Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Having it in my saved for later list did the trick. Have to go pick it up at the store, but no biggie. I was refreshing both my saved for later tab and the actual product page. Kept getting the Oh Deer crap on the product page, but the saved for later page gave me no issues at all. Was super smooth and fast. Nice to not have to deal with the foolishness of Sony Direct's system only to be disappointed any more, or getting savaged by bots at the big online retailers.

Having it in my saved for later list did the trick. Have to go pick it up at the store, but no biggie. I was refreshing both my saved for later tab and the actual product page. Kept getting the Oh Deer crap on the product page, but the saved for later page gave me no issues at all. Was super smooth and fast. Nice to not have to deal with the foolishness of Sony Direct's system only to be disappointed any more, or getting savaged by bots at the big online retailers.
I had some in my saved for later but for some reason they were all gone. I was going to try that.

These retailers are going to need to stop announcing times.  They have no chance against these bots.  The shame is, a simple capture would solve this.

Used to have one in my saved for later as well but now it's gone. That got me wondering if setting up a baby or wedding registry might make it easier to add to cart the next time it goes live. 

I had some in my saved for later but for some reason they were all gone. I was going to try that.
I had a quantity of 2 saved for later for some reason. I put them in last week, and tonight was the first time I signed into Walmart since then. Glad that the order defaulted to 1 when I added to cart, since the extra time it would have taken to change quantity probably would have left me out in the cold.

Very low as they paired you up with local store inventory. Took a few mins to do the pairing. I’m concerned I might get canceled because I already bought a ps5 at bb. Also picked up a series x on Sunday for me.
you are good. Good luck to everyone at walmart tonight. Feels like stock is opening up. Hope every scalper gets hung with em.
Well hope you guys are correct. Guess I’ll find out Friday.

Well hope you guys are correct. Guess I’ll find out Friday.
No really I think you’re okay. No one here or on Reddit reported on Best Buy cancellations...with this batch, launch, and some other restocks. I think you’re actually okay man. They’re bulk shipping them straight to your store. Best Buy actually has stepped up their game since the failed launch order issue.

Managed to get one in at Walmart. Then received a cancellation email from walmart. saying it was flagged as a suspicious transaction by walmart fraud department.

Managed to get one in at Walmart. Then received a cancellation email from walmart. saying it was flagged as a suspicious transaction by walmart fraud department.
That sucks. What could even trigger that? Maybe it's just an excuse to cancel an order because they've really ran out.

I’m thinking your creditor flagged you but didn’t text or email you so they canceled the order. I’m going to call my card companies to lift that 500 limit.

I've had a PS5 in a cart over 10 times in the past few weeks and I haven't had any luck.  I thought I got lucky with Kohls but we all know how that turned out.  I got into Playstation Direct queue to early and had to reenter the queue and missed out.  Its just so frustrating,  I've could have bought the Xbox 4 times today but it has no games I want to play.  I'm about to give up.

I waited for the 9PM est Walmart and got nothing other than frustration. Enough of this BS, I’m giving up and going to play my Series X, I always buy multiple systems, but I can wait until Sony starts producing more (hopefully without the launch noise).

I've had a PS5 in a cart over 10 times in the past few weeks and I haven't had any luck. I thought I got lucky with Kohls but we all know how that turned out. I got into Playstation Direct queue to early and had to reenter the queue and missed out. Its just so frustrating, I've could have bought the Xbox 4 times today but it has no games I want to play. I'm about to give up.
No games? Buy the series X and get Game Pass (1st month is a dollar) there are at least 30 games that you can download for that subscription price. When exactly does the Sony store open the doors with more stock each day?

I waited for the 9PM est Walmart and got nothing other than frustration. Enough of this BS, I’m giving up and going to play my Series X, I always buy multiple systems, but I can wait until Sony starts producing more (hopefully without the launch noise).
The ps5 is noisy man. The disk drive sounds like your standard PlayStation disk drive. It turns on like a jet engine for 5-10 seconds then gets silent for nearly all of gameplay. Sometimes it turns on randomly but I think that’s to cool a hotspot or to check the disk.

The fan is about as loud as a little tiny room fan. Like a nice quite one.

Mine has some coil whine but some people I’ve asked can’t hear it and think I’m nuts lol. I’m very sensitive to it is all. If my second ps5 has coil whine I’m calling it a day and I’m not going to worry about it. It’s only audible when the tv is mute or very low. You can’t hear the ps5 at all when the sound is on...except for a disk boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
My hatred of Walmart is growing by heaps and bounds. Was just able to checkout a ps5 again and made it to final check 3 times before it totally crapping out.

I was starting to kick myself for buying that ultimate bundle from Gamestop, but I'm so happy to be done with deer now.

Also the 1 item in the bundle I do not want (the headset) is at least a desirable item and I should be able to get MSRP for it. Only thing that was an overpay was PS+ for $44.99 since I've been getting it for $30 lately. Oh well, $15 price hike is better than what the scalpers want.

My hatred of Walmart is growing by heaps and bounds. Was just able to checkout a ps5 again and made it to final check 3 times before it totally crapping out.
Same here. Kept asking me about my address. Once I finally got it beyond that step....out of stock....

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thinking your creditor flagged you but didn’t text or email you so they canceled the order. I’m going to call my card companies to lift that 500 limit.
That was my first thought. Check my Capitalone card online. It has one purchase from walmart and then one refund from walmart for the same amount. So tells me it was on Walmart end

That was my first thought. Check my Capitalone card online. It has one purchase from walmart and then one refund from walmart for the same amount. So tells me it was on Walmart end
Yeah maybe then. Weird they would flag you. Still think Capone screwed you. That bank is shit.

Kept refreshing and saw the “add to cart” button pop back up - got one for pickup next Wednesday

I was logged in and already had my card and everything set up

It told you the specific date? My pickup for XSX says 3-7 days but nothing specific.
Maybe they meant “by” Wednesday. On the Walmart app it says it will be ready by Wednesday, and on the email confirmation it says “holiday deals will be available for pick up in 3-7 days”.

Maybe they meant “by” Wednesday. On the Walmart app it says it will be ready by Wednesday, and on the email confirmation it says “holiday deals will be available for pick up in 3-7 days”.
Ah yeah when I look in my order history it says the same thing:

"Will be ready for pickup by Wed, Dec 2(Package 1 of 1)"

I've had a PS5 in a cart over 10 times in the past few weeks and I haven't had any luck. I thought I got lucky with Kohls but we all know how that turned out. I got into Playstation Direct queue to early and had to reenter the queue and missed out. Its just so frustrating, I've could have bought the Xbox 4 times today but it has no games I want to play. I'm about to give up.
That's exactly what happened to me. I hope you'll still be able to get one soon. I had to keep CAG up as much as possible and same with loud notifications from Wario64.

What’s the est delivery date for y’all who got one from Walmart today? I’d love to get one for PlayStation direct cuz of 2 day shipping but it seems complicated

The ps5 is noisy man. The disk drive sounds like your standard PlayStation disk drive. It turns on like a jet engine for 5-10 seconds then gets silent for nearly all of gameplay. Sometimes it turns on randomly but I think that’s to cool a hotspot or to check the disk.

The fan is about as loud as a little tiny room fan. Like a nice quite one.

Mine has some coil whine but some people I’ve asked can’t hear it and think I’m nuts lol. I’m very sensitive to it is all. If my second ps5 has coil whine I’m calling it a day and I’m not going to worry about it. It’s only audible when the tv is mute or very low. You can’t hear the ps5 at all when the sound is on...except for a disk boot.
You're not nuts. Not everybody's hearing is the same.

You're not nuts. Not everybody's hearing is the same.
Yeah I was just kidding around. Some people hear it too. I actually just think I’m sensitive to the sound. I can hear coil whine on my Apple Watch and can also hear some intel processors going into c-state.

Bro they aren't open tomorrow. You waiting 36 hours outside for a PS5?

Yeah I mean when your mom doesn't wanna pay scalpers and you volunteer to sit in line with your brother and people already starting to camp at gamestops its worth it when the ps5 is for him and plus I've camped black friday for like 10 years now 🥴

Bro they aren't open tomorrow. You waiting 36 hours outside for a PS5?

Yeah I mean when your mom doesn't wanna pay scalpers and you volunteer to sit in line with your brother and people already starting to camp at gamestops its worth it when the ps5 is for him and plus I've camped black friday for like 10 years now 🥴

bread's done
Back