Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I am too paranoid to setup an appointment for pickup that early. I will just roll out of bed mid-morningish well-rested and walk in to get it at a random time.
Yep. When you get there for your appointment they're going to act like appointments don't even matter. It's all about the elimination of lines (and unruly gamers) during COVID.

I am too paranoid to setup an appointment for pickup that early. I will just roll out of bed mid-morningish well-rested and walk in to get it at a random time.
I’m not that worried. I don’t think a lot were available for pick up when I ordered. If you were paranoid about safety my Best Buy always has a cop car on the lot. The village requires it.

I can’t wait to be one of the first people with one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. When you get there for your appointment they're going to act like appointments don't even matter. It's all about the elimination of lines (and unruly gamers) during COVID.
Yep, crowd control. I made an appointment but just as a failsafe in case they actually DO turn people without a reservation away until 9am. It would be shitty of them, but I think local government has businesses more spooked than sweaty nerds with cheeto stains.

Used to work at BBY, so have some friends there still. The early ps5 appointments are an error. So probably don't wanna waste your time scheduling and losing a spot at a later time.

I just got a couple of packages from Target via the good folks at UPS:

[attachment=34821:IMG_1244.jpg]

I would open them now, but what would be the point?

Now to play the waiting game...

:cold:

Used to work at BBY, so have some friends there still. The early ps5 appointments are an error. So probably don't wanna waste your time scheduling and losing a spot at a later time.
I figured so I booked 2 appointments. The confirmation says they call you.

I just got a couple of packages from Target via the good folks at UPS:

attachicon.gif
IMG_1244.jpg

I would open them now, but what would be the point?

Now to play the waiting game...

:cold:
Ayyyy.... I got my headset today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next 2 weeks are going to be like this for me and many others:

[attachment=34822:hqdefault.jpg]

:shock:

Does anyone know if Best buy is operating normally? I have something I want to return, can I just walk in and do it or do I have to make an appointment? 

Does anyone know if Best buy is operating normally? I have something I want to return, can I just walk in and do it or do I have to make an appointment?
Yep, at least in CA, stores are open as usual. Just have to wear a mask and hours are reduced, 10 am to 6 pm last time I was there.

Operating normally. Mine are open till 8:00Pm again.

Was able to get a pulse 3D headset for pickup from bestbuy just now. Will be available for pick up next week. Since target freakin put mine on back order, At least I got a back up

Anyway for those who got their headset. How is it comfort wise, and sound quality?

Was able to get a pulse 3D headset for pickup from bestbuy just now. Will be available for pick up next week. Since target freakin put mine on back order, At least I got a back up

Anyway for those who got their headset. How is it comfort wise, and sound quality?
Dang been trying to get one and it's not showing available in my area. Should have known to check at midnight central

Dang been trying to get one and it's not showing available in my area. Should have known to check at midnight central
I saw coming soon on some stuff and I’ve seen people talking about accessories being available for pick up on “Friday” so I made sure to check around midnight and luckily was able to snag one

Anyone who preordered accessories or controllers from GameStop in store, make sure you pick them up today or tomorrow to ensure stock. After 48 hours, store stock can be used to fulfill BOPS orders.

They are pretty comfortable good amount of padding in the ear cups. I didn’t wear them to long just took them out to drool on them and didn’t check sound either. The rubber strap on the top it way better than the metal one the platinum headset had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who preordered accessories or controllers from GameStop in store, make sure you pick them up today or tomorrow to ensure stock. After 48 hours, store stock can be used to fulfill BOPS orders.
That sucks. I was hoping to just wait and get it all at the same time. Not sure why they would do it like this and make people make an extra trip.

All accessories that haven't shipped besides the dualsense are showing as backordered until February on GameStop.com in people's order information.

Went to Target and Walmart to see if they had any accessories for sale. Nothing. However, they’ve definitely cleared out spaces in the aisles / glass cases where the new consoles will be.

Just ran to my Walmart since says 5 in stock and employee said they have them, they are in the back and they are keeping them there until Nov release date. I didn’t feel like pushing the topic further since he seemed to be pretty flustered so just said cya.

Anyone have luck at Walmart? I have another location with stock but like other CAGer said won’t allow purchase or in store pickup either.

Not sure how the audio will be... but I'm honestly pretty disappointed in feel of the pulse headset I got. I lean towards ps4 platinum feeling better, and of course not even close to my nari ultimate. But they suckered me with their tempest marketing, so we'll see.

I realize the pulse is cheaper, but still thought it'd feel nicer on the ol ears.

I’m officially going to have an extra Xbox series preorder. Either an X or an S. I’m leaning towards keeping the X for me, so most likely going to have the S as an extra.

I need a PS5 with disk drive. Ideal would be a trade and I pay the difference, otherwise will sell the S with a Best Buy gift receipt for face value.

Central Jersey.

Talked to my Gamestop and they said that their store was holding all PS5 accessories that were pre ordered for launch day so thankfully I won't have to make an extra trip. But they did say it was just the policy at that store so it will vary most likely.

This might be the first time in history I don't get a system at launch. Hurricane Sally came through my area literally the same day when the stores had online pre-orders and my power was out for 40 hours. Even my phone was dead and I had no way to charge it for awhile. (I have since bought a car charger for my phone) I have not seen any systems in stock since then. Bad luck for me.

Pretty much since the initial listings they really haven't come back into stock. Maybe a few cancellations here and there, but for the most part nothing. I know my friend was on a date when Amazon went up, so he's out of luck as well. That's the only one I could catch me for and a few friends that didn't sell out immediately but more like in about 12 minutes or whatever it was. Honestly there's not a lot available on release, so don't feel too bad. I know I'm tempted to wait, but I really want that Ratchet and Clank game whenever it releases.

Talked to my Gamestop and they said that their store was holding all PS5 accessories that were pre ordered for launch day so thankfully I won't have to make an extra trip. But they did say it was just the policy at that store so it will vary most likely.
You wont get your accessories at that point. Their online order system will automatically detect they have a lot of stock after preorder holds expire tomorrow so they'll be forced to ship those out. I believe a lot of employees have commented on that as well on their subreddit.

Just got an email from Sony saying they’re about to charge my credit card and the PS5 will be shipping soon via fed ex. I gotta admit, I’m nervous as hell about fed ex. They routinely deliver stuff to the wrong house if they feel like delivering it at all.

Just got an email from Sony saying they’re about to charge my credit card and the PS5 will be shipping soon via fed ex. I gotta admit, I’m nervous as hell about fed ex. They routinely deliver stuff to the wrong house if they feel like delivering it at all.
If you sign up for Fed-Ex Delivery Manager, you can re-route your package to a local Fed-Ex store for pick-up instead. I do it all the time. It’s free and easy. Just use the App and when you see the option to Hold At Location, just pick a location and boom! Simple.

If you sign up for Fed-Ex Delivery Manager, you can re-route your package to a local Fed-Ex store for pick-up instead. I do it all the time. It’s free and easy. Just use the App and when you see the option to Hold At Location, just pick a location and boom! Simple.
Great idea, I think I’m going to do that! Do I need anything other than the tracking number? I assume they’ll know it’s me because it’s got my name on it. Thank you!!!

Great idea, I think I’m going to do that! Do I need anything other than the tracking number? I assume they’ll know it’s me because it’s got my name on it. Thank you!!!
Honestly, a lot of deliveries somehow already show up when I open up the App, so yeah they must link any incoming deliveries to your name or address or something. Yeah you can upload tracking as well and it’ll update as it progresses. You just need to make sure to update it to Hold At Location like 24 hours before delivery. The option doesn’t always appear, so keep checking the tracking as your package gets closer. UPS allows for the same with their deliveries, where you can set an alternate delivery preference and just have everything sent to a UPS Store for pick-up. However, my two most recent UPS packages delivered to home instead for some odd reason. You’re very welcome!

Honestly, a lot of deliveries somehow already show up when I open up the App, so yeah they must link any incoming deliveries to your name or address or something. Yeah you can upload tracking as well and it’ll update as it progresses. You just need to make sure to update it to Hold At Location like 24 hours before delivery. The option doesn’t always appear, so keep checking the tracking as your package gets closer. UPS allows for the same with their deliveries, where you can set an alternate delivery preference and just have everything sent to a UPS Store for pick-up. However, my two most recent UPS packages delivered to home instead for some odd reason. You’re very welcome!
Yeah I’ll definitely update the delivery location as soon as it ships as I still want it on release day 😁

Definitely time to step my headphone game up.....does anyone know good the SteelSeries Arctis 7P Wireless are? The Pulse 3D don't look very comfortable 

Sony email that my card will be charged soon. Awwww yea!
They've already tested your card to make sure your billing stuff works, right? They said they've been pre-authorizing testing it... I'm just trying to make sure I don't get anything wrong. Apparently if they fail to charge your card, they immediately release your preorder. :shock:

Sony snuck this into the email basically saying release date delivery may not occur, which is depressing but not surprising. I will have to get over it.

NOTE: Due to current circumstances, customers may experience order delivery delays or disruptions of up to 1-3 business days. The shipment tracking link can take up to 48 hours to update on our carrier's website, even after you have received the shipment confirmation email. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support and understanding during this time. Check your tracking link for updates on the status of your delivery. For general questions about product orders or shipping, please visit our FAQs.

Sony snuck this into the email basically saying release date delivery may not occur, which is depressing but not surprising. I will have to get over it.

[font=Helvetica, 'sans serif', arial]NOTE: Due to current circumstances, customers may experience order delivery delays or disruptions of up to 1-3 business days. The shipment tracking link can take up to 48 hours to update on our carrier's website, even after you have received the shipment confirmation email. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support and understanding during this time. Check your tracking link for updates on the status of your delivery. For general questions about product orders or shipping, please visit our FAQs.[/font]
So sony isn't guaranteed release date for ps plus members or am I reading this wrong

bread's done
Back