Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I'm in that boat and feel there is a 0% chance it will be shipped.

I mean I ordered one at 1:39 ET and my wife at 1:40 ET and they went live at 1am ET.
My 1:17 was canceled hours ago. My wife’s 1:20 has not yet been canceled. Who knows.

I honestly don’t care if I get it now or in a month, I just want to get it over with. And buy some digital games that are on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did two orders with Kohl's.  Oddly, the first one got cancelled, while the second one is still alive so far (though I anticipate it will be cancelled too eventually).  I still got e-mailed Kohl's cash for both orders though.

Order 1 (done on website) - Order Number: 610561XXXX Order Date: Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 12:21 AM (CST) - cancellation e-mail at 10:48 AM (CST)

Order 2 (done on mobile app) - Order Number: 610587XXXX Order Date: Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 00:32 AM (CST) - still alive so far

Mildly interesting to note that Kohl's logged the first order as 12:31am and the second order as 00:32am.  12 then 00.  Weird.  Even though they mean the same thing, it makes me wonder if their order cancellation algorithm is dumb and thinks "00 < 12, therefore my second order was nearly 12 hours earlier".  But who knows (shrug).

UPDATE:  Second order got cancelled too.  Got cancellation e-mail on 11/22 11:42 PM (CST).

I just got my PS5 from my Walmart order on Wednesday. Weird thing is, I didnt get a shipping notification, and my order still says "preparing order" for a December 3rd delivery. 

I'm in that boat and feel there is a 0% chance it will be shipped.

I mean I ordered one at 1:39 ET and my wife at 1:40 ET and they went live at 1am ET.
I actually placed two orders exactly as they went live with the Kohl’s app. Of course the transitions went too smoothly to be true but this hope is all I have at this point since I can’t manage to check out at any other site. Second order is for a friend, no plans to resell the other system. At this point if I get my one order through I will be satisfied and he can fend for himself on Black Friday. LOL

3:41pm pst here

Order 61059xxxxx placed at 12:33am CST

Still shows in fulfillment at this time period

Got my Kohl’s Cash as well.

I called today at 3am PST after Best Buy’s drop and the CS rep said it was being fulfilled still but it was confirmed.

Anybody else get the same results?

3:41pm pst here

Order 61059xxxxx placed at 12:33am CST

Still shows in fulfillment at this time period

Got my Kohl’s Cash as well.

I called today at 3am PST after Best Buy’s drop and the CS rep said it was being fulfilled still but it was confirmed.

Anybody else get the same results?
Anyone call and ask WHY some orders got canceled and others didn’t?

It’s just weird. I literally bought mine at like 1:01 am right after it went live. You would think that would have made it in without a cancellation.

For the peoples order that got canceled which bundle did you buy? The one with the charging station or the one with Spiderman
Spider-Man was the only bundle I was able to see on their site (both on desktop and mobile app).

Edit: Just got another cancellation email. That is now 3 of the 4 I ordered. 2 of the cancellation emails said I can keep the Kohl's cash, the other didn't even mention it. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the last one gets cancelled.

Spider-Man was the only bundle I was able to see on their site (both on desktop and mobile app).

Edit: Just got another cancellation email. That is now 3 of the 4 I ordered. 2 of the cancellation emails said I can keep the Kohl's cash, the other didn't even mention it. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the last one gets cancelled.
What time was your orders in?

There's only a 720p HDTV coming up in search on the Kohl's website right now so don't expect to use that Kohls Cash to get a discounted 4k TV

Update: 2 of 4 cancelled. Second cancellation email says that I get to keep the Kohls Cash. Expecting the last one to come soon, but hopefully the first one sticks. I have a few friends that will be disappointed, but I'll keep looking out for them.

Update: 2 of 4 cancelled. Second cancellation email says that I get to keep the Kohls Cash. Expecting the last one to come soon, but hopefully the first one sticks. I have a few friends that will be disappointed, but I'll keep looking out for them.
ill shed a tear for your friends ebay and facebook marketplace

ill shed a tear for your friends ebay and facebook marketplace
Think what you will. I'm legitimately helping friends get them and not charging anything extra, even when they offer. Hell, I'm even letting my friend that got one of the two launch day units I got pay me in installments.

Think what you will. I'm legitimately helping friends get them and not charging anything extra, even when they offer.
just a joke, i couldn't care less how many you buy. i just find it weird that people feel they have to justify their purchases to strangers on the internet, that's all.

hell, free kohls cash in the end, maybe people should have ordered more

just a joke, i couldn't care less how many you buy. i just find it weird that people feel they have to justify their purchases to strangers on the internet, that's all.

hell, free kohls cash in the end, maybe people should have ordered more
Definitely a bonus. At this rate, I'll have $720 in Kohls Cash.

My kohls order is still in fulfillment. I've been a kohls card holder for 10 years and only placed one order. Hopefully they give preference to long time customers that didn't try to order more than one. I've got confirmation email, received the rewards credit and the kohls cash already so there's still hope. I thought for sure it'd get cancelled today but it hasn't as of yet.

My kohls order is still in fulfillment. I've been a kohls card holder for 10 years and only placed one order. Hopefully they give preference to long time customers that didn't try to order more than one. I've got confirmation email, received the rewards credit and the kohls cash already so there's still hope. I thought for sure it'd get cancelled today but it hasn't as of yet.
This was my first order also. I’ve been looking around what’s everybody’s first six digits of your order numbers? Mine was 610510

This was my first order also. I’ve been looking around what’s everybody’s first six digits of your order numbers? Mine was 610510

Really hoping they get some XSX systems too I haven't used my kohls card much this year and I've got a few thou on that bitch. I never would have imagined them getting either system at all, let alone so close to launch.

The fact that cancellations appear to be at best, completely random, sounds like the criteria is exactly that: a lottery. That and anyone who ordered more than one is having the duplicate orders all canceled. I don't see why they would systematically cancel orders one by one if they didn't have at least some stock of this nor why they would have even listed the bundles to begin with. They oversold which is obvious, but sounds like the only fair way they did cancellations was by lottery. Tomorrow will be very telling if any of our orders still stand, as I'd expect them to begin shipping by then.

f2fd641dc64acb52d93f2c8c9f954d4d.gif

Every order of mine has now been cancelled. Fourth email says to keep the Kohls Cash. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully, this is only an issue for those that ordered several and some of you single purchasers get yours.

Every order of mine has now been cancelled. Fourth email says to keep the Kohls Cash. ‍♂

Hopefully, this is only an issue for those that ordered several and some of you single purchasers get yours.
This is exactly why everyone needs to place orders until one gets shipped and actually arrives .. won't surprise me when someone winds up with an unintentional stash

With it looking like I'll get between $720 and $948 in Kohls cash / rewards by spending nothing, this is by far the deal of the year!  IMO, it's still a contender for those that actually get it fulfilled.

bread's done
Back