actually reach clearance.

The C8 reached clearance in June-August at Walmart the year before. And it was nigh impossible to track one down for the best price. After daily checking and tracking the best I found was a single instance of $1375 on the 65" C8, and that was impossibly YMMV. No one was able to score them here.
I’m still recommending to wait till 2021 as the 2020s will be cheaper if you want a cheaper price on a set or to just wait and buy the more superior 2021 sets that fully support hdmi 2.1 stuff like 4K 120 FPS Dolby and hdr10+ . All the 2020 tv support weird in-between standards so if you want a 2020 set that will be obsolete in a few month I guess buy now...or wait for the Jan-mar price drop. I would still recommend waiting for the 2021s.

I’m still recommending to wait till 2021 as the 2020s will be cheaper if you want a cheaper price on a set or to just wait and buy the more superior 2021 sets that fully support hdmi 2.1 stuff like 4K 120 FPS Dolby and hdr10+ . All the 2020 tv support weird in-between standards so if you want a 2020 set that will be obsolete in a few month I guess buy now...or wait for the Jan-mar price drop. I would still recommend waiting for the 2021s.
People said to wait for HDMI 2.1 sets this time in 2017 when I was shopping for my television. Then again in 2018. Then again in 2019. Now again in 2020.

There are HDMI 2.1 sets available right now (like the LG CX), and manufacturers have not made it into a standard across their lineups during any of the previous four years when people were speculating to wait just another year. People said the same thing this time last year with the impending Playstation 5 coming out and then Sony only added HDMI 2.1 to the 900H and the super expensive 8K lineup. You buy a TV when you need one.

People said to wait for HDMI 2.1 sets this time in 2017 when I was shopping for my television. Then again in 2018. Then again in 2019. Now again in 2020.

There are HDMI 2.1 sets available right now (like the LG CX), and manufacturers have not made it into a standard across their lineups during any of the previous four years when people were speculating to wait just another year. People said the same thing this time last year with the impending Playstation 5 coming out and then Sony only added HDMI 2.1 to the 900H and the super expensive 8K lineup.
Do what you want buddy. Just saying with further price drops around the corner and new better sets coming out it might be better to wait. If this was March 2020 or something like that I could see justifying your reasoning because you’d wait 1 year or longer for a new set. It’s like buying a new iPhone in aug/sept when you know a new one is coming out in October.

bread's done
Back