Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

My Walmart PS5 order from September 17th is still showing preparing order as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more likely that anyone who didn't get in on the first batch of preorders will get theirs after launch. I could see Walmart doing that. It's less than a week out and no updates. I don't see them eating the cost of priority shipping to meet the Nov. 12th deadline.

Anyone that pre-ordered their PS5 from Target, do you have any orders that have been shipped or charged? My order shows deliver from nov. 13 to 18.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

For those of you who preordered the Miles Morales game at the $21 price from Walmart the other day and had it cancelled, check your emails. Just got this.

"We will be sending a $20 eGift Card (one per customer) to this email within 5 business days that you can use on a future Walmart purchase. Please check your inbox for a separate email with the subject line: You have a Walmart eGift Card!
This is not the level of service we wish to provide and will work towards a better customer experience."
Kinda wish it didn’t get cancelled was kinda not interested much in getting the game but for that price...well whatever though, free $20

For those of you who preordered the Miles Morales game at the $21 price from Walmart the other day and had it cancelled, check your emails. Just got this.

"We will be sending a $20 eGift Card (one per customer) to this email within 5 business days that you can use on a future Walmart purchase. Please check your inbox for a separate email with the subject line: You have a Walmart eGift Card!
This is not the level of service we wish to provide and will work towards a better customer experience."
It’s funny I placed an order for two copies so I could get free shipping but so far only one seems cancelled. I even got the gift card email last night and the one copy still seems to be pending.

My Walmart order is still preparing for shipment as well
The walmart site says mine is preparing for shipment as well. But I set up a fed ex account last night after reading Youngnoble's post and just got an e-mail saying it was shipped Wednesday and that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

Oh what the hell, weird that I would get that cancellation email now instead of like few days ago when it actually got cancelled. Thought my other copy was cancelled too today.

So free $20 and a glitch order arriving nov 12 now I’m glad I ordered 2 lol

Is there any official update as to the GameStop bundles with Destruction All Stars? My order sent the PS+ code a week or so ago but the rest says Awaiting Product Availability (including the delayed Destruction game). 

The walmart site says mine is preparing for shipment as well. But I set up a fed ex account last night after reading Youngnoble's post and just got an e-mail saying it was shipped Wednesday and that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.
My says Sunday delivery too but it looks like they just created a label. No actual movement history on package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your account was charged already right? I was hoping mine was already on the way but no charge shows up in my checking account.

I just made a fedex account, where do i go to see any tracking info? Is it Tracking > Advanced Shipment tracking?

Is there any official update as to the GameStop bundles with Destruction All Stars? My order sent the PS+ code a week or so ago but the rest says Awaiting Product Availability (including the delayed Destruction game).
I had read somewhere that they were replacing it with a psn gift card. Don’t take that as fact though.

Your account was charged already right? I was hoping mine was already on the way but no charge shows up in my checking account.

I just made a fedex account, where do i go to see any tracking info?
I couldn't find any place on the site to track my ps5, I just signed up for email notifications for tracking on my deliveries. I guess once something changes on any package coming to the address they have for me they send an email.

Has anyone canceled their PS5 pre-order, by chance? I've been gaming for 3 decades and this would have been my first time getting a console on launch day but... I really don't see any reason buy one. 

Demon's Souls looks amazing but I know I'll get my ass kicked by it (just like I did the first time) and Astro looks like it'll do for the DualSense what Ape Escape did for the DualShock. Astro Bot is a game I really want to play and likely get Miles in a few months if there's a price drop but beyond that, I'd prob buy it just to play PS4 games for a while. Plus, with how fast AMD is improving their CPUs and GPUs on the PC, I'm thinking we'll see an improved version sooner rather than later. 

Has anyone canceled their PS5 pre-order, by chance? I've been gaming for 3 decades and this would have been my first launch day console but... I really don't see any reason buy one.

Demon's Souls looks amazing but I know I'll get my ass kicked by it (just like I did the first time) and Astro looks like it'll do for the DualSense what Ape Escape did for the DualShock. But beyond that, I'd prob buy it just to play PS4 games for a while.
Not me. I’m hyped. I’m getting two of them. One for living room and one for bedroom. Let’s go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone canceled their PS5 pre-order, by chance? I've been gaming for 3 decades and this would have been my first time getting a console on launch day but... I really don't see any reason buy one.

Demon's Souls looks amazing but I know I'll get my ass kicked by it (just like I did the first time) and Astro looks like it'll do for the DualSense what Ape Escape did for the DualShock. Astro Bot is a game I really want to play and likely get Miles in a few months if there's a price drop but beyond that, I'd prob buy it just to play PS4 games for a while. Plus, with how fast AMD is improving their CPUs and GPUs on the PC, I'm thinking we'll see an improved version sooner rather than later.
If the cash isn't a deciding factor, look at it as an upgrade to ps4 with killer future titles in the near future. Most games hopefully will run and run better. The new ps plus collection looks pretty good. I feel that I pretty much can hit the ground runny right where I left off the day before running the ps4. Just my thoughts.

I'm super excited to try the PS5/XSX, but for me, the must have games aren't available at launch. This makes it difficult to justify buying one on release. My plan is buy both of the systems, play them for a month and then sell them. It's likely I'll get all my money back because of high demand/low stock.

Just got a Sony direct shipment notification from FedEx. Looks like they are signature required, luckily. Make sure you’re home, delivery manager isn’t letting me hold it at a location for some reason.

I cancelled my order yesterday after some issues came up about it that I didn't like. Stuff PS4 has that PS5 doesn't like the ability to back up your saves to USB instead of needing PS+ which I don't use. Only Spiderman interested me, but I'll just play it on my PS4. I'll wait a year or two and see what they roll out/fix in updates and for more games to come out I want.

From my.time researching tvs on rtings and reddit, you DONT want the Frame, tu-8000, nanocell, or x800h.

Seems like the concesus is get LG Cx, samsung q90t or q80t, sony x900h, or if you cant afford those the tcl r635.

Im no expert tho so do what you want. lol
We have 3 TCL TVs in the house- many years old 1080p set and then 2 4k Roku sets. All have bean great and I’m a huge fan. Obviously I can get a better picture by spending more, but for under 300 each they have all been well worth it.

We have 3 TCL TVs in the house- many years old 1080p set and then 2 4k Roku sets. All have bean great and I’m a huge fan. Obviously I can get a better picture by spending more, but for under 300 each they have all been well worth it.
I have a TCL 6 series I picked up locally for 400 bucks when my cat knocked over a cheapo 65L vizio and also have a Sony X900F. Those really cheap TCLs are a straight bargain for their money but the HDR is pretty bad on them, and that’s where the biggest difference comes into play with 4K imo

From my.time researching tvs on rtings and reddit, you DONT want the Frame, tu-8000, nanocell, or x800h.

Seems like the concesus is get LG Cx, samsung q90t or q80t, sony x900h, or if you cant afford those the tcl r635.

Im no expert tho so do what you want. lol
Yep, I'm in complete agreement. Thought about posting the same thing, but figured I'd leave the article for people to read for themselves.

I would ignore the non-OLED LGs, anything below a Sony 900H, and the Vizios too (motion handling / stutter).

If you don’t want it and won’t be hurting for money, just keep it and sit on it a few weeks. If you decide not to buy it some parents will want to pay you good money for it closer to December

I'm super excited to try the PS5/XSX, but for me, the must have games aren't available at launch. This makes it difficult to justify buying one on release. My plan is buy both of the systems, play them for a month and then sell them. It's likely I'll get all my money back because of high demand/low stock.
Yeah this is my issue, I want it and really want to experience the haptic controller but... there's just Astro and nothing else until Horizon 2 and GoW Ragnarok. And I really wish Sony would support PS4 games on PS5 games like MS is doing for X1 games on SX but then again, MS doesn't really have much of a library going for it so I can see why they need to support last gen games.

If you don’t want it and won’t be hurting for money, just keep it and sit on it a few weeks. If you decide not to buy it some parents will want to pay you good money for it closer to December
Eh... I'm not against selling stuff I buy and later decide I might not want if I can make some money on it but large purchases are too risky for me to take a chance on.

With all that said though, most of the reviews for the system are pretty glowing. Even though it's hardware capabilities are being questioned, most everyone is saying it feels like a true next-gen system which is major praise given how so many people looked at the PS5/SX as "better graphics but what else?" mentality.

I am still waiting for my Antonline to ship my bundle....
Just chatted with them over IG and they said they won't start shipping until 11/12. So you most likely won't get it at launch but possibly saturday or monday depending on the carrier. Hope they are wrong though

Just chatted with them over IG and they said they won't start shipping until 11/12. So you most likely won't get it at launch but possibly saturday or monday depending on the carrier. Hope they are wrong though
They already have everyone's money so just poor customer service by them.

I called customer service. They told me that everything would ship except Destruction All Stars by 11/12/2020. If that the case I will just cancel my order once I have the console. Not paying $69.99+tax for a game that Sony is doing as a ps plus free game on release.

Just an FYI, I was able to get the PS5 headset at Walmart even though all of the Walmart’s said out of stock all around me. I think it’s the only one, but worth checking if you are going there anyway and want one.

They didn’t have it where most of the gaming stuff was, it was in the middle aisle that had mostly pc stuff and hard drives.

Yeah, there are virtually no PS5 games to play during release.   And you know what, that's totally fine.  There are plenty of old games to play.  I'm looking forward to starting Ghost of Tsushima at 4K 60fps, Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe at 4K 60fps, and hopefully other things like jumping back into Monster Hunter world with Iceborne at 4K60. 

Perhaps Nier and Death Stranding get graphical upgrades too.  There are tons of recent games I haven't played yet that I've specifically been waiting to play on PC, or else get some frame rate improvements on console. 

Destiny 2 is getting a graphics patch in Dec too.  That will be a great time to jump back in.   

Wow, i got an order in on Sept 16th and mine is still preparing order. My card hasnt even been charged yet. Was hoping to get it by Tuesday so i could start Destiny 2 Beyond Light on PS5.
Same story here.

I got my order confirmation on 9/16 (6:52 PM ET, for anyone keeping track at home). My order still lists an 11/12 delivery, but my credit card hasn't been dinged yet, and nothing's popping up in FedEx Delivery Manager.

Instead of focusing on buying a slew of new PS5 titles, I think people should be more focused on banking that money to upgrade their televisions.  New hardware is where its at right now;  not brand new software.   People are wastefully sinking hundreds of dollars into extra controllers, accessories, peripherals, expensive bundles, and $70 games when that money would be better-spent on upgrading their televisions instead.  So many people haven't experienced true HDR yet.  It will change your life. 

Yeah this is my issue, I want it and really want to experience the haptic controller but... there's just Astro and nothing else until Horizon 2 and GoW Ragnarok. And I really wish Sony would support PS4 games on PS5 games like MS is doing for X1 games on SX but then again, MS doesn't really have much of a library going for it so I can see why they need to support last gen games.

Eh... I'm not against selling stuff I buy and later decide I might not want if I can make some money on it but large purchases are too risky for me to take a chance on.

With all that said though, most of the reviews for the system are pretty glowing. Even though it's hardware capabilities are being questioned, most everyone is saying it feels like a true next-gen system which is major praise given how so many people looked at the PS5/SX as "better graphics but what else?" mentality.
I have not read any reviews about the controller, hardware, or UI but what hardware issues are the reviewers concern about? I am not planning to read any until I experience the system first hand.

I'm in the minority I'm sure but will probably wait til Rachet and Clank: Rift Apart comes out for Playstation 5 before grabbing one. By then the other titles should be cheaper on eBay and gamefly and some of the console's kinks will be worked out.

Instead of focusing on buying a slew of new PS5 titles, I think people should be more focused on banking that money to upgrade their televisions. New hardware is where its at right now; not brand new software. People are wastefully sinking hundreds of dollars into extra controllers, accessories, peripherals, expensive bundles, and $70 games when that money would be better-spent on upgrading their televisions instead. So many people haven't experienced true HDR yet. It will change your life.
I agree. I have a 6 series TCL 4k TV in my bedroom and barely noticed any difference with 4k HDR content.

Got the 8 series for the living room after a lot of research and it makes a big difference. I still think OLED or the higher end (ie. Q80 or Q90) QLEDs are a bit better but are substantially more expensive without being THAT much butter IMHO. I heard Sony's X90CH is comparable as is the Hitachi but I wanted maximum nits (although the TCL doesn't have variable refresh rate).

Got my controller and media remote but the charging dock at Target keeps getting kicked back. After two delays it is now simply Nov 6 ~ 20th. Console is still listed as preorder 13th ~ 18th. If it's anything like the controller though I will get a message on Tuesday that will simply say ETA Thursday. Luckily Target seems to be using UPS for orders to my place because FedEx is just awful. 

Just got the LG CX and it’s bigger than I thought in my small room. People should definitely upgrade their TVs first. HDR, vrr, gsync, 4K, 120hz, low input lag etc those are game changers. I’m kinda disappointed I never got my hands on any PS4 pro I still have the launch model and I can’t tell how these current gen games look in 4K but hatever ps5’s just around the corner. I just hope it accepts more than 8tb harddrives

I have not read any reviews about the controller, hardware, or UI but what hardware issues are the reviewers concern about? I am not planning to read any until I experience the system first hand.
From a technical aspect (which I'm no expert in), the big question is if the system's GPU is RDNA 2 architecture or not, which matters quite a bit because AMD recently revealed their RDNA2 GPUs and looks to finally go toe-to-toe with NVidia after years of trailing them. Officially, the PS5 does have RDNA 2 on paper but depending on where you look, at best there's speculation that it is RDNA 2 but does not have all the features and at worse, it's actually a very advanced version of RDNA 1.

From a non-technical aspect, Demon Souls Remake does not run at a native 4K 60fps from what I've seen. For what's the only true first party PS5 title (Miles is more of an upgrade from the PS4 engine vs being built from the ground up for the PS5 and Astro doesn't really look like a graphics powerhouse), not being able to hit true 4K is kind of a big miss IMO. But shit, I won't lie- Horizon 2 looks better than anything I've seen on SX and given how the PS4 launch games didn't exactly wow me and how Sony's first party studios are masters of pushing hardware- I can look past this eventually).

Probably the fakest news out there. Lol nobody has really questioned the PS5’s power (yet) and most BC games run better on PS5.

bread's done
Back