Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

The pulse headphones I ordered yesterday from Playstation Direct arrived today. I'm fortunate their distribution center is in the same state I live in.

Hopefully they ship the console out from the same warehouse!

Which accessories are you guys getting day one? I was thinking about a second dualsense since exact battery life hasn’t been confirmed.

Pretty much all stores have a covid delay disclaimer. If a delayed ps5 is our biggest worry right now then we're doing just fine 🙂

Are certain ps5 games compatible with the ps4? I thought I recalled reading that call of duty could be played on both systems.. I’ve got that and Spider-Man preordered... but since Amazon isn’t providing a delivery date I’m wondering if I’m better off canceling my GameStop preorders..

Sorry, but no. You can’t blame stores because of covid shipping delays. Some things you just cannot control.
Bullshit. Companies all over the country (and across the world) are using covid as an excuse for poor customer service. Companies see this as a way to do things on the cheap “because of covid”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullshit. Companies all over the country (and across the world) are using covid as an excuse for poor customer service. Companies see this as a way to do things on the cheap “because of covid”.
There's a pandemic impacting the country, shipping companies were already struggling pre-covid and this has only made demand go up with a lot of people at home. They shouldn't have offered a launch date delivery option unless they planned to ship well in advance. That still may happen, we'll have to wait and see

While I am going to be really disappointed if it doesn't arrive on time, it won't kill me. I'm used to "launch day" going horribly for most things. Amazon rarely has gotten my preorders to me on time, etc.

Wish I would have had my PS5 delivered to my work. It's down the street from the Indianapolis FedEx hub. I'm too paranoid to screw something up and change the delivery address now.

Did anyone else hear demon souls won’t support ray tracing? Kind of cracks me up as digital foundry was talking a big game how great it’s ray tracing looked lol. I personally think that a lot of post processed lighting effects/reflections look as good or better than some games using ray tracing. This just proves it to me.

https://gamerant.com/demons-souls-ray-tracing-ps5/

Did anyone else hear demon souls won’t support ray tracing? Kind of cracks me up as digital foundry was talking a big game how great it’s ray tracing looked lol. I personally think that a lot of post processed lighting effects/reflections look as good or better than some games using ray tracing. This just proves it to me.

https://gamerant.com/demons-souls-ray-tracing-ps5/
Yeah, they have made mistakes in the past, sometimes wildly wrong things and got into tiffs with the devs over their methodology (one racing game I recall). They use software to determine resolution since output resolution stays consistent, but render resolution can vary (you are always looking at the resolution your console is set to, but the frame is often upscaled to the output, so their methods are typically based on edges where colors vary distinctly, and not all games are easy to determine). They are a significant part of the reason the whole 1080p vs 900p debate was a thing back in early last gen, most people couldn't tell the difference otherwise - all it did was fan the fanboys on.

When it comes to fancy features, they love to talk tech, but most of the time they are just looking for artifacts that indicate certain tech, such as ray tracing and whether shadows get hidden when an object is completely out of view or how light bounces off walls to illuminate other things (in other words, educated guessing).

It kind of comes down to what you think of the output, sometimes less sophisticated tech implemented cleverly can often emulate or even surpass the new hotness - especially in a fast paced game.

You wont get your accessories at that point. Their online order system will automatically detect they have a lot of stock after preorder holds expire tomorrow so they'll be forced to ship those out. I believe a lot of employees have commented on that as well on their subreddit.
The person I talked to was the actual store manager who happened to be the person who answered the phone. I asked about the whole pre order deal and if there would even be any controllers left to give when launch day came around since they released that day and then she told me about having set them all aside at her store for the pre ordered customers. So they were aware of this, and I'm fully expecting a controller to be there when I pick it up on launch day. Of course I admit you could be right but it sounded like this had already been considered. But it will surely vary by store. I'll let you guys know if they keep their word or not.

Worst case, I'll just cancel the preorder and wait for different colors to come out.

Yeah, they have made mistakes in the past, sometimes wildly wrong things and got into tiffs with the devs over their methodology (one racing game I recall). They use software to determine resolution since output resolution stays consistent, but render resolution can vary (you are always looking at the resolution your console is set to, but the frame is often upscaled to the output, so their methods are typically based on edges where colors vary distinctly, and not all games are easy to determine). They are a significant part of the reason the whole 1080p vs 900p debate was a thing back in early last gen, most people couldn't tell the difference otherwise - all it did was fan the fanboys on.

When it comes to fancy features, they love to talk tech, but most of the time they are just looking for artifacts that indicate certain tech, such as ray tracing and whether shadows get hidden when an object is completely out of view or how light bounces off walls to illuminate other things (in other words, educated guessing).

It kind of comes down to what you think of the output, sometimes less sophisticated tech implemented cleverly can often emulate or even surpass the new hotness - especially in a fast paced game.
Wouldn’t surprise me if ray tracing was a bigger deal next gen (ps6) seems like even the 3080 ray traces at a lower than 4K resolution. The reflected effects look very compromised compared to the real action being reflected. Almost like looking at a high res ps2/ps3 game depending on settings.

I'm seeing 850-1000 on craigslist from dirty scalpers. What do you guys think is a fair price if at all to pay if I wanted a PS5 on the 12th?

anyone have the steel series arctis 7p headset? is it worth the extra money over a pulse headset? Im looking to use my 10% off birthday coupon at best buy and it knocks it down to $135.

anyone have the steel series arctis 7p headset? is it worth the extra money over a pulse headset? Im looking to use my 10% off birthday coupon at best buy and it knocks it down to $135.
I have an Arctis 7 from 2017 which is apparently nearly identical to the 7p, and I can say that the actual sound fidelity isn't great. Music sounds bad, gameplay is OK but still not great. It has a kind of hollow sound; works fine for when I'm playing something social which is what I got it for. League, competitive games, etc. It definitely starts to feel uncomfortable after awhile...

I haven't compared to the Pulse 3D though. I'd love to know how much it weighs; I can't find information online. The weight measurements all seem to be for the box and all of the contents, not just the headset.

Sorry if this has been answered but do you guys think there will be extra units at launch? Couldn't preorder before but I'm looking forward to get one at launch.

Also got a call from local BB today asking if I wanted to schedule appointment between 6 and 9 am on the 12th to pick up PS5. Told them I would prefer to pick it up later in the day via curbside. They said that would be no problem. 

This is absurd. He isn’t getting it for that price on launch day. If he wants it on launch day and is willing to pay extra he absolutely should. I would think locally $750-800 would be a fair price.
What’s absurd is paying $250-300 over MSRP for a console that has not much exclusive to it for months and months. If you have a PS4 already, chill the hell out and wait till more get produced. There is very little reason to be frothing over being “first” to have a PS5 when there are only a tiny handful of exclusive games (demon souls, a remake, and godfall?). Like yeah something new is exciting but there is no reason to pay almost 2x the price.

And I’m saying this as someone who lucked out with a pre order.

What’s absurd is paying $250-300 over MSRP for a console that has not much exclusive to it for months and months. If you have a PS4 already, chill the hell out and wait till more get produced. There is very little reason to be frothing over being “first” to have a PS5 when there are only a tiny handful of exclusive games (demon souls, a remake, and godfall?). Like yeah something new is exciting but there is no reason to pay almost 2x the price.

And I’m saying this as someone who lucked out with a pre order.
Yup. I just bought a evga RTX 3080 XC Ultra for $1175 from local seller. He only paid $820 at microcenter. So I overpaid $350 ,but this card is beast!! I wouldn't pay over Msrp for ps5. I can wait until its available in stores.

Also got a call from local BB today asking if I wanted to schedule appointment between 6 and 9 am on the 12th to pick up PS5. Told them I would prefer to pick it up later in the day via curbside. They said that would be no problem.
At least y’all able to pickup! Target was only shipping!

For anyone who has already received their Pulse 3D headset, can you please check and see if it is compatible with PS3?

It is clearly marketed as working with both PS4 and PS5, but I can’t find anything confirming or not if it is compatible with PS3. Thanks!

I see tons of these preorders only bought to dump on ebay.  I'd say wait it out till end of Dec when people are returning them for refunds just like the ps3.  There are millions out of work struggling to pay the rent, even well off people spending 500 on a game console with abysmal launch lineup isn't high on the list of things to buy imo.

Did you see the sold listing on ebay people are going nuts. Not saying none get returned but the hype and what's going on in the world. Might be hard to find one till March or so.

I see tons of these preorders only bought to dump on ebay. I'd say wait it out till end of Dec when people are returning them for refunds just like the ps3. There are millions out of work struggling to pay the rent, even well off people spending 500 on a game console with abysmal launch lineup isn't high on the list of things to buy imo.
Patience is definitely a virtue. Not looking to get one until it's readily available for everyone.

Now I'm hyped for the DualSense stuff. How/why did they keep the level of innovation so quiet up until around now? It's so close to launch!
I got my dual sense yesterday. My take aways the triggers are the best I’ve ever felt. The controller is finally centered and balanced in the hand. The two things that need a little adjusting to is that the analog sticks have less resistance which some may or may not like. Lastly, the triangle, square, etc buttons have less travel. Reminds me an Xbox button’s travel. Overall a good controller. My one dislike is that the plastic body feels cheaper like an Xbox controller. That also seemed to be my same feeling moving from
PS3 to ps4.

I got my dual sense yesterday. My take aways the triggers are the best I’ve ever felt. The controller is finally centered and balanced in the hand. The two things that need a little adjusting to is that the analog sticks have less resistance which some may or may not like. Lastly, the triangle, square, etc buttons have less travel. Reminds me an Xbox button’s travel. Overall a good controller. My one dislike is that the plastic body feels cheaper like an Xbox controller. That also seemed to be my same feeling moving from
PS3 to ps4.
Great analysis, thank you! How much less resistance in the thumbsticks would you say it is? Like, barely noticeable, a lot, etc? I tend to accidentally push it all the way to the edges a lot during things that require a steady thumb as it is 😂

Great analysis, thank you! How much less resistance in the thumbsticks would you say it is? Like, barely noticeable, a lot, etc? I tend to accidentally push it all the way to the edges a lot during things that require a steady thumb as it is 😂
Feels very unplaystation like (in a good or bad way depending on your likes). I personally think it feels like it would be better at twitch game play. Still has more than enough resistance to be accurate. The ps1-ps4 analogs always felt the same to me in terms of travel and resistance, after 25+ years of owning PlayStation’s it stuck out to me as the biggest change. The change from ps3 analogs to ps4 really felt like more of a refinement in ergonomics, this is more a change in the way you play. Like I said before the triggers feel better than any PlayStation or Xbox controller. I was comparing it to a ps4, ps3, and Xbone controller last night.

Obviously I’ll get a better feel for it when playing ps5. This was just me handling it. I can see people getting very use to it.

bread's done
Back