Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I got the Gamestop call to come get mine tomorrow or Friday. But after Friday they get released for the public.

How is an 'indirect signature required' safe.. any damn body can snag the package
I haven't had FedEx or USPS take my signature last bunch of months, even for things that said Direct Required.

Anyone know if Target is going to be having a few available for in-store pickup tonight like they did for Xbox?

USPS is so much worse than fedex in my area it's not even funny. They constantly deliver things to the wrong house, wrong mail box, etc. And then you are stuck hoping one of your neighbors brings it to you which in my experience takes days or weeks if at all. But don't even get me started on DHL. For me it's:

UPS>FedEx>>>USPS>>>>>>>>>>>DHL
I live like 2 miles from my local post office so that could be why I get better service. Have had terrible luck with fedex.

Off topic but kind of relevant in a way. So I just had my FIOS internet updated to the 1 gigabyte speed and they replaced my router but I am still using the same three ethernet cables for my two systems and my smart TV which are probably nine plus years old. Now I am not 100% sure what type of cables they are but if I wanted to upgrade what kind should I get? The modem/router is right by the systems and TV so  I only like 4'-5' lengths if that matters at all.

Thanks

Off topic but kind of relevant in a way. So I just had my FIOS internet updated to the 1 gigabyte speed and they replaced my router but I am still using the same three ethernet cables for my two systems and my smart TV which are probably nine plus years old. Now I am not 100% sure what type of cables they are but if I wanted to upgrade what kind should I get? The modem/router is right by the systems and TV so I only like 4'-5' lengths if that matters at all.

Thanks
I don’t recall exactly, but as long as they are cat 5e or higher you should get those gig speeds.

Edit- yep. 5e. If a really long cable or if your doing a new install anyway, go with a 6 or higher. When we bought our house I wired a few rooms. Thankfully, it turned out I used 5e and now each floor of the house has a gig wired connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target order, Fedex updated delivery estimate.  It says Saturday.  Fedex usually delivers early in the day on Saturdays, so not ideal but still not terrible and definitely better than Target's estimate of the 18th.

In the last hour I got ship movement on both Gamestop bundle and Amazon orders. Both are in facilities near my house and scheduled to delivery tomorrow. EXCITE! 

I don’t recall exactly, but as long as they are cat 5e or higher you should get those gig speeds.

Edit- yep. 5e. If a really long cable or if your doing a new install anyway, go with a 6 or higher. When we bought our house I wired a few rooms. Thankfully, it turned out I used 5e and now each floor of the house has a gig wired connection.
Thanks

Uh-oh, my PS5 shipment went to another state in the opposite direction. I’m hoping it’s an elaborate logistical step in over to overnight it to me. That, or it was missed scanned.

Both Walmart orders are now showing in FedEx for delivery between 8:05 a.m. and 1:35 p.m. tomorrow. Still no charges or change on the site. No indication my game has shipped, either.

Just left my local store after paying off my console and my Miles Morales. Feels good, now I just need to grab a copy of Demon Souls somewhere, and then wait for all my points to pour in to use towards Mortal Kombat next week

Uh-oh, my PS5 shipment went to another state in the opposite direction. I’m hoping it’s an elaborate logistical step in over to overnight it to me. That, or it was missed scanned.

I have had this happen. It normally takes an extra day or 2 to get delivered.

Hopefully your order is ok.

Gamestop September bundles I could find searching google cache:

PS5, Demon Souls, Spiderman, extra controller, PS+ 769.99

PS5, Spiderman, Destruction All Stars (now free PS+ game), extra controller, charging stand, PS+, Headphones $879.99 

https://twitter.com/meijer/status/1326636345217884160

Meijer Stores will NOT have PS5 in the morning.

My Walmart preorder is still in the "Preparing order" status, as it has been since mid-September when I placed it. My credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I also haven't yet received a delay notification email, so I'll take it.

Do not be certain. My Spiderman Miles Ultimate was listed as shipping tomorrow, but I just got a ship notice with tomorrow delivery. However, Demon's Souls still says shipping tomorrow.
Shipping information was sent to FedEx this evening, but I'm not getting it until Friday. Not that big of a deal.

Bestbuy decided to separate my PS5 and games with my PS5 coming from Fedex and games on UPS, all ordered on day one of release lolol

On top of that, Fedex says shipping date is TUESDAY, November 17 on the tracking instead of tomorrow, but Bestbuy says itll be here tomorrow....sigh

Funny how my game order from months ago shows arrived January 6 but has shipped AT THE SAME TIME as the same game order I just placed with b2g1 this week. And they never bothered to adjust the new release date for the old order and email me lol. It seems like they don’t care about first come first serve

Target and amazon shipped. Best buy will have at least 1 as i canceled one from there. Best buy central time zone based so check at 1 eastern.

My Amazon order finally shipped and it went down pretty much exactly as I thought it would. PS5 is already in my city and will be here tomorrow.

Now that mine are both officially getting here tomorrow, I'm spending the rest of tonight and tomorrow trying to help a friend get one for him and his kids.

For the last few days my Target order said delivery on the 18th. I just got notified by FedEx that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Newegg is preorder only. 3-4 weeks shipping
Yikes. The product page for the bundle says it's non-returnable and non-refundable. I'm assuming that means no cancellations as well? Thinking about trying to secure a bundle from them in case I can't get one locally.

Hey for people that did the Best Buy appointment pick up, did you get a confirmation email or number. I did 6:00 am pick up for tomorrow but don't have any confirmation, should I just go?

Hey for people that did the Best Buy appointment pick up, did you get a confirmation email or number. I did 6:00 am pick up for tomorrow but don't have any confirmation, should I just go?
I made an appt for 830 am pickup on my Xbox Series X but never got the confo email. I went anyway, they couldnt find me, but it was so slow they let me in to pick it up anyway. Unfortunately I have a faulty one that blew some smoke last night and completely went haywire today with loud popping that I already sent back to MS... ugh.. The odds!!!!

I made an appt for 830 am pickup on my Xbox Series X but never got the confo email. I went anyway, they couldnt find me, but it was so slow they let me in to pick it up anyway. Unfortunately I have a faulty one that blew some smoke last night and completely went haywire today with loud popping that I already sent back to MS... ugh.. The odds!!!!
You weren't blowing vape smoke into it were you :)?

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1326662743827468288

[attachment=34904:received_303375207378515.jpeg]

I'm starting to think walmart doesn't have these consoles at their distribution center after they upgrade the order to release day

bread's done
Back