Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

For anyone who ordered an ANTOnline bundle:

I contacted them today and was told that they are shipping them on the 12th and it will take 3-5 business days for ground shipping. She said I couldn’t upgrade the shipping.
Thanks for checking for us, patience is a virtue now...just measure and dust/clean where we will unload it I guess.

Called Amazon and spoke to a representative and they told me it's sold out, and I'm like thinking I know it's sold out which is why I preordered it, and I Checked my Amazon order and it said Delivery on Thursday. Got to take their word for it for now

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair no PlayStation controller has worked cross generationally. I think the same can be said of Xbox, but don’t quote me on that as I’m mostly a ps and Nintendo gamer.
Just FYI - You can set up a PS4 controller for use on PS3... you’ll have some issues related to the PlayStation button depending on how you set it up (wire to PS3 first, then register it as a blue tooth device) but it will work. There’s tutorials and stuff and it’s incentivized me to finish some PS3 games since I much prefer the PS4 controller now.

Yep, the whole reason that Sony re-designs their controller every gen is so that they can sell new ones to you for $60-$70.

I never buy any controllers unless I need one and they are < $40 on Black Friday or some random Target clearance.
To be fair the dual shock 4 and dual sense had some innovation, touch, speakers, lighting, microphones, haptics, etc. Also, the ps3 went all wireless. Wireless controllers were hella rare when the ps2 was around. In fact the only good wireless controller that generation was the wave bird on game cube. At least Sony innovates their controllers to at least justify a repurchase.

My series X from Walmart is finally showing shipped for delivery tomorrow. No movement on the PS5 yet but I’ll assume it will move Wednesday for delivery on Thursday

To be fair the dual shock 4 and dual sense had some innovation, touch, speakers, lighting, microphones, haptics, etc. Also, the ps3 went all wireless. Wireless controllers were hella rare when the ps2 was around. In fact the only good wireless controller that generation was the wave bird on game cube. At least Sony innovates their controllers to at least justify a repurchase.
Giving us a reason to upgrade is one thing; imposing it as the only option and justifying that as the reason, is another. I'm not against upgrades, or innovation, but dropping support for an 'outdated' peripheral, one that fully functions on the system mind you, is just plain greedy.

My series X from Walmart is finally showing shipped for delivery tomorrow. No movement on the PS5 yet but I’ll assume it will move Wednesday for delivery on Thursday
Just got my Series X like half and hour after I posted on here. It was from Walmart. So you MAY get it today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Called Amazon and spoke a representative and they told me it's sold out, and I'm like thinking I know it's sold out which is why I preordered it, and I Checked my Amazon order and it said Delivery on Thursday. Got to take their word for it for now
My boy is losing it right now cause they told him the same thing. His doesn’t have a delivery date and says email when available. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving us a reason to upgrade is one thing; imposing it as the only option and justifying that as the reason, is another. I'm not against upgrades, or innovation, but dropping support for an 'outdated' peripheral, one that fully functions on the system mind you, is just plain greedy.
I really don’t see it that way as the dual sense is pretty evolutionary. Also, you can’t develop games with 4 different controller variants in mind. You know? I have to give them credit they at least try something new each generation and the dual sense seems to be living up to the hype. At least they’re not pumping out the same controller year after year forcing you to rebuy the same crap.

My household is awaiting 3 ps5 orders, one from Antonline and two from Amazon. Our prime account is showing thursday delivery and our other account is showing 11/23-11/26. 

Nah, actually I don't use my PS4 controllers for anything that the PS3 controllers didn't do. Besides the mic jack, I suppose you could count that.

Sony reinvents the DualShock controller in order to sell you new ones. Controller and headset sales are their primary sources of profit from hardware. Accessories only exist because they have high profit margin. Games were not designed with anything worthwhile around those touchscreen, speakers, or lighting features. They were largely unnecessary. A controller is a controller, for many of us. The fundamentals of a controller's design have hardly changed at all during the previous 15 years.

I always thought the speaker in controller was kind of lame. Never really cared for the middle pad swiping thing though it worked OK in some games like Ghosts of Tsushima. I will likely wait for another controller color to come out before buying another, though if the battery life sucks I may think otherwise.

Plus, you can still use PS4 controllers for PS4 games on the PS5. So what's the issue here? And PS4 fight sticks still work on PS5, which wasn't the case from PS3 to PS4.

The PS4 controller touchpad was also nice when paired with an android device. It acted like a crappy Wacom.

My friend got an email that his Walmart PS5 preorder might be arriving a day or two late. My other friend also got an identical email about his Series X preorder. I haven’t gotten a delay email as of right now.

Has anyone else gotten that email about their Walmart PS5 preorder?
I haven't had any movement or any news, but it is just weird that they would have this issue if they plan to sell stock on release day, as i have read may be the case.

Nah, actually I don't use my PS4 controllers for anything that the PS3 controllers didn't do. Besides the mic jack, I suppose you could count that.
The ps4 controller was designed for psvr in mind. That’s why the first version on the controller only lit in the front. The second revision added that window to show lighting effects so it would have more purpose. Basically the psvr was supposed to come out around launch but got hella delayed.

You can tell the dual sense does not have psvr in mind as it’s lit from the the sides.

Also, if you don’t like buying peripherals each generation maybe build a pc....every console generation has had a new controller. Yes some of it is to drive sales and make your old stuff obsolete, but some of it is done to advance the way we play.

In general you may want to start not buying stuff in a proprietary ecosystem as that does not appear to be your jam.

Corporations learned a long time ago if you give the consumer the option to upgrade versus forcing it, they'll never make their money back. People will most likely go for the cheapest option, sticking with what they have versus getting something new unless they need it. So in this case - they mandate it so it sells. Don't forget companies exist to make money... so they do what's in their own best interest, not the consumer's.

Corporations learned a long time ago if you give the consumer the option to upgrade versus forcing it, they'll never make their money back. People will most likely go for the cheapest option, sticking with what they have versus getting something new unless they need it. So in this case - they mandate it so it sells. Don't forget companies exist to make money... so they do what's in their own best interest, not the consumer's.
Not debating what the point of any business is. A company also makes no money off one-time purchases, it's the repeat business that sustains them. My shift to Xbox this generation means that they're losing a vast majority of software sales on their platform aside from exclusives. The wife isn't even picking up a PS5, which is a two-decade long first so while it's fine to make money on accessories, there's only so far that will carry them when considering brand loyalty.

Target is and always will be one of my least favorite stores for video games. They actively try not to fulfill preorders. They’ve activated a charge on my card for 550 every week since my preorder and haven’t erased any of them, they will cancel as soon as it says it doesn’t have funds, and refuse to ship before the release date so it arrives on release day. Luckily I know their tricky tactics from previous preorders from them and have a card dedicated to preorders but still. They’re the only company that does this.

I’m the opposite. At least with games. I’m honestly not sure about getting my series x because I don’t see a reason to. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out why I should and I can’t. No launch exclusives, not updated features, and though the hardware is amazing, it won’t reach its full potential for a couple years anyway. I really want a reason to keep my series x but I can’t find one. I don’t have any reasons not to get a ps5. Better sound with 3D audio, better controller with dual sense, exclusives on launch, and better hardware. Though it won’t reach its potential for a few years as well, the other things give me a reason to get it day 1.

I’m the opposite. At least with games. I’m honestly not sure about getting my series x because I don’t see a reason to. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out why I should and I can’t. No launch exclusives, not updated features, and though the hardware is amazing, it won’t reach its full potential for a couple years anyway. I really want a reason to keep my series x but I can’t find one. I don’t have any reasons not to get a ps5. Better sound with 3D audio, better controller with dual sense, exclusives on launch, and better hardware. Though it won’t reach its potential for a few years as well, the other things give me a reason to get it day 1.
Having Game Pass in the den is my only reason for getting XSX honestly. It's a damn good one though.

I just got the "Your order will be shipping soon" email from GameStop with a delivery date of the 12th. I DID pay the additional $25 for shipping.

Walked out to the mailbox today and saw a random package from a random location. Opened it and it turned out to be the PS5 Camera adapter I requested.

Sony never even sent me any emails regarding it, but happy it came, especially since i signed up super late

Target is and always will be one of my least favorite stores for video games. They actively try not to fulfill preorders. They’ve activated a charge on my card for 550 every week since my preorder and haven’t erased any of them, they will cancel as soon as it says it doesn’t have funds, and refuse to ship before the release date so it arrives on release day. Luckily I know their tricky tactics from previous preorders from them and have a card dedicated to preorders but still. They’re the only company that does this.
That has been my experience with Walmart. Hoping the same won’t be the case at target. Spoke with bestbuy today and it seems like my preorder is confirmed for a Thursday pick up. No clue what’s going on with my target order.

Paying $6 for a starbucks also feels wrong
Keep an eye on brickseek for a good Keurig deal. One of the best investments for a coffee drinker. Or if you need to-go coffee, McDonald’s has probably the best fast food coffee out there, coffee that costs a dollar has no business being that good

Also I got the “potential day or two delay” on my ps5 from Walmart as well. As long as it arrives I’m fine. I fully expected a cancellation since it’s Walmart.

Also I got the “potential day or two delay” on my ps5 from Walmart as well. As long as it arrives I’m fine. I fully expected a cancellation since it’s Walmart.
Not to be pessimistic but that’s been my experience. Even had them cancel things I preordered day 1 and were in stock locally. Makes no sense, they just blame the manufacturer. I will never preorder there again. Happened 3 times this year and zero f(s) were given.

Still nothing on mine from Target or Walmart on my two preorders no pending charges, emails, or pending shipments. Also it still seems one of my $21 Walmart Spider-Man MM games is still active in my order history from the price mistake the other day.

Keep an eye on brickseek for a good Keurig deal. One of the best investments for a coffee drinker. Or if you need to-go coffee, McDonald’s has probably the best fast food coffee out there, coffee that costs a dollar has no business being that good
Oof, you savage! Then again, I am a coffee snob so I can't really judge what people prefer to drink. ;)

Walmart still says arrives by the 12th.  Maybe they'll pull an Amazon where it'll ship and arrive the next day.  Walmart does have the logistics, but I dunno.  Target I'm less concerned about, as they didn't say it'll arrive by the 12th.  It's still frustrating that I've heard nothing.  At the very least both haven't changed statuses. 

Oof, you savage! Then again, I am a coffee snob so I can't really judge what people prefer to drink. ;)
Mehh it's more or less for me being too cheap to pay $6/day for coffee from these big chains and I hate Starbucks coffee. We have a local coffee shop that's fairly expensive but their coffee is bomb. I'll treat myself every once in awhile to their coffee but they're the exception, and I like to support local businesses.

I'll add myself to the list of people that hasn't been charged yet. I have PS5s ordered through Amazon, Target and Walmart. 0-3 so far.

My PS Camera Adaptor somehow got delayed in Alabama and won't arrive until Thursday. My Preorders at Target and Amazon US have yet to ship. This is going to be a mentally slow week 😭

My PS Camera Adaptor somehow got delayed in Alabama and won't arrive until Thursday. My Preorders at Target and Amazon US have yet to ship. This is going to be a mentally slow week 😭
It’s a comically large adapter...maybe 2.5-3 inches long for some reason.

My gamestop order has charged. I ordered one of the destruction derby ones and theyve charged me for that bundle price minus the derby game. Says preparing shipment on the order as well and I've received countless emails updating me on the status. 

My amazon PS5 updated to say arriving Thursday before 8pm but I havent been charged yet. 

I'm just letting everything ride and ill sort it out when it gets here.

My PS Camera Adaptor somehow got delayed in Alabama and won't arrive until Thursday. My Preorders at Target and Amazon US have yet to ship. This is going to be a mentally slow week
Is there a way to track it? I signed up the day it was available and haven't heard anything

Is there a way to track it? I signed up the day it was available and haven't heard anything
I would like to know this also. I know someone said they were coming via FedEx, but I couldn't find a way on the FedEx site since I don't have a tracking number.

I went back to the Sony site and it says an adaptor has already been ordered for my PSVR serial number so I guess I just wait.

bread's done
Back