Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Saw that I’m going to try and get an Xbox.
Good luck, during there pre-order release I was only able to get to the final checkout page and it kept kicking me back to cart until it eventually sold out. Its still in my saved for later. Don't these retailers ever learn, announcing what time it will go live is the worst thing you can do.

Ideally I’m gonna try to grab a 5 from amazon as I’m sitting on somewhere like 400-500 in credit there. If I can grab it somewhere else I’ll do that. Ideally amazon, then target, then bestbuy. Walmart would be my last choice.

Good luck, during there pre-order release I was only able to get to the final checkout page and it kept kicking me back to cart until it eventually sold out. Its still in my saved for later. Don't these retailers ever learn, announcing what time it will go live is the worst thing you can do.
I got 2 ps5 perorders coming. I also wanted an Xbox series x but they went live while I was working and in a meeting. Basically missed out unfortunately. I personally think the series x will be pretty easy to find in a month or so. Like it for sure will sell out in a day, but you’ll be able to get them.

I'll probably drop my BB preorder this weekend & keep my Amazon PS5 since I have credit there. Looking forward to next week.

I’m hoping everyone gets their preorders on time no matter how they ordered it (shipping or pickup). I’m personally super glad I was able to do Best Buy in store pickup, with the ability to schedule appointments it appears it should go smoothly.

I'll probably drop my BB preorder this weekend & keep my Amazon PS5 since I have credit there. Looking forward to next week.
I would keep both in case one gets delayed or canceled. You can always return or sell the one you don’t need. That’s what I’m doing. My brother in law is getting which ever one comes in last.

Anyone else have Walmart console preorders? I have both the PS5 and Series X and both still say “preparing order”. Anyone seen a status change at all from Walmart? Just curious

Wanted to get everyone's advice.  I have my ps5 preorder through target using a credit card through paypal.  However, my credit card got stolen this past weekend.  

There is still a pending authorization on  paypal for the ps5, but what will happen once target charges me?  I  added a new credit card to  my paypal but will it automatically charge the new card or will it cancel my preorder... trying to decide who to talk to about this?  paypal or target?

I have the new credit card as the preferred payment, so will it automatically roll to that card?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to get everyone's advice. I have my ps5 preorder through target using a credit card through paypal. However, my credit card got stolen this past weekend.

There is still a pending authorization on paypal for the ps5, but what will happen once target charges me? I added a new credit card to my paypal but will it automatically charge the new card or will it cancel my preorder... trying to decide who to talk to about this? paypal or target?

I have the new credit card as the preferred payment, so will it automatically roll to that card?
I’d contact PayPal on that one for sure. The sooner the better so you can keep your preorder.

I’d contact PayPal on that one for sure. The sooner the better so you can keep your preorder.
I talked to paypal. They said it should be fine, the charge will go to my other credit card.

I then spoke to Target, and the lady did not really seem to know what was going on, but told me that my order would cancel when it tried to charge the canceled credit card...

Now I have no idea who to believe or what to do...

I talked to paypal. They said it should be fine, the charge will go to my other credit card.

I then spoke to Target, and the lady did not really seem to know what was going on, but told me that my order would cancel when it tried to charge the canceled credit card...

Now I have no idea who to believe or what to do...
because it is going through paypal,it should skip the cancelled card completely. unless im mistaken target doesnt even see the card information so they wouldnt be able to change it anyway. at least that is how it worked for me in the past at bestbuy.com.

because it is going through paypal,it should skip the cancelled card completely. unless im mistaken target doesnt even see the card information so they wouldnt be able to change it anyway. at least that is how it worked for me in the past at bestbuy.com.
You are right. Target said they can't change it.

So did bestbuy still charge you if your initial payment form didn't work?

Anyone got charged on ps5 from gamestop? they charge me like 70usd for the ultimate bundle

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I got 2 ps5 perorders coming. I also wanted an Xbox series x but they went live while I was working and in a meeting. Basically missed out unfortunately. I personally think the series x will be pretty easy to find in a month or so. Like it for sure will sell out in a day, but you’ll be able to get them.
Where are you located? I’ve got a series X on preorder, I’d like to trade for or just buy a PS5. I’m located in Minnesota

My brother in law already claimed my PS5 and paid for it (no markup, I’m not a reseller).
That’s nice of you to hook up your brother in law. I’m not a reseller either. I’m trying to get myself a PS5 and a Xbox series X. I missed out on PS5 preorder but got a series X. I’d prefer a PS5 so that’s why I’d be willing to trade my series X. Hopefully I can get my hands on a PS5 soon.

Sony direct finally just charged my card for the 1st time since September 25th.

I got a text saying "did you make this purchase?"

Guess they're gonna use slow shipping?

Sony direct finally just charged my card for the 1st time since September 25th.

I got a text saying "did you make this purchase?"

Guess they're gonna use slow shipping?
My card was charged too. My order on Playstation Direct says "preparing for shipping". I wonder if they are gonna actually ship it today or Saturday maybe?

I hope we get it early.

Select Best Buy stores have PS5 on display.  Unfortunately, the one near me isn't one of the stores (yet?).  If you're interested, visit the PS5's product page to find out if your local store has demo models.

The display might not be setup correctly. Like a fan or something isn’t working or it’s just a bad ps5 units. Most people with the system have said it’s runs cooler than a ps4 and is pretty quiet.

That being said I don’t think it’s a good idea to stick the ps5 or any console in an enclosure.

Both my brothers and my launch ps4s overheated and died. If anything goes wrong Sony actually sends you a brand new sealed system if you bought during launch. I wouldn’t worry much about this.

No dualsense shortages at my target, apparently

attachicon.gif
87F29028-1C5F-4582-B681-C6125A50F965.jpeg
LMFAO, plenty of controllers for an OOS system I see. I'm kicking myself for not ordering a charging stand off Walmart.com and just eating the shipping charge yesterday because they're impossible to find and backordered. fucking hate Walmart though so couldn't do it.

Just a random FYI. It sounds like PS5 backwards compatibility is great. Pretty much every game gets some kind of boost, it sounds very similar to the Series X.

This is why competition is great, this is a great feature.

No dualsense shortages at my target, apparently

87F29028-1C5F-4582-B681-C6125A50F965.jpeg
Not surprised. Even those pulse head sets people want won’t be that hard to find in a few weeks. The demand probably caught Sony by surprise like the ps4 camera’s demand did at ps4 launch. Usually you manufacture peripherals by several factors more than the consoles you sell as people need 2-4 controllers.

Not surprised. Even those pulse head sets people want won’t be that hard to find in a few weeks. The demand probably caught Sony by surprise like the ps4 camera’s demand did at ps4 launch. Usually you manufacture peripherals by several factors more than the consoles you sell as people need 2-4 controllers.
My GameStop has like 50 DS on display lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GameStop has like 50 DS on display lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unlike Nintendo Sony and Microsoft do a good job of estimating demand. Obviously you can’t make enough consoles to meet day 1 demand, but they both for sure will catch up by Jan-March.

My GameStop order has charged my card and trade credit. The website is also saying preparing to ship.

This is just for the console not a bundle.

My Gamestop just called me, they are doing 10am-12pm for PS5 so we won't be bothered when picking up the consoles. They also told me I need ID so they don't sell to others by mistake. Also if I don't pick up by 8pm, the next day they could sell it even if I paid $50 on it. They also mentioned a trade boost if I had a system to trade towards it.

My order still lists it as preparing to ship but I got in my order on the second wave of preorders at Walmart. It wouldn't kill me to get it a little later since I'm already stuck waiting for Cyberpunk.

For those of you who preordered the Miles Morales game at the $21 price from Walmart the other day and had it cancelled, check your emails. Just got this.

"We will be sending a $20 eGift Card (one per customer) to this email within 5 business days that you can use on a future Walmart purchase. Please check your inbox for a separate email with the subject line: You have a Walmart eGift Card!
This is not the level of service we wish to provide and will work towards a better customer experience."

Looks like walmart is sending out PS5's early as well. My fedex manager shows delivery for tomorrow.
Wow, i got an order in on Sept 16th and mine is still preparing order. My card hasnt even been charged yet. Was hoping to get it by Tuesday so i could start Destiny 2 Beyond Light on PS5.

bread's done
Back