Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

My target preorder is preparing to ship and says the estimated delivery is next wednesday.  I don't really care about it being late but it says it ships in the actual PS5 box so i'm a little worried about porch pirates.

Wal-Mart's website says they'll have limited stock available starting at 12PM EST tomorrow.
Care with Walmart. I know ive personally experienced this as well as seeing several reports of Walmart taking payment, sending confirmation email, and then hours later cancelling the order.

PS5 preorder for me they charged me the full amount instantly then took a few weeks to clear the credit card after they cancelled it. TLDR: dont bank on Walmart orders.

Target has updated mine to shipping with a track package and code. Not showing in FedEx yet meaning preprinted sticker, and a arrival date of the 18th. Doubt it will take until the 18th but odds of it being tomorrow are next to 0 at this point. Think I may try to nab one tonight at Target for in-store pickup tomorrow and then hand the Fed-Ex one over to my buddy who didn't get a P/O in. 

Really dislike this new trend in logistics where an item is considered "Shipped" when all they have done is print a label.

My target preorder is preparing to ship and says the estimated delivery is next wednesday. I don't really care about it being late but it says it ships in the actual PS5 box so i'm a little worried about porch pirates.
Yep, mine just shipped - tracking generated and email received. Says the 18th, which is almost certainly just a worst case estimate. It is Fedex Ground though, so tomorrow would be very optimistic. We won't know until Fedex picks it up and processes it. Best Buy isn't shipping my games until tomorrow for some reason though.

Doe7kyZ.png

They aren't even going to ship it in a box? Are you fucking KIDDING me, Target?!

Target has updated mine to shipping with a track package and code. Not showing in FedEx yet meaning preprinted sticker, and a arrival date of the 18th. Doubt it will take until the 18th but odds of it being tomorrow are next to 0 at this point. Think I may try to nab one tonight at Target for in-store pickup tomorrow and then hand the Fed-Ex one over to my buddy who didn't get a P/O in.

Really dislike this new trend in logistics where an item is considered "Shipped" when all they have done is print a label.

Yep, mine just shipped - tracking generated and email received. Says the 18th, which is almost certainly just a worst case estimate. It is Fedex Ground though, so tomorrow would be very optimistic. We won't know until Fedex picks it up and processes it. Best Buy isn't shipping my games until tomorrow for some reason though.
So when did you guys preorder? The 17th? Hoping I see an update that gives me the "real" delivery date by tomorrow.

So I signed up for the FedEx thing and I see a package from SolutionsToGo, about 14 lbs so that's almost certainly the PS5.  Interestingly, it says it should've shipped on the 4th.  No release date, and showing as located in KY, which is more than a day from ground.  

I know when Microsoft Store updated my tracking for my Xbox it was also through FedEx and apparently it was in a FedEx facility within a day from me, so when it did the last mile ship, I got it the next day.  Perhaps Walmart is doing the same thing Microsoft Store did, except it hasn't given any updates to the tracking?  I dunno.  But I at least know a label's been made for the console.

EDIT:  Target hasn't updated my shipping yet.  Still showing as scheduled to arrive on the 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when did you guys preorder? The 17th? Hoping I see an update that gives me the "real" delivery date by tomorrow.
When it went live the first time. Not long after it popped up. Got it into cart fairly quick, but had to hammer the order button till it went through. My confirmation email says 7:55pm 9/16/2020.

6:41pm on Sep 16, 2020 CST, so moments after they went live. Happened to have the Target App open when a friend said GO GO GO. No idea when I will actually see the dock charger thing.

Anyone's PS5 from gamestop ship out yet? I just got my PS+ code this morning, they're still processing my bundle. I paid for launch day delivery so I'm a little surprised it still hasn't gone out...

Anyone's PS5 from gamestop ship out yet? I just got my PS+ code this morning, they're still processing my bundle. I paid for launch day delivery so I'm a little surprised it still hasn't gone out...
My gf's shipped with tracking, she did the free shipping. I paid for release day shipping and mine is still preparing to ship.

When it went live the first time. Not long after it popped up. Got it into cart fairly quick, but had to hammer the order button till it went through. My confirmation email says 7:55pm 9/16/2020.
Thanks, looks like I'm a full day behind. Hopefully both groups of preorders go out today.

I wonder if any regional retailers will have these available. I didn't pre-order the PS4 back at launch, but then changed my mind and was able to go to a Fred Meyers at around 9pm on the eve of launch and walk out with one at midnight. It would be awesome to be able to do that again tonight haha. 

I wonder if any regional retailers will have these available. I didn't pre-order the PS4 back at launch, but then changed my mind and was able to go to a Fred Meyers at around 9pm on the even of launch and walk out with one at midnight. It would be awesome to be able to do that again tonight haha.
PS5s won't be available at retail for launch unless they were preordered.

No dice on my target order...but they did put a hold on my credit card. I’m thinking it will ship tomorrow. To their defense they never projected I would get it by launch.

No dice on my target order...but they did put a hold on my credit card. I’m thinking it will ship tomorrow. To their defense they never projected I would get it by launch.

I just realized I had typed in the wrong expiration on my card for my Amazon order and just corrected it. Would they have attempted to charge the other cards I have on file if they were correct since the 1 I used was wrong originally?

I just realized I had typed in the wrong expiration on my card for my Amazon order and just corrected it. Would they have attempted to charge the other cards I have on file if they were correct since the 1 I used was wrong originally?
No they only charge the card you use to submit the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My BB order shipped. It says arriving tomorrow, but we’ll see.

My Demon’s Souls and Spider-Man shipped.

Godfall looks meh, but I’m a moron. I only preordered it because it got it confused with Babylon’s Fall.

Anyone that ordered from Walmart NOT stuck in "Preparing order"?
Wondering if this means they are having a staff member deliver it personally. Corona has things crazy. Got a toy recently delivered by local store not usps/ups/fedex

PS5s won't be available at retail for launch unless they were preordered.
Not accurate. WalMart is putting some up tomorrow and I know of at least two other locations / sites that will have some, however limited they may be.

WalMart has set hours for their release times online and allegedly you need to order them there. We all know how that went for XBX.

I wonder if any regional retailers will have these available. I didn't pre-order the PS4 back at launch, but then changed my mind and was able to go to a Fred Meyers at around 9pm on the eve of launch and walk out with one at midnight. It would be awesome to be able to do that again tonight haha.
When I looked at Target's website at midnight Tuesday they had the Xbox series S available to pick up at almost all of the Targets near me and a few locations had Xbox Series X available for store pick up. Its worth taking a look at each website.

Game informer has their review in progress for godfall as well, everyone seems to be on the same page:

"In my time, I've enjoyed the boss battles and loot, but have grown bored of the three open-world environments, which are small and don't hold much visual flavor. Everything looks the same, be it the architecture, rocks, plants, and even the enemies. Godfall hits one note at the beginning of the game and holds it all the way to the end. It's not a bad note, but if not for the loot progression, I don't think I would play for long. The story and world are both lifeless, and don't hold much excitement at all."

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/11/11/godfall-review-in-progress

Might cancel my target pre order, but at $46 it might be worth it still.

Does anyone know if GameStop use Solutions 2 Go? I have package that weights 14.2lbs scheduled for delivery 11/13 from them. I know Walmart uses them, but I preordered from GameStop.

Game informer has their review in progress for godfall as well, everyone seems to be on the same page:

"In my time, I've enjoyed the boss battles and loot, but have grown bored of the three open-world environments, which are small and don't hold much visual flavor. Everything looks the same, be it the architecture, rocks, plants, and even the enemies. Godfall hits one note at the beginning of the game and holds it all the way to the end. It's not a bad note, but if not for the loot progression, I don't think I would play for long. The story and world are both lifeless, and don't hold much excitement at all."

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/11/11/godfall-review-in-progress

Might cancel my target pre order, but at $46 it might be worth it still.
I’m in the same boat...no matchmaking is making me lean towards cancelling b/c I really don’t care to lfg for coop which would inevitably be the strength of the game.

For the Xbox at least Meijer stores did first come first served, though with COVID they actually close at midnight and reopen at 6am. They did have signs printed saying "We might have PS5 at 6am" last time I saw someone on twitter post about it.

E:

https://twitter.com/meijer/status/1324756702625869824

"Call your store for information"

bread's done
Back