Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I don’t think the time is a good indicator to where you are. Progress bar maybe. Wish they would push a message saying out of stock when it happens.
I agree, they really should shut down the queue when it's out of stock. They rushed these consoles out of their factories with not enough time to test them or manufacture enough units, and apparently they didn't even have enough time to set up their website so that it's not too frustrating trying to order one.

We’re trying to get you in
We’re experiencing very high traffic. You will be let into our store shortly.

•  

It is your turn!
Thank you for waiting. You are now being redirected to direct.playstation.com.

Message last updated: 3:44 PM

PS5 Consoles are limited and not guaranteed even if you are in the queue.

WHEN YOU REACH THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE:
  • You will hear a chime. Make sure to unmute your device.
  • You will be automatically redirected to direct.playstation.com.
  • If you are on a different tab, a pop-up will prompt you click to enter the site. You will have 10 minutes to proceed.
  • Once you click enter site, you will be redirected to the page you originally navigated to, from there you can begin your shopping journey.
IMPORTANT INFO:
  • Certain products may require you to create and/or use a PSN account to purchase. Don’t have one? Register here.
  • Refreshing the page or having multiple queue tabs open will not affect your place in line. This page refreshes automatically.
soooo dumb.. I'm next in line but the site doesn't load...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is refreshing helping? You shouldn’t lose your line.
Refreshing gives me the chime again. I get the tab that lets you click Yes Please. But nothing happens. At least i havent been bumped back to que yet. It says my turn started at 4:01

They updated the time stamp again so seems like there's still some hope. If you make it through the queue, just keep refreshing until you see it say Add to cart... who knows when that will be though.

Message last updated: 4:23 PM

PS5 Consoles are limited and not guaranteed even if you are in the queue.

Figured I'd play along with you guys since I never tried the PS Direct website. Gotta say, I had a much easier time anywhere but this trash. Feel for anyone waiting indefinitely on a broken ass website that would keep someone suspended for hours when something may or may not even be in-stock.

Just awful, Sony.

Figured I'd play along with you guys since I never tried the PS Direct website. Gotta say, I had a much easier time anywhere but this trash. Feel for anyone waiting indefinitely on a broken ass website that would keep someone suspended for hours when something may or may not even be in-stock.

Just awful, Sony.
Yeah really. Agree...as someone who has bought 3 ps5s I must agree. At least Best Buy’s site eventually works.

lol was in the store and refreshed and now in hour+ queue again. f this
Just had the same problem. Been trying on my phone and laptop. Phone got in and was refreshing for like ten minutes then boom, back of the queue. On my laptop it's been "my turn" since 4:11 and the site still won't let me in.

Getting really close to giving up and harboring a long lasting bitterness towards the Sony Direct website.

There will be no chance of getting a ps5 at walmart. The switch bundle has been going in stock every 15 mins sense 7pm est. And as soon as you refresh the page its sold out.

Unless maybe its in store puck up.

Just bought one. I went to the store and came home. The website had the page up to order after getting through the queue. I was shocked I got all the way through checkout, and I was going to be Jebaited at the very end!

This has to be the dumbest system ever, they start a queue and let people in the store when its OOS and then send them to the back of the line. Makes no sense.
Agree 100% let the compulsive refresh of Walmart begin. It’s all local stock so we should have a pretty good chance. Bots shouldn’t be as bad of an issue. I got a series x on launch day on Walmart. Was in stock for a good 2-5 mins. Plenty of time to check out.

What are the chances of Best Buy screwing me over and canceling my order?

I was able to get one on Sunday morning.

But another local Best Buy is already giving out there’s tonight. While mine has stayed on Preparing for pick up on Friday sense Sunday.

Think it’s going to be canceled?

But another local Best Buy is already giving out there’s tonight. While mine has stayed on Preparing for pick up on Friday sense Sunday.

Very low as they paired you up with local store inventory. Took a few mins to do the pairing. I’m concerned I might get canceled because I already bought a ps5 at bb. Also picked up a series x on Sunday for me.

you are good. Good luck to everyone at walmart tonight. Feels like stock is opening up. Hope every scalper gets hung with em.

Finally got a PS5 on Walmart! Was able to select the closest location to my house. Can't believe I wasted all that time on PS Direct...

Holy sheet, Actually got to check out at Walmart. Instead of sitting on the ps5 page I sat in my cart and moved the ps5 from the ‘saved for later’ list.

Finally got a PS5 on Walmart! Was able to select the closest location to my house. Can't believe I wasted all that time on PS Direct...
Congratulations. I wish I got one too but I didn't. OOS even before 1 minute. Kept spamming "Try again" to no avail.

I was on using the app on my phone and a computer. I saw it in stock and totally unable to even add to cart the second it went live. I am done with all of this.

bread's done
Back