Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I entered that queue maybe 5 minutes after it started yesteday. OOS. (I come to find out at minute 6 of the drop). Lucky you. This is only like the 5th ps direct queue that I have been oos.

This is ANNOYING. That and the walmart drops.....

Why is it I can preorder games but now we have to adrenalin junkies to order a preorder. I would be happy just to put money down and wait for it to be fulfilled. Any one have thoughts as to why they are doing it this way??!

Frustrated...
Because they could make a billion copies of games by the time they can make like 100 consoles.

(those numbers are completely made up but the point still stands)

I will also say that Astro is an amazing game. I have spent many hours playing that and especially enjoyed the timed challenges. I’m ranked 14th as of this morning on the ice map. So much fun!!

Because they could make a billion copies of games by the time they can make like 100 consoles.

(those numbers are completely made up but the point still stands)
I was able to Pre-order my ps4 in June (before the november release) via Amazon. AHEAD of time. Fulfilled when they had stock!!

The Playstation Direct is accepting people into the queue again. The wait time it's showing me is long, and for all I know whatever stock they had is already gone, but it's worth a shot.

The Playstation Direct is accepting people into the queue again. The wait time it's showing me is long, and for all I know whatever stock they had is already gone, but it's worth a shot.
Thanks guys. Trying for another ps5. The coil whine on mine is driving my me nuts. The wait time says more than a hour. Prob not getting one. But worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else end up getting their Miles Morales order from walmart shipped? They sent me a $20 gift card and said that the order would be canceled, but I got a shipping notification last night. No complaints here!

I wasn't even trying very hard really. I had the page up in a browser tab and I have the Page Monitor Chrome plug in watching the page at default settings. I work from home at my own PC so I heard the chirp, tabbed over, saw that I was now in a queue for 1hr+. I saw the Wario64 tweet a little later. Putzed around a bit, saw the queue was at 38ish min, putzed around some more, saw the queue was at 3 min so I waited on the tab. It refreshed out of the queue and there it was. I had made a Direct account the other day but had no orders so I had to take a sec and enter my CC info since auto fill only did it partially. Checked out smooth, no lag at all.
Default settings has Check Interval at 180 minutes. You left it at that and it was all good? Thanks!

Anyone else end up getting their Miles Morales order from walmart shipped? They sent me a $20 gift card and said that the order would be canceled, but I got a shipping notification last night. No complaints here!
Still nothing shipped but I did get the $20 GC and I have one copy in a delayed status.

FYI new stock just dropped (disk version) at like 2:44 pm est.   I got in a minute later but the queue is already more than an hour.... on playstation direct

How are people getting into the queue's so quickly? I've been refreshing the page about every 5 minutes today and still wasn't able to get into it quick enough. It seems like just refreshing the chrome page doesn't work or something. 

Just got in after an hour in the queue, and everything's already gone. That does it for me. I wasn't trying all that hard, but it's still more effort than this is worth.

How are people getting into the queue's so quickly? I've been refreshing the page about every 5 minutes today and still wasn't able to get into it quick enough. It seems like just refreshing the chrome page doesn't work or something.
It says on the waiting page "Refreshing the page or having multiple queue tabs open will not affect your place in line. This page refreshes automatically."

It says on the waiting page "Refreshing the page or having multiple queue tabs open will not affect your place in line. This page refreshes automatically."
I'm talking about from the shop page, before they through you into the queue. I even refreshed it after the queue started at it kept me on that page, so I'm guessing I'll just have to keep opening a new page every couple of minutes tomorrow. This shit is just disheartening and probably more trouble than it's worth

What's the point of the queue if it's out of stock after you wait an hour plus?

My wife's target order was pretty battered when received, but everything inside is fine. Probably had something to do with Fedex loading it up for delivery, scheduling by the end of the day, and then bringing it back undelivered and changing it to the next day since Friday. Just got it this morning in this state:

https://i.imgur.com/gWTL0pS.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/227129112962007040/777995171030892544/PXL_20201116_203422515.jpg?width=1612&height=1209

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/227129112962007040/777995171618226252/PXL_20201116_203359215.jpg?width=1612&height=1209

I'm glad I ordered mine from PS direct. Came on launch day in pristine shape. 4 days later, my wife's finally gets here like this. It works, but c'mon Target.
Same here, my target order was beat up and left in the pouring b rain. Thanks for nothing , FEDEX!

I was lucky enough to preorder from Target. Mine arrived on 11/15 via fedex. On 11/16 I received a second one via fedex from Target. They both had the same tracking number. I contacted Target and they confirmed I ordered one and was charged for one. I offered to mail it back if they paid shipping and they declined.

I was lucky enough to preorder from Target. Mine arrived on 11/15 via fedex. On 11/16 I received a second one via fedex from Target. They both had the same tracking number. I contacted Target and they confirmed I ordered one and was charged for one. I offered to mail it back if they paid shipping and they declined.
CAN I BUY IT? LOL

Sounds like a free PS5 with a clear conscience to me!

Has Sony Direct released consoles at multiple times in a single day since the 13th? Or does it seem they're on a once-per-day cycle now?

Has Sony Direct released consoles at multiple times in a single day since the 13th? Or does it seem they're on a once-per-day cycle now?
Once per day... but not always. I don't think they dropped any yesterday. But I could be mistaken..... all the days are blurring into 1 at this point.

*edit

That being said. They dropped today at like 2:44pm est.

Previously it was 9am ish EST.

So it's not consistent time either.... fun @#$# times.

Hurricane Sally messed up my pre-order abliity back in September, the Walmart release day supply was infuriating hell X 4, I am always at work during the Sony Direct PS5 releases..... I might have to wait to get a PS5 till when they are actually in store and I stumble across one.

I got in that PlayStation queue line and finally made it to the end after an hour just for them to tell me it's sold out. Every attempt I've had at getting the PS5 including the first day pre-orders have not worked. I rather physically wait in a line for 3+ hours then buy online. 

I got in that PlayStation queue line and finally made it to the end after an hour just for them to tell me it's sold out. Every attempt I've had at getting the PS5 including the first day pre-orders have not worked. I rather physically wait in a line for 3+ hours then buy online.
100% -- my 'best' chance was at Target on the 13th, where I was second in line. Shame for me and anyone else there they'd already handed out vouchers to cover the 7 PS5s in stock, but at least there was some concrete reality to it all

Don't really want to camp outside GameStop on BF, but I will if it comes to that. No way I'm buying one of these from Offerup or eBay with a ridiculous markup

100% -- my 'best' chance was at Target on the 13th, where I was second in line. Shame for me and anyone else there they'd already handed out vouchers to cover the 7 PS5s in stock, but at least there was some concrete reality to it all

Don't really want to camp outside GameStop on BF, but I will if it comes to that. No way I'm buying one of these from Offerup or eBay with a ridiculous markup
Walmart bf is supposed to be online for in store pickup I heard... so should improve your chances.

Yup, should just close the queue once out of stock instead of having people wait for who-knows-how-long to find an empty store
Just from a programming and site management perspective, it makes sense to do it this way. Just because an item goes OOS doesn't mean people have the funds to buy it. Some sites will have an item show OOS if the item is currently in checkout though it isn't paid for yet. So there is a good chance that the item someone had will be released.

You would want the site to hold your spot even if OOS as by the time you get to the front of the line, the item may come back in stock.

But I get the frustration especially when you can't see that before you reach the front.

This is insane ... the scammers are worse than the scalpers by a mile ... Fake PS5 in this Instagram video - https://www.instagram.com/p/CHoq1OljNq6/?igshid=lu3tyac4kf2r
they both the scum of the earth. I might have done it in the past on wii....but I only asked for $40 & cost. This is ridiculous. I MISS the days of pre-order and WAIT for fulfillment. Lots of us have lives and this new adrenaline spiked rarity is causing everyone anxiety and stress. :bomb:

Was anyone able to order the series x and ps5 from target? I wonder if they limit one console per? Target just went up for shipping a few minutes ago. I’ve added it to my cart now the 5th time and it never lets me check out (tried to place order literally 15+ Times)

It’s funny last time I was playing a game and I randomly check target app and it was available for a minute but stupid thing said my credit card expiration date is incorrect like what? It’s been saved how can it be changed all of a sudden. Today I saw an alert and I missed it by one minute lol

Was anyone able to order the series x and ps5 from target? I wonder if they limit one console per? Target just went up for shipping a few minutes ago. I’ve added it to my cart now the 5th time and it never lets me check out (tried to place order literally 15+ Times)
I ordered an Xbox Series S with success on release day and did store pick up. I didn't attempt to buy more than one in that transaction, but don't remember seeing option to buy more than one.

Anyone know if Wal-Mart will have PS5 or Xbox Series X consoles in store on Black Friday?  The ad says online only, but everything that said online only last week was in stores.  Brickseek is showing consoles in stock, but I assumed those were for online pick order for this upcoming week, and not actual in-store purchase. 

I preorderer for shipping a couple months ago when the ps5 went live and was still able to get another order for in store pickup on launch day. Unlike most here, my console that shipped from FedEx arrived in perfect condition on Saturday. Both were also purchased with the same red card so I think its just a matter of getting lucky and not a restriction. I had to repeatedly try the order button on launch day but eventually it went through.

I got a PS5 from Walmart on 11/12 at 9pm online and it said that it would arrive by 11/27.

Well I just now randomly looked at my order in my account page walmart.com and it had a fedex tracking number.

Looks like the label was created yesterday and it has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow.

I won't know for sure when it arrives until after Fedex picks it up, but it looks like it's coming a bit earlier than expected.

I got a PS5 from Walmart on 11/12 at 9pm online and it said that it would arrive by 11/27.

Well I just now randomly looked at my order in my account page walmart.com and it had a fedex tracking number.

Looks like the label was created yesterday and it has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow.

I won't know for sure when it arrives until after Fedex picks it up, but it looks like it's coming a bit earlier than expected.
Sounds like an early Xmas for you!

bread's done
Back