Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Snagged an order from the PS Direct drop on the 13th and pretty confident my FedEx driver fucking stole it yesterday.

Have doorbell video of his truck parking in my street a 2:29 PM, he gets out of the truck, delivers a package to a house across the street, gets back in his truck, and drives away. Package is marked delivered and signed for 2:32 PM. I saw this happen so my thought is "shit he delivered it to the wrong house" and sprint over there to talk to my neighbor. The package is very clearly addressed to him. FedEx hasn't done jack shit so far but tell me "we've opened a trace," which I assume means absolutely nothing. 

Snagged an order from the PS Direct drop on the 13th and pretty confident my FedEx driver fucking stole it yesterday.

Have doorbell video of his truck parking in my street a 2:29 PM, he gets out of the truck, delivers a package to a house across the street, gets back in his truck, and drives away. Package is marked delivered and signed for 2:32 PM. I saw this happen so my thought is "shit he delivered it to the wrong house" and sprint over there to talk to my neighbor. The package is very clearly addressed to him. FedEx hasn't done jack shit so far but tell me "we've opened a trace," which I assume means absolutely nothing.
Keep that video saved, I’m curious what will happen. You should at least get your money back I’m sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep that video saved, I’m curious what will happen. You should at least get your money back I’m sure
Oh its clipped and saved. I'm confident I can get my money back but then I'm just out....hours of my time and still won't have a PS5. And I have to hope, if I do manage to order another one, that the driver doesn't just fucking steal it again.

Anyone know if Wal-Mart will have PS5 or Xbox Series X consoles in store on Black Friday? The ad says online only, but everything that said online only last week was in stores. Brickseek is showing consoles in stock, but I assumed those were for online pick order for this upcoming week, and not actual in-store purchase.
My local walmarts is getting a shipment today but wont sell them until the Black Friday event and than they are getting a shipment before actual Black Friday for Online on Black Friday but they are unsure if they will be for instore also

I’m ready for another massive letdown!!
I tried at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm, and the 9pm one I finally got one. It said it would come by 11/27 but today I got notification that the label has been created so it will either come tomorrow or Friday, depending when they pick it up.

I am goign to try to get my XSX though and I think the PS5 is more in demand, so maybe that will help me with securing an XSX.

No matter though their site will be hammered.

My Best buy order was supposed to be available for in store pick up yesterday. Morning came with no update so I went into the store. I was told by the Rep (after looking on the computer) that the Playstation 5 shipment was signed for by receiving in the back from UPS (at 10:14 AM.) The shipment needed to be sorted, scanned and then it will be allowed to pick up by me. It will be ready in a few hours or the end of the day at worst.

Fast forward to today. I get a message on my account that says they are "working on it, and if they can't get it to my store in a week they are going to cancel my order."

What the hell do I do? Should I go back into the store today and ask them why they can't just get it from the back and give it to me? I have dreadful feelings I am going to lose out here.
I'm in the EXACT same boat as you regarding Best Buy! I'm hoping we hear something very soon this week, I just can't lose this one...

I tried at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm, and the 9pm one I finally got one. It said it would come by 11/27 but today I got notification that the label has been created so it will either come tomorrow or Friday, depending when they pick it up.

I am goign to try to get my XSX though and I think the PS5 is more in demand, so maybe that will help me with securing an XSX.

I’ve tried every time. PlayStation direct site too

That's just nuts. They were previously unable to prevent their site from going down when it was only 2 consoles (PS5 and PS5 digital). With XBOX in the mix, seems like a recipe for disaster..

That's just nuts. They were previously unable to prevent their site from going down when it was only 2 consoles (PS5 and PS5 digital). With XBOX in the mix, seems like a recipe for disaster..
You mean more for the bots. Wish they'd do something different than the Black Friday free-for-all mentality.

Be sure to follow Wario64 on twitter. He gave an alert when amazon had some yesterday as well as when charging stations were available on amazon and best buy.
Those charging stands are harder to get than the PS5 was lol. Target still has me approving the delayed order getting even closer to a month since it released. I did get mine from Best Buy but will be returned once the Target order comes in since it was a better discount from the electronics coupon.

Don't worry all the ps5 on sale at 3 we can buy an hour later on Ebay for $1500+...stupid 2020!!
Supply and demand. If Sony had delayed into Q1 next year and had more units available, this wouldn't have happened. People paying those prices are also supporting flipping, so prices don't come down.

Woah! Is it true that tom's Walmart sale would be RESTRICTED to in-store pick up only!? Wouldn't that be the most amazing anti scalper hurdle?

Thanks guys. Trying for another ps5. The coil whine on mine is driving my me nuts. The wait time says more than a hour. Prob not getting one. But worth a shot.
Why not contact sony directly? you might get around the stiff competition. Before I have seen them ship me a replacement and ask me to send the other back if memory serves.

costco bundle was up for less then a minute about 5 minutes ago. sold out on me at checkout

Lucky you I tried all 4 and got to delivery address prompt twice(during 2 different drops). And oos... They need a @#$# better checkout cart. One click & done! I had everything CC wise pre-saved.

I got in the queue 1 minute before they updated the motd (for the 6:05 drop on psn direct) and oos. And 20 minutes before the trackers noticed it. sigh

Really would've been nice if Best Buy offers early access of PS5 orders for GCU, which I don't have, or Elite (which I lost my status for) and My Best Buy members.

I'm kicking myself for not preordering the PS5 when I had the chance during the PS Direct lottery a few months ago...  There weren't many launch titles so I changed my mind on the submit order page at the last second thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to get if I decide to buy it later. But I should've known that there would be so much demand that websites will crash every time there's a restock. Now that I think of it, I still should have preordered it so that I can play my PS4 games at higher FPS/resolution until more new games come out. Now every time I play on the PS4 I feel like I'm playing an inferior version of games compared to if I played using PS5 backwards compatibility.

Just hoping my XSX arrives soon so I can try out some Xbox exclusive games like Halo and Forza which I hadn't played much of before.

I got the XSX at Walmart for instore on release day, at like noon, no issues, no crashes. Picked it up 2 hrs later, honestly I've been play Valhalla on XSX more than my ps5 at all. But the kids are all over the ps5

I'm kicking myself for not preordering the PS5 when I had the chance during the PS Direct lottery a few months ago... There weren't many launch titles so I changed my mind on the submit order page at the last second thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to get if I decide to buy it later. But I should've known that there would be so much demand that websites will crash every time there's a restock. Now that I think of it, I still should have preordered it so that I can play my PS4 games at higher FPS/resolution until more new games come out. Now every time I play on the PS4 I feel like I'm playing an inferior version of games compared to if I played using PS5 backwards compatibility.

Just hoping my XSX arrives soon so I can try out some Xbox exclusive games like Halo and Forza which I hadn't played much of before.
Just follow this thread. You will probalby score an order soon enough.

Those charging stands are harder to get than the PS5 was lol. Target still has me approving the delayed order getting even closer to a month since it released. I did get mine from Best Buy but will be returned once the Target order comes in since it was a better discount from the electronics coupon.
I've been checking all the usual sites ....after target canceled my order because it was being delayed(and it went to non priority)...but yet the cancel notice went to my main inbox <sigh>. I randomly finally got one from best buy last night as some misc time....

So now I have godfall, 2nd ps5 controller, media controller, psvr adapter for ps5,...the dual charger comes in saturday for pickup.... and no console. ffs. argh!

Why not contact sony directly? you might get around the stiff competition. Before I have seen them ship me a replacement and ask me to send the other back if memory serves.
Their is a 5 week wait. I may do that my console is getting louder...may just wait.

Their is a 5 week wait. I may do that my console is getting louder...may just wait.
dumb question have you tried cleaning the like 3 places I saw they exposed during the unveiling? I recall there were 2 holes that were designed to collect dust.... Just saying.... maybe try the obvious otherwise .... (assuming that's been already done)... I wish you the best of luck.... I just want 1. ;)

So close they had one at best buy in excellent condition but sadly my son was on my computer and erased the history so my password wasn't saved missed it by seconds I bet... 

dumb question have you tried cleaning the like 3 places I saw they exposed during the unveiling? I recall there were 2 holes that were designed to collect dust.... Just saying.... maybe try the obvious otherwise .... (assuming that's been already done)... I wish you the best of luck.... I just want 1. ;)
It’s a hum coming from the gpu or power supply. It’s not related to the fan.

My Walmart preorder from September arrived via FedEx earlier today (Wednesday). No padding in the shipping box, but the packaging looked unimpacted and perfectly fine.

I'd have liked for it not to have taken 6 days to arrive, but it's here now and everything works—for now.

If anyone’s that concerned about packages being stolen, get a camera. We have 2 cheap blink cameras outside and they’re great.
Not talking porch pirates, were talking packages not being delivered but marked as delivered. Or like Shipwreck's package yesterday, on truck for delivery, then undeliverable because its missing or stolen. These things aren't even making to the porches in the first place!

Not talking porch pirates, were talking packages not being delivered1q
More reason to have one!

I once had a “package undeliverable” message. Called amazon and blasted the delivery guy. Had them call the delivery company and demand answers. The guy was less than a block away and decided to call it a day and turn around and go home.

One other time I had the trick where the delivery guy gets close enough to your house that the gps system shows delivery attempted. He was 3 houses down and didn’t feel like doing his job anymore. Called them that time too and called him out on it.

Damn part timers. And don’t get me started with Lasership. Awful company. Thankfully no one uses them here anymore.

Damn part timers. And don’t get me started with Lasership. Awful company. Thankfully no one uses them here anymore.
Unfortunately they operate heavily in NYC. They lie on their machines so often. Package says it's been delivered 3 hours before it actually is.

Makes me look like a fool asking a neighbor if they've seen it.

bread's done
Back