Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Sony also made it where it has to be delivered to the home. I tried to have it sent to a FedEx location via delivery manager and it said I couldn’t for that reason.
Aww yeah there can be delivery exceptions sometimes, depending on the company it came from. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a 13.25 lb box coming from FedEx though I assume it is my Xbox. It does look like Walmart is shipping these things early though and I am excited!

Kinda offtopic but has anybody got any emails about the PSVR camera adapter?  Thought I read somewhere that they got a shipping notifcation but havent seen anything on my end.  I still have my submit confirmation email

Kinda offtopic but has anybody got any emails about the PSVR camera adapter? Thought I read somewhere that they got a shipping notifcation but havent seen anything on my end. I still have my submit confirmation email
I sent in the request for the adapter and got it today with no shipping notification from Sony

Kinda offtopic but has anybody got any emails about the PSVR camera adapter? Thought I read somewhere that they got a shipping notifcation but havent seen anything on my end. I still have my submit confirmation email
Requested at least a week ago, and nothing yet.

You know what's worse than pages upon pages of shipping notifications?

"Mine hasn't shipped yet", "I cancelled my order", and especially "I checked my order again and it still hasn't shipped out". NO ONE fuck ING CARES.
Then don't comment and read a pre-order thread days away from a launch.

The PS5 has got to be the biggest console ever made. Right now, I'm going to wait for a smaller version to come out. That could change of course but my God, that thing screams make me smaller.

Any known issues about this TV? $900 for OLED is finally an upgrade at a price I can justify.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-oled-4k-uhd-smartcast-tv/6416810.p?skuId=6416810
Ill never buy another Vizio again, to hell with that brand. Bought a 55 inch LCD 4K tv and just a few months out of warranty and the back lights of my tv are dying and the tv randomly shuts off. Looked up the model of my tv and saw people wanted to file a class action lawsuit, all models of this variant were made low quality and die off quick. Crap company.

Got no confirmation from Sony. Got a notice from fedex saying SIC LLC was sending me something randomly last week. It’s a 2.5 to 3 inch long adapter lol...no ideas why it’s so big. It’s something made by Sony so I’m guessing it will evenly get packaged in psvr.

The PS5 has got to be the biggest console ever made. Right now, I'm going to wait for a smaller version to come out. That could change of course but my God, that thing screams make me smaller.
[attachment=34876:D3C15C25-5B4B-4518-8EE9-2CD44EEE9795.jpeg]

[attachment=34877:95980316-036C-45A0-A0BA-E3DFF73BFE9D.jpeg]

Via John Linneman @ Digital Foundry. I tried to embed the Tweet, but it didn’t work.

Looks like the Philips CD-i is just a bit larger.

I submit mine the day or two after it went live since I kept getting hit with errors. Still nothing delivered yet.

Ill never buy another Vizio again, to hell with that brand. Bought a 55 inch LCD 4K tv and just a few months out of warranty and the back lights of my tv are dying and the tv randomly shuts off. Looked up the model of my tv and saw people wanted to file a class action lawsuit, all models of this variant were made low quality and die off quick. Crap company.
I second this, I bought a $2000 P series in 2016 and the yellow banding is taking over like half the 65" screen. It shows mostly when the screen is dark/gray which a lot of games/movies are. My other older Vizio that my son plays on has a big gray/black area too.

For people who ordered from Best Buy: does yours say “we’ll ship it by November 12th”? Or does it say arrives November 12th? Mine says the former.

For people who ordered from Best Buy: does yours say “we’ll ship it by November 12th”? Or does it say arrives November 12th? Mine says the former.
Mine also states "We'll ship it by Nov. 12th" for the PS5. Even though it says, ship by Nov.12, I think they'll ship the day before and arrive on release day. My Xbox shipped today and will arrive on release day tomorrow.

Any known issues about this TV? $900 for OLED is finally an upgrade at a price I can justify.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-oled-4k-uhd-smartcast-tv/6416810.p?skuId=6416810
Yeah, simply don't buy Vizio. They have all sorts of customer-reported problems from bad color banding to stutter and poor motion-handing. Customer satisfaction on Vizios is often very, very low.

There are many performance boons as well as widespread issues and problems that do not get properly quantified on rtings.com review scores. Take their scores with a grain of salt. Rtings doesn't even quantify anything in the realm of lifetime ownership issues or widespread reported problems after the point of purchase. You really need to read customer anecdotes and testimonials on tech forums and customer reviews.

Reliability and longevity are important to a lot of people. So are brightness levels on non-OLEDs. Those aspects don't get quantified.

If you're getting an OLED then go with LG. The Sony OLEDs are very good too but their prices are hugely inflated.

For anyone who ordered an ANTOnline bundle:

I contacted them today and was told that they are shipping them on the 12th and it will take 3-5 business days for ground shipping. She said I couldn’t upgrade the shipping.

Any updates with target? My order is still pending
No movement. Worth mentioning my XSX hasn't shipped yet either but did move to preparing to ship. I suspect these consoles aren't shipping until launch day at this point, which will be a huge disappointment in both companies failure to manage expectations. I can't think of a major device launch that manufacturers actually missed their own release day with product. COVID can't really be used as an excuse in this instance since they've had months.

I guess the ps5 does not fully support hdmi 2.1, but may in a future update. At launch there is no variable refresh rate options (maybe updated at a later date or game by game), lacks hdr 10+, and 3D audio to avrs/sound bars will available at a later date. Still waiting to hear if it will support atmos and dts:X. Kind of a bumber, really wanted to check that tempest engine out.

This kind of makes sense why Sony’s ps5 certified TVs lack some of these features. I.e hdr10+ and use a modified version of Dolby vision (no vrf at 4 k 120 hz).

For anyone who ordered an ANTOnline bundle:

I contacted them today and was told that they are shipping them on the 12th and it will take 3-5 business days for ground shipping. She said I couldn’t upgrade the shipping.
As much as it sucks not to get one on launch day, I'll just be happy to get one a couple of days after. I took the next two weeks off of work in advance of thanksgiving. I've got Assassin's Creed and COD (I know, I know) to tie me over until it shows up.

After ordering from them in the past, they usually oversell you on the delivery time. 3-5 days, at least for me, on average is more like 2. Of course with COVID, I'm not sure if that'll still hold up

Best Buy order status is still: Pre-Ordered

DualSense controller's retail price is $70!  I don't know about you guys, but all the new features that come with the new controller sound neat but I'm gonna turn it all off after awhile.  I would like Sony to release an alternative, cheaper bare-bones controller, for like $40-$50 - no rumble, no touch pad, no rechargeable battery and all the other new features.  I don't want any of that.

DualSense controller's retail price is $70! I don't know about you guys, but all the new features that come with the new controller sound neat but I'm gonna turn it all off after awhile. I would like Sony to release an alternative, cheaper bare-bones controller, for like $40-$50 - no rumble, no touch pad, no rechargeable battery and all the other new features. I don't want any of that.
Sony never will, no console maker will do that, but give it a year and you’ll have third party versions for that price I would guess.

I’m imagining there will be games where you can’t turn those features off. You just know Kojima will go crazy with the triggers resisting you, Naughty Dog too.

Target has made it pretty clear that I'm not getting my console launch day

attachicon.gif
target receipt.png
Same. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony never will, no console maker will do that, but give it a year and you’ll have third party versions for that price I would guess.

I’m imagining there will be games where you can’t turn those features off. You just know Kojima will go crazy with the triggers resisting you, Naughty Dog too.
It's something I want, knowing full well it's not gonna happen.:)

DualSense controller's retail price is $70! I don't know about you guys, but all the new features that come with the new controller sound neat but I'm gonna turn it all off after awhile. I would like Sony to release an alternative, cheaper bare-bones controller, for like $40-$50 - no rumble, no touch pad, no rechargeable battery and all the other new features. I don't want any of that.
Personally I have no interest in their haptic feedback, or other crap they jammed into the new controller. I'm pissed I can't use the 3-4 PS4 controllers I rotate through going forward with PS5 games because I'm rather fond of them. People were actually giving MS shit for lack of innovation to their controller design and essentially only adding the share button and some grips. Call me crazy but I'm relieved since the Night Ops skinned one I have is my absolute favorite controller of all time and I can still use it when I play Valhalla as my first XSX game.

The fact Sony actually blocked PS4 controllers from use in PS5 games shows their absolute disdain for backwards compatibility and greedy business decisions. More options are never a bad thing.

Personally I have no interest in their haptic feedback, or other crap they jammed into the new controller. I'm pissed I can't use the 3-4 PS4 controllers I rotate through going forward with PS5 games because I'm rather fond of them. People were actually giving MS shit for lack of innovation to their controller design and essentially only adding the share button and some grips. Call me crazy but I'm relieved since the Night Ops skinned one I have is my absolute favorite controller of all time and I can still use it when I play Valhalla as my first XSX game.

The fact Sony actually blocked PS4 controllers from use in PS5 games shows their absolute disdain for backwards compatibility and greedy business decisions. More options are never a bad thing.
To be fair no PlayStation controller has worked cross generationally. I think the same can be said of Xbox, but don’t quote me on that as I’m mostly a ps and Nintendo gamer.

To be fair no PlayStation controller has worked cross generationally. I think the same can be said of Xbox, but don’t quote me on that as I’m mostly a ps and Nintendo gamer.
It's my understanding that at least with Series X, all Xbox controllers are BC and will work day one.

And yes, I get that Sony controllers have never worked platform to platform. That's because they keep adding features that are abandoned after a few months. Sixth-axis (did anything other than Lair use this? lol. . .), touchpad support (this thing is just a map button now), the move sensor light (removed this generation), etc. The PS controller was done by the time PS2 rolled around and dual-shock was refined. There's nothing I've seen that was absolutely essential since then that would hamper gameplay in any way or downgrade it.

I think the PS1 controller worked on PS2 with a lot of games. Xbox one controllers will work with series S|X as well. I think it's lame PS4 controllers front work on a PS5, but I'd don't have a huge collection of PS4 controllers so doesn't really impact me too much.

It's my understanding that at least with Series X, all Xbox controllers are BC and will work day one.
Nice not surprised. MS has taken a very proconsumer stance this year to make up for the xbone blunder. I like how they’re treating current gen and next gen as more of an evolution of prior consoles. Sony likes a clear cut line in the sand between generation. Their are pros and cons to both approaches.

I’ve lost hope on my target pre order. When are the times we can order the ps5 online for store pickup and is it on the day of launch?

I think the PS1 controller worked on PS2 with a lot of games. Xbox one controllers will work with series S|X as well. I think it's lame PS4 controllers front work on a PS5, but I'd don't have a huge collection of PS4 controllers so doesn't really impact me too much.
A lot did not work and the ps2 controller worked with all games. It was also better and the same price as a dual shock 1. So most just used the 2.

Pre-ordered 2 of both the PS5 and Xbox Series X (second consoles are for my gf). I pre-ordered an Xbox Series X and PS5 from Walmart, an Xbox Series X from Microsoft, and a PS5 from Amazon. I've only seen movement from Microsoft. Nothing on my PS5s and the other Xbox Series X.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And yes, I get that Sony controllers have never worked platform to platform. That's because they keep adding features that are abandoned after a few months. Sixth-axis (did anything other than Lair use this? lol. . .), touchpad support (this thing is just a map button now), the move sensor light (removed this generation), etc. The PS controller was done by the time PS2 rolled around and dual-shock was refined. There's nothing I've seen that was absolutely essential since then that would hamper gameplay in any way or downgrade it.
Yep, the whole reason that Sony re-designs their controller every gen is so that they can sell new ones to you for $60-$70.

I never buy any controllers unless I need one and they are < $40 on Black Friday or some random Target clearance.

Yep, the whole reason that Sony re-designs their controller every gen is so that they can sell new ones to you for $60-$70.

I never buy any controllers unless I need one and they are < $40 on Black Friday or some random Target clearance.
Exactly. And given the track record, we all know damn well the real reason Sony lawyers sent C&D to PlateStation.com is not so they can sell their own faceplates--oh no. It's so they can sell custom plates on an ENTIRE SYSTEM the way they've always done. Awful.

My friend got an email that his Walmart PS5 preorder might be arriving a day or two late. My other friend also got an identical email about his Series X preorder. I haven’t gotten a delay email as of right now.

Has anyone else gotten that email about their Walmart PS5 preorder?

bread's done
Back