Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

cons of PS5:   The new system menu UI interface is not fun; designed too much for advertising and not for users get around the menu.   I much prefer PS4 menu system.     everytime i boot the machine up, the menu annoys me.   

sony fails to approve the NVME SSDs that we could upgrade with ourselves at launch; making us wait till probably Spring? 

(NVME for both consoles is overhyped; a regular sata SSD at 2TB would have been just as good and we would all have more space to store games and that money saved could have gone to more CPU&GPU power instead)

the haptic feedback controllers are cool, but i dont' like the extra size & heft of holding the controller.  

lacking Ratchet and HorizonZeroDawn2 at launch is tough.    SpidermanMM is great to have.

sony backwards compatibility fail: only offers PS4 and PS4Pro.     If we are celebrating playstation, they should have included PS1,2,3 backwards compatibility to compete better with Xbox

lack of DolbyAtmos & DTS:X for game audio support.

Someone on youtube said this good quote:  both PS5 and XSX could have waited to launch in Spring; more consoles ready to be sold/manufactured, and more games available potentially to play. 

cons of PS5: The new system menu UI interface is not fun; designed too much for advertising and not for users get around the menu. I much prefer PS4 menu system. everytime i boot the machine up, the menu annoys me.

sony fails to approve the NVME SSDs that we could upgrade with ourselves at launch; making us wait till probably Spring?

(NVME for both consoles is overhyped; a regular sata SSD at 2TB would have been just as good and we would all have more space to store games and that money saved could have gone to more CPU&GPU power instead)

the haptic feedback controllers are cool, but i dont' like the extra size & heft of holding the controller.

lacking Ratchet and HorizonZeroDawn2 at launch is tough. SpidermanMM is great to have.

sony backwards compatibility fail: only offers PS4 and PS4Pro. If we are celebrating playstation, they should have included PS1,2,3 backwards compatibility to compete better with Xbox

lack of DolbyAtmos & DTS:X for game audio support.

Someone on youtube said this good quote: both PS5 and XSX could have waited to launch in Spring; more consoles ready to be sold/manufactured, and more games available potentially to play.
tenor.gif

sony backwards compatibility fail: only offers PS4 and PS4Pro. If we are celebrating playstation, they should have included PS1,2,3 backwards compatibility to compete better with Xbox
While backwards compatibility is a "nice to have", I have never seen it as an absolute need. If you want to still play old games, use your old hardware. Even Xbox BC is limited and they've stopped adding compatible games. I sold my PS4 Pro since I can still play those games on PS5 and have a fat PS3 for the rest of Sony's catalog.

lack of DolbyAtmos & DTS:X for game audio
I do not agree with all of your complaints, but the lack of in game atmos and dtsx is a little redic especially since the ps5 has a great 3D audio engine. I know these formats are supported during Blu-ray playback, but they really should be enabled for game play. I don’t even think the ps5 supports lossless audio I.e master level.

Happy to hear that people scored Kohl’s credit but want to add this. I earned $75 from a trampoline purchase and struggled for days to find something to buy before it expired. I remember thinking that I wish I didn’t earn the credit because of how much time I spent searching:)
Next time buy something stupid, doesn't matter what and then return it. They issue store credit back which has no expiration date. I plan to do exactly that in 5 days.

Also, my order is still alive in processing. Not sure what to make of that since it's in limbo. If we all do get cancellations, then I would fully expect our orders to all be honored on BF when they try to resell them. My guess is these just went live too early and were meant for the day of. Otherwise why did they even have a listing in the first place? Just to troll?

Happy to hear that people scored Kohl’s credit but want to add this. I earned $75 from a trampoline purchase and struggled for days to find something to buy before it expired. I remember thinking that I wish I didn’t earn the credit because of how much time I spent searching:)
Afaik, there is no exclusions on Kohl's Cash. You should be able to use that cash on anything other than gift cards.

"Spend it on anything—there are no brand exclusions!"

https://www.kohls.com/feature/kohls-cash.jsp

While backwards compatibility is a "nice to have", I have never seen it as an absolute need. If you want to still play old games, use your old hardware. Even Xbox BC is limited and they've stopped adding compatible games. I sold my PS4 Pro since I can still play those games on PS5 and have a fat PS3 for the rest of Sony's catalog.
So about that BC. . .yeah, MS has a dev mode license for $20 on the Series S/X that allows things like retroarch to be loaded. People are playing PlayStation and will be playing (soon once the module is released) PlayStation 2 games at 60FPS on an Xbox where PS5 wouldn't.

I mean, when your competition/pirates are doing a better job for you. . .just sad. Jim Ryan is a fucking tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
cons of PS5: The new system menu UI interface is not fun; designed too much for advertising and not for users get around the menu. I much prefer PS4 menu system. everytime i boot the machine up, the menu annoys me.
The main front end is OK, but the OS itself needs work. Especially on the file management side. The only way to copy games is via system transfer, which was almost useless, even after a week of troubleshooting!

Agree 100% on this. especially since you cannot transfer straight to USB from the PS4, and properly ejecting the USB drive from my PS4 to PS5 did not work. Figured I'd transfer in chunks to copy over to USB and issues continued. IF I just copied to USB after it was done, nothing worked. If I opened digital downloads from the internal storage and then moved it to USB then it was fine. Not a single disc based game worked after transfer. If I wanted it, I had to reinstall. To add on to of that, having to redownload Disc based updated were weird.... Some maxed out my meager connection speed, others took forever.

Kind of disagree there. It would be 100% fine for PS4 games, but for PS5 it would have reintroduced loading since sata's bandwidth is nowhere near as fast as NVME. Now an option to internally place a 2.5" ssd for PS4 games would have been a nice bonus.

As someone who hated EVERY iteration of the Playstation controller since the PS1 release, I actually like the DualSense controller

lacking Ratchet and HorizonZeroDawn2 at launch is tough. SpidermanMM is great to have.
Seems both consoles had a mediocre launch lineup (no new fighters?? Many, not all, of the big games were updated versions or remakes while the rest were crossgen titles. For me, the 1st games on both consoles were both BC games that now run smoother)

The PS1 ican be emulated on almost everything now. PS2 emulation is pretty good on PC, so the PS5 running on an x86/x64 based cpu, could make it possible. PS3... well, that architecture makes it a bit tough, but who knows. Sony could have easily done the PS1 at least.

lack of Dolby Atmos & DTS:X for game audio support.
Even with the additional licensing for either format, that would have been nice. I'd pay a few bucks to be able to use either format

Someone on youtube said this good quote: both PS5 and XSX could have waited to launch in Spring; more consoles ready to be sold/manufactured, and more games available potentially to play.
I recall ReviewTechUSA saying that... for the XBOX, that would have meant more games. For the PS5, maybe the missing/broken features could have been ironed out, Like NVME support and the lackluster transfer "feature". But both Sony and MS have focused in on November time frame for a few launches now, and with the holiday rush, they sell consoles easily. Granted, I'm happy I managed to get both for launch. The xbox just worked for me. The PS5 caused me too much headache trying to move my data, and being in IT, I rather my stuff just work out of the box and not have to troubleshoot why a game won't copy or play after copying over.

The main front end is OK, but the OS itself needs work. Especially on the file management side. The only way to copy games is via system transfer, which was almost useless, even after a week of troubleshooting!
Agree 100% on this. especially since you cannot transfer straight to USB from the PS4, and properly ejecting the USB drive from my PS4 to PS5 did not work. Figured I'd transfer in chunks to copy over to USB and issues continued. IF I just copied to USB after it was done, nothing worked. If I opened digital downloads from the internal storage and then moved it to USB then it was fine. Not a single disc based game worked after transfer. If I wanted it, I had to reinstall. To add on to of that, having to redownload Disc based updated were weird.... Some maxed out my meager connection speed, others took forever.
Kind of disagree there. It would be 100% fine for PS4 games, but for PS5 it would have reintroduced loading since sata's bandwidth is nowhere near as fast as NVME. Now an option to internally place a 2.5" ssd for PS4 games would have been a nice bonus.
As someone who hated EVERY iteration of the Playstation controller since the PS1 release, I actually like the DualSense controller
Seems both consoles had a mediocre launch lineup (no new fighters?? Many, not all, of the big games were updated versions or remakes while the rest were crossgen titles. For me, the 1st games on both consoles were both BC games that now run smoother)
The PS1 ican be emulated on almost everything now. PS2 emulation is pretty good on PC, so the PS5 running on an x86/x64 based cpu, could make it possible. PS3... well, that architecture makes it a bit tough, but who knows. Sony could have easily done the PS1 at least.
Even with the additional licensing for either format, that would have been nice. I'd pay a few bucks to be able to use either format
I recall ReviewTechUSA saying that... for the XBOX, that would have meant more games. For the PS5, maybe the missing/broken features could have been ironed out, Like NVME support and the lackluster transfer "feature". But both Sony and MS have focused in on November time frame for a few launches now, and with the holiday rush, they sell consoles easily. Granted, I'm happy I managed to get both for launch. The xbox just worked for me. The PS5 caused me too much headache trying to move my data, and being in IT, I rather my stuff just work out of the box and not have to troubleshoot why a game won't copy or play after copying over.
Reviewtech U.S.A. is a booger. Don’t listen to that guy. He just makes videos to comment on real journalists’ work. His opinion is meaning less. Also their are videos about him being a con artist and an ebegger. Screw that guy. Granted this is my opinion.

Bestbuy has added a “shop open box" button to the PS5 (with disc drive) product page. No shipping, pick up only. None in my area, but presumably it is available for pick up somewhere.

Bestbuy has added a “shop open box" button to the PS5 (with disc drive) product page. No shipping, pick up only. None in my area, but presumably it is available for pick up somewhere.
They've been teasing me with this open box button the past few days. It comes and goes but never works. It would allow me to get it to the cart only to say it's unavailable when I try to check out.

They've been teasing me with this open box button the past few days. It comes and goes but never works. It would allow me to get it to the cart only to say it's unavailable when I try to check out.
Mine pops up every few days. Charging $480 bucks for it. Unless desperate I would wait for a sealed one. Theirs always a reason something gets returned.

Gamestop Bundles weren't  even appearing as in stock for me :(
I just hope some major stock will be coming at least in the next couple months.

Maybe Gamestop won't make it far into 2021 afterall.  They don't have systems to sell and the store I swung by today didn't have any new games or collectables either. 

It's funny. They did this whole store re-design at all of my metro locations for the new consoles, took half of their game shelving down, and now there is nothing to sell.  Just OOS paper signs hanging in the windows and exasperated employees. 

I wonder how business is going?  4 out of my last 5 visits the store was completely empty. 

Maybe Gamestop won't make it far into 2021 afterall. They don't have systems to sell and the store I swung by today didn't have any new games or collectables either.

It's funny. They did this whole store re-design at all of my metro locations for the new consoles, took half of their game shelving down, and now there is nothing to sell. Just OOS paper signs hanging in the windows and exasperated employees.

I wonder how business is going? 4 out of my last 5 visits the store was completely empty.
I am not defending Gamestop, but they should be fine for a while. They have strong cashflow balance sheet and they just announced a multi year partnership with Microsoft last month. They will be upgrading their store and website. I am pretty sure some store will still be closing though.

The NBA bundle doesn't add up.  With standard edition copies of the game the pricing is: $70 NBA 2K21, $50 Spiderman, $30 remote, $60 PS+, $70 controller, plus $500 system should equal $780 but the bundle is priced at $805 so they're grossing it up by $25. 

What makes it more interesting is that the default picture includes the Mamba Edition which is $100. So maybe the intention was to include that but the detail breakdown shows the standard NBA 2K21 edition. 

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/consoles/products/playstation-5-games-and-accessories-system-bundle/B225169K.html

wtf  :dunce:

wow, that was the longest ive seen ps5 consoles actually in stock. i dont know if i could have actually bought it, i didnt go that far, but i got all the way to place order, just couldnt do it with the bundle prices.

wow, that was the longest ive seen ps5 consoles actually in stock. i dont know if i could have actually bought it, i didnt go that far, but i got all the way to place order, just couldnt do it with the bundle prices.
Yes. But when u click 'complete the order', if the stock is 0, it would tell u it is out of stock.

It’s because it’s bundles and scalpers don’t want them as they lose on selling the games and accessories. That’s my best guess. These were actually pretty ok bundles....2 controllers were kind of a weird sell though. One extra controller and and extra game would have been boss.

I think the kohl’s restock was a big deal due to the kohl’s cash and it was the first major restock in a while.

bread's done
Back